It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

willpower do you have it? Whats the longest you have gone without any sexual activity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by digital01anarchy

I have to agree with Kanga, there are people for whom the desire just isn't there or fades over time.
So, maybe your question should be directed to people with "normal" sex drives.

I did find the movie entertaining, but in real life, I don't see the point in giving up "everything" if you don't have to.
You would have a world full of crabby people!

edit on 7-6-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

I guess i should be more descriptive next time. I did post after you had already had sex yet two people decided they would say 12 or 13 years and thought it was clever. I just hate how a good thread got derailed by 2 women claiming to be super will powered in this area. I'm sure it scared a lot of people off from honestly posting or posting at all. And whats sad is i knew it would happen. That first women was justifying her sexless marriage acting like her willpower was godlike and relationship was made of steel bs. Then another women chimed in and had a hug fest about how awesome their relationships although i understand if your doing it for your husband who cant have sex but not masturbating with no sex because he has health issues sounds like bs.

I (heart) you too.

It certainly was not my intention to derail your thread with my "hug fest" and "husbandly health problems". I apologize to you and to those whom I have "scared off" with my participation. I will endeavor not to partake in any of your future threads so that they will remain "pure and honest".

Good! this is what you call having a backbone lady. I wanted to keep the integrity of how hard this type of thing is so people might challenge them selves to see for themselves Hence the willpower line in the title! Also guilt isn't going to wok on me I don't feel sorry for anything i have said. What you may have said is true but you didnt considered it might be harder for some other people. You made it sound like a joke which it isn't same with that other poster. Blah who cares yada yada yada i haven't had sex or masturbated in years BULLS@#T. The most religious people who are priest and nuns have a hard time with this stuff. And to make things worse she got stars for her big fat lie

Whoa!!! Reel it in there big boy britches... breath.

Who is trying to make you feel guilty?

You should have titled the thread "If you find it EXCEEDINGLY difficult to make it through a three course dinner without pleasuring yourself post here"... then you would have gotten the answer you wanted.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
since Feb 2010 till date. So, two years and 3 months.

No problem. I think I over did it in my youth, and later found that it is all over rated anyway. I feel much cleaner and released. You'll only understand this when you experience it.

so you haven't masturbated or had sex for two years?

are you into some type of eastern religion? have you had sex before? I have experienced it shortly but it didn't make me feel cleaner.

as a man we have a build up of fluid which comes into play + usually a higher sex drive. I would say its like giving up smoking after being a smoker your whole life except at 30 day with no cigarette you stop thinking about them so much + the need or dependency is weakened lol that didn't happen with no sexual activity it made it worse.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

really you dont think you tried to lay the guilt trip on thick there lol. plz I'm sorry i wrote in your thread lol maybe next time i just will not write in it! little girl manipulation crap like i would care.

Plus i go days if not weeks without even noticing sometimes. Please just stop posting in the tread like you promised and do me favor.

really lady how easy do you think it is? how many guys in here have stated other wise? yeah that's what i thought! Maybe if you hadn't posted "lies" and actually listened to guys say something about it. Then you mock anyone who isn't like you personally as a sex crazed addict lol nice.

It was fun but it's back to the funny papers with you.
edit on 7-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

really you dont think you tried to lay the guilt trip on thick there lol. plz I'm sorry i wrote in your thread lol maybe next time i just will not write in it! little girl manipulation crap like i would care.

Plus i go days if not weeks without even noticing sometimes. Please just stop posting in the tread like you promised and do me favor.

really lady how easy do you think it is? how many guys in here have stated other wise? yeah that's what i thought!

Judging from the state of your humor... you are long overdue for a romp. Sarcasm and guilt trips are two very different things. The build up of fluids is clouding your vision/comprehension skills.

I will leave the thread when you quit replying. You don't tell someone to go away then keep talking to them... people will think you've gone nutty.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

LOL your derailing your own thread!

Back to the point. Let me ask you a question. Besides just testing your will power, do you believe that not having sex or any release actually does make your mind clearer and whatever else they say?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

really lady how easy do you think it is? how many guys in here have stated other wise? yeah that's what i thought!

Judging from the state of your humor... you are long overdue for a romp. Sarcasm and guilt trips are two very different things. The build up of fluids is clouding your vision/comprehension skills.

I will leave the thread when you quit replying. You don't tell someone to go away then keep talking to them... people will think you've gone nutty.

No I actually got laid a couple of days ago. There is always a little bit of truth in sarcasm lady hence the i will not post in your threads crap you tried to pull.

You wont leave the thread because your ego is inflated too big and you want the last word not because i said something about you. plus you said you would leave i didn't! actually I'm pissed you derailed this whole thread with your non sense. What your mad about is I'm not excepting the lie you told your self and everyone else

I know i derailed my own thread I had too! I should have just got a mod but i doubt he/she would of saw what i saw that its was being derailed by people who lied to make something that's hard look easy. I mean people have lost there jobs/faith "priest" "nuns" because this isn't an easy thing to do.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

LOL your derailing your own thread!

Back to the point. Let me ask you a question. Besides just testing your will power, do you believe that not having sex or any release actually does make your mind clearer and whatever else they say?

It probably could if you had total control over your mind. Subconsciously it will eat away at you and i don't really think people can control the subconscious mind fully without seeking a test like this. That's where will power comes and that's now you learn to deal with the subconscious mind because its attacking you all the time when it wants something.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've never had sex, and I'm in my mid-forties.

So I win this thread.

I'm just not the kind of guy women want. I'm not physically attractive and I have other problems going on right now. So of course women are going to stay the hell away from me.

If I'd win the mega lotto and several million dollars, women would be all over me. But then I'd know they'd be in it just for the money and the social status and not truly interested in me.

Of course if I got rich and a woman wanted to marry me, there'd be the test to see if she'd want to be with me. I'd ask her to sign a pre-nup. If she wouldn't sign it, then that would tell me she isn't interested in me and only wants to get at me for the money, and I wouldn't want anything more to do with her.

You see, in this country there's a fair number of women who marry men just to get their money, and then divorce him really quickly. Much of the time the courts will award half of what the man earned to the woman without considering the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
since Feb 2010 till date. So, two years and 3 months.

No problem. I think I over did it in my youth, and later found that it is all over rated anyway. I feel much cleaner and released. You'll only understand this when you experience it.

so you haven't masturbated or had sex for two years?

are you into some type of eastern religion? have you had sex before? I have experienced it shortly but it didn't make me feel cleaner.

as a man we have a build up of fluid which comes into play + usually a higher sex drive. I would say its like giving up smoking after being a smoker your whole life except at 30 day with no cigarette you stop thinking about them so much + the need or dependency is weakened lol that didn't happen with no sexual activity it made it worse.

If you read my post properly I said: "I think I over did it in my youth".... meaning, sex was THE thing for me. I admit, that once in a blue moon I masturbate, but the moon must be very blue.

Sex and eating have one thing in common: The more you have, the more you want to have.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Come July it'll be 3.5 years. That's when the ex and I stopped being intimate. We lived together for about 1.5 years after that and, being married, I didn't fool around even though we stopped being physical. That's how I was raised. After that I just haven't found someone that I connect with on a level that would provide intimacy. Sex without intimacy is merely another form of masturbation.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I question why one would want to abstain. I don't think there is anything wrong with abstaining, but it certainly is not normal. Statistics vary, but here are some. It's a personal decision, of course. Some people like asparagus; some people don't. Libido can be affected by a lot of things.

I wonder, though, if some of you are fooling yourselves. I only say this because my own personal experience of a colleague of mine. She and her husband got to the point where they mutually decided sex was not very important in their lives. Both were professionals: she a managing librarian, he a newspaper reporter known for his sense of humor. They were just too busy and a perfect DINC couple (Double Income, No Children)

I don't know how long this went on, but it did until he had an affair and they broke apart and divorced. She had a number of affairs herself in quick succession, married a much younger man (a long-time Cougar fantasy of hers) until they divorced I think a year or so later, married yet a third time, divorced a third time, and now she is living a rather desultory life far away from any friends. It's really sad. He's remarried and seems to be stable.

As an outsider looking at this it seems to me they put a cap on a pressure cooker and it was just a matter of time before it blew. When it did she tried to make up for lost time in a "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" kind of fashion. (I don't know what he did.) The fact is that relationship wise she never really did stabilize again.

I'm mystified why people would intentionally put themselves in a no-sex position. It's not a matter of testing your will power. If you are not otherwise forced by circumstance to abstain, why do it? Luckily I am married to a loving wife who at 65 likes it as much as she did at 20.

One thing that has affected us lately is that there have been an unusual number of shootings and accidental deaths. One of our acquaintances was run over in a parking lot and killed. A popular and well-liked policeman was gunned down at a traffic stop. An 8 year old girl was shot in a classroom. The community has been kind of reeling at this extraordinary loss of life. This has made us closer. You never know when you will be forced to wake up alone.
edit on 6/7/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Buddy your own physical makeup is against you......
Any abstenance is definately an act of supreme willpower....
The average man thinks about sex about once every eight seconds.......on average....
What chance does this give you?
However i find most women i meet these days turn me right off rather than pique my interest.....
They all come with baggage that they want to have you carry......and seem to have few if any origonal thoughts......

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
People abstain because having sex is just too dangerous these days.

Your partner could give you a life threatening STD.

Or you could get a girl pregnant and then the government steps in and forces you to pay child support amid other things.

Just to name a couple of excellent reasons to not have sex.

There's just too much baloney in it.

The real reason why people want to have sex is because of conformity. In some cultures in America, it's expected of you to have sex. For example, a guy isn't a man yet until he has sex. Whatever the hell that means.

And of course if you don't have sex then there must be something wrong with you.

edit on 7-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: fixed spelling errors

edit on 7-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
You see, I also don't understand why people ignore these dangers just to feel good.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Well, all I can say is you obviously don't have the aweful evil curse that I do... I don't think about sex because I choose too, in fact, I choose not to but my body will not conform to my thinking...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
LOL, my hubby jokes and calls me a sex cammel but its far far from reality, I am aways on till the break of dawn, unless I'm pissed at him, but hey I'm a typical new England woman I do use my sex as a wepon if need be, but that's when the will power comes in....

what I have noticed is people who start having sex younger can go longer vs people who waited later in life. I was damn near 18 before I did and its hard now to go a day, other people who I know That started at 14-15 go months on end no problem.....

but that my friend is why God made tobacco, to calm You urges....*puff *puff mmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I could easily go the rest of my life without having real sex but I have to masturbate once every three days or so at least.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I once went for so long without sexual activity, I think I became a virgin again.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
You see, I also don't understand why people ignore these dangers just to feel good.

Have you ever heard of condoms?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I tried this once. I was studying martial arts....I was able to go 1 year without any sexual contact...even with myself. I was trying to stay focused and redirect that energy into my studying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join