It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists to dive for Baltic Sea "UFO"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Maybe This?

as for the trail..?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If it were something that could change our beliefs and knowledge of the universe it would be covered up anyway, so regardless let's just call it a big rock and the trail to the right of it is actually debris from the rock because of a strong underwater current...the end as far as us plebs will ever know.

edit on 05/21/2010 by Wheelindiehl because: left to right?!?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I heard somewhere about this being a glitch on the sonar - don't know where though, but if they are going down to look at it, then ignore this.
edit on 30-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If there actually were something controversial down there it has already been reviewed. Nothing we are shown will be the truth unless this really is simply a natural formation. TPTB are not going to allow the average person to learn of something before they have had the chance to determine how best to gain from it.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

The "trail" looks like sediment on the ocean floor....

If the object had crashed or landed in that location why would it leave a trail like that? It's under water...

Even if it landed on an angle it would have slowed and then just sunk vertically to the bottom.

It looks like the area at the top of the "trail" is raised like a ridge which would explain the straight line at the top.

Well that's my opinion

edit on 30-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
yeah if they are still getting a reading on it when they go back...its nothing special. as soon as this discovery was made...i'd be willing to bet my salary on....that some parts of of the governments already went down there and found out what it was. if its gone...bingo.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Maybe some ruins from an old, old sort of building.

Hopefully it's Millenium Falcon

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

It looks like an ancient volcano outflow pipe.
So, that's what I guess.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well, roll on the 1st of June!

I wondered ,however, if it is possible that this object is an artifact of some pre-historic human activity. As we know, if you go far enough back in pre-history, the waters of the oceans were displaced differently. It is possible that the area that is currently the stretch of the Baltic Sea which seperates the south of Sweden and Finland from one another, was once dry, and therefore possible that it may have been inhabited, or at least walked on.

But having had some time on it, I am certain this cannot be the case. All the evidence pushes me away from that line of reasoning. The Baltic Sea, which seperates the bottom halves of Finland and Sweden from one another, was formed when the glaciers in the area receeded, from the meltwater that ran off from the retreating iceline. When that glacier receeded, the land it had covered changed shape, some areas rose on the rebound after having the weight of ice removed from them, and others collapsed somewhat, to leave depressions. The Baltic appears to be one of these depressions, which originally filled with fresh meltwater, but connected with the world ocean later. In either case, there appears to have been no period in human pre-history where the area currently called the Baltic Sea was not either covered in ice, or water.

So although my initial theory was found wanting, at least that removes the possibility that this object was some massive and hitherto unknown artifact of human creation. Plus I learned a bit about the geography of Finland, Sweden, and the Baltic Sea. All in all, a good day I reckon.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hmm.. Inguess it's indeed a volcanic plug. Probably rich in iron, hence the strong echo.

To scientists: do not try to remove the plug! Before You know it, the Baltic sea could be drained...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Fisherr

The "trail" looks like sediment on the ocean floor....

If the object had crashed or landed in that location why would it leave a trail like that? It's under water...

Even if it landed on an angle it would have slowed and then just sunk vertically to the bottom.

It looks like the area at the top of the "trail" is raised like a ridge which would explain the straight line at the top.

Well that's my opinion

edit on 30-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

I agree. I think that it is basically a result of deposition of fine sediments by prevailing ocean currents in the shadow of the rock formation (what I think is most likely) or wreckage. The chance that this is anything anomalous is extremely unlikely. I really don't understand the continuing attention this is getting after the initial chuckles over someone finding the "Millennium Falcon" on the seabed.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
you mean what they find or what they will tell us they find???

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
il go with either......

The DeathStar, or a big SinkHole,

Or perhaps megatron.

Do hope its something cool though, even if its not alien related would be good for it to be Something extraordinary e.g city of atlantis

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion they used the term UFO as another tool to find funding and to draw media attention. It can't be easy to get funding to research what is likely a geological formation of some kind.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
june 1,I will be keeping an eye out to see what this turns out to be....I had forgotton about this story, glad to see they are going to take a look down there.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I always fear being let down,,,LOL

But be neat if was something strange like a crashed UFO.

Will keep my eye open on this.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm of the opinion they used the term UFO as another tool to find funding and to draw media attention. It can't be easy to get funding to research what is likely a geological formation of some kind.

That is indeed a reasonable suggestion. A marketing plot.

I guess we shall see soon enough.

StringTh

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Gosh, I really think that somebody should tell the Lindberg team about this thread before they go off and waste their money actually finding out what it is, what with all the experts on sonar readings, vulcanologists, undersea geologists etc. on these pages.

Im sure they never considered it might be a rock formation before they went off and raised the millions of dollars to put on the expedition. Why, they could have just come to ATS and got a 100% guess and saved themselves the trouble of collecting any evidence.

Sarcasm button off.........

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It is incredibly difficult to identify anything that comes up in sonar readings and for something to come up so almost perfectly round is a little odd. I think its probably nothing. A rock formation seems most likely and I would probably put my money on the millennium falcon theory before I would alien technology.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Damn man, where's you flare for mystery?

This is exciting (opposite of jaded) --- folks finally got the balls to go down and see what this really is.

It could very well be a natural formation, or it could not be.

.... Obviously that is their angle, because it looks *interesting*. Some humans (the ones who discover things) like to explore things, that they find *interesting*.... ya know?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join