It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian state says it's OK now to kill tiger poachers on sight

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Your people are utterly and desperately poor and can barely feed themselves and yet indians have more concern about some pathetic wild animals. How about you people first feed and cloth your poor people.
Its a true statement upto certain extent not just for India but for many developed countries as well. Lets be realistic about it. Now it is not the citizen's jobs to feed the poor and hungry. It is the GOI's job. Two seperate issues here.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by poloblack

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by poloblack

out of 1 billion people,50 million is the middle class.rest are poor.

Enough said.

Second, your nation is already heading for strong troubles.

news.yahoo.com/india-faces-mass-default-restructuring-devaluation-looms-125709317--sector.html

So much for the rising superpower.

I may be wrong, but judging from your words, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild. If it wasn't for your employer ALLOWING you to work for them, I seriously doubt you could feed and cloth you and yours

I am self employed.

, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild

I am a survivalist type so what are you talking about?

edit on 25-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)
No disrespect intended, but, you come off like you're better than others. Survivalist type? Ok, I'll bite...any experience in the wild?

he a troll. He was pulling the same shtick in one of the trayvon martin threads.Something about hoodies being a sign of thugs
Im sure the ban hammer will pay him a visit eventually.

I think so too. He has been anti-OP in pretty much all the threads he has visited. Troll

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by usmc0311
I fully agree. They should have hunters out hunting only the poachers with a reward for their hides just like an animal. Poaching is a huge issue with me unless it is an, I need to feed my family situation. In this case it is just out of money and nothing more. So sad the things that we are going to have to do to protect mother nature from ourselves.

Just playing devils advocate here because I agree they should be stopped BUT

Given the fact that there are sick enough people that would hunt humans for sport wont it be sad if they start hunting people and then claim they were hunting poachers. there are enough rich people in india with an inferiority complex that would pay to do this. And bribing officials is common practice in the subcontinent. I should know I lived there for 10 years.

I would love to place a hunting rifle into the hands of a dirty corrupt politician and push him off into the sanctuary
That would be a good way to get rid of some of the political trash.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

There is great possibility that poachers will start killing forest rangers too then in revenge.Unnecessary violence.But you have not seen how many people leopards kill and severely maul in Dehradun and cause severe loss of livestock.

Many a times these 'endangered' species are a very severe nuisance and danger to human life.
edit on 25-5-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
reply to post by hp1229

There is great possibility that poachers will start killing forest rangers too then in revenge.Unnecessary violence.But you have not seen how many people leopards kill and severely maul in Dehradun and cause severe loss of livestock.

Many a times these 'endangered' species are a very severe nuisance and danger to human life.
edit on 25-5-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

You invaded "these" endangered species land and you are pissed off that they are killing you? seriously?

But enough of that, this is not about tigers and leopards coming to village and killing people, there are people who take care of that and even some villagers own gun in order to prevent that. This is about GOING into the forest and KILLING for MONEY in THEIR natural habitat.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I agree with this policy. I foresee poacher number plummeting in the future. Hopefully the tiger and the poacher can soon switch places on the endangered species list.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I think the point here is that these Tigers are endangered and they're also protected and on private land.
So if people (poachers) decide to go and trespass and then illegally kill these animals, then they themselves could well be shot and killed.

Even if not on private land, the same rules probably apply.

This isn't some choice that people have made where they are saying a Tiger is more valuable than a human, that's where people are confusing this.

There is now in place a law/statute/rule (Whatever) that says if you illegally trespass and kill these animals, then those protecting them may shoot you.
So knowing this, if poachers decide they still want to kill these Tigers, then it will be their own fault/problem if they get maimed or killed.

It's pretty simple really.

Nobody is saying shall we kill either : a) Tiger or b) Human....

That's not how this is being decided.

This is now.... if you **** with these Tigers, we will shoot you.

I think that it's a perfectly reasonable stance and as others have said, we should extend this to other areas and other endangered species.... it's about time

Tigers, Rhinos, Gorillas, Elephants..... and many others are being hunted to extinction because people make "funny medicines" and "Potions" from their body parts.

Or like the with China, the illegal Ivory trade is now stronger and bigger than ever...more and more animals dying for their tusks and horns.

I say lets get rid of some of the people... there are plenty of those left, and keep the animals.

Also for the person who said that people are hypocrites because they support this but don't have an issue with killing cattle or whatever, well that argument is just stupid.
Cattle, livestock and so on or bred for food.... the sole reason (be it right or wrong) that they are alive is for food... nobody is hunting them and decimating their numbers so much that sheep or cows are now endangered.

The argument is not the same and it's a poor choice of example really.

edit on 25/5/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

can't say so.But forest rangers being mercilessly killed in revenge will exponentially increase.Even the ranger's families might become targets.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Sorry ,have you been to Dehradun you fool?There is a sanctuary nearby and these leopards venture and kill in human territory. Stick that into your head.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

well now that is what I support.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Sorry ,have you been to Dehradun you fool?There is a sanctuary nearby and these leopards venture and kill in human territory. Stick that into your head.

Oh right, so in order to prevent that we should go into their territory and wipe out the species? great idea there. Go look at the difference between Poaching and protecting. Im sure all these nice poachers are out their risking their life for the people of the village, get your head out of the hole.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Oh right, so in order to prevent that we should go into their territory and wipe out the species? great idea there. Go look at the difference between Poaching and protecting. Im sure all these nice poachers are out their risking their life for the people of the village, get your head out of the hole.

Most poachers are poor and doing this to feed their families,unlike you ignorants who make all kinds of statements.Maybe you should come and see the poverty in India.For me,Human life is far greater than animal life.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

From New Delhi. You think like the central govt and its deluded politicans .Not a wonder that naxalites control 40% of India and there are several other liberation movements like underway.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Most poachers are poor and doing this to feed their families,unlike you ignorants who make all kinds of statements.Maybe you should come and see the poverty in India.For me,Human life is far greater than animal life.

Let them do what they do here in the US.... go rob a bank....or how about rob all the money bilking billionaires who take millions upon millions (providing IP Phone based technical support for other countries) and only pay their employees pennies per month.....let em go steal from them to feed their families.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A sound policy for a happier India. I approve. Seriously, if you're callous enough to go out and gun down endangered animals for money, you deserve everything you're getting. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No one has really got past their blood lust in this thread yet and explained how this solves the problem?
As i said in a previous post the death penalty doesn't solve anything. There is always going to be people who want money and will attempt to kill. I wouldn't be surprise if most of them are from poverty stricken area (which the majority of India is a poverty stricken area) what the hell do they care if the animal is endangered? The way they see it is they kill an animal they get money for food, medical help, school, drugs or what ever.

This site has pretty good information but the thing i found most interesting was the fact that states without the death penalty had fewer murders then the states that did.

DPS vs N-DSPS

But since i am the guy disagreeing with the majority, I must be wrong.
edit on 25-5-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
No one has really got past their blood lust in this thread yet and explained how this solves the problem?

I said why early on. You simply kill the poacher then he is of no risk of doing it again. One less problem to deal with you kill another one that's two less problems etc,etc.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

I said why early on. You simply kill the poacher then he is of no risk of doing it again. One less problem to deal with you kill another one that's two less problems etc,etc.

And as i said, that doesn't solve the problem. There will ALWAYS be another to replace him and there will be always poachers who are good at there jobs that get though and kill another animal.
Maybe if they worked on solving the underlying problem there would be no more poachers.

In fact this would make it worse because if it is any type of effective it would just push the price up thus increasing the temptation to go a bag an animal despite the risk.
Maybe if they worked on solving the underlying problem there would be no more poachers.

By the way good job at ignoring my other points.

EDIT: Instead of wasting another post on the reply below this post.
I'll say thanks for the cherry picking and ignoring the obvious.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

And as i said, that doesn't solve the problem. There will ALWAYS be another to replace him

Sure it does the specific individual cant do it again because hes dead. And as i said earlier we cant say if it wont work because we arent wiping out poachers on a large scale to deter them. You're merely working with the notion that it wont stop them because they will be replaced. While this is valid argument youre presenting it as concrete fact when we have nothing to go off of.

Originally posted by Bixxi3 and there will be always poachers who are good at there jobs that get though and kill another animal.

yes no matter what laws or punishments we have there will always be someone who gets away. And?

and what is your proposal for solving it? I'm for targeting the customers who are paying for it as wellas the poachers

edit on 25-5-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

People like you are the reason I have more respect for animals then I do for some people. Now.....If you have the ability to look at the areas where these tigers are being poached you would clearly see that there is a bounty of legal game! That they can "Feed their familes" with.

Also Their is so much poverty in India because it is overpoplulated, saturated with humans. It would not hurt to get rid of a few low life scum bag poachers who are single handedly diminishing the life and existance of a speices to make potions and remedies for a better levito.

You are the fool sir. And your attitude twards other animals that you share a planet with SUCKS!
edit on 25-5-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join