It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing Freemasons & 33 - Geometry,Astrology, or Devil Worship?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio
Freemason: 3rd Degree is the high grade.
Afterwards comes (if Scottish is your delight) Secret Master. Therein is taught true "Geometry."
If the first rock that they throw at you seems like such a supreme being to you that you conclude even before the fight he cannot be beat... then you are well on your way to "drawing the line"

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Originally posted by Pinocchio
Freemason: 3rd Degree is the high grade.
Afterwards comes (if Scottish is your delight) Secret Master. Therein is taught true "Geometry."
If the first rock that they throw at you seems like such a supreme being to you that you conclude even before the fight he cannot be beat... then you are well on your way to "drawing the line"

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yes, I'd say obfuscation is something I see with anti-Masons quite often.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yes, I'd say obfuscation is something I see with anti-Masons quite often.

And political science majors

and the intelligence field

It seems you would know

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

It seems you've been checking up on me.
You're right I do know one when I see it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Better the wood that would than the train to train.
-Pinocchio

Pinocchio, an apt name for a lying puppet.

What will you do when you knock on wood and no one answers?
edit on 25-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Snap, I rebuke these snitches We know the truth, you can't confuse me bitches Great name, greater than all your riches

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This one always ignites my 'suspicion' of Freemasonry . . .

William Morgan
en.wikipedia.org...

The Morgan affair

Some members of the Batavia lodge published an advertisement denouncing Morgan. Unknown individuals were reported to have tried to set fire to Miller's newspaper office.[5] A group of Masons gathered at Morgan's house claiming that he owed them money. On September 11 1826, Morgan was arrested; according to the law, he could be held in debtor's prison until the debt was paid. Learning of this, Miller went to the jail to pay the debt and finally secured Morgan's release.

A few hours later, Morgan was arrested, for a loan which a creditor claimed he had not paid, and for supposedly stealing clothing. He was jailed in Canandaigua. On the night of September 11, a man claiming to be a friend paid Morgan's debt at the jail, securing his release. The two men went to a waiting carriage, which arrived the next day at Fort Niagara.[4]

Several accounts have conflicts about what followed. The most common version is that Morgan was taken in a boat to the middle of the Niagara River and drowned, as he was never seen again.[7] In 1848 Henry L. Valance allegedly confessed to his part in the murder in a deathbed confession, recounted in chapter two of Reverend C. G. Finney's book The Character, Claims, and Practical Workings of Freemasonry (1869).[8] In October 1827, a badly decomposed body washed up on the shores of Lake Ontario. Many presumed it to be Morgan, and the remains were buried under that identification. But the clothing was positively identified as that of Timothy Monroe, a missing Canadian, by his widow.[9][10] Freemasons deny that Morgan was killed, saying that he was paid $500 to leave the country. Contemporary reports included sighting of Morgan in other countries, but none have been confirmed. Three Masons, Loton Lawon, Nicholas Chesebro and Edward Sawyer, were charged with, convicted and served sentences for the kidnapping of Morgan.[11]

Washington Times (US), "Mason fatally shot in initiation ritual", 10 March
www.washingtontimes.com...

A man was killed during a Masonic initiation
ceremony when another member fired a gun loaded with real bullets instead
of the expected blanks and shot him in the face, police said yesterday.

A 76-year-old man accused of firing the shot was charged with
manslaughter.

William James, 47, was shot while participating in an induction Monday
night at the Southside Masonic Lodge, Suffolk County police said. He was
pronounced dead at the scene.

Detective Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick said the ritual that went "tragically
wrong" involves making a loud noise to frighten the new member.

"The ceremony was designed to create a state of anxiety," he said.

The lieutenant said the Masons had sat Mr. James in a chair and placed
cans on a small platform around his head.

The man accused of shooting, Albert Eid, had been standing about 20
feet away holding a gun, Lt. Fitzpatrick said at a news conference. When
the gun was fired, a man who had been holding a stick out of sight was
supposed to knock the cans off the platform to make the inductee think he
had been struck by bullets.

Mr. Eid had two guns — one with blanks and one with real bullets — and
apparently pulled the wrong one out of his pocket and fired, shooting Mr.
James in the face, the lieutenant said.

It seems as though this lodge was successfully infiltrated by those with cross purposes . . .

Possibly a higher initiation was taking place at the expense of a fool's life . . .

or it was all just an accident.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
And of course there is the tragic case of;

Michael Brea
www.nydailynews.com...

An unhinged actor Thursday calmly described hacking his beloved mother to death with a sword because he believed a demon had taken hold of her soul.

"I didn't kill her. I killed the demon inside her," Michael Brea said in a chilling hourlong interview with the Daily News in the prison ward at Bellevue Hospital.

. . .

Speaking with white-hot intensity and unflinching confidence, Brea described a shadowy descent into a world filled with Masonic symbolism and black magic beginning late Sunday when he snapped awake.

. . .

"I said, 'God, is my time on earth over?' I heard a voice say, 'Yes Michael, today is your last day.' I asked if I could say goodbye to my family."

The 31-year-old Brea said he told no one about the dream, but the following afternoon, he said he received another sign while at the Prince Hall Masonic Temple in Harlem, which he'd joined a week earlier.

There, he said, a man approached and tried to put a curse on him.

"[He] kept trying to put something in my hand but wouldn't show it to me. I kept opening my hand. It was a Freemason pin. I wouldn't touch it," Brea said.

Felt like Neo from 'The Matrix'

He began feeling ill and left, and while riding the train back to Brooklyn, he said, strangers began speaking to him about his mother.

. . .

When he returned to the family's Prospect Heights apartment, the bit-part actor who once appeared on "Ugly Betty," hugged his mother, a God-fearing Haitian immigrant with whom relatives say he had long been very close.

. . .

He went to his room and lit candles, placed a dagger and a 3-foot ceremonial Freemason sword by his side.

Investigators said he had stolen the sword from the Masonic lodge, but Brea insisted his father had given it to him when he was a child.

Masonry: Beyond the Light
www.amazon.com...=1024857990/ref=sr_11_0_1/104-5230016-%204136764

In his book Masonry "Beyond the Light", William Schnoebelen (now a saved Christian) talks about his experiences as first a Satanist and then a Mason who passed through nearly all the Mason Degrees, including some that American Masons are unaware of; such as degrees in Masonry like the Egyptian rites of Masonry and the Paladin.

During his initiation into Palladium Masonry William sadly admits to standing with Masons, some who were also Satanists and chanting; "Glory and Love for Lucifer! Hatred! Hatred! Hatred! to God accursed! accursed! accursed!". He says that hashish provides some of their 'illumination', taking after the 1st 'Illuminati' 18th century Mason Adam Weishaupt.

During the Palladium 'program' William tells how Masons promised to surrender themselves body and soul to Lucifer, usually for 7 years, and Lucifer promised to grant them all their worldly desires.

Through drugs and occult William says that they practiced opening the 'Third Eye' which when opened completely flooded their brains with the 'pure' consciousness of Lucifer himself--which is Satan's counterfeit of the Christian's 'being born again'. He says one would then look at the world and people as Satan does.

Masons remind me of the replicants in Bladerunner and that to trick the policing agents they are implanted with false knowledge to trick themselves into believing they are human.

Ps

To whom it may concern in this thread, I had the most telling experience yesterday . . . doubtful it went as well as hoped

edit on 25-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Non Serviam

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The Morgan Affair is a mysterious one as nobody actually knows what happened to this guy. Regardless to if any Masons in the area were guilty or not, the court of public opinion dragged the Masonic reputation through the dirt and in many areas Freemasonry disappeared for decades.

Your second story, the man was not killed in a Masonic initation. It was a little side club, but not recognized by the Grand Lodge. It was a stupid little club that used some hazing to "bond". It backfired (horrible pun) and now many of them have been expelled, and some faced criminal persecution.

Your first story is a tragic one, but has nothing to do with Freemasonry. His membership is irrelevant.

I could hardly believe a word from the man who says he was a mason, mormon, catholic, vampire, witch, and whatever else at the same time. The guy tries to pad his "resume" to give him more credibility to his sheep so he can further slander us.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

In the last video I forced myself to watch, I thought Rev. William "Bill" James Schnoebelen look like a proctor at Hogwarth's! However, he is a Muggins.
edit on 26-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by KSigMason

In the last video I forced myself to watch, I thought Rev. William "Bill" James Schnoebelen look like a proctor at Hogwarth's!

If it makes you feel any better I thought this chap images.wikia.com... looked suspiciously like an ill groomed Albert Pike the first time I opened my mind to such garbage.
edit on 26-6-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

If you believe what Bill Shenobelen has to say, you deserve everything you get.
vampire, Catholic Priest, hard core Satanist, born again Christian, all at the same time.
Just no.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

If you believe what Bill Shenobelen has to say, you deserve everything you get.
vampire, Catholic Priest, hard core Satanist, born again Christian, all at the same time.
Just no.

Well Mormonism does have significant ties in its inception to Masonry.

Mormonism and Freemasonry
en.wikipedia.org...

Historical connections

A significant numbers of leaders in the early Latter Day Saint movement were Masons prior to their involvement in the movement. Notable examples include Brigham Young, Heber C. Kimball, John C. Bennett, Hyrum Smith and Joseph Smith, Sr.

In the early 1840s a Masonic Lodge was formed by LDS Church members who were Freemasons. Joseph Smith, Jr. and his brother Hyrum became members of the newly formed Nauvoo lodge. It appears that John C. Bennett had a particularly strong influence in the spread of Freemasonry, and soon over 1,500 Mormon men in the city of Nauvoo were practicing Masons. LDS historian Reed Durham writes:

"By 1840, John Cook Bennett, a former active leader in Masonry had arrived in Commerce and rapidly exerted his persuasive leadership in all facets of the Church, including Mormon Masonry. ... Joseph and Sidney [Rigdon] were inducted into formal Masonry ... on the same day..." being made "Masons on Sight" by the Illinois Grandmaster.("Is There No Help for the Widow's Son?" by Dr. Reed C. Durham, Jr., as printed in "Joseph Smith and Masonry: No Help for the Widow's Son", Martin Pub. Co., Nauvoo, Ill., 1980, p. 17.) (This freed Joseph from having to complete the ritual and memorization necessary to work one's way through the first three degrees.) Making one "A Mason on Sight" is generally reserved as an honor and is a rarity in occurrence.

In 1842 Smith became a Master Mason, as indicated by in the History of the Church:

Tuesday, [March] 15. — I officiated as grand chaplain at the installation of the Nauvoo Lodge of Free Masons, at the Grove near the Temple. Grand Master Jonas, of Columbus, being present, a large number of people assembled on the occasion. The day was exceedingly fine; all things were done in order, and universal satisfaction was manifested. In the evening I received the first degree in Freemasonry in the Nauvoo Lodge, assembled in my general business office. (History of the Church, by Joseph Smith, Deseret Book, 1978, Vol.4, Ch.32, p.550-1)

Joseph Smith was raised to the third degree of master mason "on sight" by Grand Master Jonas of the Grand Lodge of Illinois. This was fully within Jonas' right of office, but was a fairly rare procedure.[1]

Wednesday, March 16. — I was with the Masonic Lodge and rose to the sublime degree. (History of the Church, Vol.4, Ch.32, p.552)

In The Mormon Church and Freemasonry (2001), Terry Chateau writes:

[The Joseph Smith family] was a Masonic family which lived by and practiced the estimable and admirable tenets of Freemasonry. The father, Joseph Smith, Sr., was a documented member in upstate New York. He was raised to the degree of Master Mason on May 7, 1818 in Ontario Lodge No. 23 of Canandaigua, New York. An older son, Hyrum Smith, was a member of Mount Moriah Lodge No. 112, Palmyra New York.

It should be noted that Hyrum Smith was not only Joseph's older brother, but succeeded their father as Patriarch to the Church and Oliver Cowdery as assistant president of the Church (they were the only two men who held this office) and was always closely relied on by Joseph Smith.

Problems arose concerning the special dispensation granted to the Nauvoo Lodge, brought by Bodley Lodge No. 1, and on August 11, 1842 the special dispensation was suspended by the Grand Master until the annual Communication of the Illinois Grand Lodge[2] "During the short period covering its activities, this Lodge initiated 286 candidates and raised almost as many. John C. Bennett reports an instance in which sixty-three persons were elected on a single ballot."[2] This suspension was later lifted and the Mormon Lodges resumed work although several irregularities in their practice were noted. The irregularities centered on mass balloting (voting on more than one candidate at a time) and not requiring proficiency in each degree before proceeding to the next degree (in many cases, initiates were being passed to the Fellowcraft degree and raised to the Master Mason degree within two days of being initiated as an Entered Apprentice).[2] In 1844, the Mormon Lodges (of which there were five at that time) were ordered to cease work by the Grand Lodge,[3] although they ignored the order and continued to function as clandestine lodges until Smith's death.

continued . . .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Mormons and Masons - Being Both
www.salamandersociety.com...

Occultic and Masonic Influence in Early Mormonism
mit.irr.org...

Mormonism's Link to Occultism

Both Joseph Smith and his father were involved in the occult practice known as "money digging." This involved special rituals and ceremonies which were performed for the purpose of obtaining buried treasure thought to be guarded by evil spirits. Accounts of money digging during the late 1700s and early 1800s are documented in Alan Taylor's article "Treasure Seeking in the American Northeast, 1780-1830", published in American Quarterly, 38 [Spring 1986], pp. 6-34. This article specifically mentions Joseph Smith, Sr., and Jr., on pages 10-12, giving examples of their money digging activities. LDS seminary teacher Grant Palmer also documents the Smith family's occult beliefs and practices, as well as those of their close associates, in his book An Insider's View of Mormon Origins, (SLC, Signature Books, 2002, pp. 175-195).

Joseph's Involvement in Occultism. Joseph Smith, Jr.'s role in the quest for treasure was especially important since he had a seer stone. Joseph would place this small, special rock in his hat then pull the hat up to his face to block out all light. By doing this he claimed he could see supernaturally, and would help those who were digging by locating the place where the treasure was buried and observing the spirits that were guarding it. Joseph Jr., himself admitted to being a money digger, though he said it was never very profitable for him (History of the Church, V. 3, p. 29). He and his father's money digging continued until at least 1826. On March 20th of that year Joseph was arrested, brought before a judge, and charged with being a "glass-looker" and a disorderly person. The laws at that time had what was known as the "Vagrant Act." It defined a disorderly person as one who pretended to have skill in the areas of palmistry, telling fortunes or discovering where lost goods might be found. According to court records Justice Neely determined that Joseph was guilty, though no penalty was administered, quite possibly because this was a first offense (Inventing Mormonism, Marquardt and Walters, SLC: Signature Books, 1994, pp. 74-75).

Occultism and the Start of Mormonism. Shortly after this Joseph discontinued money digging but kept his seer stone. It was with the seer stone that he claimed to both find the plates and later produce the Book of Mormon. This was known by early converts but has since been replaced with later accounts of an angelic visitor. This transition was aided by downplaying the fact that Moroni was a dead Indian warrior, and by referring to him as an angel. Former BYU professor and historian D. Michael Quinn writes:

During this period from 1827 to 1830, Joseph Smith abandoned the company of his former money-digging associates, but continued to use for religious purposes the brown seer stone he had previously employed in the treasure quest. His most intensive and productive use of the seer stone was in the translation of the Book of Mormon. But he also dictated several revelations to his associates through the stone (Early Mormonism and the Magic World View, D. Michael Quinn, Signature Books, SLC, 1987, p. 143.

This fact is supported by LDS author Richard S. Van Wagoner who found,

This stone, still retained by the First Presidency of the LDS Church, was the vehicle through which the golden plates were discovered and the medium through which their interpretation came (Sidney Rigdon: A Portrait of Religious Excess, Signature Books, SLC, 1994, p. 57).

Thus we see that historians have documented a continuity between Joseph's early occultic practices and the origins of Mormonism. This link extends to the development of the LDS Temple ceremony.

So far it seems Masonry has a common link to all those things mentioned.

Interesting.

One a side note I am curious whether Saturn is connected to the ouroboros as a master of time.

A cube is clearly created in the 3 dimensional mandala of the six pointed star and compass square of Masonry, the hexagram on the pole of Saturn, major corporate labels such as Nike/ Enron/ Chevron, etc . . .

By the square you know.

Care to provide any helpful hints?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

yes Mormonism from what I know, uses some of the same ritual as the founder of the Mormon church was a Freemason. I have heard they try to keep their ritual secret as well.
But not being a Mormon, I cannot speak with any authority on the matter, nor would I speak evil of their religion out of pure ignorance.

edit to add:
I do always like when the authour of an article shows his ignorance right off the bat by using "occultism" as if it was an evil thing. It helps to set a state of mind for the read.

edit on 26-6-2012 by network dude because: Occult means hidden, not demon possessed. Bwahahahaha!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

yes Mormonism from what I know, uses some of the same ritual as the founder of the Mormon church was a Freemason. I have heard they try to keep their ritual secret as well.
But not being a Mormon, I cannot speak with any authority on the matter, nor would I speak evil of their religion out of pure ignorance.

edit to add:
I do always like when the authour of an article shows his ignorance right off the bat by using "occultism" as if it was an evil thing. It helps to set a state of mind for the read.

edit on 26-6-2012 by network dude because: Occult means hidden, not demon possessed. Bwahahahaha!

Agreed on the demonization of occultism.

Now anything to offer on Saturn and that old serpent?

The best I have come across so far is the serpent eating its own tail and Uranus (astrologically shares space with Saturn) eating his own children, however that is a clearly too weak a correlation to go off of.
edit on 26-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 528hz

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No, I am sorry, I have no knowledge of what meaning Saturn has, other than I have been told by anti-masons that it means Lucifer. But then again, everything means Lucifer to some of these folks. The Snake eating his tail has meaning in some groups, but I am not aware of it's use in masonry.

I am more into the philosophical side of masonry, while some may be more into the symbolism. I do love old architecture and like to see the hidden masonic references in it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No, I am sorry, I have no knowledge of what meaning Saturn has, other than I have been told by anti-masons that it means Lucifer. But then again, everything means Lucifer to some of these folks. The Snake eating his tail has meaning in some groups, but I am not aware of it's use in masonry.

I am more into the philosophical side of masonry, while some may be more into the symbolism. I do love old architecture and like to see the hidden masonic references in it.

LoL yes to many anti-masons Lucifer has any meaning that is convenient for putting you all down.

Saturn is actually connected with sign Capricorn and in the painting First fruits of the Earth offered to Saturn and is seen holding the ouroboros. As the myth goes Saturn brought about the golden age (atlantis?) when he rebelled against his father Uranus and with a scythe (angel of death) severed his genetalia (stealing of the generative force) which brought about the morning star (venus - possibly lucifer).

The capricorn is what got my attention for its sign comes from the tale of Typhon (en.wikipedia.org...) pursuing Pan ( en.wikipedia.org...) into the seas and the parts which submerged in the waters became that of the fish/sea serpents. Pan is the son of Dionysus the drunk aspect of, lets use occultism to side step the masonic implications.

This brings in the associations of Zeus, Son of Cronos (Saturn) being raised by a goat, Capricorn. This also ties in with Babylonian myth as the sea-goat (Ea) and even Gilgamesh as the symbols of Enki were a goat and a fish. One common symbolism of this is the tower of Babylon rising from the waters which opens whole new dimensions to the origins of the gods of antiquity (that is if one views them from an Judeo-Christian view point).

The Constellation of Capricorn has also been called the ‘Pather of Light’ and 15,000 years ago, the Sun was at this point on the summer solstice, dating the history of the mythology of this Constellation back 15,000 years. During that time goatskins were sacred and the Goat Fish was recognised in almost every ancient civilisation. He was known as such things as ‘He of the vast intellect’, ‘Lord of the Sacred Eye’ and ‘God of Wisdom’.
( www.forecasters.co.nz... ) This provides links to an"All Seeing Eye"

The Constellation of Capricorn was also known as the ‘House of Death’, as the Sun moves into the Constellation of Capricorn on the winter solstice and into its darkest and lowest point of the year. This is yet another association with that Angel of Death.

Do not forget that Saturn is the last of the Titan gods.

Now in later myth Prometheus stole the fire from heaven as a "gift" to mankind. This would make his a light bearer much the same as Lucifer in the Bible. More importantly though is his punishment of having his liver feasted on by an eagle. The liver is associated with the planet Saturn in old sacrificial practices.

The legend of Zeus falling in love with Europa is similar to the rise of the nephilim in the Bible as well. As David Flynn depicted Europa riding the bull (Zeus in disguise) to seduce her. Europa the daughter of the Phoenician king. Phoenicians were often called the Red-men (on account of their dyes) was a connection to the Masonic order of the red men, but lets pass on this for now for it implies a clear understanding of the origins of their 'Craft'.

Now the goat connection here to Saturn and its use in the Abraham sending the goat into the wild as mock sacrifice to samiaza along with it importance in satanism as the baphomet is intriguing.

Well now I guess I answered many of my own questions, but still am curious about that ouroboros which Saturn the lord of Time is holding. Perhaps it has to do with Saturn being the lord of time and ouroboros being time itself?

Really makes you think what the whole system is really about.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well Joseph Smith was a Freemason and he did borrow (stole, depending on who you talk to) a lot from Freemasonry to apply to his new religion.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The "all seeing eye" fits the description of Samiaza/Ouza is one eyed and an agent of Azazel.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ouza (Azza, Uzza, Semyaza, etc.) is said to be constantly falling, with one eye shut and the other open, to see his plight and suffer the more. It is said that he now hangs, head down, and is the constellation of Orion.[4]

Giza is aligned with the constellation Orion and is also a prominent figure in masonry.

Explain that.
edit on 17-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Meow meow meow meow meow

Hello FBB. First off let me say though I disagree with much of what your saying I find you have been saying your opinions in a respectful manner without resorting to ad hominem. You seem like one who geniunely wishes to learn and has a level of concern without bringing it to the levels of paranoia and borderline mental illness. I have immense respect for you although I personally feel some of your information presented and source material is misguided.

I want to address your statement above about Ouza. What is being described on the wikipedia article is based on obscure rabbinistic sources and describes Ouza's punishment for rebellion agaisnt God. It is not a "description" of him as your post suggests, but more a description of his punishment. I fail to see how the all seeing eye has its origins in Ouza's punishment of having one eye shut and one open, given that it can easily be traced back to the eye of horus/wadjet or the third eye of shiva, especially seeing as how nothing you have mentioned implies that Ouza's open eye is all seeing, the only thing it sees is his fall, which furthers his suffering, according to the legend. Furthermore I fail to see how it ties to lucifer, as I've found nothing, masonic or otherwise, that directly or even indirectly points to the eye of providence as being representative of lucifer. I'm not saying you are implying that, I am merely making a statement.

Also, orion has its place in a multitude of different cultures based in areas where it was easily observable. It is a constellation that looks easily like a person without having to use very much imagination, so mythos and symbolism that revolves around orion in early civilizations such as the egyptians, pagans, babylonians, hebrews, arabs, and even native americans is no surprise, and it is a stretch to say the least to imply that masons purposefully adopted both orion and the all seeing eye based upon the punishment and the place of punishment of a relatively obscure apocryphal figure.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join