It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

willpower do you have it? Whats the longest you have gone without any sexual activity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
since Feb 2010 till date. So, two years and 3 months.

No problem. I think I over did it in my youth, and later found that it is all over rated anyway. I feel much cleaner and released. You'll only understand this when you experience it.

so you haven't masturbated or had sex for two years?

are you into some type of eastern religion? have you had sex before? I have experienced it shortly but it didn't make me feel cleaner.

as a man we have a build up of fluid which comes into play + usually a higher sex drive. I would say its like giving up smoking after being a smoker your whole life except at 30 day with no cigarette you stop thinking about them so much + the need or dependency is weakened lol that didn't happen with no sexual activity it made it worse.

If you read my post properly I said: "I think I over did it in my youth".... meaning, sex was THE thing for me. I admit, that once in a blue moon I masturbate, but the moon must be very blue.

Sex and eating have one thing in common: The more you have, the more you want to have.

that's fine but its not a year or years like you posted "everything" means everything

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I've never had sex, and I'm in my mid-forties.

So I win this thread.

I'm just not the kind of guy women want. I'm not physically attractive and I have other problems going on right now. So of course women are going to stay the hell away from me.

If I'd win the mega lotto and several million dollars, women would be all over me. But then I'd know they'd be in it just for the money and the social status and not truly interested in me.

Of course if I got rich and a woman wanted to marry me, there'd be the test to see if she'd want to be with me. I'd ask her to sign a pre-nup. If she wouldn't sign it, then that would tell me she isn't interested in me and only wants to get at me for the money, and I wouldn't want anything more to do with her.

You see, in this country there's a fair number of women who marry men just to get their money, and then divorce him really quickly. Much of the time the courts will award half of what the man earned to the woman without considering the circumstances.

In my original post i address puberty and virgins

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Come July it'll be 3.5 years. That's when the ex and I stopped being intimate. We lived together for about 1.5 years after that and, being married, I didn't fool around even though we stopped being physical. That's how I was raised. After that I just haven't found someone that I connect with on a level that would provide intimacy. Sex without intimacy is merely another form of masturbation.

I hope your including masturbation. Because that's what this thread is about no sex/no masturbation fight your own instincts. I know people can without sex for long periods of time that's not really the issue

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I hope your including masturbation. Because that's what this thread is about no sex/no masturbation fight your own instincts. I know people can without sex for long periods of time that's not really the issue

Why? Does this make you a better person? Are you more enlightened? Personally I think this attitude is kind of sad. Here we are placed on earth so we can actually use our senses: smell the flowers, taste the food, feel physically rather than just think about those things in the abstract, yet you are advocating "fighting your own instincts" for no good reason that I can fathom. You're not suggesting to become a monk to be closer to God or suggesting one concentrate on some other issue. You seem to be making a game of it. And that's just a bit odd.

One thing some of those surveys show is that when people get to the end of their lives, they regret not having more sex. In other words, whene they are about to depart, they wish they had not restrained themselves.

And as for the "danger" of it all, that surely says something about committed relationships, doesn't it? Because if you are in one, the danger disappears altogether. It's not an issue unless you sleep around.

He (Ghandi) later went on the abstain from any sexual activity for 15 years. He would even lay next to naked women to test his will power.

And then he got shot and died.
edit on 6/7/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why torture yourself like that? Sex is fun, sex is healthy (safe sex), and it keeps you fit. With the right woman, it's even better!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I question why one would want to abstain. I don't think there is anything wrong with abstaining, but it certainly is not normal. Statistics vary, but here are some. It's a personal decision, of course. Some people like asparagus; some people don't. Libido can be affected by a lot of things.

I wonder, though, if some of you are fooling yourselves. I only say this because my own personal experience of a colleague of mine. She and her husband got to the point where they mutually decided sex was not very important in their lives. Both were professionals: she a managing librarian, he a newspaper reporter known for his sense of humor. They were just too busy and a perfect DINC couple (Double Income, No Children)

I don't know how long this went on, but it did until he had an affair and they broke apart and divorced. She had a number of affairs herself in quick succession, married a much younger man (a long-time Cougar fantasy of hers) until they divorced I think a year or so later, married yet a third time, divorced a third time, and now she is living a rather desultory life far away from any friends. It's really sad. He's remarried and seems to be stable.

As an outsider looking at this it seems to me they put a cap on a pressure cooker and it was just a matter of time before it blew. When it did she tried to make up for lost time in a "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" kind of fashion. (I don't know what he did.) The fact is that relationship wise she never really did stabilize again.

I'm mystified why people would intentionally put themselves in a no-sex position. It's not a matter of testing your will power. If you are not otherwise forced by circumstance to abstain, why do it? Luckily I am married to a loving wife who at 65 likes it as much as she did at 20.

One thing that has affected us lately is that there have been an unusual number of shootings and accidental deaths. One of our acquaintances was run over in a parking lot and killed. A popular and well-liked policeman was gunned down at a traffic stop. An 8 year old girl was shot in a classroom. The community has been kind of reeling at this extraordinary loss of life. This has made us closer. You never know when you will be forced to wake up alone.
edit on 6/7/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

what you say I understand. The same reason why people do lent they give up something for 40 days to realize how great or amazing it actual is and see how much it effects their thoughts and lives. It takes willpower to not just say screw it I'm done! I wasn't talking about doing it for years at a time like some people have posted I really find that amazingly hard to believe considering its abstinence with no masturbation. and the people had to have previous sexual activity.

I'm using Gandhi as an example. He could of killed himself by simply having the willpower to not eat. He had the ability to eat but wanted to prove a point to people and wanted to stop Muslims and Hindus from fighting. It worked! the willpower it would take to just stop eating with your body wanting to at every moment must be hard! He later went on the abstain from any sexual activity for 15 years. He would even lay next to naked women to test his will power.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

Ghandi really did that?

If I was going through a phase like that, the last thing I would want would be a naked woman laying next to me. If he really did that then he had the willpower of a thousand men.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Condoms have a fifteen percent fail rate.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Why? Does this make you a better person? Are you more enlightened? Personally I think this attitude is kind of sad. Here we are placed on earth so we can actually use our senses: smell the flowers, taste the food, feel physically rather than just think about those things in the abstract, yet you are advocating "fighting your own instincts" for no good reason that I can fathom. You're not suggesting to become a monk to be closer to God or suggesting one concentrate on some other issue. You seem to be making a game of it. And that's just a bit odd.

One thing some of those surveys show is that when people get to the end of their lives, they regret not having more sex. In other words, whene they are about to depart, they wish they had not restrained themselves.

And as for the "danger" of it all, that surely says something about committed relationships, doesn't it? Because if you are in one, the danger disappears altogether. It's not an issue unless you sleep around.

no its doesn't make me enlightened. I would not say I'm monk. I stated why i did this. To build self control if you cant see this as something that's hard and requires willpower maybe you should try it. Have you ever tried to give up anything your addicted to?
it requires willpower to control urges. Not indulging in every whim you have takes willpower. Plus i stated women use sex like a tool for manipulation i dont want to be manipulated through sex or led around by my junk and since im not a cheater and refuse to bring myself to cheat to get the results i want. so instead I sought to control my urges
edit on 7-6-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Ghandi really did that?

If I was going through a phase like that, the last thing I would want would be a naked woman laying next to me. If he really did that then he had the willpower of a thousand men.

Yeah dude he did! amazing right. god know i couldn't do something like that

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm 27, my husband is 41 and we have sex atleast once a day. When we first dated, it was whenever we got a minute alone, that was 7 years ago. My husband and I have a strong marriage, when the feeling arises, we just go with it. My husband is 41, he is in great shape his libido doesn't seem to be dwindlng anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I think the sexual activity of most male ATS members has nothing to do with their free will,but the willing females they encounter..................

just joking

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
One year... Deliberate and on purpose.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
1-16? 15yrs wewwwwwwwwwwwww

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

A mysoginist in disguise.

No wonder your relationship failed, instead of trying to figure what the problem was with the relationship, you accuse her of being on a power trip, then you go on a power trip of your own.

good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And to the women in this thread claiming they have super successful marriage or relationship without sex, I have a question.Do you not enjoy sex with husband or boyfriend,then why be with them?Whats the point,just be in a sexless relationship,it's worse than death.Don't you think that the guy maybe feels the same way about you too(not sexually attracted).I like men,I'm attracted to men,I hate when women act like men need us more than we need them.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

I completely agree, I need, love and still very much attracted to my husband. My husband was married to a woman who was celibate, he hung in there for 6 years. He is a man, and knew sooner or later he had to call it quits.
edit on 7-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

I takes serious commitment and loyalty to be without sex for so long with someone.I think it's just cruel when women do that,it's pure exploitation.Feminists need to get off their high horse and do a thing or two for the guy they are with.I also need love and intimacy and I beleive that includes sex with the significant half,if after some time that doesn't come so easily with the person you love you both need to work at that, men are easily stimulated.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was following this thread today on mobile, and now that I'm home, I have my response:

It's Dopamine. It's the neurotransmitter released during an orgasm. It's produced by your body naturally, and has also been synthesized in the lab.

Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centers. Dopamine also helps regulate movement and emotional responses, and it enables us not only to see rewards, but to take action to move toward them. Dopamine deficiency results in Parkinson's Disease, and people with low dopamine activity may be more prone to addiction. The presence of a certain kind of dopamine receptor is also associated with sensation-seeking.

Google "Dopamine" and read up on it.

Denying your body Dopamine leads your body to make you crave other things. Those people that responded in this thread with no frequent sexual interactions with their mate have other addictions, such as movies, chocolates, or cigarettes.

Dopamine keeps your body healthy. It's vital to your well-being. I'd also challenge those that report a poor libido in their relationships to also report perfect health.

To answer the OP, I had a buddy once, when I was in my twenties, challenge me to go two weeks without any sexual activity. Nothing.

I tried, and within a week and a half, I was having vivid dreams of sexual encounters, and I would wake up with throbbing wood. Within the two weeks I had a mess in my boxers in the morning. Your body will regulate itself if you let it.

After that experiment, it hasn't been more than two days.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

A misogynist in disguise.

No wonder your relationship failed, instead of trying to figure what the problem was with the relationship, you accuse her of being on a power trip, then you go on a power trip of your own.

good luck with that.

I knew the problem with the relationship and gave many chances to make it right it never happened so i ended it. She has called me to apologize twice now and we still are friends. Its not a power trip its about standing your ground most men give in once the nookie drys up or cheat" i dont cheat" and so they put up with the same bs until they cant take it anymore. At no point did i ever say that the intended propose was for a power trip quite the opposite its to stop a power trip.

typical feminist logic of women can do no wrong and it must have been something the guy did. Ps you don't know about the relationship yet act like you do. You have made a lot of bold assumptions

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join