join

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by cartoonhotdog

What the adults are doing to the child is tantamount to child abuse and neglect. He should be removed from his parents or legal guardians who should then be arrested and charged by the state

No, it is nothing like child abuse or neglect at all. There is no crime commited and you may not like it, but it is the right of the parents, and not just parents but everyone to speak as they did and teach it to their children. As for removing him from his family just for this song, you must be joking..

So you feel that the Muslim extremists who teach their children to hate America and train them to commit terroristic actions against them have that right to do so and it's just fine and dandy? Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Hey, free society - isn't it a bitch.

Things you have to put up with, unless you want big brother dictating everything.

As long as I'm the big brother, I'm fine with it

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That kid learned a lesson that day. How to hate. How to encourage other kids to beat the # out of kids they could label as Gay. And the people in that church demonstrated their allegiance is toward accusation, satanic hate rather than love in Jesus pored out for the gentiles. Want to hate on Gays likee that ? Then I for one want you in hell. Kids like that ganged up on me when I was 5. I almost got killed and had to decide whether to kill Tommy or risk my own life. I risked my life and escaped the pile of Mario, James, Tommy, Eric, and PJ.

Hate like that? Go to hell!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Those who are still supportive of what was done... take a minute, load the video and listen to it. While it's playing, substitute the word "homo" with other words such as.... "divorcee", "mastrebator", "liar", "theif', ...then go on and substitute other words that are in the bible but ignored these days like "shaver" (for shaving the sides of your beard) or "mixer" (for wearing mixed fabrics) or put the N-word in there the way they screamed and hollered about 50-150 years ago, see how it sounds with those words in there. All of those other words were used MUCH more in scripture than the concept of the word "homo" which was never used in any way, shape or form.
A lot of interpretation claims that homosexuality is admonished in scripture and a lot of interpretation says it isn't, just like the racists used to do. Now days we see more clearly that the bible doesn't support racism, but "back in the day" they sure felt like it did. 50 years from now, people are going to be wondering what in the world the homophobes were talking about when they said the bible condemned homosexuals because they'll have a different understanding of the interpretations, hopefully a more accurate one just as our understanding is more accurate concering race than the understanding of 50 years ago was.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Shameful, wrong and where I live - illegal.

So it is illegal in Australia to teach children that homosexuals will not go to heaven? I doubt it.

So you feel that the Muslim extremists who teach their children to hate America and train them to commit terroristic actions against them have that right to do so and it's just fine and dandy? Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

1. There is no teaching of hate in the video, there is actually just a descriptive statement.

2. Yes, teaching of hate to children is a right of the parents. And it is not even in power of any government bureaucracy to change that, anyway.

3. Training them to commit terrorist acts is a totaly different thing, tough. I wonder what kind of absurd thought process lead you to bring that up?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

So it is illegal in Australia to teach children that homosexuals will not go to heaven? I doubt it.

I thought I was quite clear when I said it is illegal to place a child in a position where they may be caused mental harm. This is causing the child mental harm. I also wrote that it is the responsibility of parents and legal guardians to ensure children in their custody are not exposed to confusion and unhealthy mental and emotional situations. This duty of care is blatently being ignored in the case of the video, by teaching the child to sing "ain't no homos gonna make it to heaven" because not only does he not understand the concept of heaven or what a 'homo' is - he also has not ability to grasp the concept that he has been taught something negative.

All he knows is his behaviour being encouraged by adults.

No wonder some people hate homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Shameful, wrong and where I live - illegal.

1. There is no teaching of hate in the video, there is actually just a descriptive statement.

2. Yes, teaching of hate to children is a right of the parents. And it is not even in power of any government bureaucracy to change that, anyway.

3. Training them to commit terrorist acts is a totaly different thing, tough. I wonder what kind of absurd thought process lead you to bring that up?

The first statement wasn't mine, so you'll have to ask the poster who made it about that

1. As far as the second statement, the video is the result of the teaching of hatred.
2. Perhaps it is commonplace in your country, but in our country, it's not something that is approved of.
3. Training them to commit terrorist acts is the same thing as teaching them hatred because terrorism is a result of hatred.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
People use the term terrorist acts far too loosely these days.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I thought I was quite clear when I said it is illegal to place a child in a position where they may be caused mental harm. This is causing the child mental harm.

But this is absolutely not "causing mental harm" by any measures considered by child protection or psychology. That holds true everywhere, also in Australia. So you can stop pretending that somehow the result would be different in your country. It wouldnt, because like it or not, in a free country parents are free to teach hate.

I dont like what they are doing, either, I am an atheist and support gay rights. But I dont like control freaks even more.

3. Training them to commit terrorist acts is the same thing as teaching them hatred because terrorism is a result of hatred.

That is a ridiculous statement. It is not the same thing at all, just one can sometimes lead to other. Your conclusion does not follow from the premises.
edit on 7/6/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That is a ridiculous statement. It is not the same thing at all, just one can sometimes lead to other. Your conclusion does not follow from the premises.
edit on 7/6/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

In your opinion perhaps, but since hatred is the basis of terrorism, it does have congruence to it. They have provided the child with the foundation (hatred) upon which to build violence either physically or emotionally on other people (terrorism...aka bullying or to a greater extent physical harm or attacks that are unwarranted).
It is, indeed, the precursor to terrorism and they would be the resposible party if that is what it evolves into.

Terrorism does not exist without hatred, so hatred is the foundation of terrorism.
edit on 7-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

I thought I was quite clear when I said it is illegal to place a child in a position where they may be caused mental harm. This is causing the child mental harm.

But this is absolutely not "causing mental harm" by any measures considered by child protection or psychology. That holds true everywhere, also in Australia.

I'm the social worker and former educator here, which makes me the expert and in my professional opinion - which carries the weight of the law of my state and country - I say after having extensive experience and education in the field that the child will be adversely affected by his exposure to such behavior. I have no made reference to the extent, just that this is not positive behavior and I am aware of regulations which prohibit the the exposure of children to the same behavior here.

EDIT: In dealing with state and federal government officials in my role, I fend off politically correct control freaks on a daily basis and they absolutely drive me up the wall. However, I can assure you that I am not talking out of my ass on this subject and that this video does not prove positive behavior is being encouraged and would actually be borderline a case for intervention - at least here.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by cartoonhotdog

What the adults are doing to the child is tantamount to child abuse and neglect. He should be removed from his parents or legal guardians who should then be arrested and charged by the state

No, it is nothing like child abuse or neglect at all. There is no crime commited and you may not like it, but it is the right of the parents, and not just parents but everyone to speak as they did and teach it to their children. As for removing him from his family just for this song, you must be joking..

Hey, free society - isn't it a bitch.

Things you have to put up with, unless you want big brother dictating everything.

Well at least you are honest about it.

But know that some of us, like me, won't sit back and let you dictate everything for everyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Well at least you are honest about it.

But know that some of us, like me, won't sit back and let you dictate everything for everyone.

Sure ya will... I'm also a NINJA!!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
That is about the worst thing I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot. What are these idiots thinking here? Christians of ATS, gonna just sit there and let this BS happen? You say your God is a loving god, and all I see here is hate. Get your church to contact these minions and stop brainwashing little kids! Don't you KNOW when you teach little kid to HATE, he or she grows up and hates even more? Gay soldiers fought and died so these kids have the freedom to even go to church, this is how they are repaid?

AW, aw sorry it took so long to reply. I am not very good at spotting my repliers. I apologize.

To be honest with you, I don't think you know what you're talking about and I forgive you for that. But you are not on the 'front line' so to speak and that is obvious. Christians don't have a very good quality control system. Like most people we American Christians resist controls we are by nature lessez faire. sp?

My former church had a corrupt pastor (I am still praying for him) and that was obvious. It took a lot to get him out of there. Misspending money, other women, shallow teaching, he was guilty of it all. This church was under attack by unseen forces and it was miserable fighting it. My best friend got kicked out, I felt unseen pressures. If I attended that church that promoted hate I would have probably felt like I was standing with Satan. Most people just don't have the energy to fight that much power. Unfortunately, your types don't believe such entities exist. And they do!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny10
AW, aw sorry it took so long to reply. I am not very good at spotting my repliers. I apologize.

To be honest with you, I don't think you know what you're talking about and I forgive you for that.

That is pretty funny considering the following.

But you are not on the 'front line' so to speak and that is obvious. Christians don't have a very good quality control system. Like most people we American Christians resist controls we are by nature lessez faire. sp?

American Christians resist controls? Since when? They want to control marriage, sex, child bearing. They have a death penalty for not honoring your parents - no matter how bad your parents were. Your entire religion is a set of controls that Christians in America are constantly trying to impose on the rest of us.

The next Christian that goes ballistic on me for saying happy holidays in the holiday season instead of merry christmas is being dragged back here by his ear to respond to you about why he is so well represented in American Christianity and their system of controls. Hell, didn't Christians fight to make sure their 10 main controls were hung on walls in our courts?

That seems really quite controlling.

Also, who is on the "frontline" and who is not and how do you decide?

My former church had a corrupt pastor (I am still praying for him) and that was obvious. It took a lot to get him out of there.

So you wanted control over who the pastor of your church was.

Misspending money, other women, shallow teaching, he was guilty of it all.

Guilty of all of what? Not adhering to Christian American control systems? That is what you just listed. No one gives the pastor of a church money they do not want to GIVE them. What he does with it is up to him, unless you have a control system in place that makes some spending good spending and some spending bad spending.

This church was under attack by unseen forces and it was miserable fighting it. My best friend got kicked out, I felt unseen pressures. If I attended that church that promoted hate I would have probably felt like I was standing with Satan. Most people just don't have the energy to fight that much power. Unfortunately, your types don't believe such entities exist. And they do!

I do not believe any entities that are only evident in fictional books real. I know you will never be able to introduce me to one, show me one, point one out to me, or prove they exist anywhere outside your mind. That does in fact mean that they do not exist. Almost the entire population of Earth believed the Earth was flat. That did not make it true.

It just seems so odd for you to suggest Christian Americans resist control systems when I see them waving signs around about who I should love, marry, or whether or not I should have to give birth because they want me to, spending huge sums on government crap just to get laws made in their favor, protesting to have their rules and only their rules being respected enough to be posted inside each court room.

I have never met or known a god. I do know stealing is bad, murder is bad. Lust is not illegal, honoring your parents is not illegal, remembering the Sabbath is not illegal, taking the lords name in vein is not illegal, making graven images is not only not illegal, it is a multi-billion dollar business in Catholic Churches, basically none of the 10 commandments Christians in America was in court rooms are even relate to any actual laws save two. Stealing is illegal but being envious is not.

I can barely escape Christian control systems in America and I have never been a Christian.

new topics
top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join