It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Fanatics are Hurting Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I really would like to see Ron Paul as the candidate. I agree with most of his views and I think he could provide the change this country needs. That being said, these fanatical Paul supporters who pay no credence to logic or reason are hurting the cause on such an extreme level that it's just disgusting. They are unintentionally destroying the thing they are intentionally trying to build. I have had numerous friends and co-workers respond negatively to me about Ron Paul when I bring him up because these fanatics are giving him a bad name. Ron Paul seems to be getting associated with unstable people due to some of these fanatics. Their extreme, insane and stubborn theories/beliefs and their inability to concede to logical arguments against those insane theories/beliefs are causing more harm than good. Ron Paul wouldn't support your message, give it a rest.

If you spread hokey stories about a magician, a pig and a boy with glasses transforming into a wise sage(Ron Paul) who is under attack from wizards who were once monkey-iguana hybrids...people start to associate insane asylums with him. However, if you simply promote Ron Paul's ideas people will take interest.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Talk about lunatic. I really don't under stand most of what you are trying to say. You are throwing accusations around with absolutely no explanation.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That is the same B.S the MSM said in 2008 about Paul supporters.
Try looking past the B.S. this time.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

What are you having trouble understanding? Ron Paul supporters come off as bat poo crazy, and they scare away normal/moderates because if someone questions a single one of his policies they are instantly derided, called a sheep, told to wake up etc. It's worse than the Obama crazies were. I have a lot of respect for Paul and many of his supporters, but there are a on that go overboard.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by Epirus

Talk about lunatic. I really don't under stand most of what you are trying to say. You are throwing accusations around with absolutely no explanation.

It's not hard to understand, are you inebriated? Ron Paul's ideas alone are enough to garner great interest in him without unprovable conspiracy theories. Just to give one example of what I'm talking about..this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

the world, it doesnt beat to the tune of just one drum, what might be right for you, might not be right for some.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by redrose123

What are you having trouble understanding? Ron Paul supporters come off as bat poo crazy, and they scare away normal/moderates because if someone questions a single one of his policies they are instantly derided, called a sheep, told to wake up etc. It's worse than the Obama crazies were. I have a lot of respect and a many of his supporters, but there are a on that go overboard.

That's exactly the point, 100% spot on.

Thank you Domo

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
dude ron paul already lost . thats like saying "dont kill that dead horse"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Anytime. I actually used to like Paul quite a bit. Still do, just don't know that he would be a great president, and certainly not the Messiah. I'm going to get grief for this but I suspect a great many posters on ATS only read ATS or similar sites, and that they want to support Paul because it's cool right now.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
dude ron paul already lost . thats like saying "dont kill that dead horse"

Yeah that's true, I probably should have used past tense. The point still stands.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I totally agree. This reason is why I'm not very vocal about my support for him. I've made the mistake of meeting somebody, realizing we both like Dr. Paul, then find out the person is a complete racist or only likes Ron Paul because they think he'll eliminate the "nanny state".

It's embarrassing to be associated with some of them.

Keep in mind that many of his supporters on ATS are totally cool but they aren't exactly the type I meet on the street.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Judging a candidate's support base is a good way to base if you'll vote for them.

Why I'm not voting for Ron Paul.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
If I may respond to argue.

Ron Paul supporters are usually the only people who know their candidates position.

Ron Paul supporters are usually the first to want to talk about policy.

Ron Paul supporters have been the only ones trying to keep things honest throughout this election cycle.

Ron Paul supporters may seem crazy because they are the only ones wanting to actually FIX things in this country.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones making the GOP shake to their knees. Not the Democrats; whom as well fear a showdown between Obama and Paul so much they are willing to prop up Romney.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who understand how much of a mess these past two administrations have got us into.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who wont pull the party line bs.

They arent the crazy ones. Sorry to tell you. And without them- Ron Paul wouldnt be where he is at today.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

So, you have not considered that it might be the msm just editing video to remove the "normal" and only show the nutcases?
Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I guess we can all agree that Ron Paul is kinda like Jesus, in a very small mortal kind of way.
Think about it,
...his very own followers are the ones that always make him look BAD!
edit on 1-6-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Ron Paul supporters are usually the only people who know their candidates position.

Ron Paul supporters have been the only ones trying to keep things honest throughout this election cycle.

Ron Paul supporters may seem crazy because they are the only ones wanting to actually FIX things in this country.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones making the GOP shake to their knees. Not the Democrats; whom as well fear a showdown between Obama and Paul so much they are willing to prop up Romney.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who understand how much of a mess these past two administrations have got us into.

They arent the crazy ones. Sorry to tell you. And without them- Ron Paul wouldnt be where he is at today.

If Ron Paul supporters don't talk about him, who will?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ummm...I'm a Ron Paul "supporter" did you even read the thread? The fanatics are hurting us supporters, that's the point of this thread. The supporters are needed...the insane, defiant, and closed minded fanatics are hurting the supporters.

Ron Paul's views are what made him big, no need to invent or bloat conspiracies as those will only scare away average people while his brilliant and different ideas alone will attract them.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I agree with everything you said except this:

Everyone wants to "fix" things because they all want to benefit from the improvements, but *some* Paul supporters----not all, but a great deal---seem crazy because they are passionate and even zealous about their support to the point that it's off-putting. Not because people are sheep or asleep, but because most people didn't want to be bombarded with an hour diatribe about Jekyll Island, the Illuminati, and "TPTB". Not that any of that is incorrect or unimportant, but it's not the kind of thing you go knocking on doors with if you want to get people to listen, and it's not appropriate when someone just says "oh, yeah, that Ron Paul guy, I like him". It seems to me that a lot of Paul supporters have Asperger's; they're brilliant and well-informed but socially retarded. This doesn't help Paul's case.

And to the other poster who suggested it's a MSM editing thing----dude, nobody interviews Paul supporters, they barely cover Paul himself. It's all the posts on ATS and Facebook, water-cooler convos, etc. It's personal experience.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Ummm...I'm a Ron Paul "supporter" did you even read the thread? The fanatics are hurting us supporters, that's the point of this thread. The supporters are needed...the insane, defiant, and closed minded fanatics are hurting the supporters.

Ron Paul's views are what made him big, no need to invent or bloat conspiracies as those will only scare away average people while his brilliant and different ideas alone will attract them.

You dont really sound like a supporter.

But I will take your word for it.

And yes, I read your thread. I always read the entire thread. =)

And what conspiracies are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

You dont really sound like a supporter.

But I will take your word for it.

And yes, I read your thread. I always read the entire thread. =)

And what conspiracies are you talking about?

Its not a conspiracy he's talking about, its just another talking point he's talking about. Lately its all about "I'm a Ron Paul supporter, BUTTTTTT" ....

No one would be voting for his supporters, anyway, so its a moot point. The thing that bothers the anti paulites is that he HAS so much support and their guys don't. Well, besides Goldman Sachs Inc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join