It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing Freemasons & 33 - Geometry,Astrology, or Devil Worship?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
I do not think you are being honest here, and I think you are deliberately stating something you know is false.

Freemasons are indeed very much into astrology as well as astronomy.
You know about the 23.5% angle, You know about great year, and about the 12 ages this is divided into (read: zodiacs) This is all over your architecture, symbolism and geometry.

There are no mentions of astrology in Masonic ritual nor is it referenced in the symbolism. The Zodiac is not a part of Masonic teaching or ritual. I would really like someone to point out to me where they think this occurs in the ritual.

To be honest I could care less if there were mentions to the Zodiac as I see nothing sinister about it, I just find it odd that non-Masons are trying to tell me that something is a part of the ritual when I can run all of the lodge ritual in my jurisdiction back and forth and it (the Zodiac or astrology) is never mentioned.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

Schroedinger the 3 shapes of a pyramid are a square, a circle and a triangle. The pyramids in giza "square the circle".

Manly Hall shows a color plate of Atlantis in SToaA with a giant pyramid the size of a mountain and refers to it as "the first lodge".

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I agree with that part!
I also agree with the part that a 3-d representation of a triangle is a tetrahedron.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

See my reply to Network Dude!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fightthefight

I don't think there is anything masonic in your video. Sorry to disappoint. A concert with the great Pyramids in the backdrop had to be epic so I am sorry I don't see something from the craft there. ATS is a fun place to visit and there is a HUGE amount of good information to be found here. But sadly, there is a very large amount of pure garbage here as well.

Is there an NWO? maybe, but it's not the masons. Is there satanist killing and eating babies? maybe, but it is not the masons doing it. Is there a group of like minded men who believe in a higher power and strive to make themselves and their surroundings better? Yep, and some of them are masons. If you are looking for the devil, you will certainly find him. My advise is to look for God instead. Same chances in the results, just a better outcome.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
See my reply to Network Dude!

Saw it after I posted. I understand where you are coming from but astrology, whether overt or covert, has no mention in Masonic ritual or symbolism which makes it completely irrelevant in discussion about the Zodiac and its use in Masonry.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
NetworkDude

How can you deny the astrology that is clearly used in this list of cornerstone laying ceremonies?

If you watch the entire video I posted of David Flynn and 2012 he goes into much more detail about aligning the constellations in such a way that places Virgo directly over America.

Now combine that with many references by masons of the beautiful virgin and the noted astrological implications of cornerstone ceremonies and would be inclined to deduce through rational thought that there is a fair bit of astrology in masonic ritual.

Founding Fathers, Secret Societies: Freemasons, Illuminati, Rosicrucians, and the Decoding of the Great Seal
Robert Hieronimus Ph.D.
www.amazon.com...

The Lost Symbol : Virgo/the Goddess?
21stcenturyradio.com...

The first boundary stone for the district was laid at 3:30 PM on April 15, 1791. The planet Jupiter (the planet of beneficence) was in 23 degrees of Virgo.
• The White House cornerstone was laid at noon on October 13, 1792. The moon and the Dragon’s Head (the point where the sun’s orbit intersects the moon’s orbit, also thought to be a point of beneficence) were in 23 degrees Virgo.
• The Capitol cornerstone was laid sometime in mid-afternoon -- by George Washington -- on September 18, 1793. At that time, the Sun was in 24 degrees Virgo, and Mercury and the Dragon’s Head were also in Virgo.
• The foundation stone for the Washington Monument was laid at noon on July 4, 1848. The Moon and the Dragon’s Head were in Virgo.
• The cornerstone for the Washington Monument – the ceremony for which took place when post-Civil War resumption of construction began – was laid on August 7, 1880 at 10:59 AM. The Moon, Mars and Uranus were all in Virgo. The one minute to 11 o’clock may have been a nod to the rising of Spica, the star that represents the sheaf of wheat in the constellation of Virgo.19

Freemasons have very publicly performed countless ceremonies like these all over the country at the foundations of buildings, bridges, monuments and even churches. Some Masonic historians today will downplay the esoteric symbolism in their cornerstone laying ceremonies, saying the corn stands for nourishment, the oil stands for joy, and the wine for refreshment. Ovason describes the spiritual background of the cornerstone ceremonials, tracing their origins as far back as ancient Egypt temple-building. He concludes that these ceremonies are concerned with establishing a resonance between heaven and earth. Ancient builders of cities, churches and cathedrals usually strove to establish orientations with a particular fixed star, in the belief that the cosmic powers invested in that star would empower and spiritually charge the building. In the ancient world, such rituals were designed to permit spiritual agencies to operate seminally on the material plane, something we don’t think much about today. As Ovason puts it, “A city which is laid out in such a way that it is in harmony with the heavens is a city in perpetual prayer. It is a city built on the recognition that every human activity is in need of the sanctification of the spiritual world, of which the symbol is the light of the living stars.”21

Please address this to demonstrate how this is not astrology.

Also why did all the Masons dodge my questioning of their use of the all seeing eye when I provided evidence of the fallacy of that concept.

The "all seeing eye" fits the description of Samiaza/Ouza is one eyed and an agent of Azazel.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ouza (Azza, Uzza, Semyaza, etc.) is said to be constantly falling, with one eye shut and the other open, to see his plight and suffer the more. It is said that he now hangs, head down, and is the constellation of Orion.[4]

Giza is aligned with the constellation Orion and is also a prominent figure in masonry.

Explain that.
edit on 17-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Meow meow meow meow meow

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
How can you deny the astrology that is clearly used in this list of cornerstone laying ceremonies?

Easily, by reading the ritual where there are ZERO references to astrology and the Zodiac.

To All Who Shall Witness this Ceremony Greetings:

The officers of _______________ LODGE NO. ___ (or Grand Lodge) have assembled here to lay in due and ancient Masonic form a symbolic cornerstone for (Name of Lodge or Building). From its earliest known history Master Masons have had an immemorial right to gather and dedicate Lodges, Public Buildings and memorials to our two patron saints… Saint John the Baptist and Saint John the Evangelist. By emulating their worthy example we as Master Masons do humbly dedicate and commemorate this (Name of Lodge or Building) in their honor.

I, Worshipful Master (or Grand Master) _______________, now order that the officers of _______________ LODGE NO. ____ (or Grand Lodge) assist me in the performance of this work. It is therefore my will and pleasure Brother Senior Warden that you proclaim it to the Junior Warden, and he to the Brethren and others present, that all, having due notice, may govern themselves accordingly.

Senior Warden _________________ addressed the Junior Warden, and informed him that it was the order of the Worshipful Master that this symbolic cornerstone be laid with Masonic honors.

Read the rest of it and let me know when you find all of those astrology references.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

LoL that is seriously one of your saddest attempts to dispel the clear usage of astrology principles, those of performing actions at certain times and dates based on planetary and constellational alignments, to gain favor.

The beautiful virgin in your rituals is Virgo, the one that is on the pillar for Hiram Abiff.

. . . The one weeping

You act as if you are the only initiates around . . .
edit on 17-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Pew pew gun is all it takes to swat you little flies

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

LoL that is seriously one of your saddest attempts to dispel the clear usage of astrology principles, those of performing actions at certain times and dates based on planetary and constellational alignments, to gain favor.

Uh, huh. It was sad, for you, because the actual ritual has ZERO references to astrology.

The beautiful virgin in your rituals is Virgo, the one that is on the pillar for Hiram Abiff.

I think you mean the weeping virgin (signifying the unfinished state of the Temple at Hiram Abiff's murder). But you knew this, because you can actually cite the ritual. Right?

Good job editing your post, it shows that you can read the facts when they are presented.

edit on 17-6-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Oh the Devil is in the details they say . . .

If it looks like a duck and quakes like a duck it sure as fu ain't a goose.

edit on 17-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Nah nah nah boo boo we are on to you

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yawns at the dumb humans and hopes one day their ape DnA overrides their snake DnA (reptilian brain)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

I wasn't that impressed with Hieronimus's book on the Founding Fathers.

Now that established, what do you masons identify as an accepted lodge? Accepted by you? A committee? Ect . . . ? Please explain.

A Lodge must be recognized by a Grand Lodge who, themselves, are recognized by other Grand Lodges who follow the Ancient Landmarks. Each Grand Lodge has the authority to accept and recognize who they wish. Grand Lodges around the world recognize each other, but there is no central authority. It is very decentralized.

Convenient way to dispel claims against masonry by saying that such and so's lodge is not accepted and yet there is no controlling body to "accept" any lodge in reality.

Well the only Lodge that is continually thrown at us as evidence of corruption is P2 and they were never considered regular.

I do have a book though that lists out every Grand Lodge/Orient around the world that is recognized (to include the local Lodges under their jurisdiction). It's very easy to find out if a Lodge is recognized or not.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The numbered system that you are referring to is the Scottish Rite who exercises no control outside of that body. The York Rite has many degrees than that.

Here is the tree of Freemasonry:

Ask the programmers.

I had never heard of that celebration so I'll have to look into it, but I'm about to go to work.

What's Masonic about that?

What's a Masonic pyramid? How can you tell from that small image?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

If I understand you correctly, I agree with your point that astrological symbolism can be observed in Freemasonry, but only as a symbol to be contemplated not as a tool for fortune-telling or to seek an auspicious day to consecrate Lodges, lay cornerstones or initiate candidates. As Freemasons, it would be difficult to understand the minds of the ancient cultures without understanding how they imagined the Universe to be ordered. As in the example of the Aeons you discussed, can be seen as representing an era of human consciousness and how the infinite was understood. The bull of Taurus could symbolize Mithraic cult, the ram symbolizing Aries could represent Abrahamic faith of the OT, the fish, Pisces, the new faith of Christianity, and the age of Aquarius the era of humanity.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

We have an accord
That is all I am saying.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

I have seen and been a part of all the degrees in the blue lodge. I have sat as master in the fist two degrees. I have been through the Scottish Rite and even been back twice a year, every year to act out three of those degrees. I have studied the degrees of the Scottish Rite to understand their meaning. I have not seen any reference to the zodiac in any of that. Sorry.

The laying of the cornerstone. Do you know how the date for that is picked out? Someone linked with a particular building requests a masonic ceremony to lay the cornerstone. Then whichever lodge is close enough and has had experience in that ritual schedules a date where it's convenient for most so they get a good turnout. They date may change 4 of 5 times due to scheduling conflicts. How would that play into your ideas? Is it possible that the masons are doing their part by being there and whatever zodiac anomaly is coincidence?

again, I am an Aries and I HAVE to know if I will have a good day today. Please tell me. I DON"T KNOW.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
...again, I am an Aries and I HAVE to know if I will have a good day today. Please tell me. I DON"T KNOW.

Considering the beer situation I think it is a little worse than having just a bad day. Miss Cleo thinks you need to move.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

We will talk again in February. While you are shoveling your roof and I am golfing in shorts.
I may not have beer, but I still get perks!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
We will talk again in February. While you are shoveling your roof...

That actually happened in November and I should have never told you that story.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join