It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IPEEINTHESHOWER

Name calling is not a good way to start a thread, it shows your lack of.... well i will let you figure out what your lacking in your life...

I have to ask why would i kill myself, why would i need the "balls" to do so? I'm very happy with my life, to be honest i have very few complaints.

what i think of you is of no concern because up to this point im not sure i have encountered you on this message bored. Though i will say that i also know the difference between right and wrong,

I cant really recall spewing hate, i stated my opinion i gave reasons to back it up. I'm not following where the claim that im hate spewing is coming from.

Also i would like to bring this point forward as its a contradiction or so i would assume. You called me

"YOU"RE ONE BIG PIECE OF #.
Then proceeded to call me

my friend

So either you rather enjoy hanging out with large piles of solid biological waste or you miss spoke im going to assume you miss spoke, otherwise your friends might not like you so much anymore after they find out what you really think of them.

if you would like to try and further insult me, that is fine i'm a big boy i can handle it. Though i cannot handle people glorifying suicide, because to me "my friend" that is pure lunacy.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
generic/

the topic sounds like total bull to me . the fully complete variety .

it is good to put the internet down , at least once in a while .

i just had 2 clear months completely away from it , so i know this , and can't recommend it enough

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The lack of not being able to make real friends and conversing face to face is what is her and others downfall. Not due to research she or others may do on-line or otherwise and not being able to get feedback.

I find more and more individuals trapped in a fictional world where the only existence is their gadgets and how it responds back to them. Seeing to many people with their heads down and not looking at those around to at least nod a simple greeting.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
This is what happens when an unstable individual reads threads created by other unstable individuals. She took her life because of what others wrote. Not writings based on facts, but conspiracy theories.

Next time you post something that's completely batsh*t crazy (like 99.9% of the stuff on here), just stop for a moment and think who might actually take you seriously.

Thousands of years ago, the discovery of the earth being round was pretty "bat#" crazy. Should we suppress our ideas because a few people cannot handle them?

The girl made her own choice. I don't feel bad. Sorry.
edit on 18-5-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

Comparing the discovery of Earth being round to nutty threads on conspiracy theory forums?

Really?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The true tragedy of 2012 is in things like this .. where a life is lost out of fear without justification.. There's no real evidence that 2012 will be anything but another year in time.. and it's unfortunate that the media plays into these fears with television and movies.. pandering to it to make a buck.

I hope those people who peddle this nonsense, or spread it in forums.. feel a bit of guilt when 2013 rolls around.. think back on the girl who believed it so much she'd rather take her life on her own terms.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Not read everything here yet - just had some thoughts and don't want to forget ~

Did you know? Paramedics and Emergency med workers have a high rate of suicide? Seems odd, huh? Among the life savers and 'heros'.

It's true though.

These people get Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Near death experiences can make you an "Adrenaline Junkie" also. Very common. And can go hand in hand with the PTSD.

I would be on the "patient" end of this - often injured and in the hospital. Yeah, I know - I'm on the other side of the desk - I'm just like you~

Last time I was in the hospital I told a Doc that I wished I would die - not from depression - but because I'm tired of injuring myself, the constant work, and the worry that it will happen.

Let's get it over with, already!

He understood what I was saying - and then said - watch what you say or you'll have 10 shrinks in here.

Some people actually *want to die* because - they fear death.

And this goes for middle aged men who are paramedics, soldiers, all sorts of people - you'd be surprised.

Stress and seriously shocking events play a part in it.

And you do need mental health help for things like this. Even if you just try to read on your own.

More common than people think, too - and stress in general can get these ideas rolling. You don't have to be in a war to get PTSD.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
The lack of not being able to make real friends and conversing face to face is what is her and others downfall. Not due to research she or others may do on-line or otherwise and not being able to get feedback.

I find more and more individuals trapped in a fictional world where the only existence is their gadgets and how it responds back to them. Seeing to many people with their heads down and not looking at those around to at least nod a simple greeting.

I don't think that's quite fair to say.. look at the scores of people who believed harold camping's end of days prophecy .. they were normal people with jobs, family and friends.. you don't have to be a lonely outcast to be susceptible to believing something ..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
so not being content to see a tragic loss for humanity (we are all each others most precious resource) there are some here who seek to victimize her memory too... how wonderful that so many people actually know what was in her mind. Blame her social life... we all know what she felt... blame her parenting, we all know it is upbringing that dictates what is posted on the web... blame any but yourselves as being the instigation when we all know everything that you all say is truth rather than attention whorism for the benefit of self-contentedness/self aggrandizement .

I am ashamed of those who can't see the harm they cause in others... even beyond the grave

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
At 16 she is still a baby, she has not yet enough experience in this cesspool we call society to not get to emotionally involved by todays ever increasing grim reality,children are too emotional at this age they cant separate logic and critical thinking from acting out in emotion

There is definitely a lot to be said for the way our society was before cell phones and internet, especially for childrens well being and growth development.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
I am ashamed of those who can't see the harm they cause in others... even beyond the grave

I'm with you on everything you said.. especially this.

edit on 5/18/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
I'm actually taking fewer risks because I want to be around on Dec. 21st.

I intend to be around a lot longer than then!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

I gave my opinion as well and to make this perfect clear your lack of compassion shows the world that you really are a turd. I had to change my name cause apparently IPEEINTHESHOWER is against the rules. Even though I stated I pee in the shower to save water and help this planet we all live on. Please tell me what I'm lacking in my life since you seem to think you have all the answers?
As for my friends, I can assure you I have many and not the ones you think you have cause they "friended"you on facebook.
I live in the real world son and I know that life can be difficult. You might live in fantasy-land but the rest of us dont. I have compassion for people, ALL PEOPLE and if they choose to end there life then so be it. Like I said, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE and quite frankly your the last person that should judge another due to your lack of understanding the word compassion

Spewing hate is calling someone a coward, is it not?

Do me and the rest of the world a favor and sit there quietly and not speak or write anything till someone tells you to do so. This world is already better for me saying something that needed to be said,

I
edit on 18-5-2012 by Theycallmetatersalad because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by Theycallmetatersalad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The fear of dying became so overwhelming for her that she killed herself. Sounds like a breakdown in or complete lack of, reason.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Let's blame conspiracy theorists.
Not like the MSM or government do any fear mongering.

Another reason for Sunnstein and co. to "regulate" the internet -
For our "safety" of course.

I'm so afraid of dying I'll kill myself:
Makes no sense at all, there's something else at play here than stories about sunspots and the economy crashing.

Sorry to sound heartless, my sympathies go out to the parents who have lost a daughter,
She seemed far more disillusioned about the injustice of the world than anything else.
Can't say as I blame her for that - the future must look very bleak for most young people today.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

agreed , thats if she even existed at all in the first place . its like , net filth

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sad, Im pretty sure 2012 will have tons of suicides .
A mayan hinself said theres nothing to worry with the world ending.
edit on 18-5-2012 by lostangel818 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by lostangel818 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes this is terrible that this has happened.

But it also shows how easily influenced teenagers are these days. If a lot more people who have no idea about the real world started reading everything about 2012, war, police state, radiation a lot more kids would follow.

People would rather believe word for word than doing their own research on the matter.

But who knows, maybe she has taken the easy way out........... Only time will tell.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The world just got a little lighter.....

I have no sympathy for this girl. She seemed to not use any critical thinking, you can't just believe everything you read about these things, you should take everything with a pinch of salt. If you thought the world was going to end, and was so certain that you would hang yourself, then why would you kill yourself anyway? Why not just die when the world ends? At least then there is a chance that you would survive because it's not true (personaly, im not a 2012 believer).

No doubt people will jump on the bandwagon and blame people here and blame people there, but the fact is that there if no one to blame, it is her fault, no one elses. I may sound like a horrid person, or someone lacking in compasion, but in all seriousness, she did it, and it was no one elses fault.

Yep, This!

You cannot help stupid people. She was one. It's people like her that create the stupidity of law that frustrates us all. Nanny state policies because people like her are too stupid to grasp reality.

I dislike this world as much as the next nihilist, but I certainly wouldn't use doomsday propaganda as an excuse.

At least she didn't sue ATS for giving her nightmares that debilitate her and make study/work impossible. Leave that to the hot coffee mcdonalds people.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan

This is what happens when an unstable individual reads threads created by other unstable individuals. She took her life because of what others wrote. Not writings based on facts, but conspiracy theories.

Next time you post something that's completely batsh*t crazy (like 99.9% of the stuff on here), just stop for a moment and think who might actually take you seriously.

Thousands of years ago, the discovery of the earth being round was pretty "bat#" crazy. Should we suppress our ideas because a few people cannot handle them?

The girl made her own choice. I don't feel bad. Sorry.
edit on 18-5-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

Comparing the discovery of Earth being round to nutty threads on conspiracy theory forums?

Really?

Really. If this forum was in another shape, say.. archive scrolls.. it would still be the same concept of a researcher coming across a scroll that had information saying the earth was round, it would still be the same reaction.

Just because something is unknown and sounds bat# crazy, doesn't mean it is not a possibility.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
The fear of dying became so overwhelming for her that she killed herself. Sounds like a breakdown in or complete lack of, reason.

It makes a lot of sense, it's actually more common than you'd think.. dying in an apocalyptic scenario .. or in any horrible way, is such an overwhelming thought .. you have no control over those kinds of things.. you can worry yourself to absolute panic.. when I was a kid I used to be TERRIFIED of death after my father passed away and I saw him in a casket when I was 14 .. that marked me in a huge way.. I made it.. but taking your own life gives YOU control over the circumstances.. it saves you from the horrors your mind invents.. and I'm sure this girl, after reading a lot of the stuff that is said about 2012, probably imagined the worst.. earthquakes, fires, death and destruction.. people turning on eachother.. she probably imagined the worst possible scenario and decided to exit on her own terms.

The tragedy is that nothing is probably going to happen on 2012.. just like no comet slammed into the earth called Elenin .. and just like the rapture didn't happen like Harold predicted.. she was just too young to rationalize that.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

When you look at the story it's easy to lame blame on the material she was researching. But what is interesting is that what she was researching doesn't really appear to be the problem;

'She yearned for an uncomplicated and perfect world where every living thing would be valued and at peace.

'But the simple and perfect world she sought, where all living things would be treated with compassion and equality, was never going to materialise.

'Unfortunately the future for her in her eyes must have seemed very bleak.

'Sadly there were too many bad points for her to contend with and the lure to opt out was too compelling. 'We can only conclude that she wasn't prepared to adjust to adulthood with all the complications, injustice and, for her, unhappiness that came with it.'

I think her parents probably knew her better than anyone else, at least they seem to do so from these statements. It appears she killed herself because of the injustice and the naive belief that somehow the world could be a perfect place.

Regardless of the reason, it's still sad that she took the easy way out rather than fight the good fight.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join