It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way too?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Never ever in my life ive had problem sleeping
# man, my friends mock me for my sleeping heart... At some times ive sleept 15-16 hours even though i got more then 8 hours of sleep the night before that... But just read in a science magazine that some people are born with a genetic diversion that makes them need to sleep 30 mins more... Maybe this is the case with me exept multiply it by 6-7!
... But this past week has been so insane, nothings changed in my everyday life... But fx i go to sleep at 02:00, lie in bed until i gets bright and then some... So around 2½-3 hours to fall asleep... Then i wake up at 7:30 so #ing tired, but my mind immidiatly starts rambling about #loads of nonsence... i would compare it too '___' (VERY MILDLY)... Flow of "input" that i cant seem too stop the first 2 mins when i wake up... Usually when i wake up i contemplate my dreams or go directly to bed again, here i barely have time too wake up and my mind starts rambling. And the stupid thing is i cant recall any of the # im thinking, i think its pure nonsence.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by Skada
Yeah, I feel like this almost every day. Some call it enlightenment, others call it craziness. (Crazy can be fixed)

The "other symptoms" are: not feeling like you belong here, you want to go "Home" but you don't know where it is (but it isn't on this planet), the way people do things is crazy or "not normal" to you. There are more, but I think it is the new normal. We are just becoming more then just our human form. Enjoy the ride, it will be bumpy.

Wow .... Totally misinformed ...

Enlightenment isn't lonliness, depression, or confusion ...

In fact, enlightenment would be the exact opposite of these things ... A complete understanding ...

You're moving backwards...

Feeling lonely and depressed about it is a phase though.

Im guessing when u have no one to talk too about this stuff in your social life... And ure doomed to puzzle about your own theorys of what is and may be during the late hours of night... It can get kinda rough sometimes... And who is to say enlightenment is only positive feelings?... IMO All feelings are just as important as the next. I mean what would be the bloody point with good without evil (in our world atleast)... Ying & Yang, Alpha And omega etc etc... What it boils down too is making the right choices, for good or evil... ure pick.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goeffy

Hey bro, ure story sounds like mine, In public school every "teacher - parent meeting" i attended they said the same thing... "Nikolaj is smart, hes just not trying"... And yeah i guess i am pretty smart (NOT A BIG EGO
)... But in public school i felt stupid, i was one of the naughty childs... Well only towards teachers and assholes... Well here is the thing in 8'th grade i moved to a new city / school then i dropped out for 6 months cause i was about to go freaking insane, i hated the school, i hated my class mates, i hated my step dad, i hated life. So faked sickness, went away in the morning only to hide in the caravan until my mom had left. Well my mom changed my school, so in 9'th grade i was back were i belonged... I still hated authorities and the teachers there.. Exept our new math teacher... Hes 1 of the 2 teachers who has ever treated me with respect. AND THAT MATTERED SO MUCH... I cant repeat this enough times... mutual respect is the most important aspect of adult/teacher - kid relationships... He got my average score in math from 5 to 7 or 8 in like 3 months... same with my bully buddies... We all got smarter... happyer with math and the simple solution was respect... he didnt label us like that other teachers did... So well my brother is under education as a teacher, and hes working with some first and second graders... So i told him everything i knew about bullys and how to treat "bullys"... And its pretty fun to hear now, how he utterly CONTROLS the bully class wich no teachers could make shutup or act normal. But he managed it through having a open heart and mutual respect... i dont know why im writing all of this... Just got inspired after reading that u hate public school. And who doesnt, its a faction that label u dumb / smart / bully instead of exploreing your posibilities... my theory is alot of the "bullys" "distracted" "adhd" "enclosure" kids is all very smart, some just come from some rough backgrounds, + they get labeled on a early age... and i mean if everybody accused you of taking the last piece of candy, wouldnt u take it then? (bad resemblence but u get the idea)...

So the 3 major BEST AWESOME SKEEMEZ of the TPTB is = getting the woman out of the home and into the working market (THEY WERE THE BACKBONE OF FAMILYS, THE MATRICIARCH)... Now theyre dumbed down from a early age to fancy make-up, mainstream culture, drinking and partying. (same goes for the boys)...

Nr. 2 is the general dumbing down of public school and lack of creativity in education.

nr. 3 The propaganda machine wich maybe makes us all feel lost and confused like the author of the thread wrote.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

Yes, I very much felt like this until recently. All year I've felt like I've just been automatically going through my daily routines without much care and as if none of it is real, waiting for something to happen later this year (not sure what that THING is though). I long for sleep, where I can go to my dream world which feels more real to me these days.

On the weekend I went to the beach and it recharged me a bit and I feel a bit more connected to this world again. Not 100% connected, I think I'm still waiting for something to happen but I'm chilled and enjoying living again.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnkie

I definitely agree with the respect thing. The reason that so many teachers and I didn't see eye to eye was because of the total lack of respect they had for me and they expected me to have respect for them in return. It's this messed up attitude that because they have some kind of power they think that nobody can tell them anything. I appreciate people that treat me like a person, like an equal. They will have my respect in a second if they don't try to pretend they are somehow better than me.

Unfortunately I think that may have been a contributing factor for why some of them got so ridiculous when dealing with me not following the rules. It wasn't a secret that was how I operated I was always the one asking questions when thing's began to get unfair. Questions threaten absolute power so they had to attempt to stomp me out and I guess it worked. I ended up leaving in the end and they probably didn't learn anything.

The difference is I won't have to live with them for the rest of my life they however will have to live with themselves and if they don't change then it won't get any less difficult for them. I wouldn't say I hate public school though I just think that very frequently it can turn into a negative place for students and I don't know how people could be expected to learn under those conditions.

That's not the only thing I disagree with about how they operate but it's not like there's no room for change with these systems. Public school works for some people. Some people like going to school. I wouldn't want to take away from their experience but for all the people it isn't appropriate for what is their option?

As far as I can see they don't really have one other than keep doing it until it's legal for you to drop out. Even when they do that what are they left with? A system that is centered around getting qualifications to get jobs. People like me get left in a void too often and not many seem to care about helping. I've had to help myself and I'm not mad at that I think it's left me prepared for the inevitable bull# in the future but it obviously has it's problems.

I might make a living rapping it's what I really want to do and I'll put my all into it but it's not guaranteed and I have literally nothing left to fall back on. No qualifications to speak of no money only my fathers failed business and it's debt. I guess there's a real chance I could end up homeless.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

Ah, you are also disconnect, in big part because of your dreams ? Are they extremely vivid, and showing you others world, with another you ? Like If you wake up in an other body ?
Because it's the way I am, being connected to 2 world : D And yes I agree, sometimes, the dream world seems critically more real than 'our' world. This connection, makes me hope that something will happen, and make my reality more than the one in my dreams.

God, it's hard to explain, and in the same time, in reading all the answers to this post, I've the feeling that we are all confuse about a thing, with an incapacity to determinate precisely what is it !
I propose to doing a list with all the symptoms of this syndrom, and name it : D (Enlightement seems to be not accept by everybody, because we have all a subjectiv poin of view, of what it should be I guess...)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
After reading this thread I have some tips for you. And LISTEN to what I'm saying.

1. If you're not meditating you're not "enlightened".
2. You are depressed from looking at this site and youtube videos too much.
3. Go out, meet some people. Just sit outside and be happy that you have the opportunity to be alive in a place where you have food/internet/a home etc. Because it feels like you people have forgot about children dying from starvation in in some parts of the world every day. Get your heads out of your behinds ffs.
4. IF YOU'RE NOT USING YOUR LIGHTBODY YOU ARE JUST DEPRESSED. I cant stress this enough. You wont be taken to another planet or be saved or anything. It's up to you to do that. And don't talk about enlightenment if no one of you after 11 pages have mentioned starvation and how the world is being raped.

You're not using your minds, you're not being logical or rational.
Just to get you on your way I will provide you with something that might change your life.

Step 1: Put some calming music with no lyrics on. Google Translucence ambient music.
Step 2: Turn all the lights out. The darker the better (You will learn to do it in the daylight later on).
Step 3: Find a position that you're comfortable in (Don't matter if you're sitting or laying down).
Step 4: Take deep breaths and exhale slowly. Feel the air, don't just breath.
Step 5: Go back in your mind and examine your life. Let your thoughts flow freely and if you end up thinking "This # don't work, f this" or "what should I eat today? Is that my cat?" or whatever. Just focus on the music and go back in your life. The point is to seek forgiveness and clean up your karma.
Step 6: When you're doing it right you will start getting thoughts "thrown" at you by your ego. Examine those thoughts, closely.

And don't think that you're special or anything, you're not. You're a human just like me, only that you seem to think that you're a little special. You're NOT.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

The only thing in your response that I don't agree with is the last bit but I understand the meaning behind it when you say no one is special. I think it's a dichotomy really, we are all special and no one is special, at the same time. As we are all children of the creator, we are a unique form of life with the abilty to manifest reality, unlike the animals we share the planet with. On the other hand, there are 7 billion people on the planet and no one of us is more precious than any other.

I hope the OP doesn't mind if I include this link to a thread I posted when the thoughts were flowing.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another thought to add...
A truth as it was revealed to me:

The most spiritual experience you will ever have is the simple act of letting go.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

If everyone is special, then special becomes normal.
Hope you understand where I'm coming from with that.
Gonna head over and read what you linked.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It would be pretty hard not to know that there are people dying of starvation across the world. Does that make any of our struggles less legitimate? Do you want us to bring up the fact that people die unfairly into every possible interaction? Just because it didn't get a mention in a thread that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it doesn't mean that people don't care and wouldn't do their best to try and help.

Who are you to talk about enlightenment? You only seem angry. We are all human that much is true but I don't think that means we aren't all special. Why not celebrate the thing's that make us different instead of brushing them off like they don't mean anything. It doesn't mean we should be selfish or arrogrant but if some like to appreciate thing's like that then I don't see the problem.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by goeffy

Punctuation's, use them. And I will use smiley faces so that you don't think I'm angry.
And I'm not angry, why would I let anyone effect how I'm feeling? That's not the smartest thing to do.

And who am I to talk about enlightenment? This line actually made me laugh.

Have fun with your "enlightenment".

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

There's no need to be petty. You came across as being somewhat angry with the people in this thread for talking about enlightenment without mentioning starving children but if you're not then that's great. I don't let people effect how I'm feeling either.

You know that's fine man. You can sidestep the issues I brought up with your comment if you want. That line that actually made you laugh was also a question that you seem to be avoiding answering. I never claimed to be enlightened but I don't think it's some magic word. It has a definition like any other I've become enlightened about some issues and I need to know more about others.

I imagine you're talking about enlightenment in a more spiritual sense though maybe I know what that means and maybe I don't but I can assure you I'm having fun just living and bettering myself and that's good enough for me.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I must admit that I haven't read a lot of posts on here yet as work is a bit manic but I will but I have to agree with some of the things the OP's mystery originator has said, I feel angry and empty a lot of the time, there is no joy left in the world for me and I prefer to spend my time sleeping if I can in fact I can't wait to get to bed most days.
I haven't had suicidal thoughts although the emotions I'm going through the missus thinks I'm depressed, and some of teh symptoms do sound a lot like it, but to be honest I think theres more to it than just that.
ANd I'm worried that IF I go to the doctors to 'talk' about it you and I know he'll try to force medicate me to help me 'get over it' (re dumb me down with tranqs and uppers).. No thanks.

Laters

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Why the hell am I here? What's the point of all this? I started asking these questions about a year ago. Before that I didn't really care about things like the nature of existence, but within the past year I have really started questioning everything, and for some reason, it has gotten much worse in the past two months or so. I've also started questioning everything that's expected of us. You know, go to college, get a job, get married, buy a house, have kids. Why? Why would anybody want to do this anymore? So you can get a degree that's useless when you can't find a job in that field and end up working part time cleaning tables in a restaurant? So you can watch your kids be indoctrinated by a school system that is intent on stripping people of their individuality and creativity in order to produce complacent little consumer drones? And spend many sleepless nights wondering how hard things are going to be for them trying to survive in the job market twenty years from now? So you can get laid off and have your house foreclosed upon?

No god damn thanks. Personally, I'd rather be dead. Even if there is no existence after death... so be it. If there is a hell, we're in it right now. Not existing at all would be better than living here. This planet is far gone, and even all you "optimists" damn well know it. Things probably aren't going to change anytime soon, so I don't really know what I'm going to do yet. All I know is that I refuse to participate in this sh**ty game and really don't want to be here anymore.

I'll safely assume that most of you probably aren't aware of a songwriter by the name of Brett Gurewitz, but he pretty much sums up the modern world in this verse and chorus:

"Automatons with business suits clinging black boxes, sequestering the blueprints of daily life. Contented, free of care, they rejoice in morning ritual, as they file like drone ant colonies to their office in the sky.

There is an inner logic, and we're taught to stay far from it. It is simple and elegant, but it's cruel and antithetic. And there's no effort to reveal it."

But to answer the OP's question. Yes. I have felt very restless lately, very irritated. I've started questioning things more than ever. I think we all need to take a look at what's going on around us and ask ourselves if it's really worth the trouble anymore.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
People, forget about enlightenment. I don't even see how that got brought up into this discussion. It is such a silly thing to argue about. What is more important than claiming a certain state of mind, is letting go of our current state of mind, no matter what it is. That is the path to enlightenment anyways, it is about letting go of everything, thus no longer being bound to the cycle of birth and death.

The OP posted about his/her feelings as of late, hoping to receive some feedback. He/she sounds depressed and or anxious about something. It is a common mistake to attribute these feelings to some exaggerated state of existence, or some "coming ascension", conspiracy stuff. When we feel low, we want to counter that with perceptions of grandeur, it is quite normal. The ego feels wounded and so it wants to make itself feel better with illusions, maybe even of transcending itself. What is most important is to not attach our identity to any of these feelings; not the bad ones nor the good ones because the 'good ones' lead to the bad ones. Just try it for a few weeks.

Anger arises, but you are not identified with the anger, now allow it to fall away.
Despair arises, but you are not identified with despair, now allow it to fall away.
Joy arises, but you are not identified with joy, now allow it to fall away.
Excitement arises, but you are not identified with excitement, now allow it to fall away.
And so on.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
People, forget about enlightenment. I don't even see how that got brought up into this discussion. It is such a silly thing to argue about. What is more important than claiming a certain state of mind, is letting go of our current state of mind, no matter what it is. That is the path to enlightenment anyways, it is about letting go of everything, thus no longer being bound to the cycle of birth and death.

thankyou energyman, you hit the nail on the head =)

Anger arises, but you are not identified with the anger, now allow it to fall away.
Despair arises, but you are not identified with despair, now allow it to fall away.
Joy arises, but you are not identified with joy, now allow it to fall away.
Excitement arises, but you are not identified with excitement, now allow it to fall away.
And so on.

i love you, wonderful human =)
edit on 23/5/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

We're not in hell yet, we're in the waiting room. "The expected wait is approximately six months". "Please take a number and have a seat and we will call you when your spot is open". "Please fill out your paperwork while you wait and sign it with blood and sweat.

You can't even get a job in hell without a long wait and you do need a college degree to get into hell now adays.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

And don't think that you're special or anything, you're not. You're a human just like me, only that you seem to think that you're a little special. You're NOT

We are not special?
Who are you to tell that with that certain?
Someone special in this subjects??

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Count your blessings when people say they feel empty devoid of passion bored ect...You should rejoice that you can feel this way embrace the boredem love the emptyness an FIND SOLACE in the calm..Beleive me when I say there is much wisdom in the old Chinese proverb or to be more apt curse MAY YOU LIVE IN INTRESTING TIMES.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie
Count your blessings when people say they feel empty devoid of passion bored ect...You should rejoice that you can feel this way embrace the boredem love the emptyness an FIND SOLACE in the calm..Beleive me when I say there is much wisdom in the old Chinese proverb or to be more apt curse MAY YOU LIVE IN INTRESTING TIMES.

hey are you a dreamer, by any chance?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join