It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I wonder if those posting know they are about to be charged with a Felony and may go to prison?

Threat Legal Definition:

A mere threat that does not cause any harm is generally not actionable. When combined with apparently imminent bodily harm, however, a threat is an assault for which the offender might be subject to civil or criminal liability. In most jurisdictions, a plaintiff can recover damages for the intentional infliction of severe mental or emotional suffering caused by threats or unlawful communications.

U.S.C. 18 Section 875:

Whoever transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to kidnap any person or any threat to injure the person of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

United States v. Kelner:

So long as the threat on its face and in the circumstances in which it is made is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate and specific as to the person threatened, as to convey a gravity of purpose and imminent prospect of execution, the statute may properly be applied. This clarification of the scope of 18 U.S.C. § 875(c) is, we trust, consistent with a rational approach to First Amendment construction which provides for governmental authority in instances of inchoate conduct, where a communication has become "so interlocked with violent conduct as to constitute for all practical purposes part of the (proscribed) action itself."

The federal government has a 97% conviction rate and they didn't get that high of win ratio by chasing un-winnable cases. I don't think Tweets made in such an obviously Ebonic way as to give pause and raise the question of where the grammatically correct actual English Tweets simulating the same might be, are the kind of cases federal prosecutors like to go after.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh, big deal. These people are representative of what, exactly? I don't think any of these imbeciles are smart enough to do it even if they actually wanted to. I prefer civility over this trash, but I'm not too worried.

An aside: he's a suckish governor anyhow.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
MSM won't even touch this, because it's okay for the angry liberals to issue death threats, but see what happens when a conservative calls someone "black". RACIST!!!

I am so tired of these asshat liberals.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You could be right, but what if? What if one is real and Walker or his family are killed?

I think posting you have already paid for an assassination is not going to be defensible in a court.

They do prosecute this stuff I assure you. I had a friend who called up a person in another State who owed him money and threatened to break one of his legs if he did not pay. The next day the FBI arrested him and his Wife came to me trying to gather money to bail him out.

He was convicted of a Felony for the threat and given time served and lost his right to own a hunting rifle and put on Probation for three years. I know the guy well. He would not harm a fly. He just wanted his money to pay his bills.

That is what my statement was based on, actual knowledge of a person arrested and convicted for something far more minor than threatening a seated Governor. Don't be surprised if someone is made an example of and rightly so.

There is nothing humorous about people who make such threats and no way to know which may be real. They will have no choice but to make them all prove they did not mean it. This got very heated and Walker needs to take this seriously himself. I've not forgotten how it was in the Sixties and it's just as heated now. Bad things will happen.

I'm afraid I cannot bring myself to say they should not all be prosecuted, even if the case is lost. The lesson is the point. I don't care if it's for a few days awaiting an arraignment, it would still make it clear this is not acceptable.

Personally I think it should be assumed they meant what they posted. To do otherwise is to invite a tragedy.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

They do prosecute this stuff I assure you. I had a friend who called up a person in another State who owed him money and threatened to break one of his legs if he did not pay. The next day the FBI arrested him and his Wife came to me trying to gather money to bail him out.

What you've just described falls right within the statute and Supreme Court ruling I quoted and linked. A direct threat was made, and as such a crime was committed. A Twitter "tweet" of poorly constructed braggadocio is an entirely different matter.

Personally I think it should be assumed they meant what they posted. To do otherwise is to invite a tragedy.

Personally I think tragedy needs no invitation and numerous assassins executed their deed without any braggadocio before hand. If the DOJ thinks these "tweets" are worth investigating they will do so, but I suspect an actual investigation will lead to nill, and if the "tweeter" is actually someone that truly represents the language behind their "tweet" then they're just dumb ass kids, if the "tweets" are manufactured to appear as if they were "tweeted" by dumbass kids, again I don't think any investigation will lead to anything other than a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Nope its the sub class of unevolved idiots called poor religious people.

It really doesnt matter what their politcal opinion is... they are to stupid from reading the "good" book to understand. Im glad i had the chance to set you straight on what kind of people your talking about.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When will common sense prevail and those on the far right and 99% of leftists finally admit they all suffer from a mental defect?

The jesus freaks on the right are certifiably nuts, but the average leftist (aka Democrat) defines the word insane.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

At least the left liberal loving idiots will serve some good for the rest of society. The thought kind of warms my heart. But then again -- it just might be gas.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Keep us all fighting amongst ourselves so we're distracted....I have no proof of anything, nothing at all, but it seems to me that that seems to be what all of us "commoners" are pushed to do.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
You folks and your "Left wing, right wing" banter is hilarious. Great way to ignore the problem. It reminds me of racism in a way. Blaming a handful of idiots for an entire 'culture'.

We're all in this together. The eagle is in a cage. Why do you care 'which wing you like the most'?

Economically Conservative, Socially Liberal.

While we should all be in this together, we are not. We are instead all paddling about in our canoes laughing at the other paddlers, and the ones who like to laugh the loudest are the ones who claim they are "economically conservative and socially liberal" as if this has some kind of profound meaning. There is nothing at all profound in declaring oneself "economically conservative, socially liberal". If you're not conserving the Constitutional principles that remain a profound indictment on government, then your hallow claims of being "economically conservative" only fall prey to your "socially liberal" ideals.

A genuine "conservative" of the United States is not some "dittohead" status quo loving Christian right wing zealot, but is one who zealously fights for conservation of the Constitution that grants government its power, and they do so because there are far too many out there who take way too "liberal" of a view of that same Constitution. The only true "economically conservative" American is that American fighting for small government, because when it comes to government the only way to get them to be "economically conservative" is by reducing their size and authority, but try convincing the "socially liberal" of that.

That's really profound.

lol.

I'm for liberty. period. other things have to be worked out in compromise but it all comes down to liberty, love and human rights. Those are all greatly absent from governance. Our government bases itself upon restriction, hatred and oppression. That's wrong. It's morally and cosmically wrong.

If you disagree with that, you have the right to think what you want, but you are tragically mistaken.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I wonder if those posting know they are about to be charged with a Felony and may go to prison?

Threat Legal Definition:

A mere threat that does not cause any harm is generally not actionable. When combined with apparently imminent bodily harm, however, a threat is an assault for which the offender might be subject to civil or criminal liability. In most jurisdictions, a plaintiff can recover damages for the intentional infliction of severe mental or emotional suffering caused by threats or unlawful communications.

U.S.C. 18 Section 875:

Well in that case, I should press charges against all the religious nuts in government that have repeatedly threatened me and my brothers / sisters with harm.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Well in that case, I should press charges against all the religious nuts in government that have repeatedly threatened me and my brothers / sisters with harm.

Uh-huh. Let's take a look at what you said in your post above:

I'm for liberty. period. other things have to be worked out in compromise but it all comes down to liberty, love and human rights. Those are all greatly absent from governance. Our government bases itself upon restriction, hatred and oppression. That's wrong. It's morally and cosmically wrong.

Knee jerk "social liberalism" is not liberty.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

If the twitters are in fact young, I can see how they think they'll get away with spreading their filth.
We have a liberal media that promotes killing and or bullying through the upside down promotion of so called equality.
They see adults acting like children, grouping and labeling those who don't conform.
When a society lacks leadership or they elect someone who claims to "lead from behind", its not surprising to see the youth mimic the hate filled adults.
We defend the killing of gender selection, infanticide, and we dismiss the rights of the elderly in favor of the younger stronger humans.
This is the result of the liberal mob mentality and regardless of the media spin, its waking up the American people.
The lack of support for the public unions and the increase of support for fiscal responsibility is among the many reasons why Walker wasn't recalled.
America opposes the liberal mob.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Very Well Put, You're correct, I believe in your statement.
It also has a little to do with the mentality of ME, it's all about Me,
If you don't agree with Me, you need to Die.
These people need a Real Wake-up Call and you're Right, I think they are getting one with Walker and the results of the recall.

Thank You to all you've posted replies, I've read them all and I know many of you as Friends.
Thank You.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

And the most surest way to tell if it really is from the left will be the silence form the politicians in the left, and from their failure to condemn this hateful retoric. How do I know? Let a republican do this and just watch the blacklash and screams of bloody murder.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Nope its the sub class of unevolved idiots called poor religious people.

It really doesnt matter what their politcal opinion is... they are to stupid from reading the "good" book to understand. Im glad i had the chance to set you straight on what kind of people your talking about.

That would be "political" not "politcal", "too" and not "to", "I" and not "i", and finally "you're" and not "your".

You know, just in case you were thinking you are better educated than the people you were critcizing.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by guohua

If the twitters are in fact young, I can see how they think they'll get away with spreading their filth.
We have a liberal media that promotes killing and or bullying through the upside down promotion of so called equality.

What does that even mean? Who is promoting killing and bullying?
You are engaging in self serving rhetoric, but you have substantiated
Your argument.

They see adults acting like children, grouping and labeling those who don't conform.
When a society lacks leadership or they elect someone who claims to "lead from behind", its not surprising to see the youth mimic the hate filled adults.

I still have no idea what you're talking about, I suppose right wingers don't have hate groups that
Thrives on institutionslized hate?

Stormfront.org

We defend the killing of gender selection, infanticide, and we dismiss the rights of the elderly in favor of the younger stronger humans.
This is the result of the liberal mob mentality and regardless of the media spin, its waking up the American people.
The lack of support for the public unions and the increase of support for fiscal responsibility is among the many reasons why Walker wasn't recalled.
America opposes the liberal mob.

Liberal mob mentality is made up by you, liberals loose exactly
Because liberals never agree. Conservatives all adhere to an idealized
Concept "conservative", the ultimate testament to group identity. Conservatives have
ONE news station for love's sake. My liberalism is 100% unique, while the
Lot of you collectively strive for the exact same manifestation, ins't that
Interesting. .

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Honestly, it's Twitter, who cares.

Man up.
edit on 7-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If the FBI arrested every person that made "death threats" or used "strong language" to people after general elections, then there would be a voter deficiency next year.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Everyone expects the same thing without having to work for it. While others work their a** off for it. Unions while good in the beginning for workers rights...which eventually became federal law furthering that agenda. Over the years have become inefficient and bloated with shady deals and unnecessary political aspirations that further corrupt the system.

Honestly I would rather hire non-union as they seem to do a much better job quality wise than most other unions out there from my experience. They have become obsolete in this day and age.

Left wing, right wing...doesnt matter both contribute to the fall of a nation due to their inabilty to work together. And im sorry to say as i hold no political affiliation (its beneath me to do so) but the lefts policy on social gearing is far worse than what any religious nut could do from the right.

Equality does not equal free sh*t just because, and that seems to be the going theme for the democratic party sorry to say. The right side of the fence? Their mostly sexually repressed freaks that only come out at night.
edit on 7-6-2012 by GrandHeretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join