It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns Australia to Choose “Godfather” – China or U.S

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Citybig

That is how you came across in your posts, to me anyway, if I have drawn the wrong conclusion, I apologise.

Nope, that is most certainly not how I came across in my posts, its because you are inept and are unable to read properly.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Citybig

Who is more likely to be hostile toward Australia, the USA or China?

I pick USA as a buddy any day.

Good for you. Once we scrap the Commonwealth you can get even closer with your new buddy.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Citybig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wow! Lucky Australians! What a choice huh.. Authoritarian, Commie, sociopathic bastards or Authoritarian, Capitalist pig sociopathic bastards. I got a novel idea, how about telling the guvments to stick it and each and every Australian stand up and claim what is rightfully thiers...Freedom from government and true individual liberty! PEACE.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

its because you are inept and are unable to read properly.

Don't you mean "it's"?
At least the Australians know the correct usage of the English language.

I did read your posts correctly, and they were hate filled because the Australians were co-operating with the Americans. Saying they should be cast out of the commonwealth as a result of this shows hate, pure and simple.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

its because you are inept and are unable to read properly.

Don't you mean "it's"?

I did read your posts correctly, and they were hate filled because the Australians were co-operating with the Americans. Saying they should be cast out of the commonwealth as a result of this shows hate, pure and simple.

Again, your ineptitude shines through. Read again, then see that I stated that the Commonwealth should be scrapped anyway, but should they choose to allow the US to launch hostile drones at China they should be kicked out. A little bit different to just kicking them out for cooperating. I hope I have made this nice and clear for you to understand, otherwise I will kindly create a diagram to make it even easier.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Don't you mean "it's"?

Oh dont sa thhat! WerE under enuff presure as it is
and I really struggle with grammer

But yeah I`d hate to loose our mates in the UK,could we still have the Ashes?

This line of thinking is honestly concerning me more.

Personally as I`ve said I don`t want either China or America,but if we got into strife it would be good to see who our friends are.

I cannot imagine the UK not showing up and taking a swing with us.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Citybig

Who is more likely to be hostile toward Australia, the USA or China?

I pick USA as a buddy any day.

Good for you. Once we scrap the Commonwealth you can get even closer with your new buddy.

You seem to think that I am alone in my opinion and the United States of America is hardly a new buddy to Australia, or me.

edit on 26-5-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Damn right we would back you up, as would the other commonwealth countries such as Canada, and our allies such as America, etc.

I can understand Citybigs attitude, America has made a lot of mistakes, and started wars most of us don't agree with, but when push comes to shove, they are on our side.
edit on 26/5/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

It's OK. We have mates all around the world.

There is no drama atm. But if there is, we wll be there .... or they will be here. ( we know who we are ).

China has not yet earned the right to be called a " Mate "

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by gps777

Damn right we would back you up, as would the other commonwealth countries such as Canada, and our allies such as America, etc.

I can understand Citybigs attitude, America has made a lot of mistakes, and started wars most of us don't agree with, but when push comes to shove, they are on our side.

Absolutely on our side, like when they were funding the IRA, or supplying oil to the Nazis, or stitching us up in the Suez crisis, or killing our troops, or kidnapping our people through unfair treaties, or collapsing our Empire.

The only side America is ever on is the American side, anything else is just a coincidence.

Could you imagine naming a street after terrorists who kill the people from a nation you are supposedly allied with? No? Well that's the American way! There are streets in New York named after IRA terrorists. On our side, right?

You sicken me.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
WTf... since when were the Aussies sitting on the fence?

Their allegiance is to The US and Europe, no questions asked. China is just butt hurt because they invested so heavily in resources coming form Australia. Now, with their slowing economy, it is becoming a drag.

Choose your 'Godfather' pft.

Lets put it this way... they 100% choose the Red, White and Blue's, can you name those flags?

More and more Australians are against risking our economy for Americas Imperialism each day. There was a thing held last week where the public could ask the politicians questions. The first question someone asked is why we are risking our economy through increased militarization with the United States. Most Australians are aware that our future is with China. We will have to cut ties with America soon or they will drag us down with them.

China's economy needs Australia (and the rest of the west for that matter) as much as the Australian economy needs China and it will remain that way regardless of the US/Australia relationship. Australia will not be cutting ties with the US or China anytime soon and the US and China will not be going to war anytime soon and instead will continue to trade with each other and make strategic investments in each others economies. People need to understand that China has enormous investments in Australia and the US and likewise, Corporate America has massive investments in China as do Australian business. International relations are not as simple as black or white as some people seem to think. As far as China goes, it cannot be 'you're either with us or against us' because globalisation has made them a part of us.

A perfect example is Mitt Romney. Here is a guy that could end up POTUS that founded a company called Bain Capital which has billions of dollars invested in Chinese companies. I can't see him having a conflict with his business partners. The same way that I can't see China wanting to risk losing all their assets in the west that they have strived so hard to accumulate.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The Chinese are no business partners of any American, they are your owners. They need to bring you into line a little harsher.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I'm not American. The Chinese are business partners of many Americans. If they are bringing America into line they are doing a fantastic job (note sarcasm)

So- wrong, wrong and wrong again

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Those Marines are a "tripwire" force, if they get hit we send in a fleet or two.Also again,maybe its that "Pine Gap" installation.We are showing an aggressive China we will not accept their adventurism onto "Commonwealth" soil.This is basic strategy.They're pushing Viet Nam around they're encroaching on the Philippines fishing areas.We DO NOT want to rule your country.But then again we can't leave a lesser power who we regard as family be taken by the Dragon for her unexplored natural resources.Intelligence is how wars are won and,in fact,lives are spared.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by gps777

Britain is the ONLY ally of Australia that I have respect for, BUT lets hope next time Australia is under attack that Britain actually sends some help unlike last time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by gps777

Absolutely on our side, like when they were funding the IRA, or supplying oil to the Nazis, or stitching us up in the Suez crisis, or killing our troops, or kidnapping our people through unfair treaties, or collapsing our Empire.

The only side America is ever on is the American side, anything else is just a coincidence.

Could you imagine naming a street after terrorists who kill the people from a nation you are supposedly allied with? No? Well that's the American way! There are streets in New York named after IRA terrorists. On our side, right?

You sicken me.

I'm with you Citybig, America has been no friend of Australia either they have covertly attempted to destroy our mining industries, used the CIA to overthrow Whitlam and Rudd, threatened Australia and usurped our soveriegnty by building bases where they please, forced us to fight in their endless wars, refused to allow us have nukes, have launched CIA terrorist attacks against Australians and so on..

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The US is in Australia for the money, its not about being all buddy buddy, its money.
US investment in Australia is huge.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Britain is the ONLY ally of Australia that I have respect for, BUT lets hope next time Australia is under attack that Britain actually sends some help unlike last time.

The difference Crimson from then till now,is back then they kinda had their hands full,where now it would be a different story all together.

I fully agree though, I`d trust the UK to back us,though I don`t want them to get involved if its our fault for letting America cause strife that we allowed or any one else of the Commonweath.How can us Aussies fight a good fight if its not a good fight?

What a mess,this is!

I`m feelin quite lost on what our best action should be to solve this mess,other than start yelling at our Gov and have no real idea on how many Aussies across the country see it this way to make a bit of difference.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Isn't that what I said we were in fact doing when we sent you Marines to counter a threat.......screw it,learn some strategy kid, geez.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

The difference Crimson from then till now,is back then they kinda had their hands full,where now it would be a different story all together.

I fully agree though, I`d trust the UK to back us,though I don`t want them to get involved if its our fault for letting America cause strife that we allowed or any one else of the Commonweath.How can us Aussies fight a good fight if its not a good fight?

What a mess,this is!

I`m feelin quite lost on what our best action should be to solve this mess,other than start yelling at our Gov and have no real idea on how many Aussies across the country see it this way to make a bit of difference.

While I agree with your sentiment, however Britain did not have their hands full at that time. The Battle of Britain was fought in 1940, the Battle for Australia began two YEARS later. Meaning the Britains were no longer under threat so they could have sent Australia reinforcements but they chose not too.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join