It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Fanatics are Hurting Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Every candidate has their crazy supporters, but what I notice about Ron Paul's is that they don't find the pre-picked, Goldman candidates, very palatable.

edit on 1-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Every candidate has their crazy supporters, but what I notice about Ron Paul's is that they don't find the pre-picked, Goldman candidates, very palatable.

edit on 1-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

Haha can't disagree with that, right on.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

If you spread hokey stories about a magician, a pig and a boy with glasses transforming into a wise sage(Ron Paul) who is under attack from wizards who were once monkey-iguana hybrids...people start to associate insane asylums with him. However, if you simply promote Ron Paul's ideas people will take interest. e

It would save us a lot of time in the future if you would just refrain from posting all the other b.s. you wrote in your OP and just post the paragraph above. That way, we won't have any doubt about these being troll threads. Go back to MittRomneyCentral.com and tell them you failed.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

It would save us a lot of time in the future if you would just refrain from posting all the other b.s. you wrote in your OP and just post the paragraph above. That way, we won't have any doubt about these being troll threads. Go back to MittRomneyCentral.com and tell them you failed.

Oh look, exactly what the OP was talking about. He has stated he supports Ron Paul, and is only trying to help. But of course any question of Paul supporters leads to knee jerk reactionary nonsense, further proving his point.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If I may offer one example of a problem caused by Paul supporters? This one ended it for me. I visited The Daily Paul during the Texas primary. It was being discussed in a very long thread which featured the posts of sovereignjanice. She (?) claimed to be a worker for the Paul campaign 40 hours a week, but I don't know if she is an official part of it or just an enthusiastic supporter. She said:

Submitted by sovereignjanice on Tue, 05/29/2012 - 17:50. Permalink
I don't remember. More so people in Cook county. If you do call back, show them the GOP's website which has the count down to the deadline: ilgopconvention.eventbrite.com... That's where they send you to register after the chair says if there are slots available or not.

Of course, above all else, you need to sound like a Romney supporter. You have to win over the chair. Sound disappointed that you won't be able to play a part in unseating Obama if they give you the same line that the deadline has passed. How we need someone in the white house with business experience. The more dedicated you are, the more likely it is that you'll be appointed.
I don't think this needs any further explanation, but it does hint at how Ron Paul might have "won" so many delegates.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
If I may offer one example of a problem caused by Paul supporters? This one ended it for me. I visited The Daily Paul during the Texas primary. It was being discussed in a very long thread which featured the posts of sovereignjanice. She (?) claimed to be a worker for the Paul campaign 40 hours a week, but I don't know if she is an official part of it or just an enthusiastic supporter. She said:

Submitted by sovereignjanice on Tue, 05/29/2012 - 17:50. Permalink
I don't remember. More so people in Cook county. If you do call back, show them the GOP's website which has the count down to the deadline: ilgopconvention.eventbrite.com... That's where they send you to register after the chair says if there are slots available or not.

Of course, above all else, you need to sound like a Romney supporter. You have to win over the chair. Sound disappointed that you won't be able to play a part in unseating Obama if they give you the same line that the deadline has passed. How we need someone in the white house with business experience. The more dedicated you are, the more likely it is that you'll be appointed.
I don't think this needs any further explanation, but it does hint at how Ron Paul might have "won" so many delegates.

Why do you have to sound like a Romney supporter to win over the chair?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Epirus

If you spread hokey stories about a magician, a pig and a boy with glasses transforming into a wise sage(Ron Paul) who is under attack from wizards who were once monkey-iguana hybrids...people start to associate insane asylums with him. However, if you simply promote Ron Paul's ideas people will take interest. e

Did you ride the short bus to school? It's called a hyperbole...

Hyperbole ( /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-pur-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή, 'exaggeration') is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.[2] Hyperboles are exaggerations to create emphasis or effect. As a literary device, hyperbole is often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered in casual speech. An example of hyperbole is: "The bag weighed a ton."[3] Hyperbole helps to make the point that the bag was very heavy, although it is not probable that it would actually weigh a ton.
Wiki

It's not a troll attempt and you are missing the point...wow...are you trolling? I find it hard to believe that you are that dense.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Its not a conspiracy he's talking about, its just another talking point he's talking about. Lately its all about "I'm a Ron Paul supporter, BUTTTTTT" ....

No one would be voting for his supporters, anyway, so its a moot point. The thing that bothers the anti paulites is that he HAS so much support and their guys don't. Well, besides Goldman Sachs Inc.

Let me submit to the court Exhibit A......

Translation:
"Don't even listen to what he has to say, whatever it is we will ignore it by playing the 'MSM sheople' card. In this phase of the grand conspiracy against The Good Doktor, people will pretend to have complicated and nuanced opinions and personal motivations, but what they're really trying to do is steal away our election-winning 3% of the vote.

Here is a straw man so we can just stop talking about this because it makes me uncomfortable. But before we do, let me alienate any potential converts by lumping them all together as sub-human beings with no agenda other than opposing the Good Doktor, whose supporters are being kept under lock and key to prevent them from voting and showing their true HUGE numbers! The banks and investment firms pay tens of millions of sub-humans to vote for anyone but the Good Doktor. DONTCHA KNOW?!?!"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

lol but your good ol' boy romney didnt buy any votes now did he? didnt rig any state primaries/caucuses?
paul hasn't done any of that, and by the way, the delegate system is rigged to begin with because it leaves the PARTY in charge of the delegates. we should have used their own corrupt system against them, but im guessing it didn't really happen all of that much. it would only happen if the state had a split, and the delegates would then be "unrestricted". im willing to bet that in many states people wouldnt want to take the risk of having to vote for mitt romney when push came to shove. and if the vote did split, we couldnt prove one way or the other if they really were supporting romney, found out he was a scumbag and switched after a split caucus, or if they were paul supporters all along. majority of romneys delegates were not passionate, they just want to rise up within the ranks of the corrupt establishment and be part of the "winning team". some were just braindead faux news heads.

crawl back in your scroffulus den.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Dear smarterthanyou,

What an interesting post. A little difficult for me to understand, but then I'm Mr. Confusion. My post had nothing to do with Paul vs. Romney. I was simply commenting on the thread's title with an example of where I thought Paul's supporters hurt him.

Is Romney's campaign crooked? I don't know, possibly. But the only point I was making was that Paul supporters appeared to be offering advice on how they could hide their loyalty to Paul with a lie that they were supporting Romney. I was hoping that the Paul campaign would be above that, but passionate people always get carried away regardless of the cause.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood me so badly. Perhaps I wrote poorly.

By the way, what is a scroffulus den? Can I get plans at any lumber yard? It might be better than the den I have now.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Paul's supporters hurt him, yet Trump does what for Romney?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

If you're asking my opinion? I think Trump is a captured reptilian who was brain washed by Sesame Street music interspersed with readings from Marx. This prepared him to be subjected to other MKULTRA techniques transforming him into a Democrat party Manchurian operative. He was turned loose to make money and fame and has now been activated to destroy the Republican party. And I have videos, so there.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by satron

If you're asking my opinion? I think Trump is a captured reptilian who was brain washed by Sesame Street music interspersed with readings from Marx. This prepared him to be subjected to other MKULTRA techniques transforming him into a Democrat party Manchurian operative. He was turned loose to make money and fame and has now been activated to destroy the Republican party. And I have videos, so there.

I wasn't asking anyone, but I did want people to think about the irony.

BTW, you have an overactive imagination.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

reply to post by smarterthanyou

By the way, what is a scroffulus den? Can I get plans at any lumber yard? It might be better than the den I have now.

You win the interwebz.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Coming from a guy whose avatar is the Joker from Batman clapping in a .gif, you are most likely trolling.

As my ATS explanation goes, the diction you used does not harbor a positive response from your peers.

However, the type of people you are explaining who show a resistance to Ron Paul are just incapable of cognitive recognition. They are unable to recognize and dissect information consciously. These type of people probably have a very mundane and repetitive lifestyle that does not breed or require this ability.

Find a better sample group to justify your claims.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ron Paul fanatics can't hurt Ron Paul, why? Because he isn't even on the freaking NEWS....Apparently though the Obamabots hurt Obama here on ATS, but that will never show on the MSM...Everything is positive about Obama on the MSM...Even Romney for that fact...
edit on 2-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Despite the fact that this is not much more than MSM propaganda, you don't have any right to tell other people how they are to act. While I don't think Ron Paul supporters are anymore fanatical than an Obama supporter or any other passionate supporter of something (they just get up and do more), they can do damn well what they please despite the fact people are throwing money at words like "fanatic", "radical" and whatnot.

The RPC and movement has actually been counseling it's supporters and delegates on the internet through forums and other means. You should probably know this, if in fact you ARE a Ron Paul supporter. You think it's "fanatical" that RP supporters believe there are paid traitors among them? The evidence starts to become pretty clear when you look around a bit.

Ron Paul supporters are not fanatical, they are just regular supporters who actually support their candidate instead of following the script they are supposed to.

Also, from I have been able to tell, MANY Ron Paul people disagree with one or some of his policies.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If Your friends think Paul is crazy and they like Rombama then your friends are ALL IDIOTS and I wouldnt worry about them, Paulbots cant hurt him worse than the msm has already..Look at the junk they say about Romney too though,,,but the Romney stuff is true.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have not - honestly - heard one supporter say anything crazy.

However, I have heard the MSM and his destractors talk about his crazy ideas and his crazy followers.

People don't want to be associated with people who are 'out there'....they are trying to keep his ideas - like ending the drug war - cutting foreign aid - getting rid of corrupt departments that don't work for anyone but corporate interests - to seem 'out there' so they keep them out of the mainstream.

But it will not work.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 2-6-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join