It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Your Boomstick: The Zombie Apocalypse May Actually Be Upon Us

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
At first I thought this was simply the case of someone going completely batsh!t crazy and attacking another... now I'm not so sure.

The BP oil spill did quite the number on the Gulf of Mexico, and it's amazing to me that so many people have forgotten about it so quickly (bribes can do that, however). Not a day goes by that I don't think about all of that oil sitting at the bottom of the gulf, and what effect all of that Corexit has had/will have on the ecology of the region.

The link about the "Blue Plague" is uniquely disturbing because it makes sense. Why wouldn't BP invest large sums of money into advanced genetics to cover itself in the case of a catastrophic spill, like Deepwater Horizon? Like most things in life, follow the money and you will find the truth.

As far as the zombie bit goes, it doesn't matter if they are alive or 'undead', if a human is in a mindless state and trying to eat my fleah, I call it a zombie.

Also, could this possibly be our old friend Mad Cow Disease, but a mutated prion that has somehow been modified thanks to whatever BP has dumped all in the Gulf region?

Nothing certain at the moment. I'm just going to be vigilant and see what happens... probably nothing, but I'd rather be aware than be a statistic.

BTW, if the SHTF, feel free to send donations to your local Floridian Zombie Hunters... most of us tend to be decent shots, and we will try to keep in contained/send the virus to Cuba as best we can. Thanks!

Your post made me think - Texas is cattle country, right? From where does the water come that feeds all those cows? I'm guessing the Gulf...

I just got over not eating any more seafood. But burgers? Fudge.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Gulf Oysters are AWESOME right now! I had about 6 dozen a few nights ago. The Apalachicola Bay is very salty due to the drought in Florida and Georgia, and the Oysters were very salty because of that.

I've also eaten sheepshead, flounder, and mahi from the Gulf over the past couple of months, and they were all terrific. I might be leery of the Lousianna Shrimp, but everything else is superb at the moment.

As for the beef. The act of evaporating the water, and then raining it back down, filtering it through the soil, and letting it pop up in springs and streams should be more than sufficient. If I were you, I'd worry more about the hormones, antibiotics, and irradiation that all beef goes through. The oil is the least of your worries. You can actually eat the oil without too much side effects, but the hormones could give you Gynecomastia.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah GRA, I'm familiar with your romantic tales of gulf seafood. With all respect due a mod, you'd have to work harder than you already have to sell me and anyone with an analytical brain on becoming another test subject.

And why would someone concerned with the quality of seafood just go to the average grocery store and buy ground beef? That sounds absolutely silly, silly, silly. If someone is concerned with CoreExit seafood and salmon that may eventually glow, they're probably also concerned with whether their pound of ground beef is from 417 different cows that were raised in a barn without windows while they waded their way through their own feces until death smiled upon them. But I could be wrong. I just like burgers dude.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

True. I'm sure you are very selective with your cuts of beef.

For the record, not a Mod anymore. De-modded.

As for the Gulf, I think there will be drastic repercussions in the coming years, and I think the Louisianna Shrimp problems will work up the food chain, and I think the CO2 levels will cause deadzones, etc., etc., BUT, the oysters really were very good, I'm not sick. My buddy that is fighting cancer also had a few dozen oysters, and so did his 4 year old daughter. We all enjoyed them, and we're all fine. The fisherman are seeing nice catches, and my friend that runs the Gulf Coast Specimen Marine Lab and ships sealife all over the nation to universities and water parks says there is absolutely no sign of any effects on sea life here.

His #1 indicator when testing sea water is sea urchin larvae. If the sea urchins don't hatch, then he launches a thorough testing procedure and finds the problem. He pumps water from the gulf directlly through his lab, but he holds it in a holding tank for a few days with sea urchin larvae before he subjects his entire marine center to it. So far, he has not had any problems using the gulf sea water in our area.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

De-modded.

For shellfish shilling no doubt!

I've never had oysters. I actually want to try them now. Also, Zombies!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

De-modded.

For shellfish shilling no doubt!

I've never had oysters. I actually want to try them now. Also, Zombies!

Make sure the oysters are ice cold (they usually put ice in the tray), or you can sit at the bar and have them shucked right in front of you. *Squeeze a little lemon juice over them. *Get a white square cracker, put one oyster on the cracker, *put fresh horseradish and a dash of either cocktail sauce or tabasco sauce, and then pop it in your mouth! DELICIOUS! Chase it with an ice cold beer, and do it all over again.

Or, for a novice, you can order them steamed or grilled, with butter sauce and parmesan cheese. That is pretty dam good too!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Or, for a novice, you can order them steamed or grilled, with butter sauce and parmesan cheese.

This might be a better choice. I don't want to shuck off my hand. I can see it happening. Oh hey, aphrodisiac too huh? Perhaps the lady friend will join me for dinner.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Or, for a novice, you can order them steamed or grilled, with butter sauce and parmesan cheese.

This might be a better choice. I don't want to shuck off my hand. I can see it happening. Oh hey, aphrodisiac too huh? Perhaps the lady friend will join me for dinner.

That's what they say! I don't know if it is true or not, because my libido stays on overdrive all the time anyway, but when we go eat oysters, we usually make an event of it, we take up the whole bar, we eat bushels of them, we drink beer, we get loud, and it almost always results in something going on later that night. I always just thought it was my smile and my jokes, LOL! Maybe it has been the oysters all along?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Does anyone have anymore links on the SYNTHIA nanotech virus? I would like to research this but can't find any credible links besides the ones provided. Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by letusascendasone

I've come up short finding good links. It's interesting and creepy.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That's what I was thinking. Corexit! or something else. There was also that story of the lady in San Antonio who dismembered her baby and said the devil made her do it

reply to post by trig_grl

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

De-modded? Did you get a tax exemption for that? I hear that's very green...

Thanks for the information on your friend analyzing the sea urchin larvae - that's reassuring. Believe me, I want to believe all will be fine. I miss clams on the halfshell and all the scallops I can eat. But I can't wrap my mind around eating something that has possibly been exposed to a chemical which is engineered to break hydraulic bonds. However, once I can replace the water in my body with Maker's Mark - and I'm trying - I'll be the other loud drunk at the bar slurping shellfish with a dream of getting lucky. The microorganisms they engineered will never be able to hack the pH in my blood without wishing an antibiotic could kill them.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Most likely it's probably covered up by the department of homeland security no doubt

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Can we please just nuke Florida?

Hey um I LIVE in Florida thank you very much!

Also I wouldnt be surprised if the guy eating the other guys face wasn't on something. Drugs are rampant in Florida esp places like Miami. People are crazy period, it doesn't mean they are zombies!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Venter is indeed an interesting individual...

Wired

Also of interest, an article I read earlier today concerning the Human Genome Project...

GlaxoSmithKline vs. HGP

I find it interesting, and a bit unsettling, that a chemical giant like GSK is getting so heavy handed in their goal of 'owning' the HGP. Between Venter's work and the machinations of GSK, there must be a lot of money/power at stake.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hi im in texas we have the usa`s largest aquifier here. Im forgetting the name of it but it spans about 3/4th this states size. Where i live i have well water from it. I had the water tested the only thing wrong with it is it is high in alceline. its so pure and taste real good. I think the texas beef is safe for know

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Also, found another interesting link dealing with Synthia.

FarmWars

I cannot vouch for the validity of the site, but it was a decent read... what I found peculiar was following bit...

5) US Energy secretary Steven Chu was feted by press as “The Secretary of Synthetic Biology” when he was named to office last year (see http://(link tracking not allowed)/9pMDp8), reflecting his previous role as head of Lawrence Berkeley National Lab where he oversaw a $600 million dollar investment by BP in the university’s synthetic biology labs. On the other side of that deal was BP chief scientist Steve Koonin, now Undersecretary for Science in the DOE. Koonin reportedly spearheaded BP’s investment in Synthetic Genomics Inc.

Lots of loose ends that may not be quite so loose at all.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Dreine. I've been reading up on this SYNTHIA 'creation' and it all sounds like something out of a resident evil movie. I don't trust this Venter guy. Why are BP and Exxon suddenly so interested in bio-engineering? I don't know what to think. The fact that this SYNTHIA nanotech virus was 'created' from a bacteria that is immune to antiobiotics in mammal cell cultures is, unsettling to say the least.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join