It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Your Boomstick: The Zombie Apocalypse May Actually Be Upon Us

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What's the difference between a psychotic human who attacks and eats people and a zombie?

If someone is going to attack you like an animal with the intent to eat you it's pretty much the same thing. In a way we are actually living through a zombie apocalypse, people are actually eating people. Good time to embrace your second amendment rights.

S&F flag for the thread. Just because there are zombies in pop culture doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared if something similar should happen. It's funny to think of zombies and all, but not funny to have your face chewed off.
edit on 30-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by dbloch7986

The thread title is the exact copy of the title of the news report which is linked to in the beginning (as required by the ATS T&C).

THANK YOU. It was posted in Breaking Alternative News so I quoted the original story title. Plus it's a fun title.

Thanks for starting the thread. This is awesome. I have been wondering about this since I first read the story. It have read several stories over the last year about cannibalism, but nothing like this. Where the guy actually growled at the officer like an animal, withstood gunshots and continued to satiate his appetite with complete disregard for his surroundings.

The most interesting part is how much he ate. 75% of the face is a lot of meat. You would think his appetite would have been fed by the time he got that far!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I am not sure where you are getting your information on drugs but I think you might be misinformed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Well, for those not in the know, Florida seems to be becoming the semi-legal drug capital of the world.

Between the pseudo-weed "incense" and pseudo-crack bath salts at every fly-by-night convenience store around here and the fact that Governor Medicare Fraud...I mean, Rick Scott and his wife made money in the "Pain Clinics" that are so ubiquitous down here, it seems as though I would agree with the poster who said that his bet was on "drugs" (at least for the face-bitter).

Now, as far as the rashes go, not sure, but Hollywood and Lauderdale Lakes are just a bit too close for comfort for mysterious illnesses - then again, I haven't attended a Florida public school since the 90s.

As much as I hate to say it, if there was the ideal place for a "zombie" break out, it would be South Florida. For starters, we have the Haitian population that believes in that - though their zonbi is a little different than the eponymous, fullfledged Hollywood horrormovie Zombie in that it is not necessarily "flesh-eating".

I guess it would be best for the rest of the US. Just draw a line in the sand from Tampa, through Disney World to Daytona Beach and nuke everything south of there. Let me get out first.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's a known fact that the water is full of chemicals, in the States but probably here in Europe as well so who knows, combine that # with GM crops and a effked up atmosphere and other isht going on and you have a recipe for Zombie Apocalypse.

I think my friend Dave the Baseball Bat will need some help for this upcoming doomsday scenario

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4nothin
Here's something, for you to "CHEW" on.
7 pages worth of chatter...and NO ONE mentioned this movie? What's even more interesting...is this movie was released on 12/14/2007...and the trailer starts off with Will Smith's voiceover saying: "Nothing happened, the way it was supposed to happen" and then the words: "in 5 years" Talk about CREEPY. 5 years from 12/14/07 is......12/14/12 GULP!

"I AM LEGEND"

Yeah thats kinda scary especially knowing how the illuminati/hollywood like to "reveal" things...I just hope we are all wrong and just paranoid because if a zombie like virus does spread or is real like 28days later everyone is screwed unless you prepare..I hope we never have to go up against anything like that in I am ledgen either..the easiest ones would be the slow dumb blind zombies.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphotaJust draw a line in the sand from Tampa, through Disney World to Daytona Beach and nuke everything south of there. Let me get out first.

Would that not create more zombies, there by perpetuating the situation and creating a chain reaction of Zombie-erm-nomnomnom's?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

It is very true that our planet will be here, wether humanity lives on its skin or not, in all probability. Short of a super dense asteroid or other assorted space debris hurtling down and pulverising ,it like a Magnum round through an apple.

However, although we know this, we also know that the way the Earth was, with cleaner air, purer water and so on, was better for mankinds overall health. There were less mutagenic substances floating about, like the bloody great out door holding pool full of heavy metal slurry that burst its banks in Hungary a few years back. Nothing like that used to exist, but now a river of that crap has passed through several small towns and villiages in the surrounding area, not to mention passed into the river water there. The same river that feeds OTHER mainland European nations with water, trade and so on and so forth... The risks that are posed by such things are MASSIVE for mankind alone, let alone smaller, and more delicate lifeforms and ecologies.

This wouldnt be a problem if we didnt give two hells damns about our species, or indeed those species we eat, and those that feed what we eat, be they plant or animal. Because we DO value our own species, we must also value our herd animals, and the plants they consume to give us thier milk, thier meat. We must value the bees that make the honey, and the flowering plants they harvest for the raw materials of that honey. We must value the hops that go in our ale, the grapes in the wine, and every microbe, every plant, every mamal and vegetable and bean and fish and bird and insect. Everything, even the bacterial life on this earth believe it or not, are part of a greater whole, and should enough of that whole become ill, or die off, then the rest WILL follow, and it will follow far too fast for complex lifeforms to adapt to it without the perishing of all but a few pathetic, impotent percent of us.

As it is, our species wants to live, and unlike the other species on this planet, we have the ABILITY to prevent our own downfall. Other species will scour a land of resources, and either move on, or die out through starvation. We can turn things around, augment our way of life, and reason through such an issue if we so choose. And choose we must, or face a much less plesant existance than the one we have now. An existance where one never sees the sky, in daytime or light, because to stand outside is to have the flesh wrested from your bones by baking, sulphorous winds, that manage to burn while moving at hundreds of miles an hour. An existance where what remains of the species too stupid to use its amazing mind and figure out a way forward, is living in shelters connected by underground tunnels, getting its doses of sunlight artificially , and growing food the same way, and where no one wants to explore, because to leave the domes is death, and because even if you could leave the domes, there would be nothing to bloody well see, apart from the howling wind of Death, which of course would steal your eyes before you could register its sick, dark shade, or its all consuming power.

That up there is the upside scenario, which assumes that any of us will survive a full on collapse of the ecology at all. Sure the planet will still be here no matter what we do. But we might not.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

I am not sure where you are getting your information on drugs but I think you might be misinformed.

From the Department of Health and the Attorney General's office, but if you have better information, by all means share.

Pam Bondi signs emergency order banning bath salts.

More recent headlines

The drugs – which are marketed as herbal smokes, incense, bath salts, plant food and cleaning products – have been problematic throughout the state.

In Charlotte County, three high-school students were recently hospitalized after overdosing – and a fourth had to be restrained after chasing his father around the house with a machete while hallucinating, Sheriff Bill Cameron said.

Rep. Clay Ingram, who is sponsoring the bill in the House, said Pensacola school administrators noticed problems, too.

“The highs they saw with the kids were different than what they had seen before,” Ingram said.

Lawmakers urged parents to speak to their teenage children – and to pay attention to their purchases.

“If your teenage boy is buying bath salts, he probably isn’t taking baths,” said Cynthia Lewis-Younger, director of the Florida Poison Information Center. “And unless he is the Future Farmers of America, he’s not growing plants, either

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

They weren't dying from overdoses, the drugs are not nearly as strong as coc aine, heroine, etc, but the drugs do induce violent behavior. Personally, I believe a large part of there banning was threats to law enforcement, but that is just my personal opinion. In a select few people they were making them violent with superhuman strength!

Sounds like a zombie drug to me.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Trioxin anyone?
zombie.wikia.com...
Limbo

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am certainly not ready to start hoarding Twinkies yet.

But you have to admit that the 'Face Eater' and 'Intestine Tosser' have given us some really weird stories to ponder.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I have the same thoughts on this Domo lol. All I want to do is finally use the gear I bought on some undead "people". At least then it would justify the amount of cash I spent buying said "gear".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I know a lot of people here are arguing over whether these people are "zombies" or drug users/psychotic. I would like to propose another theory....here it is: DEMONIC POSSESSION! Alright, some may say that is the most unlikely of the theories, while with others it might just fit right in with their world view. To paraphrase from the bible regarding the end times "and their love for one another will wax cold".....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterKovacs

I have some seriously ridiculous stuff I need to justify having purchased.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Couple things..

IF ZOMBIES ARE OUT THERE

THE MAN THAT ATE THE OTHER DUDES FACE DIED BECAUSE OF A HEADSHOT

SO SHOOT ZOMBIES IN THE HEAD NOT THE END OF THE WORLD

BESIDES THE GUY WAS BITTEN AND STILL ALIVE SO IF HE TURNS THEN WE WILL KNOW

HOWEVER THAT SAME MAN BITTEN HAS A RECORD WITH THE POLICE SO THEY WILL KNOW IF HE IS ACTING STRANGE OR ANYTHING.. PROBABLY JUST SORE

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Everyone needs to be packing..

Zombies/aka people eating people
and throwing there insides at you
are going on everywhere..

Go for the head, this thread is very informative..

We have to keep this crap at bay before it is too late..

s and f op

Rule of
shoot first ask questions later..
edit on 30-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

And do the cardio, pops.

Gots to do the cardio.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There is a difference between the rash in Florida and the chemical spill in U of I. Both of which have nothing to do with zombies. I do wonder though if a nerve gas was released in the class room. To affect everyone that way the chemical would have to be airborne. I think this because the rash was in areas covered by clothes. Is this school around farms where a chemical insecticide might be available? Maybe a nettle agent? methyldichbroarsine. Apparently countries dumped barrels of nerve agents into the oceans and sometimes these barrels wash to shore. Sometimes these barrels are found while net fishing. Either way they are there for the taking. I am not sure how effective they would be after all this time. Just a thought.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Well there is your problem. Try not to get your information on the effects of drugs from the scientists and politicians/lawmakers/law enforcement. They usually have terrible information. Usually people that have actually used drugs are more dependable.

Bath salts are like '___' though not as strong? Lol. Coming from the same people that tell you after 1 hit of crack/coc aine/heroin you will be addicted for life. Or that you will see purple elephants while taking '___'.

They don't have the first clue man, seriously. Other non-drug users will gobble that stuff up but anyone with experience will laugh you out of the room when you bring that type of information to the conversation. You are better off to keep it to yourself.

Putting Bath Salts and '___' in the same sentence says it all. And while we are on topic, there is no universal "strength" for drugs. No matter what it is it can be diluted or "cut" or or even concentrated. I assume you are a square which is OK I am not criticizing you for your lack of knowledge, but rest assured that people trying to educate others on the effects of drugs usually don't know jack.

Anyone that has used a wide range of substances sees that type of information and reporting and laughs. Ever heard of "Reefer Madness"?
edit on 5/30/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah as to the Florida "zombie" they said the dude was on a new narcotic called "bath salts" way more lethal that anything that has been previously made which can also be tied in to that high school and the manufacture of illegal substances.

As much as I love all things Zombie don't think we are quite there yet.

. Bath salts eh? Just think how whacked out the dude wadda been on bath oil beads? Sum krazy sh$t goin down.....the likes of which I have NEVER seen. Absurdity, it's the meaning of this little life we have here on this blue orb. So here we are scratching our fingers bloody, in search of our life's meaning. All the hard,hard work, all of the pain,terror, sweetness,love and glory. All for naught because there is no meaning, not the life we live has no meaning that we can discern or percieve in the present range of frequency, rhis perspective. So enjoy the ride I guess?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join