It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the gospel of jesus?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by troubleshooter

I kinda wish he became a stone mason instead of a carpenter, and chiselled his thoughts in stone. Lasts a lot longer. Then again even stone can be stolen or destroyed, so maybe there would not be a different outcome either way.

Wood offers the right amount of resistance to change. But once cut, it cannot return to it's original shape. Just like what happens once the Presence cements into a person because of that persons choice to do so. There is no going back.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
The bible is the inspired word of God, Christ was God hence he was the inspiration for all the bible.
Every written word.
Its really simple but to difficult for many....its called faith.

Well said! Jesus is the Word, therefore the entire Bible is His Gospel (Good News). The internal coding indicates that this Document was written by a more-than-human intelligence, but the scoffers will never admit it, or give the issue an honest appraisal.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
How do we know there is not a gospel of Jesus? We dont. Many ancient texts are hidden or burned.

For me.... Reading the Bible once a year like a book ( front to back) is a true eye opener. I notice something I didnt before....each and every time.

There is a lot of writing in the Bible that if you think in heavenly terms instead of earthly terms you see clearer. The word light for example is all throughout and is evident that science is also key to understanding. You have to look at the bigger picture and not get hung up on things that really do not matter at all...

I think Jesus wrote if he knew how to write. I also think Jesus back in the day was a name had by many. Either way... The spirit of Jesus lives through many of our eperience, especially upon the brink of death. Experience is proof enough for me.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If archeologist or a goat herder found a document in an urn in some deep dark forgotten grotto and it was found and alleged and purported to be the Gospel of Jesus... would you believe?

If His words were written there in His own hand writing... would you believe?

Or would we then move to the argument of proving it was actually written by Jesus Himself or that it was not a forged document or some hoax. We have film footage from various angles and different sources of the 9/11 crashes at the WTC and we still have people that argue it did not happen.

So what is the point? Judge better what Jesus supposedly said... not interpetations, not commentaries, not analysis... but what Jesus is actually quoted as saying:

Love you neighbor as you love yourself.

If a man asks for your coat, give him your shirt also.

If a person asks you to help carry their load for a mile, carry it two.

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall inherit peace.

Blessed are the meek and the humble, for they shall inherit the Kingdom of God.

Love your enemies.

When someone strikes you, turn the other cheek.

Those of you without sin, cast the first stone.

Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Yup, sounds like the words of a madman... don't know why anyone would aspire to that level of existence.

After reading those words and all of the others Jesus spoke or alledgedlyy spoke...do we really need to see it in His own words?

I often argue that the entirity of a Christian lifestyle can be found in Matthew 5-6-7... not that many live those words or that many even try to. It is what Jesus offered up to all of us... it is up to us as to how we use them.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I read that many books were taken or purposely left out of the bible, including one Gospel where the first sentence said "God is within us, God is around us, you do not need a church made of sticks and stones to worship God."

Gee I wonder why that was left out?

edit on 27-5-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No supreme metaphysical-like teacher ever wrote with his own hand.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Are you people serious??? Why do you feel the B.I.B.L.E. is such an eeeeeeeeevil book? Do you not UNDERSTAND any of it's teachings? Do you not get it's PRINCIPLES??? Do you not UNDERSTAND that it is an INSTRUCTION MANUAL? Or, do you think man is smarter than his Creator? Who gives man the ability to think? So, do you think man is so smart.....he could just twist and distort God's WORD? Do you think, for 1 second...the Creator of heaven and earth...would allow something HE created (man), to distort HIS TRUTH??? hahahahah Man isn't that smart!!! Not even the BRIGHTEST minds, that ever existed, could twist HIS TRUTH! Jesus didn't need to write anything....others wrote HIS testimony. Besides, who writes their own story??? Oh, and just so you know....back in those days...they also had reporters. They were called "scribes". Learn you something.

edit on 27-5-2012 by nuttin4nothin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think writing about oneself is a more modern concept. A narcissistic one at that. Not particularly a trait exhibited by Jesus IMO.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
How do we know there is not a gospel of Jesus? We dont. Many ancient texts are hidden or burned.

For me.... Reading the Bible once a year like a book ( front to back) is a true eye opener. I notice something I didnt before....each and every time.

Is that how people do it? No wonder why they're so confused. Once a year, you read it like a "book"? Therein lies the problem. Why don't you try this instead: Try opening it up EVERYDAY...for about 5 minutes...and just read. I BET you find something you didn't see before. Just open it...and read. It doesn't matter WHERE you start....God speaks DAILY! It's called: DAILY BREAD

It is IMPOSSIBLE to read God's WORD like a book. It DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. It must be STUDIED to get UNDERSTANDING. If you REALLY want a relationship with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob....aka ISRAEL...you're gonna have to give God some DAILY attention.

A good thing to do...is read 1 Proverb a day. There are 31 Proverbs...and most months have 30 days. Study 1 a day. EVERYDAY God will reveal something NEW. I've been studying HIS WORD for a loooong time, and everyday i learn something new.

And, just so you are aware....there are 66 BOOKS....all wrapped up in one: Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth (B.I.B.L.E.) manual.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

en.wikipedia.org...

Text
Principle of maximum entropy
The principle was first expounded by E.T. Jaynes in two papers in 1957[1][2] where he emphasized a natural correspondence between statistical mechanics and information theory. In particular, Jaynes offered a new and very general rationale why the Gibbsian method of statistical mechanics works. He argued that the entropy of statistical mechanics and the information entropy of information theory are principally the same thing. Consequently, statistical mechanics should be seen just as a particular application of a general tool of logical inference and information theory.

enoch was right
edit on 27-5-2012 by redneck13 because: n

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

www.yashanet.com...

Text
The Seven Rules of Hillel existed long before Rabbi Hillel (60 BCE – 20 CE?), but he was the first to write them down. The rules are so old we see them used in the Tenach (Old Testament).
Rabbis Hillel and Shamai were competitive leading figures in Judaism during the days of Yeshua's youth. Hillel was known for teaching the Spirit of the Law and Shamai was known for teaching the letter of the Law. Yeshua's teaching largely followed that of the School of Hillel rather than that of the School of Shamai (an exception being Yeshua agreeing with Shamai regarding divorce in Matthew 19:9).
For example, Yeshua's famous "golden rule": Whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even to them, for this is the Torah and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
This reads very closely with Hillel's famous statement: What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor that is the whole Torah ... (b.Shabbat 31a)
Upon Hillel's death the mantle of the School of Hillel was passed to his son Simeon. Upon Simon's death the mantle of the school of Hillel passed to Gamliel. This Gamilel spoke in defense of the early Nazarenes (Acts 5:34-39). He was the teacher of Shaul/Paul (Acts 22:3).
In 2 Tim. 2:15, Paul speaks of "rightly dividing the word of truth." What did Paul mean by this? Was he saying that there were right and wrong ways to interpret the scriptures? Did Paul believe there were actual rules to be followed when interpreting (understanding) the Scriptures? Was Paul speaking of the Seven Rules of Hillel?

These points aside, belief in God is belief He can manage his WORD. Any other mindset denies the authority on the subject. There's no point in arguing the context since the Bible produces the history it reveals. Evidence is in the news and in our textbooks.

If you believe in the power of God, you must surely believe his book was written exactly the way he wants it. There is no evidence. Evidence is for science

enoch was right
edit on 27-5-2012 by redneck13 because: c

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If your Jesus and 1/3 of the God that created the universe this seems pointless. If your an all powerful force it seems an easy task to make sure what you want gets into a book written in your name.

Besides the spoken word is far more powerful.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Sackcloth and ashes reveals it.

World English Dictionary
sackcloth (ˈsækˌklɒθ)
— n
coarse cloth such as sacking
garments made of such cloth, worn formerly to indicate mourning or penitence
sackcloth and ashes a public display of extreme grief, remorse, or repentance

enoch was right

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

Don't be so judgemental. To each there own. At least there reading the Bible thats a VERY rare thing these days. I assume you believe in the holy spirit, let him work his magic.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

How do you know that what has been revealed to us in scripture isn't exactly how much our God wanted to be revealed to us?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

www.yashanet.com...

Text
The Seven Rules of Hillel existed long before Rabbi Hillel (60 BCE – 20 CE?), but he was the first to write them down. The rules are so old we see them used in the Tenach (Old Testament).
Rabbis Hillel and Shamai were competitive leading figures in Judaism during the days of Yeshua's youth. Hillel was known for teaching the Spirit of the Law and Shamai was known for teaching the letter of the Law. Yeshua's teaching largely followed that of the School of Hillel rather than that of the School of Shamai (an exception being Yeshua agreeing with Shamai regarding divorce in Matthew 19:9).
For example, Yeshua's famous "golden rule": Whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even to them, for this is the Torah and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12)
This reads very closely with Hillel's famous statement: What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor that is the whole Torah ... (b.Shabbat 31a)
Upon Hillel's death the mantle of the School of Hillel was passed to his son Simeon. Upon Simon's death the mantle of the school of Hillel passed to Gamliel. This Gamilel spoke in defense of the early Nazarenes (Acts 5:34-39). He was the teacher of Shaul/Paul (Acts 22:3).
In 2 Tim. 2:15, Paul speaks of "rightly dividing the word of truth." What did Paul mean by this? Was he saying that there were right and wrong ways to interpret the scriptures? Did Paul believe there were actual rules to be followed when interpreting (understanding) the Scriptures? Was Paul speaking of the Seven Rules of Hillel?

enoch was right

I read Enoch's link and now I've read yours. I agree these rules are very wise words and agree that they are echoed in the New Testament. But I think you've completely missed my point. My comments regard the accuracy of the New Testament as a whole, and the way some Christians use the versus to justify their bigotry, such as women not speaking in churches, women covering their heads, or men not laying with other men.

Jesus never said any of this, these 7 rules clearly don't, but many of the books in the New Testament traditionally thought of as being written by the discliples do contain these things.

I have no issue with Jesus, what I have issue with is the falsehoods which are attributed to him both now and in the past.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

These points aside, belief in God is belief He can manage his WORD. Any other mindset denies the authority on the subject. There's no point in arguing the context since the Bible produces the history it reveals. Evidence is in the news and in our textbooks.

If you believe in the power of God, you must surely believe his book was written exactly the way he wants it. There is no evidence. Evidence is for science

enoch was right

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Jesus, like Socrates, never wrote anything down.. Both could very well be fictitious, I guess for believers in Jesus you just have to go on faith and other peoples word.. As for Socrates, he did not claim to be the son of god, so i don't really care if he was real or not.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The Bible is the Gospel of Christ.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Only the New Testament talks about Christ, and not even the whole New Testament at that. Therefore, no, the bible is not the gospel of Christ.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join