It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Fanatics are Hurting Ron Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by satron

I guess I'll tell you what mass media is

Internet media is able to achieve mass media status in its own right, due to the many mass media services it provides, such as email, websites, blogging, Internet and television

Public speaking and event organizing can also be considered as forms of mass media

Broadcast media (also known as electronic media) transmit their information electronically and comprise television, film and radio, movies, CDs, DVDs and some other devices like cameras and video consoles

Ron Paul totally has NONE OF THOSE......right

Ron Paul IS a cult of personality.

Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

But you do agree our system has been corrupted? Forget Paul for now. He just represents ideas.

I understand what you are saying. And i believe it is because our system has slid towards corporatism. So to change things for the better we need to get rid of corporatist agendas in the system, (subsidies, regulation/taxes meant to protect monopolies, monopolized currency, perks for the in groups......)

I see it as no one shot solution. It is a big system and to change it for the better would take many small changes working from all directions to systematically move us back to a capitalist system (lightly regulated only to prevent fraud and monopolies)

If you compare big corporations to government you will find the big corporation have infiltrated government and now regulate themselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowsnow

But you do agree our system has been corrupted? Forget Paul for now. He just represents ideas.

My vote will go towards the idea that people can change their circumstances. Not the ideas of a douche and crap sandwich.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowsnow

The corporate oligarchy is the most ruthless and destructive force the entire globe is facing at the moment...and every nation is feeding this system more and more power with every act of legislation.

Its not just our system that is broken. I don't care about that though. frankly, the initial setup of local capitalism circa 19th century did fine for its time, but of course is required to adapt and change based on new economic realities..this is why there is a commerce clause in the constitution..even the founding fathers understood that the way we trade and new types of trading would reveal a need for new methods.

The big problem is that instead of moving to solidify a continued growth of our society as a whole into a greater luxury and liberty society, we somehow shifted to become a corporate focused tycoon society that ultimately exists to fuel the profits for the few. There have been some measures to limit this influence, but even those laws either got defanged or overturned (yay, we made corporations people again..and sweet...now they can make their own superpacs and pretty much run entire elections).

Its not a huge mystery as to why no politician discusses the epic issue of trade..you don't want to get on the corporate worlds hit list.

What annoys me is that people hear corporate and confuse the term with some mom and pop shop down the street..or even a big company...the corporations in charge are international, they owe no allegiance to any nation..only to consolidate wealth worldwide in order to make kings. They run the world...this is worst than the new world order...its the current world order..and isn't it amazing people scream out to refuse the NWO...by default protecting the current order...the oligarchy..
We are so immersed in this self destruction that we subconsciously fight for any potential change that may weaken it.

What is the solution? There is no solution outside of maybe just bringing up awareness..maybe one day, actual politicians will come forward to address trade..not a token addressing either, but a full force restructuring plan..and after a few of them push foward, one may get in a position to do something...then the domino will fall.

Ron Paul is -not- that domino..he supports how things are..and wants to reinforce it..like Romney, like Obama.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

My vote will go towards the idea that people can change their circumstances. Not the ideas of a douche and crap sandwich.

Your vote is going towards none of that actually
Paul: The world is owned by corporations...lets speed up the full takeover
Romney: The world is owned by corporations: Nothing we can do about it
Obama: The world is owned by corporations: Lets put pillows on the ground so our bums don't hurt when we fall

Not seeing any change here...where is the guy whom says the world is owned by corporations, lets castrate them.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Your vote is going towards none of that actually
Paul: The world is owned by corporations...lets speed up the full takeover
Romney: The world is owned by corporations: Nothing we can do about it
Obama: The world is owned by corporations: Lets put pillows on the ground so our bums don't hurt when we fall

Not seeing any change here...where is the guy whom says the world is owned by corporations, lets castrate them.

The evolution of the economy is inevitable, it's how we evolve is what worries me. I like the evolution guided some of the idea Paul has, not by the ethical underpinnings of some douche or crap sandwich.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't call any of the Ron Paul supports crazy or even zealots that doesn't sound like the stance of someone who supports the candidate as well. Besides your going to have a few fanatics in every bunch lol 2008 election ring any bells obama had people on TV literally saying "Obama is going to pay my bills" His supporters seem A: uneducated B: totally devoid of logic C: completely brain washed by the media outlets.

The fact that Ron Paul voted against so many bad ideas while the "clearly sane" people didn't and who got us into this mess? A bad congress and two bad presidents which both represent the two leading political ideologies. Its funny too because both top political ideologies don't solve anything they chase their tales in a never ending battle to get laws passed that none of the American people want patriot act, NDAA ect. The media has been caught both left and right lying to the public or not even reporting on subjects which have extreme impacts on the American people.

Whats sad is the mind control they have over public many Americans who never question CNN or FOX news the talking box and the reporter that they like would never lie to them
and anybody who questions them is a crazy person or zealot right lol.

I mean for crying out loud we have open corruption within the voting system, and both political parties yet the one candidate who cant be bought or corrupted "is crazy" huh
and his fanatics are crazy
please face palm your self

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
I wouldn't call any of the Ron Paul supports crazy or even zealots that doesn't sound like the stance of someone who supports the candidate as well. Besides your going to have a few fanatics in every bunch lol 2008 election ring any bells obama had people on TV literally saying "Obama is going to pay my bills" His supporters seem A: uneducated B: totally devoid of logic C: completely brain washed by the media outlets.

The fact that Ron Paul voted against so many bad ideas while the "clearly sane" people didn't and who got us into this mess? A bad congress and two bad presidents which both represent the two leading political ideologies. Its funny too because both top political ideologies don't solve anything they chase their tales in a never ending battle to get laws passed that none of the American people want patriot act, NDAA ect. The media has been caught both left and right lying to the public or not even reporting on subjects which have extreme impacts on the American people.

Whats sad is the mind control they have over public many Americans who never question CNN or FOX news the talking box and the reporter that they like would never lie to them
and anybody who questions them is a crazy person or zealot right lol.

I mean for crying out loud we have open corruption within the voting system, and both political parties yet the one candidate who cant be bought or corrupted "is crazy" huh
and his fanatics are crazy
please face palm your self

Right on. Obama supporters live in la la land, so I could never vote for Obama because of that.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Thank you for agreeing that 99% of RP followers are crazy
edit on 2-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

lol that's not why your vote for someone in the first place! You vote on the candidate and his stance on issues not his supporters actions.

All i did was point out the facts that its normal to have fanatics even stupid ones which didn't seem to be a problem for Obama or make him unelectable.

This thread is evidence of placating to the Almighty public opinion lol.
A: Paul has no control over his supporters actions unless he publicly stated they should act that way
B: It shouldn't matter what his supporters actions are if you like the candidate
C: this should be basic logic

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

lol that's not why your vote for someone in the first place! You vote on the candidate and his stance on issues not his supporters actions.

All i did was point out the facts that its normal to have fanatics even stupid ones which didn't seem to be a problem for Obama or make him unelectable.

A: Paul has no control over his supporters actions unless he publicly stated they should act that way
B: It shouldn't matter what his supporters actions are if you like the candidate

That's the impassioned reason people want to vote for Romney. I'm sure that's the reason many people vote for Obama, so Romney doesn't get it.

People aren't responsible with their votes.

I even made a thread about this, but it get's no attention. It's like people really don't care.

reply to post by satron

Thank you for discrediting yourself.
edit on 2-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Ron Paul IS a cult of personality. Deal with it.

You just admitted that you were in the cult of Ron Paul. That makes you crazy.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

Ron Paul IS a cult of personality. Deal with it.

You just admitted that you were in the cult of Ron Paul. That makes you crazy.

Only by your strange and whimsical logic.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

That's the impassioned reason people want to vote for Romney. I'm sure that's the reason many people vote for Obama, so Romney doesn't get it.

I even made a thread about this, but it get's no attention. It's like people really don't care.

reply to post by satron

regardless of which party is right or wrong they both are heavily corrupted both rely on cheating the American people out of a fair and honest election. The fact that blatant voter corruption has happened with both parties and the perpetrators are not arrested and tried for treason is amazing.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by satron

reply to post by satron

regardless of which party is right or wrong they both are heavily corrupted both rely on cheating the American people out of a fair and honest election. The fact that blatant voter corruption has happened with both parties and the perpetrators are not arrested and tried for treason is amazing.

Yeah, it should be obvious. I thought it was obvious when Obama called to congratulate Romney, over him "securing" the nomination. I bet he's going to kiss him on the forehead when he next sees him.

Even though Paul is running on the Republican ticket, he's anything but what the establishment Republicans want, and he's a greater threat than Obama, if Obama can be called a threat at all, seeing that their chosen one, Romney, is practically the brother of Obama. Paul is cracking up the majority party.I really hope he destroys them. He's got a lot of young support behind his message, and I don't think it's going to slow down.

The voting system is too arcane for the normal person to comprehend, which means it's easy to pull one over on us. This needs to be fixed by simplifying.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Like the way that religious fanatics give their religion a bad name?
Or the way sports fanatics make a team look bad?
Or the way that Star Trek fanatics make people shy away from the series?

Hahha, Yeah.
Welcome to Earth, where people act crazy about just about anything.
Where people draw conclusions about subjects based on the actions of idiots in the name of that subject when they really didn't even represent that subject, but still pretend that the original subject "looks bad". Sure it's irrational to think Jesus must be a murderer because people killed in his name, but people sure act that way about it.

I'm not really religious it's just a good example of the silly notions of mankind and our penchant for being fanatical.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I honestly dont think you know what you're talking about. Everyone I've talked to about RP only spews the crap they hear on the MSM.

So...what fanatics?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I do understand what you're saying man, but to be fair, George W. Bush got into presidency (and for two terms!) so I don't think the intelligence or fanaticism of a candidate's supporters ever really factor into the political process. Ron Paul would be a massive step in the right direction but it seems people either have no faith in humanity's ability to pull ourselves out of this mess and so don't do anything about it, or just plain don't give a sh*t. And if they can find the strength to climb out of either of those categories, they then turn their attention to fighting amongst themselves.

And so we're stuck in the middle of this struggle of strange powers, where people aren't fanatical enough about this stuff, but even if they were, it probably wouldn't make a difference.

Interesting time to be alive, if you find mass suffering and degradation interesting. But hey, it's better than being bored, right?

...right?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

no, the media is hurting paul, not the supporters, since when does supporter is the main reason a candidate isnt elected?

where does this reasoning come from?

why dont we hear about romneys fanatics?

this is non sense bull #.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
One of the wsy undecided voters vett a candidate is to look at his ENTIRE platform and voice their concerns about the policies they find questionable. The real problem i have with RP supporters is if you do voice a concern with them about one of RP's stated positions on something that you dont like and you attempt to explain why you dont like it you are invariably attacked. You are simply not allowed to question any of his positions in any way. I think this does turn a lot of people off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join