It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slapped in the Face by ATF Today

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
gun up America - don't be sheeple like the U.K.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Citybig

Watching your countrymen get worked up into a frenzy over guns reminds me of why my family disowned those who went to your nation. I hope one day you develop into a 1st world civilisation.

What country are you from. It's hard to know considering we have a handful of people from every podunk place on Earth. In your 1st world civilisation did they forget to teach you how to spell Civilization? Did they fail to teach that it's referred to as a First World Country? Do you know what a 'civilisation' is?

My guess? Butthurt Brit, sad his family made the wrong choice and he's stuck drinking tea and paying for his Queen to show off. Does it hurt the bastard child makes momma pay rent now?

No, they taught us how to speak in English, not that garbled nonsense you characterless, soul-less cretins have developed. Shame you don't have the aptitude to develop your own language.

The only thing that hurts here are my sides, still laughing at your nations last 10 years in history and all of the joy it carried for you lot.

Woweeee, please stop this nonsense. I am not soul less. You are being offensive. Really, it is off topic.

Offense is not my problem. You choose to be offended or not. And yes you are.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It was nuts. My last two were like that. The first of the two took so long I must have circled the shop 20 times and heard all about the owners family and grandkids.

The most recent time I expected it so I went next door to get lunch. Came back and it still wasnt ready. I got to hear another customer go off about how his whole day was blown and if he had known he would never have come in and then he stormed out without completing his purchase.

When I say off-peak I mean like 10AM on a Wednesday and the FFL phones it in then looks sad at me and says "you're number 50."

What I dont get is how the hell hard is it to type in a name/social or whatever look at the screen and see yes/no approval? What about the process is so time consuming?

It should be as easy as looking to see if Amazon has an item in stock. Look it up and get a positive or negative. Mere seconds.

It's like they're still using file cabinets or something.
edit on 8-6-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
There are red flags like buying a lot of fire arms within a short time span, and others that you will never hear about.
Its possible it could be a dealer problem, or your name might be the same as someone else with issues IE Your name might have triggered a need to do a deeper search do to some info on file that you dont know about.
I would think it would be something like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Don't Jinx yourself.... LOL - NY isn't that bad, just bought 2 rifles and check was in and out in under an hour, which was cool because I got to browse and really check out the shop.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by mantarey
reply to post by Citybig

You have to love the high and mighty British! Let's see, had to bail their asses out of 2 wars, after we kicked them out of ours twice, Revolution and the Indian wars, then let's not forget all those years the "Empire" raped and piledged the the rest of the world. India finally kicked there asses out. Oh and where would they be if Amerc wasn't here backing them up? Either speaking German or Russian that is for sure.

It is so easy to be high and mighty, like many of the Canadians I run across. Easy to Bash us, but the day we tell the world to Piss off, Kick the UN out, and withdraw from NATO, what them buckle under the jackals that will come for them.

So my british "friend" bash all you want - it is your 1st amendment right! ROFL!!!! Remember I still have my second Amendment!

I find it amusing to listen to this yank rendition of history. You all seem to say the same things, which indicates that the concepts of accuracy and truthfulness have not taken hold in your country,

You all love to talk about the world wars, during WW1 you were like lemmings being cut down left right and center whilst we were engaging the Germans in game changing battles. In WW2 you were a whole year from joining when we defeated the Germans and bailed ourselves out, before they took on Russia and got resoundingly crushed. The only place you really fought was in Asia, and even then you got spectacularly cut down by the Japanese in your own country and nobody saw them coming! You took the cowards way out by nuking them.

Even when we were facing eachother, we were winning, in the Revolution you had to call on the French to bail you out, and during 1812 you did not secure a single goal, but your capital was ransacked and we invaded you. I don't know if you are familiar with the Treaty of Ghent, that's the bit where you had to ask for a ceasefire. You declared war on us, and we invaded you and destroyed your capital and then you capitulated, yet you people think this is a victory.

I can't think of a time when you have actually won a war alone, the vietnamese destroyed you, the cubans defeated you, it's so ridiculous watching you talk like you are capable of anything.

In fact, if you were to tell the world to piss off, organisations such as the UN and NATO would become far more effective as world bodies as they would not be seen as the international arm of the US military, giving them greater political power and respect, and more support when force is required because it would not be seen as imperialism. This is to say nothing of the financial and economical benefits we would see, as markets would not be polluted with debt riddled US banks and major firms, and international markets would be required to move to a more stable and valuable currency for major trading. Of course the additional benefits of never having to be barraged by your "culture", crappy movies, plastic music, crappy television shows, would all improve society dramatically.

I urge the US government to tell the world to piss off.

You are off topic. This is not a history class. we are talking about the ATF and how they do background checks.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by fishy6

My mother has her CC permit and once she had to wait a day, but it was because somebody with her same name had a violation. They figured it out quickly enough and she was then able to purchase her weapon. I personally have not had any issue with purchasing either, it takes me 15 minutes and I'm out the door.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Your on hold because big brother knows you are playing on ATS.

Reason it's on hold is that they are going through your comments to make sure your not into zombies in fear that you might start shooting people.

Guns kill people anyway.

Hopefully you are a responsible gun owner.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Ahhh. Our government doesn't 'allow' us to own firearms, we claim it as our right. I wonder why you never did the same.
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes, it is your government allowing you to do so.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I can see the problem.

You sound intelligent.
You sound independant.
You are military trained.
You are sensible and honest( no criminal record).
And you want to excersize your rights and freedoms.

Govt's generally don't like that.
Hence you are suspect and must be reviewed further.

edit on 8/6/12 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Thank you for your service with the USMC.
You are right to feel that this is a slap in the face. If the problem is not rectified quickly, call your US Congressman and Senators.
It is crap. The supposed purpose of the instant background check was to get things done quickly and separate the good from the bad guys.

Please keep us up to date with what happens.

thank you for what? for being sent to other countries on our money and killing innocent people for the banksters? is that the reason you thank him? I wonder what in a coma like state is doing in ATS!
edit on 8-6-2012 by Zedux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

t’s working out great! I bet I have more freedom than you!
reply to post by seabag

Oh, what delusion. Perhaps when the CIA took out JFK the citizens should have said "enough is enough", but no, let's just live on in ignorance.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

it’s working out great! I bet I have more freedom than you!

Come back and talk to me when you have more than 2 political parties to vote for in your so-called "democracy"

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zedux

Thank you for your service with the USMC.
You are right to feel that this is a slap in the face. If the problem is not rectified quickly, call your US Congressman and Senators.
It is crap. The supposed purpose of the instant background check was to get things done quickly and separate the good from the bad guys.

Please keep us up to date with what happens.

thank you for what? for being sent to other countries on our money and killing innocent people for the banksters? is that the reason you thank him? I wonder what in a coma like state is doing in ATS!
edit on 8-6-2012 by Zedux because: (no reason given)

He volunteered.
He was, during his time in service, available to protect our country from foreign enemies. I do not know what he did during his time in service, with regard to operations in foreign lands, some service members never leave the CONUS.
I thanked him for that, and I am not going to retract it. Just because I appreciate his service doesn't make me 'comatose'.

In light of his service, and the fact that he had to have a good background to become a Marine, he should not have any problems buying a firearm.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

In light of his service, and the fact that he had to have a good background to become a Marine, he should not have any problems buying a firearm.

If this is the case, why do your Marines go around slaughtering villages and killing innocents?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
your military service is the reason they held up your purchase. the government doesn't want highly trained civilians with quality weapons.

i will never buy a gun from a dealer unless it's under the table (not illegally mind), just so it isn't registered.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
i'm not going to read this entire thread but i have a story to share. i had my ffl for a little while from home and did transfers and he like for friends but eventually gave it up after about a year becausef visits from the ATF in to my home (yes i knew this was a possibility beforehand) were too frequent and i wasn't doing enough business for the hassle.

i had only twice had further review called out of about the ~20 transfers i did, both of which were resolved within the same phone call. one was on a person with a current CHL and no other record, the second was on another person with no record. None of us are sure why the further review was necessary but on the one with the CHL i could have simply taken his CHL number and had done with it but i wasn't aware of that at the time.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

Ahhh. Our government doesn't 'allow' us to own firearms, we claim it as our right. I wonder why you never did the same.
reply to post by butcherguy

Yes, it is your government allowing you to do so.

Interesting that someone from the UK, where most citizens can't own a firearm ( unless they cross the Channel to admire their guns in France
), chooses to lecture us on the subject.

When your break free of the monarchy and write your own constitution, then maybe your words will be something more than just the air issuing from your lips.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

well, when you buy a firearm from an FFL unless you're in a few states where there is an actual registry the only "registration" is on the 4473 you fill out. no information other than type of firearm (handgun or long gun) is given to the FBI for the background check, and they aren't SUPPOSED to keep records of the calls, names, SSN (if given) or any other information about the buyer or type. and in order for anyone to see those 4473s (again, in most states) they need a warrant for a specific name, sometimes even a specific firearm.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sorry, but the only thing that comes to my mind is:

OMG this Americans.... alls steroetypes fulfilled.

Seriously, you want to buy a firearm and wonder, that they want to review your backgroundinfo? Sorry, it is a weapon! I would like to have checks on every ATF File, like in every other country.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join