It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Fanatics are Hurting Ron Paul

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
One of the wsy undecided voters vett a candidate is to look at his ENTIRE platform and voice their concerns about the policies they find questionable. The real problem i have with RP supporters is if you do voice a concern with them about one of RP's stated positions on something that you dont like and you attempt to explain why you dont like it you are invariably attacked. You are simply not allowed to question any of his positions in any way. I think this does turn a lot of people off.

Very rarely do people agree with any candidates' ENTIRE platform. But what's REALLY sad here, is that we have a populous who don't have minds of their own and think that when someone disagrees with them, or doesn't word things exactly how they want about a particular issue, it "turns them off" to that candidate. Why don't you and others like you do the research yourself instead of having a high-school mentality where you expect the "cool popular kids" to decide for you? Do you really think there has ever been any "platform" that everyone will come to agree with you on? Get real. All this crap about "supporters turning me off" is nonsense. You shouldn't be voting in the first place, especially if you are voting for the supporters rather than the actual candidate in question.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Reality is like a brick to the face.

Painful, yet liberating!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I disagree entirely about Ron Paul being a good candidate at all.

He's a Washington Insider. History tells us that things don't go over so well when someone who is established within the system takes over.

All of these candidates are insane and BAD for this country. Ron Paul represents the interests of corporations, however, most of his supporters will back him regardless while downing any other candidate for doing the same.

One last thing...how many times do you guys have to line up to the polls to realize that you're playing a game which is fixed against you? How much more are you guys willing to give?... Because I can tell you this...they're not through taking from you by a LONG SHOT.

Its like watching a dead mouse still able to make the wheel move because his nerves are still twitching that familiar motion...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
If I may respond to argue.

Ron Paul supporters are usually the only people who know their candidates position.

Ron Paul supporters are usually the first to want to talk about policy.

Ron Paul supporters have been the only ones trying to keep things honest throughout this election cycle.

Ron Paul supporters may seem crazy because they are the only ones wanting to actually FIX things in this country.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones making the GOP shake to their knees. Not the Democrats; whom as well fear a showdown between Obama and Paul so much they are willing to prop up Romney.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who understand how much of a mess these past two administrations have got us into.

Ron Paul supporters are the only ones who wont pull the party line bs.

They arent the crazy ones. Sorry to tell you. And without them- Ron Paul wouldnt be where he is at today.

Bar none, Ron Paul supporters are the ONLY supporters that want to openly talk about policy. Mind you I'm talking on the public spectrum. In regards to Romney, or even Obama, it's more a "cult of personality". With Paul, you could at least guarantee a discussion of a myriad of policies or problems, if Paul does the talking, then get ready to be schooled. He's very open, very well spoken and is delighted to discuss his opinions in detail.

The others, it's just zingers and 'whammies'. "I'm a family man." "Why Romney, because he ain't no Obama.", "Yes we can!"

Durr hurrr huuuurrr, Paulites are stoopid hurr.

Also, Ron Paul is very anti-establishment, and he doesn't hide it. When displaying supporters, the media and others will look for "the worst" about him and his supporters (often coming up with nothing mind you), and they focus on anything negative far too long. For other candidates, depending on their station (left, or right) then they will focus only on the good, and forget about all the "crazies". They often take jabs at each other too, but in Ron Paul's case, the establishment took up a "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." policy and everyone went after him and everyone focused on the most negative.
edit on 3-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I'll gladly talk about policy if it means that Ron Paul's maniacal supporters won't drown me out.

Obamney don't get it it either.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Thank you you just proved my point beautifully.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by Wookiep

Thank you you just proved my point beautifully.

Np, and you just proved you don't have a point, other than perhaps you shouldn't vote.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I'll gladly talk about policy if it means that Ron Paul's maniacal supporters won't drown me out.

Obamney don't get it it either.

Awww you can't hold your own in political discussion? Name ONE candidate with any passionate support base that you wouldn't feel "drowned out" by? If you feel strongly about your positions, any "maniacal" support base shouldn't phase you one bit.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
LOL - these threads almost always start with "I am a Ron Paul supporter"...sure, and I bet you have some farmland for sale in Atlantis as well.

Usual suspects are disgruntled lefties or plain old Obama supporters.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
100% agreed. The die hard Paul fans will cost him many votes from Independents, Republicans, and Democrats. They absolutely WORSHIP the guy and think he's flawless. It's kind of disturbing on some levels...

Also, I have met a few Paul supporters who are a bit...insane. They believe in 9/11 conspiracies along with being religious nutcases.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus
I really would like to see Ron Paul as the candidate. I agree with most of his views and I think he could provide the change this country needs. That being said, these fanatical Paul supporters who pay no credence to logic or reason are hurting the cause on such an extreme level that it's just disgusting. They are unintentionally destroying the thing they are intentionally trying to build. I have had numerous friends and co-workers respond negatively to me about Ron Paul when I bring him up because these fanatics are giving him a bad name. Ron Paul seems to be getting associated with unstable people due to some of these fanatics. Their extreme, insane and stubborn theories/beliefs and their inability to concede to logical arguments against those insane theories/beliefs are causing more harm than good. Ron Paul wouldn't support your message, give it a rest.

If you spread hokey stories about a magician, a pig and a boy with glasses transforming into a wise sage(Ron Paul) who is under attack from wizards who were once monkey-iguana hybrids...people start to associate insane asylums with him. However, if you simply promote Ron Paul's ideas people will take interest.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)
When I bring Ron Paul up.Most people follow MSM views.That it is a wasted vote.When I say he wants to get rid of the Fed,Downsize Goverment And Possiably get rid of I.R.S.They think these are great ideas.Put with the MSM blackout on him nobody knows these views.I say stay at it but don't over do it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

People worship Paul because he has proven himself over the years to be a man of great honor.

People worship Obama because he is black.

Id be a "Paulite" over a "Obamatron" anytime of the day.

We all know who the insane ones are- they voted in the current president.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

People worship Paul because he has proven himself over the years to be a man of great honor.

The insane ones want to either give the president another whirl, or vote in his twin.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by yellowsnow
reply to post by SaturnFX

But you do agree our system has been corrupted? Forget Paul for now. He just represents ideas.

My vote will go towards the idea that people can change their circumstances. Not the ideas of a douche and crap sandwich.

Your vote is going towards none of that actually
Paul: The world is owned by corporations...lets speed up the full takeover
Romney: The world is owned by corporations: Nothing we can do about it
Obama: The world is owned by corporations: Lets put pillows on the ground so our bums don't hurt when we fall

Not seeing any change here...where is the guy whom says the world is owned by corporations, lets castrate them.

Sorry Paul is the only one moving to limit the power of corporations in any way .. where do you get your facts ?

Paul rejects contributions from corporations, national banks and federal government contractors are prohibited.

He wants to end liability limits for corporations .

He would also end fascistic gov involvement in corporations

Limit the size of government." If we limit government, we limit big corporations influence and sway"

Paul opposes farm subsidies because they are paid to large corporations ...

"Both big governments AND big corporations are dangerous "

Paul want to end the rights of corporations to function as individuals .

He wants to end the IRS this is the primary conduit to the Federal reserve the Global banking monopoly .

He wants to end wars of empire that accounts for the bulk of spending that goes to the military industrial complex

I'd say he is the most unfriendly candidate towards current corporate power structure ..

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ah, can't have a simple conversation without bringing race into it.

Nice.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Ah, can't have a simple conversation without bringing race into it.

Nice.

Obamatrons bring it up race everytime someone doubts Obama. They automatically get called racists with no reason whatsoever.

But I state a fact- then its all Taboo aint it?

Did you vote for Obama cause he was not Bush, or because he is black?

It couldnt be for any other sane reason.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You really think that everyone who voted for Obama did so because he wasn't Bush (neither was McCain) or because he is black? No other sane reason? I certainly didn't support Obama, never have, never will but there were a hell of a lot of very intelligent people that voted for him and not because of Bush or his being black.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ah great another bashing Paul supporters post/thread.

Isn't this whole topic technically political baiting/ trolling? And yet, like all the Ron Paul supporter bashing it's allowed to fly on this site. Something I've pointed out in the past when it occurs, something I've had my posts removed for in the past, and something that continues (it's to the point where some members political troll, then report members for calling them out, and the troll posts stay, while the retorts are removed. It's one of the reasons I've stopped posting as much on this site for... It's just a double standard that doesn't sit well with me.

I've seen a recent upswing in the whole "I support Ron Paul/ or I used to support Ron Paul but his supporters are insane so I don't support RP now" posts popping up all the time lately. It seems as if the MSM uses the nutty RP supporters angle a lot since they don't have dirt on the man, but now to see it pushed here as well?

How many of you anti-Paul supporters have ever been to a RP Rally? Or talked with a supporters? All the supporters I've met are some of the nicest people I've ever met/ known. Where are all these coo coo's the MSM and some members here are talking about? I've never seen them.

It seems to me that activism in any sense, if it doesn't go with the Mainstream's set doctrine, so it's often labeled as nutty. And people think, well his supporters are nuts, there's no way I'm supporting him. It's just more political warfare, and it works, because people like being part of the "in group." Sad, but it's just a human trait/flaw.

RP supporters are some of the most Politically knowledgeable people I've ever met, and that alone scares people because They can't debate with them, so they write them off as NUTTY. It's an easy way out of debate.

The true NUTS are the ones that are destroying our country. The true NUTS are the ones who know this, and are still blind to it, or don't care and call those who are active negative names.

edit on 3-6-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Common Good

You really think that everyone who voted for Obama did so because he wasn't Bush (neither was McCain) or because he is black? No other sane reason? I certainly didn't support Obama, never have, never will but there were a hell of a lot of very intelligent people that voted for him and not because of Bush or his being black.

Maybe you are right.

Maybe they voted for him to turn the Economy.

Maybe they voted for him to get us out of war.

Maybe they voted for him to get more respect from other nations.

Maybe they voted for him to get us out of debt.

Maybe they voted for him to secure our privacy.

Maybe they voted for him to end the torturing.

Maybe they voted for him 'cause they thought it would bring an end to racism.

Maybe they voted for him to fix healthcare.

--I could go on.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Thank you.

Im glad I am not the only one who see this crap going on.

You know whats funny. A year ago a lot of people didnt know who Paul was. I also remember people on here saying "Ron Paul cant win, Nobody knows who he is".

Now that people know who he is, the haters are now trying to label them as crazy.

Why? Cause they are scared to death. They have never seen a movement like this, not even within their own party.

They will use whatever dirty tactics they can think of to take down Ron Paul.

Problem is- their tactics are transparent. Everyone can see how desperate they are.

ATS is of course going to allow Ron Paul bashing. IMO- thats ok. I bash Obama all the time.

Difference is though- I have reasons. They have nothing.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join