It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PunkNerd5

I go by the Bible and not any church.

I am sure that church does go by the Bible.
That is the major problem.
One line:
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
(Leviticus 18:22 KJV)
Taken literally, this is exactly what this entire thing, this entire issue is all about. "Let" take a book that is 2000 years old and follow the Ancient Laws to the letter in it today!" Yeah, that makes sense. There is a lot of other "laws" in the book of Leviticus too....I'll bet they don't follow all of them to the letter, no Christian does. I'm talking about the commands that ban the eating of shellfish and the wearing of clothing of mixed fibers. The same God who said “love one other” also told us to stone disobedient children to death.

So why pick this one, and try to write it into the Constitution? Why use this one sentence to demonize a people?

Here is a list of laws in the book of Leviticus.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by buster2010

You know what. Karma is a bitch.
I won't be surprised if he turns out to be gay when he's older.

To be honest this is exactly what I was thinking ...

But in the vein of my "Kansas Pastor" post, these people are free to practice freedom of speech as badly as they wish. Having said that I am sure teaching hate to children is a pretty fine line and I wouldn't be surprised if Child Protective Services stepped in on this one ...

Which by the way reminds me of the children taken by CPS, when the story first broke it was because of being taught hate and because of their names, the most up to date article I found of the case sites "domestic abuse" as the cause ... is a fine line regardless.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunkNerd5
reply to post by mainidh

Who here can split an atom, because it doesnt exist.

Doesn't exist? Even my 10 year old knows better than that. One way to split an atom is to strip off most of its electrons, using light pulses, or with charged plates...and then send it to circulate through a curved magnetic field (since the atom has lost some electrons, it is now charged, and charged particles speed up when you put them into a curved magnetic field). When you get the atom going really fast, change the field and let the particle slam into a target. The atom will smash open and we will see its "insides" come screaming out (using special detection equipment).

The device is called a "particle accelerator," by the way.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What has been the fruits of Christianity? ...Superstition, Bigotry and Persecution.

2nd

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Danbones

I love it when that comes up. Many homophobic bible thumpers just luv to push that King James bible but they have no idea that King James was a flaming homosexual. I admit I kinda giggle inside when I get to tell them that.

"his sexuality has long been a matter of debate. He clearly preferred the company of handsome young men. The evidence of his correspondence and contemporary accounts have led some historians to conclude that the king was homosexual or bisexual. In fact, the issue is murky"

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by grey580

If that little girl makes it to Heaven...she and many others are going to have a rude awakening....because (many people who were gay on earth) and then died... do go to Heaven.

edit on 31-5-2012 by caladonea because: correction

Provide evidence please

Actually if he were a roman catholic and he repented he could enter heaven.
Last confession and all that jazz.
So absolutely can a gay man go to heaven.

and I'm reminded of this joke.

One day a man dies, who was a devout Christian. Saint Peter meets him at the Pearly Gates and begins to give him a tour of Heaven. As the tour goes on, Saint Paul points out all the different Christians. "There's the Catholics, there's the Lutherans, the Methodists, the Presbyterians", and so forth. As they come to this one group way off to themselves, Saint Paul motions for the man to come closer and whispers. "Now, for this next group, we need to be really quiet. They are the Baptists and they think they're the only ones in Heaven."

edit on 31-5-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by buster2010
You know the old saying. You need a license to drive a car but any idiot can have a kid.

So will his so called parents be there with him all the time? Because sooner or later this little gay basher will meet up with the wrong homosexual and get his teeth knocked down his throat.

Teaching hate and intolerance to a child that age is sick.

Sickening indeed. Although, I'm not as interested to see if his parents will be there to protect him from getting his teeth bashed in by "the wrong homosexual," because of the fact that homosexuals assaulting straights is quite rare indeed, if not completely non-existant.

It's usually the other way around and based on this video, I feel confident that this child's parents have guided him right down the path to becoming one of those gay bashers who may actually assault homosexuals at some point in the future.

My question is; Will his parents and/or his religious congregation, accept any of the blame or guilt when this child is incarcerated for committing the hate crimes in support of these values instilled upon him during his childhood? I think not!

Furthermore, to think that any organization would receive a tax-exempt status for promoting such hatred is equally as sickening. Many religious organizations like this one are preaching a type of blind faith that actually promotes ignorance and hatred and IMO, they should not be rewarded for doing so. If anything, they should be penalized.

That's where it gets interesting. The tides are turning. As society moves forward, more and more people are accepting of other people's sexuality and the bullying that's been going on for years is now in the forefront. A decade ago, the bullies would hunt down the gay kids and beat them up, but today, that is changing. The gay kids aren't as fearful now because they have support, for the first time in centuries. Now, they are getting bolder and, as with any human at any time, they get angry.
Now, instead of running in fear for their very lives, they are able to stand up for themselves and as time continues to pass, there will be a time when that gay kid is brave enough and feels secure enough that he will stand up and he will return punch for punch, then you'll hear a horrible outcry from the homophobic. They'll scream and shout and want blood from that one gay kid that didn't take his beating like they thought he deserved. They'll want him to be "hanged in the public square" for standing up to the bully and fighting back. But it won't happen and the homophobic will see that. They'll learn quickly that the beatings and threats won't work any more and the gay kids won't run and hide and won't roll over and take it. Then, and only then, will the beatings stop.
They think it's fine as long as it's the gay kid getting beaten up, but when the bully gets his just reward, they will change their approach. I don't know what they'll change it to, whether it will be a higher form of violence or more hate speech in anonymity (probably the case), but they'll change quickly when it's THEIR butt on the line likely to be "beaten down" and personally, I look forward to watching them tremble in fear and run to hide. It's been a long time coming and they deserve to get a little bit of what they have dished out.
It's not just the gays that are standing up to you anymore, it's all of us, all sexualities, all genders, all races, people from every walk of life, people from every spiritual belief, people from every religion, people from every denomination.
To the homophobes, guess what... WE ARE THE 99% (...well at least 75%
)now! Just as the 99% ers are stepping up in government, those of us who aren't homophobic bullying cowards are stepping up in social issues and your kind is being overshadowed. The movement is growing, we are saying NO more! Why are we doing this? Very simple...

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

We aren't going to not speak out, we aren't going to allow history to repeat itself, we are not going to be victim yet to come. We will stop it now, in the beginning, before they take it level after level until they get to us. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, we've learned and we won't have a repeat.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Danbones

I love it when that comes up. Many homophobic bible thumpers just luv to push that King James bible but they have no idea that King James was a flaming homosexual. I admit I kinda giggle inside when I get to tell them that.

It's fun to watch their face turn red as their anger builds then hear them blather in unintelligible jibberish because they just can't find the words, then storm off in a huff

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by buster2010
You know the old saying. You need a license to drive a car but any idiot can have a kid.

So will his so called parents be there with him all the time? Because sooner or later this little gay basher will meet up with the wrong homosexual and get his teeth knocked down his throat.

Teaching hate and intolerance to a child that age is sick.

Sickening indeed. Although, I'm not as interested to see if his parents will be there to protect him from getting his teeth bashed in by "the wrong homosexual," because of the fact that homosexuals assaulting straights is quite rare indeed, if not completely non-existant.

It's usually the other way around and based on this video, I feel confident that this child's parents have guided him right down the path to becoming one of those gay bashers who may actually assault homosexuals at some point in the future.

My question is; Will his parents and/or his religious congregation, accept any of the blame or guilt when this child is incarcerated for committing the hate crimes in support of these values instilled upon him during his childhood? I think not!

Furthermore, to think that any organization would receive a tax-exempt status for promoting such hatred is equally as sickening. Many religious organizations like this one are preaching a type of blind faith that actually promotes ignorance and hatred and IMO, they should not be rewarded for doing so. If anything, they should be penalized.

That's where it gets interesting. The tides are turning. As society moves forward, more and more people are accepting of other people's sexuality and the bullying that's been going on for years is now in the forefront. A decade ago, the bullies would hunt down the gay kids and beat them up, but today, that is changing. The gay kids aren't as fearful now because they have support, for the first time in centuries. Now, they are getting bolder and, as with any human at any time, they get angry.
Now, instead of running in fear for their very lives, they are able to stand up for themselves and as time continues to pass, there will be a time when that gay kid is brave enough and feels secure enough that he will stand up and he will return punch for punch, then you'll hear a horrible outcry from the homophobic. They'll scream and shout and want blood from that one gay kid that didn't take his beating like they thought he deserved. They'll want him to be "hanged in the public square" for standing up to the bully and fighting back. But it won't happen and the homophobic will see that. They'll learn quickly that the beatings and threats won't work any more and the gay kids won't run and hide and won't roll over and take it. Then, and only then, will the beatings stop.
They think it's fine as long as it's the gay kid getting beaten up, but when the bully gets his just reward, they will change their approach. I don't know what they'll change it to, whether it will be a higher form of violence or more hate speech in anonymity (probably the case), but they'll change quickly when it's THEIR butt on the line likely to be "beaten down" and personally, I look forward to watching them tremble in fear and run to hide. It's been a long time coming and they deserve to get a little bit of what they have dished out.
It's not just the gays that are standing up to you anymore, it's all of us, all sexualities, all genders, all races, people from every walk of life, people from every spiritual belief, people from every religion, people from every denomination.
To the homophobes, guess what... WE ARE THE 99% (...well at least 75%
)now! Just as the 99% ers are stepping up in government, those of us who aren't homophobic bullying cowards are stepping up in social issues and your kind is being overshadowed. The movement is growing, we are saying NO more! Why are we doing this? Very simple...

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

We aren't going to not speak out, we aren't going to allow history to repeat itself, we are not going to be victim yet to come. We will stop it now, in the beginning, before they take it level after level until they get to us. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, we've learned and we won't have a repeat.

Indeed remember who came for them, the Nazi's backed by American Zionists and member of the Catholic church.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

perhaps if one reads his letters and quotes and the quotes of his descriptors the issue is NOT so murky

for

"Jesus had his John, I have my george" King Charlie

King James (VI of Scotland, I of England) (1566–1625) was introduced to twenty-one-year-old George Villiers, son of an untitled and impoverished squire, in the summer of 1614. "Steenie", James's nickname for Villiers, is apparently derived from the biblical description of St Stephen having "the face of an angel," for Villiers according to all contemporary accounts (and surviving paintings) was "the handsomest-bodied man in England." In November that year he was appointed the royal cupbearer, in April the following year he was knighted and by August 1615 he was James's bedpartner;
"Your most humble slave and servant and doge [dog] Steenie." The two men were notorious for their kissing and carressing of one another in public, and their heedless contempt for public opinion contributed to the civil crisis enveloping the nation.

rictornorton.co.uk...

against

"James was fond of leaning all over his beautiful young favorites" giving the reader the impression King James VI & I did so not because of a physical handicap but because of sexual attraction to same. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Further, it is also freely alleged that King James VI & I "passionately kissed" his "favorites" in public.

Critics of King James VI & I are fond of inferring from the above that King James VI & I engaged in the "French kissing" of his "favorites." They then use this assumption as yet another "proof" to support their contention that King James VI & I was indeed truly a "homosexual."

What the detractors of King James VI & I utterly fail to realize; however, (to their detriment) is the fact that the accounts responsible for popularizing this characterization were penned by individuals who hated not only King James VI & I as a Scot, but the whole country of Scotland as well.

www.jesus-is-savior.com...
WOW! just like OBAMA! THE RACE CARD!

edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

perhaps if one reads his letters and quotes and the quotes of his descriptors the issue is NOT so murky

for

"Jesus had his John, I have my george" King Charlie

King James (VI of Scotland, I of England) (1566–1625) was introduced to twenty-one-year-old George Villiers, son of an untitled and impoverished squire, in the summer of 1614. "Steenie", James's nickname for Villiers, is apparently derived from the biblical description of St Stephen having "the face of an angel," for Villiers according to all contemporary accounts (and surviving paintings) was "the handsomest-bodied man in England." In November that year he was appointed the royal cupbearer, in April the following year he was knighted and by August 1615 he was James's bedpartner;
"Your most humble slave and servant and doge [dog] Steenie." The two men were notorious for their kissing and carressing of one another in public, and their heedless contempt for public opinion contributed to the civil crisis enveloping the nation.

rictornorton.co.uk...

against

"James was fond of leaning all over his beautiful young favorites" giving the reader the impression King James VI & I did so not because of a physical handicap but because of sexual attraction to same. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Further, it is also freely alleged that King James VI & I "passionately kissed" his "favorites" in public.

Critics of King James VI & I are fond of inferring from the above that King James VI & I engaged in the "French kissing" of his "favorites." They then use this assumption as yet another "proof" to support their contention that King James VI & I was indeed truly a "homosexual."

What the detractors of King James VI & I utterly fail to realize; however, (to their detriment) is the fact that the accounts responsible for popularizing this characterization were penned by individuals who hated not only King James VI & I as a Scot, but the whole country of Scotland as well.

www.jesus-is-savior.com...
WOW! just like OBAMA! THE RACE CARD!

Yes your second quote, remember the British Royals resisted the Roman Catholic church and thereby the Holy Roman Empire, history is written by the winners, the Romans are winning.

Also I presume you first quote means Jesus was gay? I dont care either way just asking
edit on 31-5-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

One line:
Taken literally, this is exactly what this entire thing, this entire issue is all about. "Let" take a book that is 2000 years old and follow the Ancient Laws to the letter in it today!" Yeah, that makes sense. There is a lot of other "laws" in the book of Leviticus too....I'll bet they don't follow all of them to the letter, no Christian does. I'm talking about the commands that ban the eating of shellfish and the wearing of clothing of mixed fibers. The same God who said “love one other” also told us to stone disobedient children to death.

So why pick this one, and try to write it into the Constitution? Why use this one sentence to demonize a people?

Additionally, there are more than one interpretations of this. The thumpers (shortened term for fundamentalist evangelican cultist that only claims to be christian but isn't) like to say it's about gay sex and that makes it the worst sin in the world, but of course THEIR preachers are barely able to read and haven't had any training at all, haven't looked at ancient texts, haven't looked at translations, they just know they hate it.
Actual Bible scholars have researched it, researched the culture, researched the original language, researched the history...you know, did that "smart stuff" that the thumpers don't have a clue about because they're idiots...There are several theories about the actual meaning of the verse

One of the most predominant is that it condemns gay ritual sex in a Pagan temple and/or males having sex in a woman's bed.

Others say it refers to males raping other men. In fact, it condemns all non-consensual sex

Others say it's persons with a heterosexual orientation having sex with a member of the same sex

Not only is the thumper version not the only version, it isn't even the most prominent. The only place you hear it is from the thumpers who, quite frankly, are stupid and don't know any better. Their own preachers haven't researched anything, haven't had any religious training, are barely able to even read. Even the apostles had to be taught, they were taught by Christ himself and every new "apostle" (term used loosely to denote those who would lead the "church") that came after them first had to learn from someone who was already an apostle. As it grew, we ended up with seminaries that trained preists, that taught them the meaning of things, that had the research and look at the original text that made them THINK and have some degree of intelligence.
ANY preacher that has not gone to seminary and has not gone through extensive study of the bible and the original langauge and looked at all the interpretations they could find (this means actual "school", not searching the internet), if they have not been trained, they are false teachers, they are undermining what Christ set forth, they are in league with the anti-christ himself. They are liars, charlatans and hypocrits and lead people away from Christ not to him, they lead the people instead into the arms of satan himself and make them think they are following Christ when they are actually opposing him.
Yeah, I feel pretty darn strongly about it and it sickens me. Yeah, I HATE them, and it is a perfect hatred.
Psalm 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred; I count them mine enemies.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

This does not reflect the teachings of Jesus.

It is not Christian.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

One line:

Additionally, there are more than one interpretations of this. The thumpers (shortened term for fundamentalist evangelican cultist that only claims to be christian but isn't) like to say it's about gay sex and that makes it the worst sin in the world, but of course THEIR preachers are barely able to read and haven't had any training at all, haven't looked at ancient texts, haven't looked at translations, they just know they hate it.
Actual Bible scholars have researched it, researched the culture, researched the original language, researched the history...you know, did that "smart stuff" that the thumpers don't have a clue about because they're idiots...There are several theories about the actual meaning of the verse

One of the most predominant is that it condemns gay ritual sex in a Pagan temple and/or males having sex in a woman's bed.

Others say it refers to males raping other men. In fact, it condemns all non-consensual sex

Others say it's persons with a heterosexual orientation having sex with a member of the same sex

Not only is the thumper version not the only version, it isn't even the most prominent. The only place you hear it is from the thumpers who, quite frankly, are stupid and don't know any better. Their own preachers haven't researched anything, haven't had any religious training, are barely able to even read. Even the apostles had to be taught, they were taught by Christ himself and every new "apostle" (term used loosely to denote those who would lead the "church") that came after them first had to learn from someone who was already an apostle. As it grew, we ended up with seminaries that trained preists, that taught them the meaning of things, that had the research and look at the original text that made them THINK and have some degree of intelligence.
ANY preacher that has not gone to seminary and has not gone through extensive study of the bible and the original langauge and looked at all the interpretations they could find (this means actual "school", not searching the internet), if they have not been trained, they are false teachers, they are undermining what Christ set forth, they are in league with the anti-christ himself. They are liars, charlatans and hypocrits and lead people away from Christ not to him, they lead the people instead into the arms of satan himself and make them think they are following Christ when they are actually opposing him.
Yeah, I feel pretty darn strongly about it and it sickens me. Yeah, I HATE them, and it is a perfect hatred.

LOL it also represents a very main stream line in Christianity, ie those in the Catholic church who were opposed to Vatican 2,not just thumpers and evangelists

Please add Orthodox Christians, ALL denominations they also condemn homosexuals

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunkNerd5
reply to post by mainidh

Who here can split an atom, because it doesnt exist.

Doesn't exist? Even my 10 year old knows better than that. One way to split an atom is to strip off most of its electrons, using light pulses, or with charged plates...and then send it to circulate through a curved magnetic field (since the atom has lost some electrons, it is now charged, and charged particles speed up when you put them into a curved magnetic field). When you get the atom going really fast, change the field and let the particle slam into a target. The atom will smash open and we will see its "insides" come screaming out (using special detection equipment).

The device is called a "particle accelerator," by the way.

That "evil science" it out to get him!! They've been splitting atoms since 1932.....those evil bastards!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I read King James's letters
I think they are quite clear

here is how it goes with christian gays

The assertions received widespread news coverage and sparked charges of hypocrisy, particularly because Haggard had condemned homosexual sex.

Haggard is the former president of the National Association of Evangelicals, which claims to represent millions of people in 45,000 congregations nationwide. He was also the head pastor at New Life Church.

In a settlement with New Life, the church and Haggard agreed that he would retain his six-figure salary for a year, leave the Colorado Springs area, receive counseling and not speak publicly about what had happened for one year, according to a church staff member with knowledge of the settlement

articles.cnn.com...:US
WARNING GRAPHIC CONFESSION!!!!!!! at link
don't read if under the age of consent

45,000 congregations!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Tell it to those guys.
Doesn't seem very christian to me either.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Indeed remember who came for them, the Nazi's backed by American Zionists and member of the Catholic church.

Hitler was the equivalent of the fundamentalist evangelical cults of today (the thumpers)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

One line:

LOL it also represents a very main stream line in Christianity, ie those in the Catholic church who were opposed to Vatican 2,not just thumpers and evangelists

Please add Orthodox Christians, ALL denominations they also condemn homosexuals

Unitarians, Metropolitan Community Church, Methodists.... nope, you're wrong.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

This article gives an overview about religion in Nazi Germany and the Nazis' complex and shifting policy towards religion. The German census of May 1939 indicates that 54 percent of Germans considered themselves Protestant and 40 percent considered themselves Catholic, with only 3.5 percent claiming to be neo-pagan "believers in God," and 1.5 percent unbelievers. This census came more than six years into the Hitler era.

en.wikipedia.org...
the nazi motief is one of the most popular in gay sadomachistic role playing

wonder why

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join