It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Where is the proof that this works any better than normal C?

edit on 1-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Several readers (myself included) are going to post our results in this thread. I'm making a batch of it today.
I'm a bit of a skeptic. I've tried 'miracle' supplements before.

A bit off-topic...The one thing that has truly worked for me in a big way is apple cider vinegar. One tablespoon twice a day in 4-5 oz of water. I'm 55, and have had many injuries from working heavy construction, motorcycle accidents and other mishaps, various & sundry.
The acv has all but cured arthritis in my fingers, knees and hips!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

"Proof? We ain't got no proof. We don't need no proof! I don't have to show you any stinkin' proof!"

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

"Proof? We ain't got no proof. We don't need no proof! I don't have to show you any stinkin' proof!"

How about I make some for you. You try it out, and report your results here. Challenge on.

Des

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by spoor

How about I make some for you. You try it out, and report your results here. Challenge on.

Des

I'd love it if you could do that for me!!

My buddy is fighting cancer, and he is getting the Vitamin C IV's sporadically, because no one in our town will do it for him, so he has to travel to get the IV's. If someone would make this for him, and he could take it daily, it would be a HUGE improvement, and we'd be happy to report back here with the results.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I've been following your Friend's story. Sure, I'll do it. I'll be making some late next week, due to my work schedule. It won't be a large amount, but will get him started. We'll u2u addresses ok? You are a good person GRA....

Des

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I'm commenting for future reference.....My husband is a supplement nut! We have an entire drawer full of all sorts of different bottles.

If this works as you suggest, I may be able to reclaim my kitchen drawer.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by dominicus

No you can't OD on vitamin C. Like the poster above me says...you pee it out. I am waiting to hear from someone who has tried this concoction and can confirm what the OP claims. I wonder why you can't just take C crystals and lecithin separately and get the same effect? Maybe it is a similar effect but becomes stretched out over time and perhaps with this method it is shot into the system quickly and so becomes effective right away?

I know lecithin itself is a undervalued protein removed from cereals and sold in vitamin form while synthetic lecithin is replaced for the real. Many people say this synthetic form is inadequate and humans suffer the loss of it in cereals without ever really recognizing it.

YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN OVERDOSE ON VITAMIN C!
Will you die from an overdose of vitamin C? No.

As noted in a previous post, an OD of C will give you diarrhea, which can be dangerous, and even deadly, if left unchecked. Reducing the dosage of vitamin C until the diarrhea stops is the recommended course of action.

Another thing to be aware of is the increased incidence of KIDNEY STONES for people taking high doses of vitamin C for long periods of time. Of course, I am not a medical doctor and my statements do not constitute medical advice.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm shooting this question over to my cousin who is a Microbiologist that works in a lab testing for bacteria in food.
He should be able field this question.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
At the dawn of 20th century, Vitamin C was the first miracle drug. It was discovered that macrophage immune system cells accumulate ascorbic acid to attack and dissolve invading pathogens. If sufficient accumulations exist prior or during an attack, there was no pathogen that could withstand the acid including the most virulent virus or bacteria.

Much later it was also discovered that ascorbic acid is transported to cells via the insulin/glucose transport system. If even moderate amounts of serum glucose were present and occupying the positions of the transport, the vitamins go in the toilet. Our current high sugar diets make most vitamin C useless. That's also why some people report bad results when trying to knock out a viral infection.

Last thing is the transport mechanism is slow but steady. Constant levels of VC are needed not one big dose

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Alright well its 3 hours later and I have assembled my ingredients, bought my cleaner, and have made my mixture.

It took much longer to get the milky white look to it than the 30 min several websites said. I think maybe that's because my lecithin mixture was not mixed (blended) smooth enough. I had some semi solid stuff - the lecithin - accumulate in the bottom. That stuff remained the color of the lecithin and never incorporated into the mixture so I'm guessing not all the lecithin got emulsified or whatever it is doing.

Eventually though I got the milky look ...

It also had that vitamin smell that vitamins have ...

I and my gf took some on a empty stomach about 20 minutes ago.

I thought the taste wasn't bad at all. My gf didn't care for the taste much.

Will report what I experience - if anything ...

Love information like this ... thanks to the OP for bringing it to our attention.

edit:

here is a picture of it ...

I circled in red the lecithin that settled out ...

Oh and btw its been an hour now since we took it and I am feeling pretty good ...

I feel very awake ... hmmmm ... we'll see ...

My gf isn't here at the moment and I haven't told her anything about this stuff yet, except knowing it was vitamin C, but she took it anyway, she is very trusting of me
, And I look forward to hearing from her what she thinks of it ...
edit on 1-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

What was the dosage you drank from the completed concoction?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter

What was the dosage you drank from the completed concoction?

A table spoon ...

I saw here that the dosage was 2 oz twice daily.

2 oz is 4 tablespoons.

I didn't want to over do it because running to the bathroom with diarrhea is no fun.

Taking too much vitamin C can do that - I know from personal experience

So I wanted to ease into it to make sure it was going to do what it was supposed to do ...

I sure hope it can do what everyone says it can do ...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Good afternoon Ats,

I just wanted to post what I bought in preperation of making this Liposomal Vit. C.

UltraSonic Cleaner $6.00
Ebay Listing

Soy Lecithin Granules

Ascorbic Acid Powder

So what do you guys think of this setup? Thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedUScitizen
Good afternoon Ats,

I just wanted to post what I bought in preperation of making this Liposomal Vit. C.

UltraSonic Cleaner $6.00
Ebay Listing

Soy Lecithin Granules

Ascorbic Acid Powder

So what do you guys think of this setup? Thanks

Awesome, hope it works well for ya!

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Pregnant or trying to get pregnant ladies beware. Copious amounts of Vit C can (not always, but has been known to) disrupt the process of pregnancy enough to cause a miscarriage.

I'd love to try making this myself but alas I do not have the funds to purchase one of those cleaning machines...at least not this month or the next. But star & flag for future reference.

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Well obviously.

It boosts the immune system into overdrive. it might get carried away and think the fetus a foreign parasite and attack it. Since a baby has roughly 50/50 mother/father DNA.

Look if your pregnant dont take a normal dose take a half dose or normal Vitamin C.

This is pretty interesting as I have been experimenting with drinking lime juice everyday for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Vitamin C certainly does improve the immune system that is not snake oil. the delivery system is pure genius, I wonder what other beneficial vitamins can be absorbed like this?

I just spent a few days a couple of weeks ago studying about the effects of ascorbic acid on pregnancy otherwise I wouldn't have spoken up in this thread at all. Actually what it does is disrupt the estrogen levels. Not really anything to do with the immune system. In fact a healthy immune system is obviously great for a growing baby. Also important to note that it is the pure ascorbic acid that is the most disruptive as the pills with rosehips or bioflavonoids actually increase the strength of the pregnancy.

The scientists who conducted the research, Samborskaia and Ferdman came to the conclusion that high doses of Ascorbic Acid appeared to increase estrogen levels which contributed to the interruption of an otherwise normal pregnancy. 20 women who approached doctors requesting an abortion participated in the study. Research was conducted by ob/gyn L.I. Ivanyuta. The women ranged from 20 to 40 years of age. The article does not say if a positive pregnancy test was obtained from the participating women. We also don't know how much ascorbic acid the women were given. They did however measure estrogen levels before and after treatment with ascorbic acid, finding that estrogen levels were higher after taking the ascorbic acid. Of the 20 women, 16 began menstrual type bleeding within 1 to 3 days from administration of ascorbic acid.

edit on 1-6-2012 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I Love these group effort projects. I'll be making mine next week, but sure am enjoying reading the results others are getting....can't wait to add mine.

Des

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ok so I have been watching this thread grow and i've been curious to know
Instead of making this recipe my self, can I not just go out and buy it?

For example I have found this website contains the same stuff in the recipe
If not its exactly the same would this be ok to take and would it have the same effect?

Lypo-Spheric

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just ordered my stuff today. My friend with a compromised immune system (Lupus) and myself (just getting older and feeling 'blah' all the time), will be trying this. I got a Sonic cleaning machine from Amazon for a little over $30 with shipping... And found a really cool website for spices while hunting for a place to buy the right kinds of powders.... I would share it, just because they do have the ingredients needed here and good prices on spices! but, I am worried that people will begin saying that I'm trying to 'sell' something that I am affiliated with....
So, maybe I won't : ( It's a real good place anyhow.
But, I think I bought the wrong kind of Lecithin? It just says Lecithin powder.... I need to check again : (

As for those saying that the OP is trying to sell something ... No he is not! It doesn't take a genius to see the difference! He's given us many options and ways to buy wherever and however much we want to buy, IF we want to try something that he has found very beneficial in his life and his family's life! Why can't you just be grateful and try it, or if skeptical, go away. There are plenty of things to read on ATS.

I am grateful and like many others before me, I can't wait to get my items and try this, and I have great hope that it will help my old self
(43 this month!! lol) and ESPECIALLY my dear friend who suffers from so many different things on a daily basis. Thank you SOOO much for sharing this OP

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Iwinder

The guy/gal had a valid question. "is too much vitamin c toxic?"

It's valid because there is such a thing as Hypervitaminosis, or "vitamin overdose". This is mainly applied to fat soluble vitamins. Water soluble vitamins such as Vitamin C might cause a little diarrhea when too much is consumed, but that's about it. It just flushes right on out!

This is a very good point to consider, because this coating process overcomes the "flushing effect" if you know what I mean.

So much more of the vitamin is now bioavailable.

While I am skeptical that too many serious health effects can come from "OD" on vitamin C, this natural barrier to OD is now removed.

One would have to study IV use of vitamin C to get an idea for the risk potential, since IV is also incapable of the "flush" effect.

Urine will still eliminate it regardless.

I also wonder about the Ph of the body when this is consumed, since vitamin C is an acid in some forms, what other things might become necessary additions to a person's nutrition for the body to maintain a normal Ph level.

-rrr

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I buy non-gmo Lecithin from Now products and pure vit c powder. Together they cost like 20 some odd bucks. The lecithin is like a waxy polysaccharide from soy, that has its own benefits. So i put a few tablespoons of the lecithin in boiling water, at the same time in cold distilled water i dissolve a tablespoon of vit c powder. Then the 2 fluids go in a blender for about 5 mins.

After that, the mixture goes into an ultrasonic jewellery cleaner i purchased new for about 25 bucks. The action of the ultrasonic basically allows the lecithin to coat the vit c. I sonically treat it for 30 minutes and end up w about 2 cups worth. I take 1.5 tablespoons 2 times a day so the 2 cups is about 2-3 weeks worth.

Tastes like sour milk, but not as bad. More like lemon juice mixed w cream. I chase w a glass of water

wait wait wait... Is it needed to make this lecithin mixture, or just the vitamin C supplement will do?
edit on 1/6/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join