It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian state says it's OK now to kill tiger poachers on sight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by poloblack

out of 1 billion people,50 million is the middle class.rest are poor.

Enough said.

Second, your nation is already heading for strong troubles.

news.yahoo.com/india-faces-mass-default-restructuring-devaluation-looms-125709317--sector.html

So much for the rising superpower.
edit on 25-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)
I'm American pal, I'm just trying to stress a point. And you're right about one thing....my country IS headed for strong troubles. You must be psychic.

dofus,Read my link ,its about Indian economy having massive trouble..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Enough said.

news.yahoo.com/india-faces-mass-default-restructuring-devaluation-looms-125709317--sector.html

I may be wrong, but judging from your words, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild. If it wasn't for your employer ALLOWING you to work for them, I seriously doubt you could feed and cloth you and yours

I am self employed.

, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild

I am a survivalist type so what are you talking about?

No disrespect intended, but, you come off like you're better than others. Survivalist type? Ok, I'll bite...any experience in the wild?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Enough said.

I may be wrong, but judging from your words, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild. If it wasn't for your employer ALLOWING you to work for them, I seriously doubt you could feed and cloth you and yours

I am self employed.

, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild

I am a survivalist type so what are you talking about?

No disrespect intended, but, you come off like you're better than others. Survivalist type? Ok, I'll bite...any experience in the wild?

he a troll. He was pulling the same shtick in one of the trayvon martin threads.Something about hoodies being a sign of thugs
Im sure the ban hammer will pay him a visit eventually.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
My apologies to the OP...I'm not trying to derail your thread. I kind of got off-topic, again my apologies.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yes,I live a good part of my off time in the eastern Yakutia (Rossiya) forests.Have cooked and eaten Wolf meat .Normally based in Vladivostok,Primorsky province.Also I keep travelling to Mumbai,Delhi,Chennai and Jamnagar for business purpose.

Normally Involved in oil trading and food franchises.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Enough said.

I'm American pal, I'm just trying to stress a point. And you're right about one thing....my country IS headed for strong troubles. You must be psychic.

dofus,Read my link ,its about Indian economy having massive trouble..

I can assure you, I'm no doofus. And I am well aware of what your link is about. Apparently, YOU didn't catch MY drift concerning my response. Let's not derail the OP'S thread...show a little respect.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Hopefully, it is not too late to save these magnificent animals, who have been relentlessly pursued for vital organs for some misguided medicinal benefit.
We British did,nt help, either, in the Colonial period, shooting tigers and other animals as " Trophies " to adorn stately homes...
Perhaps the Indian government could arrange commercial hunting parties to target poachers, and use the profit to help tiger numbers recover....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I concur Mr. Smith.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thank you... This subject really gets me fired up. Any captured poachers could be fed to the tigers, whilst alive. Extreme ? Yes.. But that,s how strongly I feel....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

And I truly share your sentiments, sir.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by Bixxi3

But i would be such a hypocrite and betray what i believe.we can't use murder as a punishment while at the same time condemning the act of murder.

Sure we can. One is both killing something that is often endangered and a harmless animal.

The other is killing someone whos breaking the law and killing a creature over something ridiculous.

Originally posted by Bixxi3Plus if this type of thing actually worked as a deterrence there would be no crime.

How can you say that? We dont put this form of punishment into affect on a large enough scale to see the results of it.

I think you missed my point. And i don't care to point out the obvious.
As for the deterrence 100-1000s years of ago torture and death were criminal punishments for the most arbitrary of things. Hell getting a finger/hand chopped off for theft is still practiced. And death is still a punishment for murder in some states. And as far as i know murders still get committed. -Large scale to me.
So this type of thing has been going on for so long and what for, deterrence? What evidence is there that it works? none,it has no effect what so ever.
maybe it more an "eye for an eye" which is barbaric and doesn't solve anything
edit on 25-5-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3Hell getting a finger/hand chopped off for theft is still practiced.)

Yes and you don't think getting the chop has honestly made someone stop and think" you know maybe i wont do that"
Same for other harsh and violent punishments.Of course people are still going to be desperate and or stupid and do it either way but brushing over it as ineffective is a bit rash imo. Not to mention as i said it can get rid of undesirables rather conveniently rather than have them be a burden on the tax payer.

If one poacher is killed its one less threat to the animal life. If the message isnt clear enough make the body count high enough to where its simply eliminates the numbers.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So in this country you can murder anyone you like and then lie and say he was a poacher. anyone else see the implications behind this?
When does a poacher become a poacher? when the supposed bullet physically hits the tiger with two or more witnesses? or being in the wrong place and time and looking like a poacher?

or a jealous husband kills his wifes bf and throws him out in the bushes and says he was poaching? maybe shoot a tiger or two and put it near the body just to be safe lol

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
this reminds me of a short story entitled "The most dangerous game" written in 1924 by richard Connell

en.wikipedia.org...

Where a hunter on his way to hunt jaguars falls off the boat and is marooned on an island where a hunter hunts humans for sport.

Perhaps with this new law in place extreme hunting fanatics will finally get their chance to hunt humans and vacation to this spot, and perhaps pay guides to seek the unusal big game. I mean why not; the idea isnt a new one by any means.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Dont get me wrong i think killing the hunters is a "novel" idea..(pun intended) but I think they are treading on a slippery slope opening up situations that could totally lack proper evidence gathering teams out in the bush.
Sort of like burning witches in the dark ages on hearsay evidence.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Your people are utterly and desperately poor and can barely feed themselves and yet indians have more concern about some pathetic wild animals. How about you people first feed and cloth your poor people.

How utterly ignorant you are.
"Pathetic wild animals"???
You sound like an utterly pathetic human, to me.....Poor in Spirit.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

reply to post by BASSPLYR

most animals have a lack of intelligence and their intelligence is based on instincts.

Sounds like you're referring to yourself.
Complete lack of any iota of intelligence.

edit on 25-5-2012 by Starling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

You sound like an utterly pathetic human, to me.....Poor in Spirit.

Says someone who supports killing of poachers..
Who is poor in spirit now?

Nobody deserves to die for poaching, those pathetic animals are not worth murdering people over. Or do you believe animal life is equal in value to human life? No, you dont.

Poaching needs to be eradicated, but not this way. Id rather see those species going extinct than killing humans to save them. I swear some "poor in spirit" people have made nature their god or something. I dont get it at all.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

human life is more valuable than animal life.If you care about tigers so much go offer yourself as food to them.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

maybe you need to study biology and psychology.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join