It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns Australia to Choose “Godfather” – China or U.S

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It is rare in diplomatic circles for governments to speak bluntly, particularly in the Orient, where manners are highly prized.

The exceptions to this rule are retired military officers, who are often able to voice sentiments too impolitic for other channels.

One of the more startling pronouncements in this vein occurred last week when Song Xiaojun, a former senior officer of the People’s Liberation Army, warned that Australia cannot juggle its relationships with the United States and China indefinitely and “Australia has to find a godfather sooner or later. Australia always has to depend on somebody else, whether it is to be the ‘son’ of the US or ‘son’ of China.

Source

Uh oh! Better make a choice all you 'down-unders'! With the recent implementation of Drone bases in Australia by the US, China is getting pissed about the aussies sitting on the fence. Im not saying the average aussie, but their government seems to be trying to have its cake and eat it too.
Do you think China will follow through on threats? What kind of retaliation could China do?

Thoughts?!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Were in a bad situation, long term china is the future but right now the US is camped in our country... Somehow I don't think pm jules will show any back bone anyways and will continue trying to buy time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They would probably cut all ties with Australia, No Money, goods, etc.

+9 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
WTf... since when were the Aussies sitting on the fence?

Their allegiance is to The US and Europe, no questions asked. China is just butt hurt because they invested so heavily in resources coming form Australia. Now, with their slowing economy, it is becoming a drag.

Choose your 'Godfather' pft.

Lets put it this way... they 100% choose the Red, White and Blue's, can you name those flags?

Can someone say... Common Wealth of Nations, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, World Trade Organization(includes china, by default, but shows the strength in ties with others), Australia – United States Free Trade Agreement ...

Guess what hasn't gone through....Australia–China Free Trade Agreement

edit on 24-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States. We cant afford to risk our economy. We cant afford to risk the safety of our population. America has no need to have military in Australia. China is our friend.

+10 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States. We cant afford to risk our economy. We cant afford to risk the safety of our population. America has no need to have military in Australia. China is our friend.

LOL, America is the only country holding up the rest of the world right now

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Their allegiance is to The US and Europe, no questions asked. China is just butt hurt because they invested so heavily in resources coming form Australia. Now, with their slowing economy, it is becoming a drag.

Lets put it this way... they 100% choose the Red, White and Blue's, can you name those flags?

More and more Australians are against risking our economy for Americas Imperialism each day. There was a thing held last week where the public could ask the politicians questions. The first question someone asked is why we are risking our economy through increased militarization with the United States. Most Australians are aware that our future is with China. We will have to cut ties with America soon or they will drag us down with them.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

And China are propping up the U.S so what does that tell you?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Australia has always been Pro West and is a core part of the Western Bloc. China is pissed because the Australia Government has put the hammer down on there Telecommunications deals there because of suspicions of corporate espionage and hacking issues. Major deals have been halted and rejected because of it. Also, Australia supports the U.S. on many things including defenses and hosts U.S. Military and there equipment.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

More and more Australians are against risking our economy for Americas Imperialism each day. There was a thing held last week where the public could ask the politicians questions. The first question someone asked is why we are risking our economy through increased militarization with the United States. Most Australians are aware that our future is with China. We will have to cut ties with America soon or they will drag us down with them.

More and more Australians huh.... good thing the power has never been of the people right?

I don't know what propaganda bs people listen to... but if you are to listen to it lately... you see non stop headlines, such as...."US jobless claims steady, economy edges up", "Europe's slump deepens, US, China lose momentum", and such things as.... "Europe's festering debt problems and slower growth in China are starting to hurt American factories."

They're all connected, it is called a world economy... but to think that the US will drag down Australia is a joke.

My state has a 5.8% unemployment rate... so yeah, things are not all that bad. I think it's hilarious when people sit around claiming that the US economy is doomed, and is continually dragging down the rest of the world.

The practices outside the US are dragging down the US economy. Granted there is enough blame to go around, it's not like the didn't have anything to do with the economic collapse. But that's just the thing, we did, we know it, and now we are addressing the problems. To pretend that the US is going to drag down other countries in the future is a joke.... simply put.

All in all... Australia sure will have a fun time if it ever denounces it alliance with the US, and decides to go with China. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

You want economic security HAHAHAHA, yeah, go ahead, choose China who has GHOST CITIES THAT ARE FALLING APART because of their sluggish economy. lol

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

reply to post by Nspekta

LOL, America is the only country holding up the rest of the world right now

Haha, how deluded are you? America is headed down hill into the deep dark swamps of debt at breakneck speeds.

As for this whole story... I see no problem with Australia trying to play it nice with everyone. That's why we have lots of friends, we try to treat everyone equally and fairly. And it should continue like that. It's unnecessary to start "picking sides" and making enemies. Grow up China.
edit on 24-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by Gwampo

And China are propping up the U.S so what does that tell you?

The US is NOT propped up by China. That is pure propaganda that has spread around the internet. How is it they are propping up the US when The US Federal Reserve just bought 61% of the US debt.

I guess you got your articles confused. You must got Hollywood and the United States mixed up.
www.ft.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

The US Federal Reserve just bought 61% of the US debt.

You do realize the only thing that means is that they "monetized" the debt: aka converted the debt into inflation.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So what if Australia wants China as it's big brother. Based on the growing resentment toward Americans in general that I have seen on other sites and this one, I say who cares! Honestly let them. They will find out for themselves after a while what being a so called little brother to China will mean. Lots of cheap junk, heap loads of China propaganda all over the country. Has anyone seen the movie the Godfather? Well it goes something like I am going to do you this favor, and I am going to come to you one day ask a favor from you. You will do this favor for me or you die. Yep that's how the Godfather handled its favors. Ask Taiwan if they want to be part of China. You will get an emphatic NO!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I know, however that does not mean China is propping up the US. What does that conversion have to do with his statement?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

reply to post by Nspekta

America is the only country holding up the rest of the world right now

Why does the U.S.A feel the need to police the world? is it because the potential profits from war can be astronomical? surely not?

the u.s government is supposed to uphold it's own constitution and they don't even do that anymore so perhaps they should think about getting their own house in order

just saying!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I know, however that does not mean China is propping up the US. What does that conversion have to do with his statement?

Well I guess it doesn't really mean much, you're correct. However, China and Japan do own large sums of US debt.

And then if you believe the whole US bond controversy, it's possible countries like Japan and China own trillions of US debt, initially done as a method of solidifying the US dollar as the world reserve currency.

+20 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My uncle fought in the famous Korean battle of Kapyong. He was one of only a few Australian soldiers to receive an American medal for bravery. I also have family that have fought alongside Americans in Vietnam, and WWII.
To even suggest Australians would side with China over their long time ally America is total and utter BS! Would NEVER happen.

I am not talking about politicians. Both American and Australian (ALL of them the world over for that matter) are corrupt. I am talking about Australians, the people, the everyday folk. They will stand with America and their allies through thick and thin. Some Chinese general can (as they often do) say what he likes to promote himself to his own. Yes is can cause debate amongst those who ignorantly think Australians would side with China.

But this much I know. If China made one stupid move against America or its allies, you would have Australians volunteering by the hundreds of thousands to defend their friends. Not for political reasons, not because some politician says so, but because Australians have ALWAYS volunteered to fight alongside their mates! It is our way, it is what we do.

+4 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think they are overlooking the fact that Australia IS the son of Great Britain, and as part of the commonwealth they have our support.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join