It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Btw, they are no Scientists. They are bunch of divers and treasure hunters.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nervus
thats if its still there they gone public far to early anybody could of gone down and removed what ever it was.
It might be rather difficult for 'anybody', including the military, to remove a 60 meter wide (~ 200 ft.) object from the sea without it being widely noticed. As the location has been kept secret by the finders, it might even be difficult to find.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods

Yea, the original story seems to be misleading from (Fox News) of course. It does mention that there are "researchers" on board but doesnt actually say scientists anymore.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

if it is an unidentified craft then maybe it was the predecessor of the Falcon HTV-2 , doesnt have to be ETs... and i did say 'if'...

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

if it is an unidentified craft then maybe it was the predecessor of the Falcon HTV-2 , doesnt have to be ETs... and i did say 'if'...

That "angle" where the sediments were removed away seems to point that whatever that is it is come from up and in pretty low angle until stopped. Don't know how hard is the bottom of Baltic Sea but at least how it looks at the image is that more the object has landed more deeper it has sunken to.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IIILoserIII

Originally posted by bluestreak53

I agree. I think that it is basically a result of deposition of fine sediments by prevailing ocean currents in the shadow of the rock formation (what I think is most likely) or wreckage. The chance that this is anything anomalous is extremely unlikely. I really don't understand the continuing attention this is getting after the initial chuckles over someone finding the "Millennium Falcon" on the seabed.

Problem with the Baltic Sea is that there are no currents there.

That seems to be a silly statement. There are currents in all seas. Do you mean that from your knowledge, there are no currents at this particular seabed location? If, so, perhaps you can provide a source to back this up?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i'm REALLY REALLY hoping for something interesting!! i sooooo want it to be more than just a geological anomaly. it's probably nothing but i want excitement dammit.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods
It is very true that Dennis Asberg and Peter Lindberg are not scientists. They never claimed to be. They did reportedly have the good sense to involve oceanographers, who are a kind of scientist, in their new expedition.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Well, either way we should know what the "great mystery" is in the next ten days.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

That seems to be a silly statement. There are currents in all seas. Do you mean that from your knowledge, there are no currents at this particular seabed location? If, so, perhaps you can provide a source to back this up?

You might wanna read this one: www.sciencedirect.com... - which is about the wind driven and thermohaline circulation of the Baltic Sea. If you use our dear beloved Google, I'm quite sure he will kindly provide you with all the knowledge you need.
edit on 3-6-2012 by IIILoserIII because: Forgot one space.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

here is quite a good sonar image of the object showing the gouge mark plus all the scattering pattern of the surrounding seabed.
edit on 3-6-2012 by cookiemonster32 because: thought I would put image in instead will try to find larger one though

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
maybe the object crashed when the ocean level was lower thousands of years ago and could have left a trail then.
i think there are many lost civilisations or structures hidden under the ocean close to the coasts of continents. sometimes all that is left of old islands is the mountain peaks poking up from the sea floor, we should be looking more at these sunken land mases for old civilisations, anything that could have been above the water years ago, we may not know what we will find, we keep looking for evidence of old civilisation on land but the older stuff is under water. like ants we moved to higher ground as lower level islands/land mass were eaten by the ocean.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

here is a bigger image.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some updates on the topic. Sounds interesting
US and Russia are doing military exercises suddenly at the region and blocking the research

www.ufo-blogger.com... +%28UFO-Blogger+Uncover+The+UFO+Truth%29

Also another update that another object was found nearby.

www.ufo-blogger.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Somebody please explain something to me:

Why is it that just because something is circular it's called a UFO? How desperate are people to find something where there is nothing? How much do people see what they want to see?

I will bet that it's not a spaceship. And I will bet that when it's discovered to NOT be a spaceship people will immediately begin claiming a cover-up.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

And I will bet that when it's discovered to NOT be a spaceship people will immediately begin claiming a cover-up.

Heh, I beat you to it. I claim cover up BEFORE its identity is discovered.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dukker

post by dukker
Some updates on the topic. Sounds interesting

Not really , its a regular exercise that happens at this time every year .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

post by UltimateSkeptic1
I will bet that it's not a spaceship.

And you would be right .

post by UltimateSkeptic1
And I will bet that when it's discovered to NOT be a spaceship people will immediately begin claiming a cover-up.

No doubt that when its shown to be geological the claims of coverup will start , probably linking the above naval exercise to the removal of the alleged UFO / USO

edit on 3-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You might wanna read this one: www.sciencedirect.com... - which is about the wind driven and thermohaline circulation of the Baltic Sea. If you use our dear beloved Google, I'm quite sure he will kindly provide you with all the knowledge you need.

So you figure I am going to spend $39.95 just to get the answer to a question I addressed to you?

I asked YOU to provide some citation that backs up your assertion that there are no currents in the Baltic Sea. I guess you realize that is a ridiculous assertion.

edit on 3-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: is/are grammer

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
Somebody please explain something to me:

Why is it that just because something is circular it's called a UFO? How desperate are people to find something where there is nothing? How much do people see what they want to see?

I will bet that it's not a spaceship. And I will bet that when it's discovered to NOT be a spaceship people will immediately begin claiming a cover-up.

I agree! Its probably nothing but a formation of rocks!!! (I can't believe how many people keep hyping this story like its the "real Millenium Falcon" crashed on the bottom of the sea!)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't get it--why would there not be a current? That link just shows the abstract, which doesn't say there is no current.

Google search says:

There are currents

Here too

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join