It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Warns Australia to Choose “Godfather” – China or U.S

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
China can go to hell. We aussies are no-ones bitch but we are and always have been great mates with our cousins in the US.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
China can go to hell. We aussies are no-ones bitch but we are and always have been great mates with our cousins in the US.

Currently, from Chinas point of view, you are the US's bitch, while at the same time you are increasingly dependent on China for growth. China wants the political situation to reflect this new reality.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

I don't think America are too bad. We are not Iraq. If they have wronged us it is by looking after their own interests more than expected, but not without making it up.

Americans are fine lol, it's the government i despise.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I would choose the Chinese...American Government has been bought out...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Remember an Idiot Abroad In China?
I can't see Austrailia siding with the Chinese and not American, when Austrailia is the son of the UK.
Nuff said.

A lot has changed since 1788 lol.

British culture and Australian culture and societies are quite different nowadays.

Has it?
Oh right, can you explain, although this thread is not about things that happend in 1788, maybe I'm wrong though and this isn't the China Warns Austrailia to Choose Godfather thread.

But hey, do the honors.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The OP is a false duality.
There are at least three choices.
There are no differences between the first two.

Choose neither. Choose neutrality. Choose liberty. Choose freedom. Choose New Zealand. Choose to feed and clothe Australians. Choose to use your defense force for defense. Choose local not global. Choose to leave the WTO. Choose to print lawful money.
Choose love. Choose life.
edit on 25-5-2012 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Nspekta

We need to cut ties with the United States. We cant afford to risk our economy. We cant afford to risk the safety of our population. America has no need to have military in Australia. China is our friend.

I saw the thread title and immediately thought,"Where is Germanicus?"

Why not leave it to a vote? Just put down your didgeridoo's, your lager's, quit skinning the crocodile's and vote.

Do you kick out America? China? Both?

Or embrace one or the other?

(Note; I kid about the Aussies, just kidding)

Who the hell is this Germanicus everyone keeps talking about???

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

America didn't use CIA on us.

Wow you have a lot to learn...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I feel no threat from the US.

I wouldn't trust the Chinese as far as I could see them with a telescope.

no brainer for me. I'd really rather just become an island of one though..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
I saw mention of American Imperialism.... huh. I always thought Australia and America were FRIENDS, based on similar histories and interests and actual respect and genuine friendship with each other, person to person! Australians in general are always popular in America. China is a rather racist nation that looks down on others and will love to USE Australia so long as it is in its political interests but tell me..... who is China actually friends with? Can you name a country? Or just mutual use?

The American People and Australian People have affection for each other above and beyond politics. We have fought side by side many a time. It's not Imperialism, its friendship across the ocean. China tends to look after itself and strong arm others, Not that American politics hasn't done the same, but when has China fought to free other countries rather than conquer them? Ask ANY of China's neighbors what they think of China!
edit on 25-5-2012 by jaxnmarko because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by jaxnmarko because: paragraphing

America is not Australias friend, they have used our soldiers for their endless wars and have killed many of them in the process. Americans think we are friends but little do they know how much America has interfered in Australian affairs, how they have actually "attacked" us indirectly ie, The Bali Bombings were an American attack against Australians. Truth is China has never done us any wrong, they don't spy on us, they don't attack us, they don't kill our men for stupid wars, they just want to trade and do business, China is our friend America is enemy NO 1.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
China and America hate you for your freedoms and love you for your minerals.
Can't put it a whole lot better than that.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

I can instantly tell you are not Australian, or why else would you have that avatar? Stop trying to speak for the Aussies stupid American we have our own voice, let us speak for once.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by trouble_every_day
The OP is a false duality.
There are at least three choices.
There are no differences between the first two.

Choose neither. Choose neutrality. Choose liberty. Choose freedom. Choose New Zealand. Choose to feed and clothe Australians. Choose to use your defense force for defense. Choose local not global. Choose to leave the WTO. Choose to print lawful money.
Choose love. Choose life.
edit on 25-5-2012 by trouble_every_day because: (no reason given)

LMAO choose NZ? What have they got to offer us? They have nothing which is why there all trying to come here!!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Godfather? why would anyone want to sleep with the mafia just for protection? I don`t think they make condoms that thick for safety.

I choose neither,the US just needs to get off our soil so words like that don`t come out of China.

China has never been a threat to us and is a good business partner,lets leave it that way.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As a yank/brit mutt, I always dreamed of someday going to Oz or even New Zealand. With a partnership of China, though, it would seem doubtful. The encroachment of nationalism it just not my cuppa. It may be all well and good for the folks down there, and whatever you want, you should have.

Guess I'm just of a different mind is all.

Bottom line, Australians should control ther own destiny, regardless.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
We from Australia are a little unfortunate in being situated in the Asian sector, yet participate in the Western scheme of things. (obviously an ... He's my friend. NOT yours' type of thing)

We do tend to try and do the right thing by all upfront and decent people. We also get to enjoy the best of the different cultures that enjoy the benefits of our mostly welcoming and inquisitive nature.

Having possibly over-simplified things, i suggest we can have more than one friend and still remain quintessentially Australian.

Yes, the world is way smaller than it has ever been but I see that as an opportunity for an international melting pot for a better future and the greater good.
(Can you imagine a shared database of ONLY positive thoughts from around the world?)

Meawhile we must remember that new kids in the playground shouldn't be treated too harshly. Play nicely.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
reply to post by Gwampo

And China are propping up the U.S so what does that tell you?

lululuoololooolouoluoul
edit on 25-5-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I prefer the devil i know, sure, the U.S has used the CIA to attempt to depose our government, but i like AMERICAN'S, not there Government, i have a few mates that are Americano, and are truly wonderful people.
Heh, any American's wanting to move to Australia, i'd happily give you a job

I don't like China, i don't like their culture, i don't like their mindsets.

I like American arrogance, it shows pride (in my opinion).
China can go take a long walk off a short pier, they come here and buy land, and when they want to mine it they just try to throw money around to get what they want, they don't care about our environment, or our way of life.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

what happened ? stop denying facts.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

your ramblings do not change the facts.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join