It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian state says it's OK now to kill tiger poachers on sight

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Since when are animals more important than humans? don't agree with the policy. they should get arrested, not shot without even being sure they were actually poaching.

I agree with the policy. Arresting a man who will likely haul arse when seen(If he doesn't shoot the arrestee first), then take him to a human court for crimes against Animals, in an already backlogged system...and out on bail or some bond due to overcrowding....nah.

See a poacher, drop a poacher..survivors will choose a different line of work.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Since when are animals more important than humans? don't agree with the policy. they should get arrested, not shot without even being sure they were actually poaching.

The same can be asked, since when are humans more important than animals? The crocodile for example is a creature humans hunt for its skin and to eat and it has been on earth millions of years longer than humans. We are the self appointed leaders of this planet, but does that mean we should be able to kill anything we want and poison our planet like we are doing?

The article said MOST poachers come out and hunt at night.. so if a group of rangers went searching at night time and found a group of armed people they didn't know it would be a safe bet these people are poaching.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Just to be clear, poaching and hunting are 2 completely different things. While I am no fan of senseless hunting, which much of it in Aftica sadly is, poaching is a far crueller thing. Rhinos who have their horn cut off with a chain saw leaving gaping wounds ripe for infection, mother elephants killed for their tusks and babies left to die alone. No, I have little sympathy for people who are only out to make a buck. They are not fighting for an existence or struggling to put food on the table, they are killing for the lucrative profits of illegal animal parts.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Excellent decision. Kill em all that dare try to poach the endangered species. Especially the chinese that pay a hefty sum for the tiger penis. Idiots.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It is sad that it has come to this, but extreme circumstances require extreme measures, and with the small numbers of rare animals left for a lot such as the Tiger or Rhino it is an extreme circumstance.
The real problem I have with this is it doesn't/won't solve the problem, you can kill as many starving villagers as u like there are countless numbers to take their place, if you want to "kill the beast" cut of the head not the hand.
This policy does nothing to stop the rich elite who are the only people who can afford to buy these products and they don't care how many dirt poor men are killed to acquire them.
How about as a world we tackle the problem head on and say any person found trafficking/selling/buying/possessing certain products is guilty of an international crime and is handed over to a national body who hands out MANDATORY lengthy jail time.
I have no problem shooting poachers, but if I was in the situation that I would guess 99% of them are in, well sorry Kitty u die now and my family lives another month.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

Obviously not everybody is civilized. But damn, I would expect society as a whole to be civilized.

Now let's keep celebrating that it's now ok to kill people. yay

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
great. Now how many people are going to be shot and killed before it is proven they were actually poaching? since when can you just release a license to kill to the public?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Since when are animals more important than humans? .

The man possibly getting shot and killed is a poacher. He contributes nothing useful to the world.Heck the average person doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things so whats the big deal if someone scum bag gets killed for hunting poor animals for their fur and such?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
At first I thought YES.
But i would be such a hypocrite and betray what i believe.we can't use murder as a punishment while at the same time condemning the act of murder.
Plus if this type of thing actually worked as a deterrence there would be no crime.

Also i think its digesting that after have time to think about it, people still posted excited at the prospect of people being killed.

Since when were humans not animals?
edit on 24-5-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

But i would be such a hypocrite and betray what i believe.we can't use murder as a punishment while at the same time condemning the act of murder.

Sure we can. One is both killing something that is often endangered and a harmless animal.

The other is killing someone whos breaking the law and killing a creature over something ridiculous.

Originally posted by Bixxi3Plus if this type of thing actually worked as a deterrence there would be no crime.

How can you say that? We dont put this form of punishment into affect on a large enough scale to see the results of it.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Your people are utterly and desperately poor and can barely feed themselves and yet indians have more concern about some pathetic wild animals. How about you people first feed and cloth your poor people.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

most animals have a lack of intelligence and their intelligence is based on instincts.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think poachers are cowards. I approve this message.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

When your family is starving and only means to make some money to feed your family is to kill some wild animals then?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If an overpopulated species endangers the existance/preservation of another "more usefull" species (that happens to be endangered), then screw the hell with the Jenewa convention! LOL

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

Your people are utterly and desperately poor and can barely feed themselves and yet indians have more concern about some pathetic wild animals. How about you people first feed and cloth your poor people.

Hey ludwig...since you didn't get the memo, I'll enlighten ya...India is a rapidly rising economic power, as a matter of fact, per capita, Indian nationals own more convenience stores and motels in the U.S., than you or anybody you know or are related to. Get off of your high horse, genius. Secondly, tigers are not some pathetic wild animal. In the grand scheme of things, YOU'RE the pathetic one. I may be wrong, but judging from your words, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild. If it wasn't for your employer ALLOWING you to work for them, I seriously doubt you could feed and cloth you and yours. Your lack of sympathy or empathy for living beings supposedly less than you, is gonna come back and hand your ass to you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

When your family is starving and only means to make some money to feed your family is to kill some wild animals then?

Are you serious?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

out of 1 billion people,50 million is the middle class.rest are poor.

Enough said.

Second, your nation is already heading for strong troubles.

news.yahoo.com/india-faces-mass-default-restructuring-devaluation-looms-125709317--sector.html

So much for the rising superpower.

I may be wrong, but judging from your words, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild. If it wasn't for your employer ALLOWING you to work for them, I seriously doubt you could feed and cloth you and yours

I am self employed.

, I doubt if you'd last a day in the wild

I am a survivalist type so what are you talking about?

edit on 25-5-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

out of 1 billion people,50 million is the middle class.rest are poor.

Enough said.

Second, your nation is already heading for strong troubles.

news.yahoo.com/india-faces-mass-default-restructuring-devaluation-looms-125709317--sector.html

So much for the rising superpower.
I'm American pal, I'm just trying to stress a point. And you're right about one thing....my country IS headed for strong troubles. You must be psychic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join