It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Kill Scott Walker”: Angry libs flood Twitter with death threats after Wisconsin recall defeat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
One has to wonder about the clown Tweeting that he had paid someone to kill Scott Walker and why he would do such a thing if not angry at the government cuts Walker made, and then you gotta wonder with whose hypothetical money did this clown hypothetically pay someone to assassinate Walker. Can you imagine that? A hit man who accepts food stamps for payment?

The clown is still tweeting. Claims to be a 16 year old living in the suburbs. (I used the word 'claims' because some here believe these are GOP operatives causing trouble)

This is his latest tweet (edited for language) :

@caleb_white
but they need to go in the hood n help out rather then worrying about tweets from somebody in high school dumb a** police smh

Also.... Fox News is now covering it Bitter on Twitter.

OiO

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by pirhanna
Perhaps it's time to stop being mild mannered and take care of the corporatist blight.
Just a thought.

It's always refreshing to see that liberals openly admit that they're hypocrites and liars. Thanks pirhanna!

That's funny considering I'm not really a liberal.
And if you support the corporatists, then you are the enemy of the working class.
You are an enemy of free America.

Besides, conservatives do things like lynch people and drag them behind cars. You got no position from which to call the kettle black you ridiculous neo-con. You don't even know what true conservatism is. this board is littered with the ignorant, angry and uneducated.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
If there was any real law enforcement left in this country, those making the comments would be hunted down and prosecuted; but they're too busy running guns, seizing raw milk from the Amish, and feeling up grandma at the airport.

This deserves a nomination for Top 10 funniest posts of ATS...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The biggest problem facing America today is HATE! The HATRED and name-calling you express towards people with opposite political leanings is an example. There can be no fixing the country as long as judgmental HATE speech supersedes civil discourse.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I can't trust any website ran by Michelle Malkin.

twitchy.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You folks and your "Left wing, right wing" banter is hilarious. Great way to ignore the problem. It reminds me of racism in a way. Blaming a handful of idiots for an entire 'culture'.

We're all in this together. The eagle is in a cage. Why do you care 'which wing you like the most'?

Economically Conservative, Socially Liberal.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
You folks and your "Left wing, right wing" banter is hilarious. Great way to ignore the problem. It reminds me of racism in a way. Blaming a handful of idiots for an entire 'culture'.

We're all in this together. The eagle is in a cage. Why do you care 'which wing you like the most'?

Economically Conservative, Socially Liberal.

While we should all be in this together, we are not. We are instead all paddling about in our canoes laughing at the other paddlers, and the ones who like to laugh the loudest are the ones who claim they are "economically conservative and socially liberal" as if this has some kind of profound meaning. There is nothing at all profound in declaring oneself "economically conservative, socially liberal". If you're not conserving the Constitutional principles that remain a profound indictment on government, then your hallow claims of being "economically conservative" only fall prey to your "socially liberal" ideals.

A genuine "conservative" of the United States is not some "dittohead" status quo loving Christian right wing zealot, but is one who zealously fights for conservation of the Constitution that grants government its power, and they do so because there are far too many out there who take way too "liberal" of a view of that same Constitution. The only true "economically conservative" American is that American fighting for small government, because when it comes to government the only way to get them to be "economically conservative" is by reducing their size and authority, but try convincing the "socially liberal" of that.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I believe I love you, Jean Paul Zodeaux.

Great comments from you in this thread.

That's all....carry on!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yet if anyone said anything like this about Obama - there would be chaos.

But- since its a white republican- its all fair game right?

These are the people that are holding back the progress of this country.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
How do we know those posts were even made by multiple people? Couldn't one person in theory go and make a bunch of bogus accounts and just make it appear to be several people?

I mean you can understand why I call the union the mafia I guess, if it really is them, hehe, but as far as I know it could be anyone just talking trash because they got mad.

What really scares me though is the idea of policing the internet, where we go around and arrest people for posting hateful or vile comments.

I see people say "kill ___" all the time, kill Iran, Israel, whatever.
Are these all to be considered legitimate threats requiring criminal jurisprudence?

This is all getting way out of hand obviously, if you can see where I am going with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

When someone twitters about harming children, raping women, killing specific people...I think it needs to be immediately addressed, no matter what. Hatred is a thin razor edge for one to be balancing on. Balanced people don't twitter those things jmoho...

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by muzzleflash

When someone twitters about harming children, raping women, killing specific people...I think it needs to be immediately addressed, no matter what. Hatred is a thin razor edge for one to be balancing on. Balanced people don't twitter those things jmoho...

Des

muzzleflash is spot on with his concern and the unbalanced have the same rights as the balanced do, and freedom of expression is one of those rights.

Besides, without that freedom to freely express such frightful remarks, how would we tell the unbalanced from the balanced?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Also you have video game conversations, or role playing, etc.
Even fiction writing.

Of course the twitter remarks are obviously disgusting tripe, but undertaking the vast and incomprehensible task of policing speech on the Internet is quite a government enlarging and expensive task, you gotta admit.

It would quickly become a quagmire of confusion, a mess.

Let's stick with charging people for actual crimes please.
Religious and political groups regularly preach the destruction and deaths of their opposition.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Besides, without that freedom to freely express such frightful remarks, how would we tell the unbalanced from the balanced?

Point taken. As a Mother, and Woman, I'd rather know if someone was planning on killing me.....

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
However making any type of threat against the president is actually against the law and it is a class D felony.
I'm pretty sure that each state may have different laws for threatening public officials.

However right now the general approach is to "threat assess" anyone making threats. 95% are considered incapable of posing an actual threat, and thus dismissed.

Here is a snip from a book that I found on the subject that puts it quite well:

According to Fein and Vossekuil (1998), few assassins or attackers send direct threats to their intended targets or to law enforcement, but as many as two-thirds are known to speak or write about their intentions to others. Such violent intentions are disclosed to family, friends, or co-workers or are written about in personal journals. Recent technological trends suggest that such alarming communicative behaviors may also appear online via Internet blogs, message boards, and virtual chat rooms (e.g., Willard, 2007). Therefore, since indirect communications expressing violent intentions often exist, threat assessment efforts should target indirect as well as explicit threatening messages by would-be attackers.

nap.edu

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I most assuredly understand your valid concerns, my dear friend. As a mother and woman you should be concerned, and so should fathers and men, but we must never sacrifice our principles in the name of fear, or any other name for that matter. It is best we confront our fears and prepare for any trouble that may come from the unbalanced.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Interesting. As I watched the news before going to sleep last night, I told my Wife "Walker will have to double his security".

Whenever the Unions and Marxists get involved, violence is not far behind. If nothing else it reveals their true mindset and their desire to place a Dictator and opposition to Free elections. This is coming from the same people who wear masks, break windows, throw bricks and stomp all over other peoples Rights.

I hope they keep it up in fact. It's driving people away from them in droves. The more the public sees of them, the more marginalized they become.

The Unions are running scared and I'd not be at all surprised to turn on the news and read about an attempt on his life or an attack on his family. They lose by a landslide and they still won't stop. They lost all credibility and I'm sure a lot of former support. Soon the Democratic Party will have to clean up their mess. They let them inside, it's their job to get rid of them.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This person is not representative of liberals, as much

As you guys would like to spin it. Idiots are idiots... But

I bet it fires you up! I think that's the point isn't it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
One has to wonder about the clown Tweeting that he had paid someone to kill Scott Walker and why he would do such a thing if not angry at the government cuts Walker made, and then you gotta wonder with whose hypothetical money did this clown hypothetically pay someone to assassinate Walker. Can you imagine that? A hit man who accepts food stamps for payment?

The clown is still tweeting. Claims to be a 16 year old living in the suburbs. (I used the word 'claims' because some here believe these are GOP operatives causing trouble)

This is his latest tweet (edited for language) :

@caleb_white
but they need to go in the hood n help out rather then worrying about tweets from somebody in high school dumb a** police smh

Also.... Fox News is now covering it Bitter on Twitter.

OiO

I wonder if those posting know they are about to be charged with a Felony and may go to prison?

The threats were strong enough for the Milwaukee Police Department and the state Department of Justice to launch investigations to determine how credible they were.

“All threats are handled seriously and can represent a criminal act. People cannot assume anonymity via social media while issuing a threat to another's safety or life,” Anne Schwartz, Public Relations Manager for the Milwaukee Police Department said in a written statement to FoxNews.com.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

The simple act of making the threat is already a Felony. All they have to prove is the threat was made.

I'm going to go ahead and assume in this case that it's not the Democrats beyond the fact they don't seem to have the courage to clean out their own garbage. I'd hope their leaders are right now distancing themselves from those creeps.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is just insanely funny to me. (Not knocking the potential danger.) I spent time up in their capital during the last election recalls. It did nothing then, and then they try again for someone else? Seriously, that state is getting nowhere, real fast.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join