It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing Freemasons & 33 - Geometry,Astrology, or Devil Worship?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

This might be one of the odd occasions where astronomy and astrology could be held as similar…

Astronomy

Is that sublime science which inspires the contemplative mind to soar aloft and read the wisdom, strength and beauty of the great Creator in the heavens. [How nobly eloquent of the Deity is the celestial hemisphere!--spangled with the most magnificent heralds of His infinite glory! They speak to the whole universe; for there is neither speech so barbarous but their language is understood, nor nations so distant but their voices are heard among them.

The heavens proclaim the glory of God;
The firmament declareth the works of his hands."
Assisted by Astronomy, we ascertain the laws which govern the heavenly bodies, and by which their motions are directed; investigate the power by which they circulate in their orbs, discover their size, determine their distance, explain their various phenomena, and correct the fallacy of the senses by the light of truth.]

The fifth of these sciences, Geometry, is deemed principally essential in Masonry.

By it the architect is enabled to construct his plans and execute his de-signs; the general, to arrange his soldiers; the engineer to mark out grounds for encampments; the geographer to give us the dimensions of the world, and all things therein contained; to delineate the extent of seas, and specify the divisions of empires, kingdoms and provinces. By it, also the astronomer is enabled to make his observations, and to fix the durations of times and seasons, years and cycles. In fine, Geometry is the foundation of architecture and the root of mathematics.

This form the Fellowcraft section of the Monitor of the Lodge.

I would say Bro. Pike when referring to the zodiac is doing so morso for its time-keeping / calendar attributes than for any horoscope foolishness that one currently ascribes to astrology.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
reply to post by no1smootha

This might be one of the odd occasions where astronomy and astrology could be held as similar…

Astronomy

Is that sublime science which inspires the contemplative mind to soar aloft and read the wisdom, strength and beauty of the great Creator in the heavens. [How nobly eloquent of the Deity is the celestial hemisphere!--spangled with the most magnificent heralds of His infinite glory! They speak to the whole universe; for there is neither speech so barbarous but their language is understood, nor nations so distant but their voices are heard among them.

The heavens proclaim the glory of God;
The firmament declareth the works of his hands."
Assisted by Astronomy, we ascertain the laws which govern the heavenly bodies, and by which their motions are directed; investigate the power by which they circulate in their orbs, discover their size, determine their distance, explain their various phenomena, and correct the fallacy of the senses by the light of truth.]

The fifth of these sciences, Geometry, is deemed principally essential in Masonry.

By it the architect is enabled to construct his plans and execute his de-signs; the general, to arrange his soldiers; the engineer to mark out grounds for encampments; the geographer to give us the dimensions of the world, and all things therein contained; to delineate the extent of seas, and specify the divisions of empires, kingdoms and provinces. By it, also the astronomer is enabled to make his observations, and to fix the durations of times and seasons, years and cycles. In fine, Geometry is the foundation of architecture and the root of mathematics.

This form the Fellowcraft section of the Monitor of the Lodge.

I would say Bro. Pike when referring to the zodiac is doing so morso for its time-keeping / calendar attributes than for any horoscope foolishness that one currently ascribes to astrology.

...and I would agree. Symbolic of the Universe and the passage of time.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlbertPike

Astronomy and astrology (Zodiac), as alleged by the other poster, are not the same thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
SO MOTE IT BE. *gavel*

You guys are ridiculous. You denied freemasons have anything to do with astrology, then were shown your own doctrine, then back tracked with the old "That's a different rite" excuse. Anyone with even a passing interest in the occult/free masonry knows that masonic imagery and literature is rife with astrological symbols, correlations, etc. Yes... ASTROLOGY. I thought masons weren't allowed to lie? Or is that rule only applied to fellow masons and not the "profane"?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

We are talking about that astronomy and astrology being different. You should keep up with the discussion.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
...which is primarily about the 2012 phenomena and goes into detail how much of Freemasonry is based on astrology...

There is nothing in Masonic ritual or symbolism that deals with astrology, let alone 2012. That is like saying Masonry dealt with the Y2K nonsense as well.

Sorry, my mistake

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

You do know that Astronomy and Astrology are different, right?

Just want to make that crystal clear.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
...which is primarily about the 2012 phenomena and goes into detail how much of Freemasonry is based on astrology...

There is nothing in Masonic ritual or symbolism that deals with astrology, let alone 2012. That is like saying Masonry dealt with the Y2K nonsense as well.

No! I didn't! Thank's for "illuminating" me!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
Hold on! At the end of the first video, the presenter says that 33 1/3 multiplied by 60 equals 2012 but it doesn't, it equals 2000 so that's just a blatant lie. I found the rest of the first video interesting, too bad the guy just lost major credibility with me.

Did you calculate 33.33'33" Degrees.Minutes.Seconds?
Or did you only calculate 33.33 Degrees.Minutes?

Cause if you look at an online longitude/latitude distance calculator, you'd quickly realize the 33 seconds make up the difference between 2000 and 2012 nautical miles.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Anyone with even a passing interest in the occult/free masonry knows that masonic imagery and literature is rife with astrological symbols, correlations, etc.

Good, start with listing parts of the ritual with Astrology, particularly the Zodiac as alleged by the other poster.

I am still waiting for him/her to do this, maybe you can find something in the interim.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Anyone with even a passing interest in the occult/free masonry knows that masonic imagery and literature is rife with astrological symbols, correlations, etc.

Good, start with listing parts of the ritual with Astrology, particularly the Zodiac as alleged by the other poster.

I am still waiting for him/her to do this, maybe you can find something in the interim.

You are being intentionally facetious. You know as well as I do (if not better) that the Zodiac plays a predominant role in masonic imagery and concepts. Are you honestly going to tell me you don't know the correlation between the tribes of Israel and the Zodiac? I'm guessing you do, but wont admit it. I fail to see why you would take such an adamant and deceptive stance on something as trivial as Astrology. Perhaps it's not so trivial after all?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I don't claim to be as knowledgeable as my brethren here, but I don't remember any zodiac symbolism in any of the 32 degrees I have seen or been a part of. If I am missing something, please point it out. I would love to learn something I missed.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The Secret Architecture of our Nations Capital - the masons and the building of washington DC
David Ovason

Foreward
In this fascinating and well researched book, David Ovason presents the remarkable thesis that DC is a city of the stars. He demonstrates that there are over 30 zodiacs in the city, and that the majority of them are oriented in a meaningful way.

. . .

This discovery parallels the recent finding in Egypt that the three great pyramids correspond to the three stars in Orions belt while the nile river occupies the relative same position as the milky way.

pg 10
. . . what is it about Washington D.C., that in 200 hundred years of colorful history, has made it the focus of zodiac builders, and, so far as arcane lapidary are concerned, the richest city in the world?

(on the founding of the federal city and the ceremonial laying of the stone, after the tradition of Romulus and Remus)

pg 49
according to the published report, the group - consisting mainly of masons - had met at 3 pm. They drank a toast, and then proceeded to Jones Point,where the stone was to be laid . . . At exactly 3:30 p.m., Jupiter the most beneficial planet in the skies, began to rise over the horizon. It was in 23 degrees Vrigo (the virgin) . . . By this means, the zodiacal power of Virgo, which was called later in Masonic circles "the beautiful virgin," was able to stamp her benign influence on the founding of the federal city.

Founding Fathers, Secret Societies: Freemasons, Illuminati, Rosicrucians, and the Decoding of the Great Seal
Robert Hieronimus Ph.D.
www.amazon.com...

The Lost Symbol : Virgo/the Goddess?
21stcenturyradio.com...
Hieronimus and Co

The first boundary stone for the district was laid at 3:30 PM on April 15, 1791. The planet Jupiter (the planet of beneficence) was in 23 degrees of Virgo.
• The White House cornerstone was laid at noon on October 13, 1792. The moon and the Dragon’s Head (the point where the sun’s orbit intersects the moon’s orbit, also thought to be a point of beneficence) were in 23 degrees Virgo.
• The Capitol cornerstone was laid sometime in mid-afternoon -- by George Washington -- on September 18, 1793. At that time, the Sun was in 24 degrees Virgo, and Mercury and the Dragon’s Head were also in Virgo.
• The foundation stone for the Washington Monument was laid at noon on July 4, 1848. The Moon and the Dragon’s Head were in Virgo.
• The cornerstone for the Washington Monument – the ceremony for which took place when post-Civil War resumption of construction began – was laid on August 7, 1880 at 10:59 AM. The Moon, Mars and Uranus were all in Virgo. The one minute to 11 o’clock may have been a nod to the rising of Spica, the star that represents the sheaf of wheat in the constellation of Virgo.19

Freemasons have very publicly performed countless ceremonies like these all over the country at the foundations of buildings, bridges, monuments and even churches. Some Masonic historians today will downplay the esoteric symbolism in their cornerstone laying ceremonies, saying the corn stands for nourishment, the oil stands for joy, and the wine for refreshment. Ovason describes the spiritual background of the cornerstone ceremonials, tracing their origins as far back as ancient Egypt temple-building. He concludes that these ceremonies are concerned with establishing a resonance between heaven and earth. Ancient builders of cities, churches and cathedrals usually strove to establish orientations with a particular fixed star, in the belief that the cosmic powers invested in that star would empower and spiritually charge the building. In the ancient world, such rituals were designed to permit spiritual agencies to operate seminally on the material plane, something we don’t think much about today. As Ovason puts it, “A city which is laid out in such a way that it is in harmony with the heavens is a city in perpetual prayer. It is a city built on the recognition that every human activity is in need of the sanctification of the spiritual world, of which the symbol is the light of the living stars.”21

I don't want to type the entire book and so merely chose a few sections which add to what was explained earlier.

Note
Romulus and Remus are the constellation Gemini which was directly above the dog star Sirius with the milky way in between which provides the mythological tale of the twins being raised by a wolf, suckling on her milk.

If you watch the entire video I posted of David Flynn and 2012 he goes into much more detail about aligning the constellations in such a way that places Virgo directly over America.

Now combine that with many references by masons of the beautiful virgin and the noted astrological implications of cornerstone ceremonies and would be inclined to deduce through rational thought that there is indeed a connection between masons and astrology.

Now that established, what do you masons identify as an accepted lodge? Accepted by you? A committee? Ect . . . ? Please explain.

Now I do know that masonic tradition employs the inductee playing the "fool" which is derived from moros ion aramaic and translates to one of poor character/morals and does not involve the intellect of the individual.

How do you interpret that in the 'accepted' branches of masonry as opposed to the outcasts?

Bismillah
edit on 16-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Continuing

Look to the East! A Ritual of the First Three Degrees of Freemasonry
www.amazon.com...

Speaking of Hiram Abiff

And masonic tradition informs us that there was a marble column erected to his memory, upon which was delineated a beautiful virgin weeping

York Rite
en.wikipedia.org...

The York Rite or American Rite is one of several Rites of the worldwide fraternity known as Freemasonry. The York Rite specifically is a collection of separate Masonic Bodies and associated Degrees that would otherwise operate independently. The three primary bodies in the York Rite are the Chapter of Royal Arch Masons, Council of Royal & Select Masters or Council of Cryptic Masons, and the Knights Templar, each of which are governed independently but are all considered to be a part of the York Rite. There are also other organizations that are considered to be directly associated with the York Rite, or require York Rite membership to join such as the York Rite Sovereign College but in general the York Rite is considered to be made up of the aforementioned three. The Rite's name is derived from the city of York, where, according to a Masonic legend, the first meetings of Masons in England took place, although only the lectures of the York Rite Sovereign College make reference to that legend.

The York Rite is one of the appendant bodies of Freemasonry that a Master Mason may join to further his knowledge of Freemasonry. But the York Rite is not found as a single system world wide, and outside of the York Rite there are often significant differences in ritual, as well as organization. However in most cases provided that the Grand Body in question regards the parent "Craft" jurisdiction as regular, each distinct Order has recognised fraternal inter-relations with the respective Grand Body within the York system.

. . .

Since the York Rite is actually a grouping of separate organizations joined in order, each body operates with relative autonomy. And though they are referred to as one rite it is common for individuals to be member of some bodies and not others. For example in many jurisdictions Cryptic Masonry can be skipped allowing the person to be a member of just the Royal Arch and Knights Templar. It is also common for non-Christians to join only the Royal Arch and Council of Royal & Select Masters as the Knights Templar require members to be of the Christian faith. But no matter what the Royal Arch is always required and membership in that body must be kept in order to maintain membership in the other two bodies.

Scottish Rite
en.wikipedia.org...

The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry (the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction in the United States often omits the and), commonly known as simply the Scottish Rite, is one of several Rites of the worldwide fraternity known as Freemasonry.

The thirty-three degrees of the Scottish Rite are conferred by several controlling bodies. The first of these is the Craft Lodge which confers the Entered Apprentice, Fellowcraft, and Master Mason degrees. Craft lodges operate under the authority of Grand Lodges, not the Scottish Rite. Although most lodges throughout the English-speaking world do not confer the Scottish Rite versions of the first three degrees, there are a handful of lodges in New Orleans and in several other major cities that have traditionally conferred the Scottish Rite version of these degrees.[1][2]

The Scottish Rite is one of the appendant bodies of Freemasonry that a Master Mason may join for further exposure to the principles of Freemasonry. In England and some other countries, while the Scottish Rite is not accorded official recognition by the Grand Lodge, there is no prohibition against a Freemason electing to join it. In the United States, however, the Scottish Rite is officially recognized by Grand Lodges as an extension of the degrees of Freemasonry. The Scottish Rite builds upon the ethical teachings and philosophy offered in the craft lodge, or Blue Lodge, through dramatic presentation of the individual degrees.

to be continued

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Grand Lodge
en.wikipedia.org...

A Grand Lodge, or "Grand Orient", is the usual governing body of "Craft", or "Blue Lodge", Freemasonry in a particular jurisdiction. The first Masonic Grand Lodge was established in England in 1717 as the Premier Grand Lodge of England.[1] The head of a Grand Lodge is called the Grand Master, and the other officers of the Grand Lodge prefix "Grand" to the titles of Lodge officers. Some Grand Lodges have established Provincial Grand Lodges as an organisational layer between themselves and member Lodges.

There is no central body to oversee all of the Grand Lodges in the world, and therefore, individual Grand Lodge policies and practices can and do vary, though they have a similar basic framework in common. The lack of a central authority means that Grand Lodges are held together simply by fellowship with one another.

Convenient way to dispel claims against masonry by saying that such and so's lodge is not accepted and yet there is no controlling body to "accept" any lodge in reality.

Van Morrison - Moondance

edit on 16-6-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Non Serviam

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Now that we have covered that, why not expand into the spiritual body often depicted as a plant body and its clear implication to accusations of Sun worship.

With astrology clearly factored into Masonry let us continue on to planetary spirits and intelligences and their 'potential' involvement in Masonic ritual.

Often interpreted as Elohim.

Elohim
en.wikipedia.org...

Elohim (אֱלֹהִ֔ים) is a grammatically singular or plural noun for "god" or "gods" in both modern and ancient Hebrew language. When used with singular verbs and adjectives elohim is usually singular, "god" or especially, the God. When used with plural verbs and adjectives elohim is usually plural, "gods" or "powers".[1][2] It is generally thought that Elohim is a formation from eloah, the latter being an expanded form of the Northwest Semitic noun il (אֱל, ʾēl [3]). It is usually translated as "God" in the Hebrew Bible, referring with singular verbs both to the one God of Israel, and also in a few examples to other singular pagan deities. With plural verbs the word is also used as a true plural with the meaning "gods".[3] The related nouns eloah (אלוה) and el (אֱל) are used as proper names or as generics, in which case they are interchangeable with elohim.[3]

The notion of the spirit of the Sun sent to 'spiritualize' the world.

How then can Masonry portray a single all seeing eye of God when the moon is the chalice which accepts and reflects, the two eyes?

It does provide an explanation the lunar eclipse of Jupiter as Jesus was seen by Moses as the Yahweh-Eloha (a god dwelling on the Moon) as Jesus was the Earthly manifestation/ reflection of God.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erbal

Hold on! At the end of the first video, the presenter says that 33 1/3 multiplied by 60 equals 2012 but it doesn't, it equals 2000 so that's just a blatant lie. I found the rest of the first video interesting, too bad the guy just lost major credibility with me.

Cause if you look at an online longitude/latitude distance calculator, you'd quickly realize the 33 seconds make up the difference between 2000 and 2012 nautical miles.
No they don't.

1° Latitude = 60 nautical miles. So 33° = 1980 nautical miles.
1' = 1 nautical mile. So 33' = 33 nautical miles.
1" = 1/60th of a nautical mile.

Therefore, 33°33'33" = 2035.55 nautical miles.

Your claim that "33 seconds make up the difference between 2000 and 2012 nautical miles" is complete and utter BS. 33 seconds is .55 nautical miles, not 12 nautical miles. 12 nautical miles is 12 minutes.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by Erbal

No they don't.

1° Latitude = 60 nautical miles. So 33° = 1980 nautical miles.
1' = 1 nautical mile. So 33' = 33 nautical miles.
1" = 1/60th of a nautical mile.

Therefore, 33°33'33" = 2035.55 nautical miles.

Your claim that "33 seconds make up the difference between 2000 and 2012 nautical miles" is complete and utter BS. 33 seconds is .55 nautical miles, not 12 nautical miles. 12 nautical miles is 12 minutes.

1980 (33 degrees) + 33 (33 minutes) + 0.55 (33 seconds) = 2035.55 ???
I add the 3 numbers up to get 2013.55, where exactly did you get the extra 22 nautical miles from?

All I was saying is when I checked out 33°33'33" and 33°33' in a longitude/latitude distance calculator, I saw a considerable difference, not a 0.55 nautical mile difference. Now I realize I made an input error, I had checked 33.33 (degree decimals) versus 33°33'33" (degrees, minutes, seconds) and when you do that, the difference is 14, from 2000 to 2014, which is obviously rounded up from the correct number of 2013.55. That number is certainly not the 2012.9, or the 2000 number that I responded to.

I apologize, I made an input error, obviously I am not familiar with the required format to input coords in the distance calculator.

If you are going to call complete and utter BS, perhaps you should spend the extra effort to ensure your basic arithmetic is correct.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You know as well as I do (if not better) that the Zodiac plays a predominant role in masonic imagery and concepts.

Is that so? Did you miss this?

You seem to have some sort of inside knowledge no one else is privy to. Still waiting for you to show me alleged Masonic imagery and concepts.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

EDIT2: After I reread this, I can see, that I am a bit rude, however please do not take it personal. I just have high regards of you, and I think sometimes you tend to use omission, instead of shining some truth, knowledge and light on the situation.

I do not think you are being honest here, and I think you are deliberately stating something you know is false.

Freemasons are indeed very much into astrology as well as astronomy.
You know about the 23.5% angle, You know about great year, and about the 12 ages this is divided into (read: zodiacs) This is all over your architecture, symbolism and geometry.

Age of the Bull, the Ram, the Fish, and the coming age of the Water Bearer!
Why do I know you know this, because it is used for time keeping over great distances (of time) and that is very important to you, just like sacred geometry is.

If you weren't into this, you could not use your geometry and mathematics to accurately place buildings the way you do.

Now am I saying you are into divination?
Absolutely not, that is something that was born as a bastard from true astrology, and many people are now using it to hoax people, this you have nothing to do with, as far as my research tells me.

But denying totally that astrology does not have a place at all in Freemasonry is false!

EDIT1: To add I know that modern masons try to distance themselves from astrology, claiming that astronomy only deals with observable reality, whereas astrology deals with prediction, while this is mostly true today, and in the past 2000 years, astrology does have its more legitimate side, namely; Our position in the universe/galaxy/solar system, and our passage through these "symbolic" ages.

Next thing you will say is that symbolism has no place in masonry.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Schrödinger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join