It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Why not wait and see. We should get some visuals in this week, right?

StringTh

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They might found something that related to Arctic Sea case.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods
They might found something that related to Arctic Sea case.

What arctic sea case are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The three dimensional analysis of the SONAR image is very interesting. It reveals that the object is a relief feature, extending above the sea floor. Up until this point it wasn't clear if it was raised feature, or a depression; something like a crater. In the two dimensional renderings of the SONAR data, this is ambiguous. Both negative and positive renderings of it have been shown. In the one with the circular object light and the background dark, the object looks raised. With the object dark and the background light, it looks like a round depression. Any explanation that involves a depression can now apparently be ruled out. These include craters caused by the release of gases from under the sea floor, the effects of depth charges or other explosives, meteorite impacts, and collapsed salt domes. Yes, some sort of geological feature is still possible. A rock outcropping might be rounded and worm nearly flat by the effects of sea currents. I still have my doubts, though. The object appears *very* round and *very* sharply defined. One might expect to see something with a more gradually sloped edges, and more of an oval shape, overall, perhaps coming to a point, or nearly so, on the trailing end. One sees this sort of thing in river islands, where there is a strong current.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

I agree. I think that it is basically a result of deposition of fine sediments by prevailing ocean currents in the shadow of the rock formation (what I think is most likely) or wreckage. The chance that this is anything anomalous is extremely unlikely. I really don't understand the continuing attention this is getting after the initial chuckles over someone finding the "Millennium Falcon" on the seabed.

Problem with the Baltic Sea is that there are no currents there.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I don't know what they will find now, but I can all but guarantee whatever WAS there is gone now!!

Locked away tightly with the US government somewhere....

Hence the timeframe for getting down there to investigate!

The coordinates for the anomaly has not been released to anyone outside the Ocean Explorer Team. As for the timeframe I can only guess that it has something to do with The Baltic Sea being frozen during the winter, and that it has taken time to get fundings.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
no one here has done enough research regarding the anomaly and any circumstantial information so I can see why people are guessing. I'm not going to bother writing up a post on all the research/analysis/anecdotal data i've accumulated over the months, but I have absolutely zero doubt that it's a uso, it may take 2 expeditions, but eventually this thing will turn out to be extra-terrestrial in origin and everything is going to explode.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

I'm not going to bother writing up a post on all the research/analysis/anecdotal data i've accumulated over the months, but I have absolutely zero doubt that it's a uso, it may take 2 expeditions, but eventually this thing will turn out to be extra-terrestrial in origin and everything is going to explode.

And when it doesn't turn out to be extra-terrestrial in origin you will no doubt claim that it's a coverup .
Be daring and show us your research/analysis data ....if it exists .
Its a geological formation whether you choose to believe it or not .

How the hell is that a spaceship , it looks no different to the surrounding rock

edit on 2-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
There's no shame in being wrong for either of us.

Just don't turn this into a debate I really could care less and i'm not against skeptical views either maybe uninformed ones but i'm just making a prediction. We'll see what happens.

As for being daring how about you come back to me with an understanding of how side-scan sonar works and tell me why you think that it would show the most accurate Bathymetric information to support your assertion beyond a doubt?
edit on 2-6-2012 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

As for being daring how about you come back to me with an understanding of how side-scan sonar works

Ahhh the old switcheroo , I asked first ... you show me yours I'll show you mine .

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by redrezo

As for being daring how about you come back to me with an understanding of how side-scan sonar works

Ahhh the old switcheroo , I asked first ... you show me yours I'll show you mine .

You don't even understand the nature of the question if you actually had knowledge of how sonar works and the myriad different types of it, you'd understand the question I was asking was rhetorical

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

you'd understand the question I was asking was rhetorical

Was it .... really ? . or was it just an attempt to shift the focus

You claim to have done research that tells you this thing will turn out to be extra-terrestrial in origin but refuse to share with us what led you to this conclusion ....why ?
The picture I posted above would seem to show that it is indeed just a geological formation that happens to look circular .
Side Scan Sonar

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Was it .... really ? . or was it just an attempt to shift the focus

You claim to have done research that tells you this thing will turn out to be extra-terrestrial in origin but refuse to share with us what led you to this conclusion ....why ?
The picture I posted above would seem to show that it is indeed just a geological formation that happens to look circular .
Side Scan Sonar

Posting a terse link doesn't prove anything, again does side-scan sonar show the most accurate bathymetric information? Come back to me with an answer and a reference from a university pdf or an legit source then we'll have something constructive to work with, and add your 'scientific' analysis.

I'm really getting tired of this discussion unless you have an accredited 4yr university degree in science or engineering then don't even bother talking to me over anything technical.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I believe after spending millions of dollars and years of study they will decide it is an asteroid crater. It's unique shape caused by the angle it hit the water which slowed it enough to preserve its shape on impact. It will provide the largest metorite fragment ever discovered in tact on earth to date.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

this reminds me of that movie Sphere with Sharon stone maybe they get inside it and there is a bin with trash/basura written on the side

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Most of the 'rocky' features in the 3d SONAR image appear to be artifacts produced by the scanning method. If one looks carefully they appear to form parallel lines with regular spacing across the image. These lines run across the circular object, and the rest of the sea floor, as well. If these are disregarded, the remaining conspicuous relief features are the flattish disk itself, and the apparent trench or furrow, which extends from the object, across the image to the right.
edit on 2-6-2012 by Ross 54 because: corrected ambiguity

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
thats if its still there they gone public far to early anybody could of gone down and removed what ever it was.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
If it were something that could change our beliefs and knowledge of the universe it would be covered up anyway, so regardless let's just call it a big rock and the trail to the right of it is actually debris from the rock because of a strong underwater current...the end as far as us plebs will ever know.

edit on 05/21/2010 by Wheelindiehl because: left to right?!?

Maybe it's just more likely to be a big rock with a trail caused by a current than it's to be a extraterrestrial craft or something equally weird? Why do you assume everything would be covered up? You need to take your blinders off and just see what's there in plain sight.

I think it's something natural. If it were manmade ruins, wouldn't there be other evidence? I mean, shouldn't there be historical references elsewhere that would lead us to this location?

I've found several possible natural explanation from various posters/sites:
1) Volcano plug
2) Meteor impact
3) Geologic formation (distorted by the sonar technology used)
4) Etc.

I find it annoying that it's called an "object" when we haven't further investigated it yet. I get the feeling that there's hype going on to justify the mission and to get donations.

And if it were indeed a spaceship, the government would be all over it. Don't you think they have experts would could look at the imagery and figure out that it's important enough to find out? Yet we've heard nothing of any government or military doing any exploration of this site.

The fact that the government/military is not flocking to it should have been all the evidence Peter Lindberg and Dennis Åsberg needed to not waste their time with this underwater site.

But who knows.. maybe htey have reason to believe it's some kind of ruin or shipwreck? For one, Peter said that removing the disturbances (sonar technology) shows lots of straight lines. He comments that this is odd and to his mind hints some sort of manmade interaction. But he admits he lacks the knowledge to say that conclusively - it's just his own feeling.
edit on 2-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If I were a scientist or a researcher i would be infuriated,the Engineers who stood up and disputed 911 set the bar high and all the academic cowards who do not step forward with their truths take their educations for granted and spit in the faces of the billions of humans who will live and die in an academic vacume and they SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.

The cream of the crop,many of whom come to sites like this and demand "proof"incessantly while they ignore and debunk the voices of the people telling their truths,you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

I am not formally educated and I have to see this abhorration of humanitarian natural progress and evolution catalysed by the humans we as a species all educated and prepared to lead us into the future,our academians.

We are all so conditioned to accept lies in every area of our lives that we cannot find a starting point for our cumulative reality to get the foothold it needs,humanity is forced to keep slipping steps consistantly in a pattern.

If I can read David hamels work and understand it then there is no dam way an academic can possibly miss what I see after I post it or verbalise it to them and show them the way.

If another man can study the Giza pyramid and show us that it is a power generator then there is no dam way academics are missing this,this is intentional,cowardly and non-humanitarian.

There is an artifact at the bottom of that hole because one human said there was,the reasons for that statement are irrelevant,because once it was verbalised and added to our cumulative humanitarian data base it became a potential reality,and we need to disprove it,we dont need to PROVE it,it is already a potential reality so we can safely assume it is going to be real.But for another reality to manifest itself someone needs to DISPROVE that it is an artifact and manifest a new reality for us all.

If we are all standing around a pond and looking down and we see something and no one has spoken,OBVIOUSLY we have ALL already formed a thought about the thing we see,HOWEVER,the first one to VERBALISE THEIR THOUGHT and ADD it to our CUMULATIVE HUMANITARIAN DATABASE,creates or MANIFESTS AN ACTUAL REALITY OR STRING IF YOU WILL.And we are ALL on it,now to change that ANOTHER human needs to ADD new data to our cumulative humanitarian database,so as to MANIFEST a NEW reality for us all,and so on and so on.

If I say that the thing we all see at the bottom which is only visible as a round blurry spot is an artifact from another cultures technology and I have spoken first,then THAT IS THE REAL AND TRUE REALITY of what the object is,until another cumulative reality thread is began we all stay on mine and it is my hands on the wheel.

You may be standing beside me and have had your own individually catalysed thought that it is a juicy turtle at the bottom,if you dont verbalise it and we all walk away ,it will never be a turtle,but if you speak up and tell me and us all that you think it is a turtle at the bottom,then we will all incorporate that data and we will then initiate a NATURAL set of steps to actually reach to the bottom and bring up a physically manifested item,you may reach into the deep and bring up a juicy turtle,and all may rejoice and share a meal,OR,you may reach down and bring up an item and someone might bash your skull in and drop you into the drink WITH the object thereby ENSUREING that as far as our cumulative humanitarian reality is concerned it is still an artifact at the bottom ,along with a body.OR,you might bring a turtle up to the surface and shout out that you were right and several of us might not like you so we may decide to DENY you our reality as punative action catalysed by negative emotion associated to greed and envy or some emotion ect.so we wink at each other and ALL say it isnt a turtle---you can stand there alone and scream the word turtle till you are blue in the face but as we all walk away we have effectively ERASED you and your reality from existance and written our own by proxy of numbers and UNTRUTH.And if you decide to be a smart Alec and hide the turtle in your pocket to use against us later we will shun you and banish you from our group dynamic,whereuopn you will still remain a potential reality maker,but afar from the group you will never get the chance to add to the data base again or get your hands on the wheel so to speak.

So the fact is that a humans word MUST always be accepted as reality until otherwise proven,and the first word is the way we set our reality base as a group,and as soon as we silence one single humans voice we begin a domino effect of destroying the integrity of our cumulative reality.we need honesty beyond reproach,and the catalyst of that honesty must be a humanitarian concern.

I see it as an artifact until someone shows me different ,but because I CANNOT TRUST THE MEDIA SOURCES OR THE DATA SOURCES,I must be held in limbo,my vote is held in limbo while SOMEONE somewhere decides what to show me and by what conduits of communication they wish to present it on.This is where the deception comes in.

We need to have live internet coverage of any major finds 24/7/365 ,because without that type of constant coverage we could be decieved,even at that tunnels could still be dug underneath and we could still be decieved,but the point is we need to use the provision of real time information exchange via the internet to ensure our cumulative reality is being fed natural data and not modified data.

Imagine if we were all hooked up to polygraphs while we were on-line,we still wouldnt weed out the whackos because some of them BELIEVE what they say,and even those nutbars have a shot at makeing their realitys manifest at all of our expense,look at Hitler and many others,it was words that put them where they were,words and suppression of data in a tactical manner with design.

edit on 2-6-2012 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2012 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here is a minor update on their expedition. Nothing really worth reporting on I guess.

Source

Also, here is Ocean X's website, which doesnt seem to update very often.

Link

[Peter Lindberg, Treasure Hunter]: "We have equipment with us so we can do three dimensional sea floor mapping, bottom penetrating equipment, we can see where the bedrock under the clay and so on. We have divers, we have robot, sophisticated sonar, we will take bottom samples, we will measure for radiation and we will also bring tests with us so we can leave it to a lab.” [Cecilia Svensson, NTD Reporter]: “It was in June last year when the treasure hunters Dennis Åsberg and Peter Lindberg were out looking for shipwrecks in hope of finding champagne or liquor when a big circular object showed up on their sonar screen, 60 meter in diameter, the size of a jumbo jet. Looking like a UFO.The two professional treasure hunters were stunned. They had never seen anything like it before. And they concluded that it´s no oil platform, no submarine and it´s not a wreck. Tonight they are going back for the first time on a two week expedition."

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join