It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Perhaps its whats known as a 'diamond pipe' that hard blue clay that diamonds are found in, thrust up during volcanic activities, just a thought.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

So you figure I am going to spend $39.95 just to get the answer to a question I addressed to you?

I asked YOU to provide some citation that backs up your assertion that there are no currents in the Baltic Sea. I guess you realize that is a ridiculous assertion.

I'll meet you half way. The Baltic Sea currents are a complicated matter, but most people who live here consider it a dead sea. It takes 30 years to replenish the water in the basin. Tidal currents are strongest in the west near Denmark, but you have a little current where the other seas come in as well (freshwater only). So to modify my first comment: There are no _real_ currents to speak of in the Baltic Sea. None that could have made those large tracks leading up to the anomaly.

Originally posted by TommyD1966

I don't get it--why would there not be a current? That link just shows the abstract, which doesn't say there is no current.

Internet is a wonderful thing. If you don't care where you get your sources you will always find something to back up your statements. The clue is to try to find other sources to falsify your statement.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Whilst normally I try and take a sensible, logical approach to mysteries, I did notice, when the original story cropped up quite some time ago, the similarities between that and the Peru stargate.

Here is the comparison image I quickly threw together then:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The only reason that I made this thread was to let people know that there was an expedition to clarify exactly what their previous expeditions sonar had hit upon.

edit on 3-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Has anyone seen any progress in this expedition as yet? I cannot find anything on it, but it has been 4 days into it, and I would have expected something to come out by now. Perhaps they are waiting to announce what ever they find at the end.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It's Interesting to note that there is a magnetic anomaly just North of the Aland Islands, in the Gulf of Bothnia. This could very well be in the same area in which the 'disk' was found. This can be confirmed or refuted, once the location of the disk is revealed. This anomaly is described in the scientific literature as a 'strong maximum' ; meaning it's the strongest magnetic anomaly in the region. It will be interesting to see if there is some connection between the 'disk' and the anomaly, and what this might suggest about the nature of the object.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Has anyone seen any progress in this expedition as yet? I cannot find anything on it, but it has been 4 days into it, and I would have expected something to come out by now. Perhaps they are waiting to announce what ever they find at the end.

Regular updates here www.oceanexplorer.se...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by charlyv

Regular updates here www.oceanexplorer.se...

Thanks, that is wonderful, why I could not find that... well, thanks again!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
And the latest is:

2012-06-06 Ocean X Team on site The ship Ancylus, carrying the Ocean X Team, is now anchored above the circle-shaped object. They started to scan the seabed and they are taking samples for analyses. Due to really bad weather conditions the operation took a little bit longer than scheduled. But they are working hard and prepare to dive down there for further investigations today.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Thanks for the update. I was hoping that they would send a sub down there with a camera, instead of a diver.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I think they are going to send sub. After their expert diver checks it first

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Lmao, dude couldnt they have found a female "expert diver" to take a picture of

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

Couldn't have got that much funding for this expedition, they can't even afford scuba gear

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
From the Ocean Explorer website just now:

"2012-06-07

BREAKING NEWS 2pm, The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week."

www.oceanexplorer.se...

Sounds very interesting to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IIILoserIII

Are they just stringing us along? Why do we have to wait till next week now to get any more information?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

I can only guess. But if it's a really huge find, I suspect they will ensure that nothing happens along the way.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well, thats good news (that we have news) that they have "seen whatever it is with eyes on", I'll wait a week.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IIILoserIII
From the Ocean Explorer website just now:

"2012-06-07

BREAKING NEWS 2pm, The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed – a Mystery Beneath. More information and pictures will be released next week."

www.oceanexplorer.se...

Sounds very interesting to me.

Interesting news, guess well have to wait a week though

Thanks for the update

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
the last time i checked in on this story
america and russia had the area cordoned off
and they were, i dunno, tasering people stopped in traffic or whatever...
but they're probably catiously poking Han's slumped remains as i type
and not only that but thre's 'amazing' news in the next week?

sure they may just be stringing us out
but i go to sleep happy tonight.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
remnants of a sunken city maybe?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join