It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Your Boomstick: The Zombie Apocalypse May Actually Be Upon Us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Scientist accused of playing God Did this !@#$%^ hole think of a Fukushima possibility, possibility of mutation, unnatural through radiation? Does his little life form have that up its bag of tricks? Why the !@#$% can't we invent a radiation eating Synthia that sh!ts chocolate bunnies, for !@#$ sakes! Holy Dr Frankenstein.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Double post,Somehow.
edit on 30-5-2012 by Mister1k because: double post

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Definitely not a hoax. I was aware of at least one of those incidents from the OP even before it hit the news, and it is definitely not a hoax.

Now the whole Synthia bacteria thing could be a hoax, I've never heard of it til now, but the face eating, blood spitting, intestine throwing stories are 100% true.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone has ever stopped to think that maybe all of this news (and perhaps the acts themselves) are being perpetrated to make the end of the Tzolkin a self-fulfilling prophecy (as flawed as that 'prophecy' may be)?

I wouldn't be surprised if that somehow factored into all of this.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The Synthia bacteria is no hoax my friend, it exists.

My question is to what end? You don't simply create something like that to 'only' eat oil and other chemicals... not something as elaborate as a new lifeform, anyways. Especially not one that can self-replicate.

What the hell is Venter up to???

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmickat

10th rabies case in SC

Rabies numbers up in NY

Pittsburgh reports first case of rabies in years

Dozens of cases of rabies when you google it. Also, possibly linked ATS thread? Thread

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Its a stretch, but you know whats weird i remember a few years back when i was REALLY into conspiricies i had seen a video about really bad incidents in america and when you drew a line connecting the incidents in order it formed a inverted pentagram. To complete this pentagram the last location of a problem/epidemic/disaster/attack would have been in florida and a lot of this stuff seems to be starting off there - probably coincidence and i know it's a far stretch but just something that came to mind when i read this lol

edit on 10/19/2011 by Strength because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Additionally, other than BP, take a look at the genetics company that is responsible for Synthia.

www.syntheticgenomics.com...

Take a few minutes and read around. I had to remember some of my basic biology and chemistry from college, but it's still pretty scary stuff. A self-replicating "lifeform" that can modify how it embeds itself... IE, what vector it uses to keep replicating.

This reminds me of the book "Patient Zero" by Jonathon Mayberry. Weird.
You are right, this is scary stuff.
Your paragraph about the replication is what I find to be really worrisome.
Synthia is real, and it is just the kind of stuff that a lot of horror films start out with. I think they may have done something really stupid by creating it.
edit on 30-5-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k
Scientist accused of playing God Did this !@#$%^ hole think of a Fukushima possibility, possibility of mutation, unnatural through radiation? Does his little life form have that up its bag of tricks? Why the !@#$% can't we invent a radiation eating Synthia that sh!ts chocolate bunnies, for !@#$ sakes! Holy Dr Frankenstein.
Indeed!
Making it antibiotic resistant was an interesting thing.
One would hope that they engineered it to be weak in some way, that it could be destroyed with some chemical?
Oh, no. That wouldn't make it a very good weapon.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It is estimated that the synthetic genome cost US$40 million to make and took 20 people more than a decade of work.Despite the controversy, Venter has attracted over $110 million in investments so far for Synthetic Genomics, with a future deal with Exxon Mobil of $300 million in research to design algae for diesel fuel.

Link

Exxon Mobil, huh? Hmmm...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Florida is on the Gulf of Mexico. I wonder if this has anything to do with the oil spill. Have there been any reports af suspicious behavior in any other gulf state?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If you want to truly have power, make it antibiotic resistant, and then miraculously release a cure... mark my words, greed is one hell of a motivator. Never put it past the greed of men to come up with the ultimate monster, kill people, spread a panic, and then come to save the day with the 'magic bullet'.

I'm really starting to not like this Venter fellow. Research time...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmickat

and CaptainLJB you are not really selling yourself to a zombie girlfriend with that last reference to dead meat

Nah, I'm allergic to zombies. It comes from growing up watching all those old B classics like "Night of the Living Dead" and countless "Mummy" movies--and scaring the crap out of myself. It's affected me deeply all my life, and it's probably why my father was given a direct cremation rather than a burial 15 years ago when he died (almost to this day in fact). I'll have the same when my time comes, ditto for my mother. Better than dreaming about what it looks like 6 feet under in a rotting, wormy box in the ground, literally as quiet as a grave.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
From the Wikipedia page on Craig Venter:

The single-celled organism contains four "watermarks"[36] written into its DNA to identify it as synthetic and to help trace its descendants
Wikipedia: Craig Venter
They are speaking of 'Synthia' here, and if the purpose of the watermark is to trace it's decendants, wouldn't that mean that they released it into the environment?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I saw the thread about the face eater and then another about the man who threw his intestines at an officer. What if they are related? Yikes. I know the zombie crap gets old, and I really doubt there is going to be some mass outbreak of mystery rash, but lets all stay away from Florida. Why does this kind of thing love Florida?

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

BP Oil spill, probably causesing a toxic enviroment for that area, start digging your hideouts folks!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

Interesting you should say that about an organism that feeds on radioactive material. There are in fact such things in nature, although it is more accurate to say that there is a microbe which processes uranium into the radiologically inert form, uranite. There are also some lifeforms in the deep oceans that consume heavy metals as part of thier respiratory process if I recall correctly. I cannot remember where I read this, nor find the source I was looking for using a quick search on google. I am however kind of busy at the moment. If you are interested in these things, then by all means have a look yourself. I am sure there is information available, perhaps on this very website.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The watermark quotes coded in this thing.

The genome also included four “watermarks” to distinguish the synthetic microbe—dubbed M. mycoides JCVI-syn1.0—from natural organisms. The watermarks are distinct genetic codes that include quotes: “To live, to err, to fall, to triumph, and to re­create life out of life,” from James Joyce; “see things not as they are but as they might be,” from J. Robert Oppenheimer; and “what I cannot build, I cannot understand,” from Richard Feynmann.
www.scientificamerican.com... This next post and links certainly doesn't make me feel well at all. Synthia 3

Now, why watermark the genome? For one, so he can patent it and make money off of it. But more scary is, because if someone is "infected" with these synthetic cells, the can tell if you have the (water)mark or not. And if you haven't taken the Synthia based vaccine, according to the new health care bill, your DNA will not show the watermark, and you won't be able to buy, or sell... Remember ID cards for everyone kind of thing' well now they no need to' cos they can imprint you at birth with a gentic code' just like a bar code' Sci-fi style'

From here Nganga Nobunoni I am pretty dam sure, I am not into someone playing god, whose cue cards, reads like that!

This quote: further down the post will keep yah up at night. Especially since it was posted two years ago.

Now, as Venter has said, this is completely controlled through computer software. Once a person is infected by this synthetic life, it self replicates, until the entire person it has infected is actually a synthetic person, effectively creating a planet of zombies that can be controlled through a software program beamed world wide through Satellite and HAARP technology..
I am not saying its accurate, Too much of a coincidence to ignore some facets of the post tho!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It seems something is in the air in Florida.

The face case has not been confirmed as bath salts , '___', or any other narcotic UNTIL toxicology results of the deceased attacker are released, these have just been uninformed people speculating to journalists. The results won't be known for weeks.

I haven't heard about the intestines story. I'll have to read that one.

If a hazardous chemical has been accidentally released, doubtful they will admit it, and they'll fabricate the toxicology results.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Intestine guy was seriously disturbed. He cut his own abdomen and thighs, and then cut off pieces of his own flesh and pieces of his intestines and threw them at the cops. The cops retreated and waited for SWAT, and they eventually subdued and hospitalized the guy, and so far he is still alive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join