It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

How did humans survive before this method was developed?

I just find it hard to believe that anyone actually needs that much of a supplement unless they are sick and it is prescribed as the remedy for their ailment.

Why is eating an orange not enough dosage?
I never get sick, if I used myself as a scale I would say an orange a day keeps the doctor away.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I won't be worried about Vitamin C absorption during the apocalypse. I'm only worried about it for now. During the apocalypse, my buddy with the stoved up legs and 60 pills per day, and consistent blood transfusions is a goner anyway. He won't need the extra vitamins.

I already have the blender. I like to make the kids a milk shake, or myself a smoothie every now and then.

The cleaner doubles as a jewelry cleaner, and CD cleaner, so I'll get my money's worth.

I promise not to plug them all in at the same time though. We have cut our electricity use by almost 50% in the past 2 years, and if I can get it down another 10% or so, then I will be switching to total solar and going off grid. Once that happens, the electricity outages during the apocalypse won't effect me. (Don't worry, I know not to turn the lights on at night and advertise my situation. I'll pretend I'm as helpless as everyone else.
)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I just wanted to say I remember that my friend and her husband where doing this or something like this they were very into it.
I not sure, but it had something to do with Vitamin C they both wound up in the hospital a week apart from eachother
with severe kidney stones unsure what they were doing at the time but they both stopped doing it and taking vitamin C altogether.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
A little off-topic, but my buddy's biggest side effect at the moment is blood loss, low blood count, and low platelet count. His bone marrow is damaged so it is hard to regenerate blood, and his bladder is damaged and bleeds a lot, and his platelets are low, so the bleeding doesn't stop like it should.

Any homeopathic remedies for raising platelet count or rejuvenating blood?

Foods to increase platlets

Another source

Red foods are your key. Tomatoes, plums, watermelons, cherries and berries are loaded with vitamins and minerals and have strong anti-oxidant properties which helps to raise platelet count.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You are aware that humans and the great apes need vitamin C but are the only species that can't produce it on their own. Even insects make their own vitamin C. Not only do other animals make it but they make it in huge quantities compared with what we get from our diets.

*shrugs* .... Take it up with the creator ...
edit on 1-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
A little off-topic, but my buddy's biggest side effect at the moment is blood loss, low blood count, and low platelet count. His bone marrow is damaged so it is hard to regenerate blood, and his bladder is damaged and bleeds a lot, and his platelets are low, so the bleeding doesn't stop like it should.

Any homeopathic remedies for raising platelet count or rejuvenating blood?

Pomegranate juice and beets. Though there may be an issue with the pomegranate and internal bleeding. As the juice has a slight anti clotting factor.

Cancer

Because it is high in antioxidants and other nutrients, some people think that drinking pomegranate juice regularly may help prevent cancer. There is no specific evidence of that, however.

In test tubes, pomegranate extracts made from juice, rind, and oil slow down the reproduction of cancer cells and may hasten their death. Some extracts also help reduce blood supply to tumors, starving them and making them smaller. Most studies have focused on breast and prostate cancer cells. In one other study, pomegranate juice extract given to mice slowed down the growth of lung tumors. However, most of these studies have been in test tubes or in animals, not humans.

In one human study, men who had surgery or radiation for prostate cancer lengthened the amount of time it took for their PSA levels to double by drinking 8 oz. of pomegranate juice each day. Men whose PSA levels double in a short period of time are more at risk for death from prostate cancer. Those who drank pomegranate juice increased the time it took for their PSA levels to double from about 15 months to 54 months, a significant increase.

If you are being treated for any cancer, be sure to ask your oncologist before you take pomegranate or any herb or supplement. Some may interact with cancer medications, making the medications less effective.

Read more: www.umm.edu...

Des

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He's completely right though.. it doesn't matter how much of a mineral/vitamin you store in your cells, if it is not being utilized it will be passed from the body. Your body does not say "oh, I have extra Vitamin C now I think I'll start using it for this too...." IF you have a vitamin C deficiency then taking the supplement will have benefits as you'll retain the appropriate amount of VC, but otherwise it will sit in the cells for an extended period of time before being dumped like garbage.

You can usually tell when someone is consuming to much vitamin C .. they turn orange because it's sitting in their cells.. this was actually a huge deal back in the 90's when kids were drinking cartons of Sunny D, the over consumption of VC when the body simply doesn't need the levels that were being consumed turned kids orange for hours at a time. (correction it was Vitamin A in that drink that turns kids orange but Vitamin C creates the same effect.
)

The BEST thing you can do for your body is to consume as large of a variety of fresh fruits/veggies as possible. You'd be far better off throwing oranges, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, spinach, you name it into a blender and drinking that (fluids are absorbed at a much higher rate than solid foods).

I think Lipsomomal Vit C is a placebo and nothing more (in my opinion)

Edit to add: Excessive Vitamin C will also damage your cells, especially elastic cells such as skin because it's an oxidizer.. if you drastically increase VC consumption you'll need higher levels of anti-oxidants such as dark chocolates or red vegetables like tomatoes...
edit on 6/1/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
How long does it last as far as shelf life?

Good question - I don't know ... yet.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Thanks.

He actually does the juicer/blender thing already. It is part of the Budwig Protocol I think.

But, when you only have a 20% chance of survival at best, and your situation was much worse than typical, then you start to look outside the box as far as possible.

He was Stage 4, Group 4, Metastisized Rhabdomyosarcoma at age 26. It is rare in kids and unheard of in adults, and almost untreatable in adults. He has made it 4 years so far, he was given 30 days to live back in November, but he fought back and is in partial remission at the moment.

I'll be honest with everyone, the Chemo is what keeps bringing him back. The tumors grow overnight! They are fast-growing, and aggressive. The problem is your body can only take so much chemo, and he has reached his limit a time or two. The Chemo is a short-term solution in his case, it will stop working soon enough, so he has to find another way............ or die.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Orange skin is probably from beta-carotene or food coloring

Linus Pauling took mega doses of Vit C he didn't turn orange.

Also what amount of Vit C is enough before the rest is "flushed"?

Speaking of skin did you know that Vit C is used to make collagen?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Alright. My gf has returned. I asked her so anything different since taking it?

First thing she said was that her eyesight was sharper. Then she said her mind seemed clearer.

Then I told her I thought it was similar to having lots of coffee without the jitters and she said "exactly!"

So there that is for what its worth. If its the placebo effect then it worked the same on both of us and I still like it none-the-less

BTW regular high doses of Vit C in pill form never did that.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Uhg.. that's horrible brother.. I personally think Chemo is counter productive.. I do not understand the logic of curing the body by bringing your defenses to its knees. I know it's something I personally would never accept as treatment. If he's on chemo I don't think he could find a vitamin or mineral that would be excessive, he might as well take anything and everything he can.

I also think that each body is different and that we all require specifically different foods to better nourish our bodies because we are all different sizes, different builds, different metabolisms etc.. which is why I never believe in "super foods" having the same effect on everyone. Personally I have an extremely high metabolism, so I could consume all the nutrients in the World but if I'm not being active at the time I won't absorb much of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

B-Carotene is naturally yellow and is Vitamin A (as I corrected) it is not a chemical food coloring.

It's what makes a Carrot .... orange.

Collagen is a protein, not a living cell. VC combined with other vitamins protects against free radicals, however excessive Vitamin C oxidizes rapidly and can produce large amounts of free radicals its self. "to much of a good thing" so to speak. Vitamin C is considered an "unstable" vitamin.

I won't even get into the "whole foods vs. supplement" debate..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I would have to agree with you on this.
I have an extremely SLOW metabolism.
I eat once a day, if that.
My friends and family marvel at the fact that I sometimes go days without eating or even feeling the
desire to eat. I work out, am very healthy, Solid muscle, but......I apparently don't need food in order to live!

If you were to force ME to eat 3 squares a day at this point in my life I would be miserable.

So, my point is, getting all of the nutrients I need thru food alone would be very difficult and miserable for me.

I recently got back from a week long conference in which my work paid for three meals a day for all of us.
They had it catered so.. there was ALWAYS food around.

I no sooner got done with breakfast then it was time for lunch.
How in the hell am I supposed to eat an entire meal only four hours after I just ate one???
But hey, when in Rome, right?

Long story short, at the end of the week, I was a bloated miserable mess.
I had never felt so awful.

My wife and kids get pissed at me when we're out at Six Flags or some such because we'll eat breakfast at home at like 10:00am and the kids and wife are bitching about being hungry again by 2:00pm. I always say...'WE JUST ATE, HOW IN THE HELL CAN YOU HONESTLY BE HUNGRY AGAIN"!?!?!?

"Wait till we get home tonight and we'll eat then"

So yeah, I am all for vitamins.
edit on 1-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Man that is rough ... I really hope he can find something to help. Has he heard of the Gerson method/therapy?

gerson therapy

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hey, I wouldn't mind making a batch and shipping it out to your buddy. Or they have commercial brands that he can order and try. He's gotta try this Liposomal C. The New Zealand kid beat leukemia/Pneumonia/Coma/Life support so there has to be something to this

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

An US cleaner is not a wise investment especially considering it requires a source of electricity to operate, and therefore it is useless in the apocalypse.

Better sell your computer then and quit paying that internet bill.. That money could obviously be put toward a much wiser investment..

Or you could think for a second..

MegaMind and dominicus are talking about a dose of 1 tablespoon, twice daily.. That's 1 fluid oz daily..
That's 1 fluid oz of the solution..
the ingredients for the recipe are 1 level tablespoon of vitamin c and 3 level tablespoons of Lecithin added to 16 fluid oz of water..
That's 4 tablespoons(or 2 fluid oz[volume]) of solid ingredients and 16 fluid oz of liquid ingredients, making the total solution made from this recipe 18 fluid oz.
So each daily 1 fluid oz contains 1/18 of a level tablespoon of vitamin c..
According to NOW FOODS their vitamin c powder measures out as 2.25g per 1/2 teaspoon, or 5g per teaspoon, or 20g per tablespoon.
So our 18 oz solution contains 20g of vitamin c.. or 1.1g of vitamin c per oz.
That's the equivalent of 28, 1000mg pills..
Keeping in mind that the absorbtion rate of liposomal c is allegedly around 90% and that for pills is around 6%..
90/6=15
so in order to get the same amount of absorbed vitamin c, you'd have to take 15 oz of pills.. or over 400, 1000mg pills...

OVER 400 PILLS A DAY.

Or you could quit trolling a serious thread..

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thank you OP for posting this. I am going to try it and hopefully I'll feel just as good as you. Although home chemistry tinkering leaves me with some reservations...

Its perfectly safe right? (i'm not worried about blowing up the house, more messing up my body)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by MegaMind

B-Carotene is naturally yellow and is Vitamin A (as I corrected) it is not a chemical food coloring.

It's what makes a Carrot .... orange.

Collagen is a protein, not a living cell. VC combined with other vitamins protects against free radicals, however excessive Vitamin C oxidizes rapidly and can produce large amounts of free radicals its self. "to much of a good thing" so to speak. Vitamin C is considered an "unstable" vitamin.

I won't even get into the "whole foods vs. supplement" debate..

the food coloring comment was a joke.

I used to know a kid that would only eat carrots. Raw carrots nothing else. His skin definitely turned orange.

Vitamin C is used in the production of collagen which is found throughout the body's tissues. It what gives skin its youthful appearance and when it breaks down and diminishes gives us wrinkles and aging skin.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

You are aware that humans and the great apes need vitamin C but are the only species that can't produce it on their own. Even insects make their own vitamin C. Not only do other animals make it but they make it in huge quantities compared with what we get from our diets.

*shrugs* .... Take it up with the creator ...

So apes go to the store, and buy supplements?

Or do they just eat good foods as a solution?

Why do humans "NEED" these supplements? They don't, unless they have an ailment that needs to be resolved.
The only reason they are on the market today in our society is because half our food is complete garbage and doesn't have the necessary amount found normally in nature.

How the hell did caveman do so well fighting mammoths and saber tooth tigers, then running 20miles barefoot in the forest? He didn't have these supplements...

Answer the dang question. Answer it sufficiently and I could change my position, but as of now I am still somewhat on the fence about the need to take anything like this at all.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join