It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church goers cheer 4 year old singing ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Somehow you just reminded me of this

smoke comin out of his nose....fire in his eyes....The Black Stallion Bucephelus

But I'm purple and a chiten, not a black horse

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OK, I've always referred to myself as a Christian. Afterall, I believe in God and believe that Christ came to our world, died, was ressurected...I believe the apostle's creed...
I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord: who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

I do not, in any way, shape or form renounce Christ, my beliefs, any of that, BUT

I hereby RENOUNCE the title of "Christian". I do not wish to be referred to as "christian" or have anything to do with the people who claim to be christian because they are far from it. This site has done this to me. Seeing how the people on here act on a daily basis, the ignorance displayed, the "UNChristian" behavior displayed by them, I do not want to be associated with them in any way. The behaviors and comments utterly disgust me.

So, if you believe that your calling as a Christian is to "bring others into Christianity", guess what, you've just done the opposite. I don't want anything to do with that brand of christianity that YOU display because it disgusts me.

I still believe in God and give glory to him, I still have the same beliefs I've always had and I still follow Christ, but I am not and will not be what is considered a Christian by those here who proclaim themselves to be.

Henceforth, I will refer to myself as a follower of Christ, not as a Christian because I don't want to be labeled with that nasty, hatefilled, bigoted, racist, mysogonistic group of people that are on display here on this forum.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
While people are entitled to their own opinions and can really be as close minded as they want when it comes to anything I still personally believe that teaching your child to hate a specific type of people (Gays for this example) will either cause that child to grow up with so much hate for Homosexuals that they could probably kill them without the slightest bit of regret or they themselves will become Homosexual later in their lives.

I don't believe Homosexuality is something inherited at birth. I myself am what some like to call Pansexual (Read below for a short paragraph from Wikipedia on Pansexuality and a link to source)

Pansexuality, also referred to as omnisexuality,[1] is sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward persons of all gender identities and biological sexes.[2][3] Self-identified pansexuals may refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.

Wikipedia.com: Pansexuality

I wasn't always Pansexual. Up until about the age of 12 is when I came to terms that I was attracted to both males and females as well as other genders such as Transexuals or Hermaphrodites. At the time I don't think the term 'Pansexual' existed so I referred to myself as Bisexual but didn't come out to anyone until the age of 19. I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness and was a JW for 17 years of my life (birth to 17). My parents, although they don't like the idea of Homosexuality, didn't indoctrinate me to hate Homosexuals but to treat them as regular everyday people, like I would treat my Brother or Sister.

I feel that religious parents shouldn't raise their children in their religion or force them to go to Church (or as JW's called Church, Kingdom Hall). I can understand them taking them to Church with them while they are infants and toddlers but when they are old enough to be coherent and understand things like God and beliefs that they should be allowed to choose what they believe. I in no way have resentment towards my parents for raising me as a Jehovah's Witness and in fact I think it bettered me in life to be more respectful towards others due to their teachings. My point is.. Don't force your child to hate specific groups of people. We are all equal in this World and we should treat others how we want to be treated. Sure, have your own opinion but don't force that opinion on your children. I for one will never teach my child (don't plan on having any but you never know) to hate anyone and that they should always treat everyone with the upmost respect even when they aren't given respect.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fopicon
While people are entitled to their own opinions and can really be as close minded as they want when it comes to anything I still personally believe that teaching your child to hate a specific type of people (Gays for this example) will either cause that child to grow up with so much hate for Homosexuals that they could probably kill them without the slightest bit of regret or they themselves will become Homosexual later in their lives.

I don't believe Homosexuality is something inherited at birth. I myself am what some like to call Pansexual (Read below for a short paragraph from Wikipedia on Pansexuality and a link to source)

Pansexuality, also referred to as omnisexuality,[1] is sexual attraction, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward persons of all gender identities and biological sexes.[2][3] Self-identified pansexuals may refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.

Wikipedia.com: Pansexuality

I wasn't always Pansexual. Up until about the age of 12 is when I came to terms that I was attracted to both males and females as well as other genders such as Transexuals or Hermaphrodites. At the time I don't think the term 'Pansexual' existed so I referred to myself as Bisexual but didn't come out to anyone until the age of 19. I grew up as a Jehovah's Witness and was a JW for 17 years of my life (birth to 17). My parents, although they don't like the idea of Homosexuality, didn't indoctrinate me to hate Homosexuals but to treat them as regular everyday people, like I would treat my Brother or Sister.

I feel that religious parents shouldn't raise their children in their religion or force them to go to Church (or as JW's called Church, Kingdom Hall). I can understand them taking them to Church with them while they are infants and toddlers but when they are old enough to be coherent and understand things like God and beliefs that they should be allowed to choose what they believe. I in no way have resentment towards my parents for raising me as a Jehovah's Witness and in fact I think it bettered me in life to be more respectful towards others due to their teachings. My point is.. Don't force your child to hate specific groups of people. We are all equal in this World and we should treat others how we want to be treated. Sure, have your own opinion but don't force that opinion on your children. I for one will never teach my child (don't plan on having any but you never know) to hate anyone and that they should always treat everyone with the upmost respect even when they aren't given respect.

I won't say that I can even begin to fully understand pansexuality. I understand heteroseuxality and homosexuality just fine, I'm a little iffy on the bisexuality thing, but, to each his own. If that's how you see yourself, that's how you must be. Each of us, individually, are the only people who can comprehend the feelings we have. I suppose on the Kinsey scale, you'd be right in the middle?
What kind of discrimination have you faced due to this? Although I try very hard to accept others, I do admit that the first thing that came to mind was "opportunistic". I'm not accusing you of being opportunistic at all, but due to whatever has been "indoctrinated" into me, that's what went through my mind.
I fully accept you and your sexuality, but I do admit I know very little about it and cannot relate to it personally. Yet, relating to something isn't neccessary for acceting and understanding it.
I do hope that none of this came as negative or judgemental in any way, just trying to describe my thought processes.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

No stars for you
Please go to the store and pick yourself up a carton of compassion, you appear to be low on that.
edit on 31-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
All the self appointed saints at the ATS, i will give you some facts-
1- there is no one in this world who doesn't has 'hate' in his/her heart.
2- Love can't exist without hate.
If heaven is a fairytale thing, then you shouldn't be bothered about who will be allowed to go there.
The comments made by you depict the hate in your hearts whether for a good cause or not.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So will his so called parents be there with him all the time? Because sooner or later this little gay basher will meet up with the wrong homosexual and get his teeth knocked down his throat.

Unfortunately, it appears that is the destiny his parents have created for him.

And they will wonder why Jesus didn't "save him"...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
OK, I've always referred to myself as a Christian. Afterall, I believe in God and believe that Christ came to our world, died, was ressurected...I believe the apostle's creed...
I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth; And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord: who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; the third day he rose from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

I do not, in any way, shape or form renounce Christ, my beliefs, any of that, BUT

I hereby RENOUNCE the title of "Christian". I do not wish to be referred to as "christian" or have anything to do with the people who claim to be christian because they are far from it. This site has done this to me. Seeing how the people on here act on a daily basis, the ignorance displayed, the "UNChristian" behavior displayed by them, I do not want to be associated with them in any way. The behaviors and comments utterly disgust me.

So, if you believe that your calling as a Christian is to "bring others into Christianity", guess what, you've just done the opposite. I don't want anything to do with that brand of christianity that YOU display because it disgusts me.

I still believe in God and give glory to him, I still have the same beliefs I've always had and I still follow Christ, but I am not and will not be what is considered a Christian by those here who proclaim themselves to be.

Henceforth, I will refer to myself as a follower of Christ, not as a Christian because I don't want to be labeled with that nasty, hatefilled, bigoted, racist, mysogonistic group of people that are on display here on this forum.
I always look forward to your 'christian' nonsense.
Jesus told not to judge and the name calling you always rely upon proves that you are a CINO i.e. christian in name only.
Read your post and if you can't see your hypocrisy, then you need to read about teachings of Jesus.
Miss, your heart is filled with the same thing you are seeing in others.....

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
So will his so called parents be there with him all the time? Because sooner or later this little gay basher will meet up with the wrong homosexual and get his teeth knocked down his throat.

Yep. For a heterosexual to bash a homosexual person, it's a "hate crime."
For a homosexual to bash a heterosexual, it's considered justice.

This is a very clear example of why the concept of the hate crime is wrong. We end up creating a scenario where violence is or is not a crime, based on the identity of the target.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

DENY IGNORANCE!

Go somewhere else and peddle your crap!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I dont agree with this type of garbage, i mean who the hell trys to brainwash a 4 year old! Then again apparently just 1 homosexual complained about the word father in the Scottish Pregnancy Handbook offending same sex couples and thats it removed for good. No more daddys in Scotland eh? There you go, political correctness and hetrophobia going hand in hand. At least its only one dude trying to brainwash his own kid rather than a complete goverment(SNP) trying to brainwash an entire nation(Scotland)! This world has gone to the dogs im afraid!
edit on 31-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fopicon

I agree that teaching a child hate is not a good thing.

I guess the difference between myself and a lot of people is, if an act of violence doesn't occur, I don't want to get the law involved. So I can say that it's bad to teach a child hate, but that doesn't mean that I condone making laws against it.

I don't consider love and sexuality to be indivisible, personally. It's entirely possible to love someone of your own gender in platonic terms, without necessarily wanting to have sex with them.

I will also admit, as far as unorthodox sexuality is concerned, that there has been some hetero (as in, male with female, or female exclusively) material produced by the furry fandom that I've seen, which I have considered attractive or arousing, but that that bothers me to a degree, because I'm still inclined to view it as a form of deviancy, even if I'm attracted to it. The other issue, of course, is the simple fact that anthropomorphic animals do not actually exist.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This is sick and the parents should be ashamed.

Hate speech laws are even more stupid, tough.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PunkNerd5

" You cannot get a picture of an atom"

Think you may want to look at the invention of the electron microscope mate. Cant get a pic of an atom eh? Haven't you heard of nanotechnology?

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Seriously what are you talking about, this is Christianity, true Christianity. Jews are not going to heaven nor gays not anyone else, read the bible. The reforms which have diluted the true bible are no longer the "word of god"

On the other hand I agree its wrong, Religion that is.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
This was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.....

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

They are doing it their own CHURCH not on the street.

Gays should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!! All we hear is gay rights this, gives us new laws etc.....

10 stars for this vid!!
edit on 30-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

No, it's ridiculous and hypocritical.

Some would say that what these people are doing is a worse "sin" than the one they're making fun of.

These people say they believe in a loving god, and that they are good Christians or Catholics, but aren't they also suppose to believe that only god decides who goes where?

They're morons that are so scared to find their own meaning in life that they band together and spew their garbage and hate onto people they disagree with. Just to make themselves feel like they're living the correct and "pure" way.

It's ok though, their time will come and they will have to deal with all the pain and suffering they have caused others.

i mean really, let's all teach our children to hate. They'll for sure grow up and be great godly people.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Those who complain, tough, its their right and freedom of religion to believe what they want to!!!

Gays should be used to people shoving their views down peoples throats!! All we hear is gay rights this, gives us new laws etc.....

10 stars for this vid!!

Well done for showing your true colours in such devastating fashion!

I bet your Mother is really proud of you.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
reply to post by grey580

Seriously what are you talking about, this is Christianity, true Christianity. Jews are not going to heaven nor gays not anyone else, read the bible. The reforms which have diluted the true bible are no longer the "word of god"

On the other hand I agree its wrong, Religion that is.

Then am I not understanding this right?

JOHN 15:9-12 (RSV)

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you; abide in
my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love,
just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in
his love.
These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in
you, and that your joy may be full.
This is my commandment, that you love one another as I
have loved you.

Shouldn't true Christians love everyone as Jesus loved us?
Or does that not apply to homosexuals?
Or are true Christians ignoring that.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

10 stars for this vid!!

None of those people in that church should be able to care for children, they should all be under investigation for child abuse. Indoctrination into a cult, preaching hatred and intolerance to underage - that is sick and twisted, and it shows exactly why all organized religion should be wiped from the face of this Earth.

I don't care whether you're Christian, Muslim, Hindu or whatever, the moment you start preaching hatred, "training" innocent children to be mentally ill too, then you need to be shut down and prevented from doing harm to others.

And, notice the complete ignorance in the quoted post above, stating that it is their right to do this in their own church, that they have the right to brainwash children into hating others, then stating that Gay people don't deserve equal rights.

That says it all - like most other religious crazies you don't even see your own hypocrisy.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
using freedom of religion to justify garbage behavior like this is a view to the main reason religions that preach should be abolished
I'm not worried aboutwho will abolish them
it will happen as reality sets in

hey remember ted haggard the head of the largest evangelical church organization in the US
defrocked for beng GAY

men in frocks
edit on 31-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join