It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian state says it's OK now to kill tiger poachers on sight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

A state in India has a novel idea of how to protect endangered tigers from poachers: Kill the poachers! The Western Indian state of Maharashtra now allows forest guards to shoot poachers on sight. They will also send more rangers into forests and offer covert payments to informers in attempts to curb the killings. India is home to nearly half of the world's tiger population, and poaching remains a serious problem there: 14 tigers have been killed this year, more than all of 2011, with eight dying in Maharashtra.

now.msn.com...

I approve of this policy. Poachers are killing endangered species just for money and nothing could be worse than that. I think this should be a universal policy in dealing with poachers. Perhaps some bounty or reward should be offered as well.

These poachers not just attack tigers but leopards peacocks and thousands of other animals just for the sake of money. There are only 3,200 Bengal tigers left in the world. Maharashtra is following in the footsteps of the state of Assam. It instituted a shoot on sight anti-poaching policy in Kaziranga National Park years ago. As a result it has the world's highest density of tigers. (S)

I'm delighted to announce:
POACHER SEASON NOW OPEN! HUNTERS WELCOME!
edit on 24-5-2012 by Ek Bharatiya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

While I do not disagree, I am sure the human rights extremists would have something to say about this.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I fully agree. They should have hunters out hunting only the poachers with a reward for their hides just like an animal. Poaching is a huge issue with me unless it is an, I need to feed my family situation. In this case it is just out of money and nothing more. So sad the things that we are going to have to do to protect mother nature from ourselves.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

In a way it's kinda strange. In large parts of Africa it is standard policy to forcibly tackle poachers. Try it in a National Park in say Zimbabwe, Botswana and probably South Africa too and they will shoot you on sight with no warning. I know because they all told me this when I visited various parks (with the exception of SA). "Do not leave the Jeep and/or the group/guide, ever."

As for human rights, what about animal rights?

+15 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I hope a market opens up for magical poacher testicles.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I absolutely agree with this. What right do we as a species have to determine the fate and survival of another entire species?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Are Poachers the same things as Politicians?
If that's the case, SWEET!!!! Let the hunting begin!!!

On a serious note, I have mixed feelings about this but I understand the endangered species being at risk by having poaches around.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well poachers think it is okay to kill unarmed animals and chop them up and sell their parts to equally stupid people who think eating lion testicles will enhance their sex life..

So I think it is okay that somebody stand up for these animals and take out said poachers. All for this.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good for India ! Lets make these poachers an endangered species

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I totally agree with this.

I believe these poachers should suffer the same fate that they have delt. It is only fair.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm gonna bag me a big poacher and frame his head on the wall.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Its open season on Poachers
Awesome. I am gonna get the biggest sniper rifle and bag me one and like the previous poster said mount them on a wall. They think hunting for sport and money is fun eh, how bout we hunt you.
edit on 023131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 24 May 2012 14:40:47 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I hope a market opens up for magical poacher testicles.

Sell 'em to the Chinese for $10,000 an oz.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
I absolutely agree with this. What right do we as a species have to determine the fate and survival of another entire species?

so executing our own species is the answer to that?
it's not these people who should be killed, but the ideas that motivate them to kill, such as money, or game shooting.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Good
Line two

Cran

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Personally I think you have a great idea right there. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Plus, I think it sends a good message to the animals that not all humans are dicks who kill for indulgence.

Personally, I've felt it should be open season on poachers for a long time.

Good for India.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

while i agree tha persons convicted of poaching should be executed - there is something missing hear ,

due process

the problem with such summary " justice " is not only that the entire irreversible process depends on what one person thinks he sees though his weapons sight

it is open to rampant abuse - shoot any-one , laberl them " a poacher " , you not only have murdered the person you want rid off - you get a reward for it too

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While I do agree with the sentiment and the intent of the law I can't support the killings of human beings. It just isn't the solution I would expect from a civilized especies.

In matters of life and death everything should be considered. What about the poacher who has no other way of feeding their family and is their sole income? Kill him, kill the whole family.

Poaching is wrong, but so is killing.
There must be other solutions imo.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

If we were a civilized species, the tigers wouldn't have a thing to worry about.

Good job India!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Since when are animals more important than humans? don't agree with the policy. they should get arrested, not shot without even being sure they were actually poaching.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join