It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How long does it last as far as shelf life?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
****Caution

The issue I have with large amounts of acidic supplements is that the body/blood should be slightly alkaline.

And the bodies ability to absorb minerals and nutrients is greatly reduced with an acidic environment. One of the reasons for extremely poor health here in the USA and abroad is due to the ingestion of acidic foods and drinks.

Small amounts of C is good, but I am not sold on large dosages, since our bodies will try to balance any acidic environment created by our bodies, even if it has to take it from our bones.

So a word to the wise.

Here is a good link so people will understand this better.

www.rense.com...

Human blood pH should be slightly alkaline ( 7.35 - 7.45 ). Below or above this range means symptoms and disease. A pH of 7.0 is neutral. A pH below 7.0 is acidic. A pH above 7.0 is alkaline.

An acidic pH can occur from, an acid forming diet, emotional stress, toxic overload, and/or immune reactions or any process that deprives the cells of oxygen and other nutrients. The body will try to compensate for acidic pH by using alkaline minerals. If the diet does not contain enough minerals to compensate, a build up of acids in the cells will occur.

An acidic balance will: decrease the body's ability to absorb minerals and other nutrients, decrease the energy production in the cells, decrease it's ability to repair damaged cells, decrease it's ability to detoxify heavy metals, make tumor cells thrive, and make it more susceptible to fatigue and illness. A blood pH of 6.9, which is only slightly acidic, can induce coma and death.

The reason acidosis is more common in our society is mostly due to the typical American diet, which is far too high in acid producing animal products like meat, eggs and dairy, and far too low in alkaline producing foods like fresh vegetables.

P.S. Cancer patients should seek an alkaline environment for their condition typically.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yes, I also read when I was studying up on the effects of ascorbic acid (vit C) on pregnancy that people should consider taking a calcium supplement or something, especially if injesting for long periods of time and also note the potential risk of kidney stones in conjunction with the amount consumed over a long span of time.
edit on 1-6-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Iwinder

The guy/gal had a valid question. "is too much vitamin c toxic?"

It's valid because there is such a thing as Hypervitaminosis, or "vitamin overdose". This is mainly applied to fat soluble vitamins. Water soluble vitamins such as Vitamin C might cause a little diarrhea when too much is consumed, but that's about it. It just flushes right on out!

However by encapsuling the vitamin C in this way you are in essence creating a fat soluble vitamin C (hence the lipo which means fat).So an overdose is I suppose more likely in this form. If vitamin C was ment to be a lipid soluble then it would be so naturally. I'm inclined not to believe this is such a great idea, especially not on a daily basis. However as a therapy for severe illness it may be marvellous and much safer than some of the traditionally used medications.

I for one have noticed great improvement in my health since starting daily Vitamin C, Vitamin D and selenium supplements. However my vitamin D level was low and the supplements recommended to me as part of my treating Multiple Sclerosis. In a healthy person I don't think there are any benefits in over doing any vitamins. Better find a good balanced intake and supplement with extra when the body is exposed or fighting illness, to help it in the absorption of the required amounts. A balanced diet, and testing your vitamin levels before experimenting with excessive amounts of supplements is what I believe in. But
for a very important topic none the less. I will certainly keep this concoction in mind for a rainy day.

much love

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

So, does this mean I can blame you, dominicus, for the $177 total I just got from Amazon....?

I bought a sonic wave ultrasonic cleaner 42k cycle for $25 plus $8 shipping. Paid $11 for 1lb of pure vit c powder ascorbic acid by Now products. $13 for the Now products non-gmo lecitith also from ebay free shipping.

25+8+11+13 = $57

Also i bought a $5 plus tax vacuum hand pump and 2 cork set at the local liquor store. I keep the mixture in an cleaned out dark blue gin bottle or dark brown used beer bottle. I put the wine cork vacuum on there and pump out the oxygen from the bottle, takes like 20-30 quick pumps to get the air out to keep it fresher for longer.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Iwinder

The guy/gal had a valid question. "is too much vitamin c toxic?"

It's valid because there is such a thing as Hypervitaminosis, or "vitamin overdose". This is mainly applied to fat soluble vitamins. Water soluble vitamins such as Vitamin C might cause a little diarrhea when too much is consumed, but that's about it. It just flushes right on out!

Devo,

I am still concerned about the potential for tipping the bodies blood environment to acidic, with this product.

What is your take on this?

Thanks,

RT

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've only read up to page 4, so sorry if what i'm about to say has been addressed.
I'm very interested in this recipe, but to my knowledge about liposomes, this is not it. Liposomes are so small that they transport through the epidermis and mucosal layers. They are used in many high end skin serums and creams, also and more importantly for certain life saving drugs. I can't think of the name, but that heart medicine that people wear around their neck on a chain in case of an emergency, it has liposomes, hence the fast delivery and action.

The definition of liposome is: a microscopic spherical particle formed by a lipid bilayer enclosing an aqueous compartment.

I can say that the manufactured version of this vitamin c, which I wont name the company, works tremendously, I've had wonderful results with it. That's why this thread interests me. The product is not cheap and I'd love to be able to make my own. But I don't believe what is being made by this recipe is a liposome. Perhaps it may be giving some coating to the ascorbic acid, making it easier on ones gi tract, but there is no way it is turning the vitamin c crystals into microscopic size. Liposome technology is more than coating one element with a fat, to be a liposome it must be small enough to bypass digestion.

I am not knocking the recipe,I hope to hear back rave reviews. I just want people to realize that the word liposome is something else. I doubt the results of this recipe will be even half as effective as the manufactured ”liposomal” vitamin c, but even if it gives better results than your standard everyday vitamin c supplement I would be happy, as I take regular vitamin c some days, as I can't afford to use the real McCoy liposomal VitC all the time.

Miss Sile

edit on 6/1/2012 by Miss Sile because: typo

edit on 6/1/2012 by Miss Sile because: another typo

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Miss Sile

But I don't believe what is being made by this recipe is a liposome. Perhaps it may be giving some coating the the ascorbic acid, making it easier on ones gi tract, but there is no way it is turning the vitamin c crystals into microscopic size. Liposome technology is more than coating one element with a fat, to be a liposome it must be small enough to bypass digestion.

It is a good point, and I don't know the answer either, but supposedly the ultrasonic bath is breaking it down into smaller particles that are then coated by the lipid layer. I agree with you, it is not sufficient to just dissolve the Vit C in an aqueous solution, but I can't say for sure if the ultrasonic bath for 30 minutes is effective or not.

If the results people are getting are better than with typical supplements, then perhaps the bath works?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Note this food list

The truth about Alkalizing

Foods that have a Moderate to Strong Alkaline-Forming Effect:

Watermelon
Lemons
Cantaloupe
Celery
Limes
Mango
Honeydew
Papaya
Parsley
Seaweed
Sweet,
seedless grapes
Watercress
Asparagus
Kiwi
Pears
Pineapple
Raisins
Vegetable juices
Apples
Apricots
Alfalfa sprouts
Avocados
Bananas
Garlic
Ginger
Peaches
Nectarines
Grapefruit
Oranges
Most herbs
Peas
Lettuce
Broccoli
Cauliflower

In particular note: Lemons, Limes, Pineapple, Nectarines, Grapefruit, Oranges
These are foods that are acidic and natural sources of vitamin C. Just because a food is acidic doesn't mean it will make the body acidic.
edit on 1-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

My vitamin C was completely absorbed into water before I mixed it with the lecithin. The crystals were gone.

Also after running it in the sound cleaner the liquid changed color to a white color like really thin milk. So something happened.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
MegaMind, I would appreciate it if you would keep us up-to-date about this concoction and how you feel while taking it since you're the first one so far that has actually started consuming it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I read the thread and have not seen this mentioned.....anyone on medications needs to check with their pharmacist or research on line to see if vit c affects or slows down the absorbsion rate of their medication....there have been articles about some meds absorbed much slower when people eat grapefruit on a regular basis.

vit c is needed...sailors used to get scurvy when they were at sea for long periods...until drs figured out they were short on vitamin c....then they always turn some kind of citrus with them....thats why they were called limies!

edit on 1-6-2012 by research100 because: add sentence

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

My vitamin C was completely absorbed into water before I mixed it with the lecithin. The crystals were gone.

Also after running it in the sound cleaner the liquid changed color to a white color like really thin milk. So something happened.

The color change could have been due to agitation aerating the mixture. If it stays the milky color, let us know. If the milky color goes away, or if the volume of liquid seems to decrease as the mixture clears, then we'll know it was just aeration.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT
MegaMind, I would appreciate it if you would keep us up-to-date about this concoction and how you feel while taking it since you're the first one so far that has actually started consuming it.

OK since I took it the first time I had lunch. I waited until my food was completely digested and out of the way - 3 hours - and I took another table spoon. 2 oz total for the day. That is probably all I will take for today. I am thinking 2 oz a day for a dosage. I can say with certainty now that I am very awake and energetic. My eyesight is particularly sharp and my mind is very clear. I haven't taken anything else so unless I am feeling a major placebo effect it is actually getting in my body real good. I have been somewhat lethargic feeling for about a week now. This is really nice. I will keep using it and see how things progress.

---->>>Correction 2 tablespoons is 1 oz total NOT 2 oz.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
Just went to the local drugstore (Netherlands)

They only sell Lecithin from Soja (grrrr) He could order Soja free, it would be very expensive.

I've got:

Sojalecithene; granulated 98% with vitamin E

The owner told me this is the purest form, as vitamin E is always in Lecithin. Anyone can confirm that?
Also it is granulated, would that be a problem in the process?

Try purebulk.com, they ship internationally. Dunno about that 'vitamin E always in lecithin' comment, that makes no sense to me. Yes, the lecithin will come in granulated or powder form. The first step of the process is to dissolve that in distilled water, then add the C, then put it through the ultrasound.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by MegaMind

The color change could have been due to agitation aerating the mixture. If it stays the milky color, let us know. If the milky color goes away, or if the volume of liquid seems to decrease as the mixture clears, then we'll know it was just aeration.

No it was definitely not from aerating. In fact the foam - large amounts of it - eventually went away during the sound process. It has been in the fridge now for about 4 hours and it is still the milky white it was when I made it. No change in volume. No tiny bubbles or anything. There was a little bit of foam still on the top in my picture, but even that is gone now.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Megamind..... wow you got this pretty fast!!!!! Sooooo cool. Keep us updated on how you feel from this. I get the awake and alert feel from it as well, like drinking coffee or something, and thats 1 tablespoon twice a day and the effects last all day. I havent been doing exercise or anything for like 2 months from being tired, lazy, and low energy, and now everyday cardio.

I have 3 family members taking the batches i make, which by the way look just like yours, and theyre all reporting HUGE differences. So keep us updated.

By the way i wanted to add, my body is super sensitive to anything i put into it and i never felt anything like this before besides maybe ginseng and coffee mixed. Ive taken 1000mg vit c tablets off and on for the last 12 years and never ever felt as super energized as i o off the liposomal vit c mix. I swear by this stuff

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I wonder if anything could ever repair a ruptured disc in the spine... or at least one that has arthritis... I haven't been the same since it happened, and I can't even walk anymore without pain. It's like I'm 80 years old. So if your vitamin C gives energy, I wouldn't be able to put it to use, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Yeah I have been taking high doses of Vitamin C in pill form - even had diarrhea from it before - but I have never felt like this. Your right it is definitely like having a lot of coffee but without the jitters ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

MegaMind,

Glad to see you doing this....makes me trust any further news about this concoction...

Hope your results stay this positive through the weekend. Let us know any details that you encounter.

Thanks for the update too.

Sirric

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join