It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slapped in the Face by ATF Today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

Bad guys don't fill out forms.

I just took one small quote from your post because I think that reality is what ticked me off the most; bad guys don’t fill out forms! People on the up and up have to occasionally jump through hoops to buy a gun but criminals can pick one up with ease on a moment’s notice.

This is what the idiots who keep advocating for gun control simply DO NOT UNDERSTAND! Their stupid laws only have negative effects on the GOOD GUYS! It begs the question…what’s the point of more laws??

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It is very possible that the hold up is not your fault. The ATF may have an ongoing issue with that gun shop. They may have sold a lot of guns recently of the same type to a single person, which sets off flags, or they have another problem like an ongoing litigation because of selling to a minor or unauthorized user. Go to another dealer and see if you get the same treatment.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Knowing government people i'd say the OP picked the wrong time of the day to buy the gun as probably the person on the other end was just going on a break when their phone rang and they had to answer it so rather than spend 2-3 mins doing whatever just probably stuck it on a list for someone else to check so they could get to the rest room

It was during the middle of the day in a very big store with lots of employees present so I don’t think that was the problem.

and even as a brit i dont mind americans having guns and in fact the more guns the better so when we invade they'll spend so long trying to find the perfect gun that by the time they've found it and then spent another 10 minutes selecting the correct ammo they'll be learning god save the queen again

You are delirious, sir!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There you go folks since the world is ending in December you gots so last minute shopping to do!!!

Guns,Silencers 2-6 month waiting periods now!

Slapped in the face by the ATF everyday and by people who can't take care of their own weapons.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry about the law abiding citizen being treated like a criminal.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

He volunteered.
He was, during his time in service, available to protect our country from foreign enemies. I do not know what he did during his time in service, with regard to operations in foreign lands, some service members never leave the CONUS.
I thanked him for that, and I am not going to retract it. Just because I appreciate his service doesn't make me 'comatose'.

In light of his service, and the fact that he had to have a good background to become a Marine, he should not have any problems buying a firearm.

I appreciate the kind words.

He has his knickers in a snit because he’s jealous he’s not here to enjoy our freedoms…not everyone can be an American. Besides, we have certain standards for admission that must be upheld.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Your on hold because big brother knows you are playing on ATS.

Reason it's on hold is that they are going through your comments to make sure your not into zombies in fear that you might start shooting people.

Doubtful, but I certainly hope that’s not the case.

Guns kill people anyway.

Video or it didn’t happen.

I’ve never seen a gun kill someone...this should be an interesting video if you find one! I might have a new appreciation for the paranormal!

Hopefully you are a responsible gun owner.

Most definitely!

edit on 8-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

GROW UP and stop whining. I absolutely HATE people like you. You bitch and moan over nothing. YOU deserve what they have done to you and personally I am laughing at you here. There are people in YOUR state through no fault of their own are unemployed, hungry with kids to feed and you bring this crap here.....I do hope something terrible befouls you soon.

Calm down, turbo. Why are you worried about me?

You actually state you "own many firearms" so don't give everybody the sob story that you are being prevented from exercising your 2nd amendment rights......

Was I able to buy a gun yesterday? Nope!

If something like that get you this angry maybe a plebeian like you should not have firearms....

Some people tend to get angry when their rights are violated. Others have a different approach.

What makes my blood boil......weak people...how many firearms do you need......maybe they need to check why you have so many firearms and that you are not storing them for something?????? After all you said you own "MANY" firearms....

So you’re now advocating for more big brother, huh? Amazing!

Watch know as he tries to defend this by claiming many is only 6 or 7 or some BS.....come on defend your BS to me!!

Americans are free to own as many firearms as they’d like. I’m not obligated to explain anything to YOU or to my GOVERNMENT because it’s none of your business!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
You have been deprived of your rights without due process.
They might have an "excuse" which I would guess might be one of the following:
Have you -
Joined the Tea Party?
Signed a petition to have Obama impeached?
Joined a militia group?

You have every right to be angry, just as all Americans should be over losing their rights to a government out of control.

I think you are right. Word was the FBI was profiling people coming to the April Tea Party. I suspect they have now have pictures for facial recognition.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

yeah.....go to a gun show..... Here in Texas it's no check..... buy em from the policemen there!

That is not correct. FFL Dealers that are selling firearms at Gunshows in Texas, as well as the purchaser are indeed bound by the same laws that a retail establishment is and must fill out the form as well as the seller has to do the nics check.
edit on 8-6-2012 by ZotTheFuryian because: To quote the post being replied to.

edit on 8-6-2012 by ZotTheFuryian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

So here in Nevada we have to go through a 3 day wait period, but after that then we get our gun and a blue card. This blue card is an instant-buy authorization from here on out, according to the gun shop.

Does your state not do that?

No but that sounds cool! I told the salesperson that I had purchased a gun from that very store 2 months ago and she said I still have to go through the entire process again. The only way to buy quickly and without hassle is if you have a current concealed license, which I no longer have.

To those talking about gun rights vs.privilege and all that, consider that our forefathers that created our founding documents like the Constitution knew that tyranny from government is a real threat to liberty, so the "check" to that threat is the right for the people to arm themselves. Although gun laws always try to subvert the Constitution lately. I recall the Katrina events in Lousiana, and all the illegally seized guns. That should have never, ever, ever, EVER happened and new laws were put into place to prevent it yet a legal loophole of Martial Law is still in place that would allow it again. To which I say, time to find better hiding places.

Most of the people on here making a stink about the gun laws are from across the pond. They know not what they speak of and seem to only be interested in provocation so I ignore them as best I can!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

I own many firearms and I have absolutely NO criminal record whatsoever. After spending 8 years of my life actively serving my country in the Marine Corps, the thought that some FED pencil pusher has the authority to prevent me from exercising my 2nd amendment right to legally purchase and possess a firearm makes my blood boil.
reply to post by seabag

GROW UP and stop whining. I absolutely HATE people like you. You bitch and moan over nothing. YOU deserve what they have done to you and personally I am laughing at you here. There are people in YOUR state through no fault of their own are unemployed, hungry with kids to feed and you bring this crap here.....I do hope something terrible befouls you soon.

You actually state you "own many firearms" so don't give everybody the sob story that you are being prevented from exercising your 2nd amendment rights......

If something like that get you this angry maybe a plebeian like you should not have firearms....

What makes my blood boil......weak people...how many firearms do you need......maybe they need to check why you have so many firearms and that you are not storing them for something?????? After all you said you own "MANY" firearms....

Watch know as he tries to defend this by claiming many is only 6 or 7 or some BS.....come on defend your BS to me!!

Well you didn't think he was gonna go clubbing baby seals with it or anything? Is that what got you so upset? What does people owning firearms have to do with the unemployed? I don't understand the Nanny Staters who think that when a person earns a paycheck that is not his to spend as he sees fit but somehow belongs to the State instead?
I don't understand your logic here, people are starving so others should not have guns? In pioneer days people needed guns to eat.
But today we have places to do that dirty work for us. Since you are an animal lover, likely you depend on the oligopoly Con-Agra to eat.
edit on 8-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Am thinking of the wind-up type threads you've made in the past and I really want to laugh...

WHAT?? All of my threads are brilliantly written and loaded with insightful, provocative, hard hitting information designed to keep readers completely entertained.

but you have my respect seeing as you're an ex-marine. Got to admit that is some pretty mad stuff.

Thank you!

And it’s ‘former’ Marine…”Ex” means you got the boot! I left on my own terms.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
My advice to you, OP? Chill. Out. It's a small background check, just to be sure. What's the big deal? If your background is as squeaky clean as you say, what's the problem with waiting for a few days? You have, by what you said, plenty already, why does it matter so much to wait?

Just the fact that you're this upset over having to wait a small period of time makes me wonder if you don't actually have something to hide. Those who scream the loudest are usually always hiding something.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
My advice to you, OP? Chill. Out. It's a small background check, just to be sure. What's the big deal? If your background is as squeaky clean as you say, what's the problem with waiting for a few days? You have, by what you said, plenty already, why does it matter so much to wait?

Just the fact that you're this upset over having to wait a small period of time makes me wonder if you don't actually have something to hide. Those who scream the loudest are usually always hiding something.

He is really making a point with his statement, which evidently you did not seem to get the memo.

The point here is that while Eric Holder gets a pas on F&F, honest citizens are being held up.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Believer101

He is really making a point with his statement, which evidently you did not seem to get the memo.

The point here is that while Eric Holder gets a pas on F&F, honest citizens are being held up.

And you've met the OP in person and know for a fact that he's an honest citizen then, right?? Or are you just going off of what he says? I could say I'm a 12 foot tall purple gorilla and people would believe me. Don't believe everyone on the internet, hon. It'll get you in a lot of trouble that way.

All I'm saying is that OP needs to quit his bitching and wait it out. It's not that big of a deal. I had to go through a background check just to get my License for work (two weeks and still waiting), but you don't see me up in arms about it complaining on the internet, do you?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
WHAT A LOAD!

On review? FOR WHAT? Exercising your rights? If there isn't anything on the NICS about you, out the door you should be able to go with what you wanted to purchase.

On hold... next comes the re-education camps in some desolate area.

Derek

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Well you have a point about my not having met the OP in person, but in general, as others have pointed out, the BAD guys get the guns regardless of silly gun control efforts.

The other thing is that UN Agenda 21 filters down from the top to the bottom and people never even see it coming till it's entrenched at the local level, and I suspect it may be the same thing with the UN Small Arms Treaty. I am reading Dick Morris' new book discussing the UN treaties. It's called "Screwed", and I recommend it, especially to people who haven't got the memo on the NWO yet.
edit on 8-6-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am a Texas FFL Dealer, the frequency of "further reviews" are up in general. I have noticed that when we get a "delay" that instead of the Brady requirement of three business days, it is usually somewhere beyond five to seven days wait for the purchaser. If you want to speed it up, get a CHL and this will take the place of the NICS required check. I have some purchasers that run 30 days without a peep from the ATF-but those that do run that long- we can transfer after the "delay" date unless we feel there is something a miss- then we wait.

The NICS check is a name check only- they verify name, place of birth, SSN, and only the type of firearm weather it is a "long gun", "handgun" or "other", We do not do Class III but I am aware to what the requirement is for those it is lengthily

If you are purchasing multiple handguns in a five day period we have more paperwork to file and since you stated you are a Texas resident, if you buy any weapon over a 22 cal magazine fed in the border states there is additional paperwork as well in the same five day period (thank you fast and furious).

edit on 8-6-2012 by ShadowMaster because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

The problem is that there is no 5 day (or even one day) waiting period in Texas. There were people on my left and right buying guns and walking out with them.

People who think like you are the reason we have the Patriot Act. You think it’s OK if the FED takes just a “little bit” of our freedom….it’s for our own good, right?

NO, IT’S NOT OK. If the law says “instant check” that doesn’t mean 6 freaking days to me! That’s unacceptable, especially when criminals can get one in a few minutes on the street.

So I shouldn’t be upset when a government agency prevents me from or delays me in exercising my 2nd amendment right? Got it!

That doesn’t sit well with me….sorry!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If the FFL does not read the name off the 4473 correctly and when it is repeated by the NICS operator and the FFL does not catch it...this will generate a delay as well. I have seen it twice. Those filling out the 4473 leaves something off or not giving their ssn will also cause the same result.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join