It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian state says it's OK now to kill tiger poachers on sight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Finally ,something we agree over. The sanctity of human life.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What are they going to charge for a jackass hunting license? I'm game. I think a a nice poacher rug would really tie the living room together.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Starling

You sound like an utterly pathetic human, to me.....Poor in Spirit.

Says someone who supports killing of poachers..
Who is poor in spirit now?

Nobody deserves to die for poaching, those pathetic animals are not worth murdering people over. Or do you believe animal life is equal in value to human life? No, you dont.

Poaching needs to be eradicated, but not this way. Id rather see those species going extinct than killing humans to save them. I swear some "poor in spirit" people have made nature their god or something. I dont get it at all.

as people have asked before in here how do you conclude human life is worth more of value? Im merely playing devils advocate here mind you but im curious as to how the average joe is any more important than a beast with a nice coat. There hasnt been any argument provided

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

as people have asked before in here how do you conclude human life is worth more of value?

Well, I recognize my specieist stance is not really supported by any good arguments. The main reason is simply practical - treating animal life as if it had the same value than human life is impossible and would make the biosphere collapse.

But thats not the issue here. Almost everyone here is specieist. They have no issue with animals being slaughtered in nature and slaughterhouses by the millions, yet they want death penalty for poaching. Hypocrites all of them.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

While I do not disagree, I am sure the human rights extremists would have something to say about this.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

...and I'm sure so would the WWF wildlife extremists too.

There can be no dought these animals, are part of Nature's true beauty, in the wild.
"As long as you stay well away from them, lol"

www.worldwildlife.org...

With as few as 3,200 tigers left in the wild, Dr. Barney Long, Manager of Asian Species Conservation Programs at WWF, talks about why we must aim for zero poaching.

I dont believe shooting the poachers will stop it happening just as much. The (people in charge) need to target the buyer and sellers, and I don't mean shoot, "take away the money". Anyways, I think it would help that bit better.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

as people have asked before in here how do you conclude human life is worth more of value?

But thats not the issue here. Almost everyone here is specieist. They have no issue with animals being slaughtered in nature and slaughterhouses by the millions, yet they want death penalty for poaching. Hypocrites all of them.

Indeed your best point!!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm glad they have decided to do this.... perhaps poachers will think twice before killing these awesome animals for some kind of supposed aphrodisiac or other BS

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
is there an address i can write to to apply to be a ranger? i have grown tired of humans and would love nothing more than to be able to shoot and kill some. especially ones that kill animals for money.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So now it's better to kill humans than some #ty animals nobody cares about but their remains can bring in money to help the poorer families down there? Great. What's next? "It's OK to kill people you dislike"?

Disgusting that animals for some people become more and more important, a few years back it was only some brainwashed idiots, now it's a government

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
OK....

First of all this law is an warning to poachers(who have broken/ing countless laws because they can get away with it), its saying that if you want to poach, you risking your life as well.

2nd, this is a "NO trespassing" area, what does fit here is a human with a rifle, which is automatically poachers, then there is also rangers but they were uniforms and they track each others movements and keep communication.

3rd Poaching is not about survival of the family or feeding them(this is not hunt for food, this is hunt for money, and money only)), the poachers are just greedy and wanna make a quick buck, there are a lot of village in India that will pay for working on farms, transporting, probably even feed the workers. Heck he could hunt non endangered animals and sell the meat, i doubt he would even need a license to sell meat in villages.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Good idea. No bag limit, either.

I wish those rangers good hunting.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is the best thing i've heard all day. You've got to love it when the hunter becomes the hunted !
Is there anywhere i can order a poacher's head so i can mount it on my wall ?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Next, coming soon to a country near you: Vegans legally permitted to kill butchers, farmers and omnivores within their species on sight!

How paradigms would shatter in the most expedited of manners. One can daydream.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

pop quiz a gunman runs into your house and says who dies your loved one or your dog. what would you say??

that will give you your answer
edit on 25-5-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Good idea. No bag limit, either.

I wish those rangers good hunting.
So do I Petrus. And for the posters that call tigers pathetic, go run your bad ass up on one without your gun. In that scenario, which being is pathetic? If you kill another living being outside of self defense or food, in my eyes, you're a coward, and I don't care WHO it is.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

pop quiz a gunman runs into your house and says who dies your loved one or your dog. what would you say??

that will give you your answer

If a gunman runs into your house and you can't drop him, you won't get a choice as to who lives or dies. No offense, but that was a silly analogy.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Poach for a poach.
Eye for an eye
They should just tranquilize them and then take them into custody.
An animal life for a human life
A dangerous game these people are playing with life on earth.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Indian state says it's OK now to kill tiger poachers on sight

One word for this: GOOD.

Now add Elephant poachers to that and we're good to go.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

I too, approve of this policy!

I could understand putting a predator down if it is constantly attacking a village perhaps or a mankiller. But for poaching? I will never get behind that activity.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I fully agree. They should have hunters out hunting only the poachers with a reward for their hides just like an animal. Poaching is a huge issue with me unless it is an, I need to feed my family situation. In this case it is just out of money and nothing more. So sad the things that we are going to have to do to protect mother nature from ourselves.

Just playing devils advocate here because I agree they should be stopped BUT

Given the fact that there are sick enough people that would hunt humans for sport wont it be sad if they start hunting people and then claim they were hunting poachers. there are enough rich people in india with an inferiority complex that would pay to do this. And bribing officials is common practice in the subcontinent. I should know I lived there for 10 years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join