It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

willpower do you have it? Whats the longest you have gone without any sexual activity

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
I was following this thread today on mobile, and now that I'm home, I have my response:

It's Dopamine. It's the neurotransmitter released during an orgasm. It's produced by your body naturally, and has also been synthesized in the lab.

Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centers. Dopamine also helps regulate movement and emotional responses, and it enables us not only to see rewards, but to take action to move toward them. Dopamine deficiency results in Parkinson's Disease, and people with low dopamine activity may be more prone to addiction. The presence of a certain kind of dopamine receptor is also associated with sensation-seeking.

Google "Dopamine" and read up on it.

Denying your body Dopamine leads your body to make you crave other things. Those people that responded in this thread with no frequent sexual interactions with their mate have other addictions, such as movies, chocolates, or cigarettes.

Dopamine keeps your body healthy. It's vital to your well-being. I'd also challenge those that report a poor libido in their relationships to also report perfect health.

To answer the OP, I had a buddy once, when I was in my twenties, challenge me to go two weeks without any sexual activity. Nothing.

I tried, and within a week and a half, I was having vivid dreams of sexual encounters, and I would wake up with throbbing wood. Within the two weeks I had a mess in my boxers in the morning. Your body will regulate itself if you let it.

After that experiment, it hasn't been more than two days.

wow 2 weeks huh the first 15 day are hell the next 15 are worse. My body didn't do that but i would have a dream where i was super close" for some reason i always wake up right before the big moment" and that made the rest of the day that much harder. But i believe what your saying.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

the other poster didn't say it was all your fault.

She said it wasn't all her fault (the girl you were with)

There is a big difference there.

I have some power in the relationship, my girl has some power, but I bow down to no one. I expect the same of my girlfriend. She is wonderfully independent. I wouldn't have it any other way. She's allowed to tell me what to do to, but we take turns haha.

As far as the sex thing goes sometimes she wants it more than me. I have been tackled quite a few times recently.
That's saying something cause I usually want it everyday. She gets turned on when I talk, because my lips move

Basically don't blame other people for your happiness or lack thereof. It really is all your fault. You'll attract the right kind of girl once you become the right kind of guy. You'll be more happy than you can imagine. Sounds like you've been having little kitty relationships.

Become more independent. That will attract independent girls. The kind that talk about things they thought of, not things other people or the TV said.

Find a real woman, if you can even handle that.

Oh and I've gone about 2 weeks before. unless you count dream sex. That got quite intense near the end. I was trying to have more meditation power. I was noticing great energies inside me. As it turned out I was having too much energy. Sex is a regulating valve for powerful life energies. Controlling that energy during sex is AWESOME as well.

edit on 6/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by digital01anarchy

the other poster didn't say it was all your fault.

She said it wasn't all her fault (the girl you were with)

There is a big difference there.

I have some power in the relationship, my girl has some power, but I bow down to no one. I expect the same of my girlfriend. She is wonderfully independent. I wouldn't have it any other way. She's allowed to tell me what to do to, but we take turns haha.

As far as the sex thing goes sometimes she wants it more than me. I have been tackled quite a few times recently.
That's saying something cause I usually want it everyday. She gets turned on when I talk, because my lips move

Basically don't blame other people for your happiness or lack thereof. It really is all your fault. You'll attract the right kind of girl once you become the right kind of guy. You'll be more happy than you can imagine. Sounds like you've been having little kitty relationships.

Become more independent. That will attract independent girls. The kind that talk about things they thought of, not things other people or the TV said.

Find a real woman, if you can even handle that.

Oh and I've gone about 2 weeks before. unless you count dream sex. That got quite intense near the end. I was trying to have more meditation power. I was noticing great energies inside me. As it turned out I was having too much energy. Sex is a regulating valve for powerful life energies. Controlling that energy during sex is AWESOME as well.

Are you talking about the person who said this

A mysoginist in disguise. No wonder your relationship failed, instead of trying to figure what the problem was with the relationship, you accuse her of being on a power trip, then you go on a power trip of your own. good luck with that.

i dont even need to add more to this its self evident

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
21 years.

I was 21 before I had sexual relations with a partner.............Late bloomer.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
OP SAYS:

Are you talking about the person who said this

A mysoginist in disguise. No wonder your relationship failed, instead of trying to figure what the problem was with the relationship, you accuse her of being on a power trip, then you go on a power trip of your own. good luck with that.

i dont even need to add more to this its self evident

YES that is the post. Can you read it?

I don't need to write anything else it is self evident.

Just not to you

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

That's great for you! It was how it was for me and my wife too, but now not so much. Not because of me though, my libido has not dropped at all. She is 30 and I am 53, and mostly because of physical problems for her, she just can't do it as much now. It's a real shame, she'd like to but her conditions make it uncomfortable and sometimes painful...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I went a year and a half once when I was younger, but it wasn't by choice. I finally broke and met this big ol' fat girl one night and she made sweet love to me in a car, at a abandoned gas station parking lot one night. Not my proudest moment as a man but I tore it up like a soup sammich. Sorry, but this story had to be told. It's also funny that just a couple weeks ago I was thinking about this. Maybe I miss ol' Bertha? lol j/k I'm happily married for 13 years.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Now that you mention it, I'm wondering if my husbands ex had health issues with pain too. She couldn't have any kids, and my husband wanted them, he said she had quite a few operations. Also, I wouldn't know why someone would refrain so long if they were not either testing their will power, or had issues with pain. Alot of people were upset he left, but he wasn't happy he was 32 his life was far from over. I'm not one for people pleasing but some women forget a marriage takes work, just because she couldn't do anything, doesn't mean there wasn't other things she could do to help. I think 6 years is a heck of a comitment, my husband is very loyal he would of stayed probably at once a year.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

It is a lot of work, and a huge commitment. But I think it's worth it in the end. I also have hope that she can get some of her issues resolved soon and maybe things will return to somewhat normal...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you have a natural urge to do something....it's probably there for a REASON...and ignoring that urge, is likely not a good idea. (as long as it's not an urge to do something illegal).

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Longest for me without any sexual activity was 60-70 days. Wasn't really that difficult though. Being around 100 other guys all day, all night will do that to just about anyone. Bunkmate above you, bunkmates to either side, no shades to any of the windows, no stall doors on the bathroom, no individual shower partitions. Yeah bootcamp was hell.

I've tried the 40 days/40 nights thing after bootcamp with absolutely no success. I think I even participated in a Seinfeld "The Bet" type scenario as well.

As the OP said, when you "can't" have it, it makes you crave it that much more. I have no willpower either.

As far as physical contact with another woman, let's see, I think it's been about 2 or so years. This is purposeful, because the path I was heading down was of destruction. I believe I was focusing too much on the physical interaction instead of respect for another human....if that makes sense. Didn't mind being used for sex (I'm a guy, who wouldn't want to be!) but didn't like that I was doing the same to other person.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As an elderly woman I can talk about younger days, but can also talk about a new affair at age 59. However, with a disability, I needed to be approached in a certain way.

Now I'm recuperating from an accident and have absolutely no interest because the thought of the accompanying pain just turns me off.

Upstairs, above my apartment, lives a man whose masturbating is noisy that it awakens me and now it drives me crazy, but not in a sexual way. I would take a hacksaw to it if I had a chance-- then he runs to the bathroom, like 3:00 a.m. thumping his heels, and now I am wider awake...he returns and there's a big thump on the floor above, as though he is jumping for joy? or missed his bed? or is there another reason to rejoice?. Then after 3-4 hours awake, reading, not 'turned on at all' I'm awakened by his TV and the news/hockey reruns, whatever and would like to shoot him.

Well he sure thinks only of himself and I am thinking less and less about how I once enjoyed having sex and wondered what I ever rejoiced about with the BIG O.

Time chanes everything!

CS70

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I don`t know for sure i never really kept track of it but i would say a couple of days at the most.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Seriously? You are letting the guy upstairs who jacks off, put you off sex? More specifically, orgasms? Jeez...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I was also inspired by that movie to see how long I could go. Eventually it got to a point where I asked myself: "Why are you doing this? What exactly are you trying to prove? It's unnatural to do this!" At that point, when those words really sank in, I decided there was no point to depriving myself of such things. There is no justification for deprivation of sexual activity!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Haha this is a funny issue. Personally, i believe that you can refrain from basically anything IF you keep yourself busy. This works great for me for anything. The thing is, if you sit down on the couch or computer, and do nothing, your mind is free to wander thus increasing the likelihood of wanting to do anything because your mind isn't occupied.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join