It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It also seems that there are a lot of individuals out there who are simply willing for the bad stuff to happen as long as it does not affect them.. It is as if they have been soo overloaded with info-tainment that much like the Romans blood lust for gladiators etc, they get off and salivate at the thought of huge disasters..

Willing the deaths of millions or billions is not the the thought processes of a sane mind..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Let's blame conspiracy theorists.
Not like the MSM or government do any fear mongering.

Another reason for Sunnstein and co. to "regulate" the internet -
For our "safety" of course.

I'm so afraid of dying I'll kill myself:
Makes no sense at all, there's something else at play here than stories about sunspots and the economy crashing.

Sorry to sound heartless, my sympathies go out to the parents who have lost a daughter,
She seemed far more disillusioned about the injustice of the world than anything else.
Can't say as I blame her for that - the future must look very bleak for most young people today.
edit on 18-5-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by Parksie

Courage????? Really????? I think you are mistaken it takes being a gigantic coward to kill yourself. It is true most people in there life will think about doing it some multiple times but they don't because they are not flipping morons.

People who kill themselves are weak, they leave there family in friends with a terrible scar in there lives one that no amount of anything could ever remove.

keep revering these idiots for there courage to hurt other people .... ugh...

On behalf of the people on this earth with a brain and a heart I would just like to say "YOU"RE ONE BIG PIECE OF #."
Ok now that I got that out of my system I feel better. Killing yourself is one of the bravest things a person can do, to call it cowardly is down right shameful. Just because you dont have the balls to kill yourself you have to say its cowardly to force feed your ego that your life is worth living even though its probably not. In the end Tupac said it best "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME." Its funny, I bet you think I'm some hipster that listens to rap music and I wear my pants half way down my crack. The truth is I know the difference between right and wrong. And the fact that you think its cowardly to kill oneself is straight up bull#. Everyone has a path to go on in this world friend and if they choose to end it their way then instead of spewing hate maybe you should feel some compassion. I pray for people like you every night knowing that maybe someday you'll stop judging people and look in the mirror my friend. Just because your life sucks doesnt give you the right to judge another. Maybe you'll stop being the turd you are and find some peace in this world. You might just need a person like me for you to understand your hateful ways and maybe it will get you a ticket to paradise someday. I know this 16 year girl is already there, maybe she'll send you a post card.

edit on 18-5-2012 by IPEEINTHESHOWER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER

Originally posted by crimsongod21
reply to post by Parksie

Courage????? Really????? I think you are mistaken it takes being a gigantic coward to kill yourself. It is true most people in there life will think about doing it some multiple times but they don't because they are not flipping morons.

People who kill themselves are weak, they leave there family in friends with a terrible scar in there lives one that no amount of anything could ever remove.

keep revering these idiots for there courage to hurt other people .... ugh...

On behalf of the people on this earth with a brain and a heart I would just like to say "YOU"RE ONE BIG PIECE OF #."
Ok now that I got that out of my system I feel better. Killing yourself is one of the bravest things a person can do, to call it cowardly is down right shameful. Just because you dont have the balls to kill yourself you have to say its cowardly to force feed your ego that your life is worth living even though its probably not. In the end Tupac said it best "ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME." Its funny, I bet you think I'm some hipster that listens to rap music and I wear my pants half way down my crack. The truth is I know the difference between right and wrong. And the fact that you think its cowardly to kill oneself is straight up bull#. Everyone has a path to go on in this world friend and if they choose to end it their way then instead of spewing hate maybe you should feel some compassion. I pray for people like you every night knowing that maybe someday you'll stop judging people and look in the mirror my friend. Just because your life sucks doesnt give you the right to judge another. Maybe you'll stop being the turd you are and find some peace in this world. You might just need a person like me for you to understand your hateful ways and maybe it will get you a ticket to paradise someday. I know this 16 year girl is already there, maybe she'll send you a post card.

Calm down.

I happen to also think killing yourself is a coward's way out. Because you cannot face what life will throw at you next, you decide to exit.

Sounds like cowardice to me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It is a shame that her life came to an end, but you can't blame the people who wrote the articles she read. Most people don't kill themselves after reading about potential ways the Earth could die. I mean, every member of this site knows how horrible the world is currently and all the things that are happening right now that could end us, but none of us commit suicide because we can't cope with it. At the end of the day, it was her own fault and she shouldn't have reacted that way. I don't mean to sound cold or horrible, but that's the way it is. : /

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

As I said before, depression is not rational. While it's true that she may have had some problems before hand belief in 2012 theories could easily push her over the edge. Before someone takes this the wrong way though I'm not advocating censorship. What I'm advocating using some forethought before posting. These boards have become inundated with doomsday threads and they're popular. But it seems like in many cases they're being made by and supported by people who don't truly believe in the presented theories. As an example there was a thread in March predicting an alien invasion last month. It became extremely popular and yet the OP made more than one post where he was pretty much saying he made the thread for stars and flags.

Now just because most of the people on here don't actually take these theories to heart that doesn't mean there aren't people who truly believe them. Imagine you're 16 and you're told that you're not going to live long enough to even go to college. If you believe that I can definitely see why someone take their own life.

We need to stop treating ATS like an alternate reality game. We're supposed to be about finding the truth yet I have had people tell me I'm taking things too seriously and that they just come here for entertainment. ATS is now no different than Ancient Aliens or any of those other History Channel shows. We care more about entertainment than facts and while most can identify it as entertainment there are still others that take it as fact. We need to get away from this and start putting some actual thought into our posts. We need to start realizing that the words we write have power and can have an impact on someone else.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The people who say that are just afraid of death, and humiliate those who killed themselves to feel better about their lives.
Suicide is NOT a coward's way out
I also feel bad for family members but no one who commits suicide wants to hurt loved ones they just need the pain to end. they see no option.

I pray for those who are gone, those who were never cared about or noticed in this world. I pray for those in the Gap and those that will be joining them... I think about the last 5 minutes of their life, and what it was like for them before they left... The pain, the misery, the heartache and abandonment.

ITS CALLED COMPASSION!!!!!! LEARN IT, LIVE IT, LOVE IT.

This subject is near and dear to my heart.

Maybe when you read the following you'll understand a little bit more about this topic and in the end you'll show some compassion for people that end their lives instead of calling them names. I always think of this poem when someone decides the pain is too much.

To my dearest family,
Some things I'd like to say
But first of all to let you know
That i arrived OK.

I'm writing this from Heaven,
Where i dwell with God above
Where there's no more tears or sadness.
There is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy
Just because I'm out of sight;
Remember that I'm with you,
Every morning, noon and night.

That day I had to leave you
When my life on earth was through
God picked me up and hugged me
And he said I welcome you.

Its good to have you back again
You were missed while you were gone
As for your dearest family
They'll be here later on.

I need you here so badly
As part of My big plan,
There's so much that we have to do,
To help our mortal man.

Then God gave me a list of things
He wished for me to do,
And foremost on that list of mine,
Is to watch and care for you.

And I will be beside you,
Every day, week and year,
And when your sad I'm standing there
To wipe away the tear.

And when you lie in bed at night,
The day's chores put to flight,
God and I are closer to you
In the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth
And all those living years,
Because your only human
They are bound to bring you tears.

But do not be afraid to cry,
It dose relieve the pain;
Remember there would be no flowers
Unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you
Of all that God has planned,
But if I were to tell you,
You wouldn't understand.

But one thing is for certain
Though my life on earth is over,
I'm closer to you now
Then i ever was before.

And to my very many friends
Trust God knows what is best
I'm still not far away from you
I'm just beyond the crest.

There are rocky roads ahead of you
And many hills to climb,
But together we can do it,
Taking one day at a time.

It was always my philosophy
And I'd like it for you too
That as you give unto the World
So the world will give to you.

If you can help somebody
Who's in sorrow or in pain,
Then you can say to God at night
My day was not in vain.

And now I am contended
That my life it was worth while
Knowing that I passed along the way
I made somebody smile.

So if you meet somebody
Who is down and feeling low
Just lend a hand to pick them up
As on your way you go.

When you are walking down the street
And you've got me on your mind
I'm walking in your footsteps
Only half a step behind.

And when you feel that gentle breeze
Or the wind upon your face
Thats me giving you a great big hug
Or just a soft embrace

And when its time for you to go
From that body to be free
Remember you are not going
You are coming here to me.

And I will always love you
From the land way up above,
Will be in touch soon
P.S. God sends HIS LOVE

If you are suicidal please call this number, you dont need any money and they will help you. 1-800-273-8255

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

ill start that when Radio's no longer allow profanity.
So where does it stop?
its the real world,,
she had no real world friend.
in her head.
all it ever said,, was ,,
your already dead,,,,over and over,in her head.
when does it stop,,when your dead,
when your dead,,
it said.
stop,,said her friends,,stop said her mother
stop said her brother,
stop,,it said.

in her memory,,let it rest.

Me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

I did notice in the comments section of the article the way that conspiracy theorists was given the blame for this girls death.. And the comments were quite vehement...

Truth is no conspiracy theorist put the rope around this girls neck.. She did it herself and her family.. But still, a shame... She may even have had an account here..
edit on 18-5-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

So what about all those people who kill themselves based on the say so of their cult leader? Would you say that that cult leader is totally blameless after all they never pull the trigger, wrap the rope or force ingestion of poison do they?

Do all those teenagers duped into performing obscene sex acts by being contacted through the internet have only themselves to blame and the "observer" blameless?

Of course not some people are easily influenced especially the young. It all depends on the language used and the force with which arguments are made. Some of the defenders of conspiracies use language which, to be perfectly honest, verges on the religiously fanatical. And we all know how that can influence people.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why would anyone do this?
The world ends, you die.
So if you're absolutely positive the world's going to end, why kill yourself when you'll die anyways.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The world just got a little lighter.....

I have no sympathy for this girl. She seemed to not use any critical thinking, you can't just believe everything you read about these things, you should take everything with a pinch of salt. If you thought the world was going to end, and was so certain that you would hang yourself, then why would you kill yourself anyway? Why not just die when the world ends? At least then there is a chance that you would survive because it's not true (personaly, im not a 2012 believer).

No doubt people will jump on the bandwagon and blame people here and blame people there, but the fact is that there if no one to blame, it is her fault, no one elses. I may sound like a horrid person, or someone lacking in compasion, but in all seriousness, she did it, and it was no one elses fault.

so whether true or not yelling "FIRE" in a theater is ok by your reasoning and the blame for any casualties rests solely on the dead?

People need to comprehend that your words do have affect on others.

If I call you the biggest joke in the world does your psyche take kindly to it? If I said you are a fag and you committed suicide because of being called out it isn't my fault that you actually were a fag? Yeah the world would be a better place without reactions but bottom line, we are what we eat (or feed others)

your gay agenda in passing the buck of blame is the weakest of arguments when real life people take your words to heart.

I only mention gays here (not that I am one and I am hetero and married fwiw) to demonstrate the reality of how scathing words can be and that emotion I filled you with whether you are gay or not is beside the point of me being responsible for what I say.

In the end God will judge me by my fruits, not whether I pruned the tree of life.

Your lack of compassion about says it all... perhaps you never knew love and can so easily dismiss the love others have for all... rather than offer solutions to the problem like not posting opinions as facts.

This girl is of one but many who can't see beyond the moment. A lack of Faith and the negativity from such as yourself makes this a wonderful world in your eyes... not mine

You talk about critical thinking... do some soul-searching and hopefully you won't come up as void of it as you portray yourself.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I remember as a child in the 70's some kid watched bug's bunny and thought he could smack his brother in the head with a hammer, some kid's should not be on the web or T.V. by them selves. I have 4 children, some are more responsible than others about certain things and not necessarily by age. I talk to each child individually according to their ability to handle topics on religion, UFOs, japan's nuclear melt down etc.I will bet this child had other issues in her life that helped this tragedy along.Never, ever send a child into the world wide web naked and alone!
peace be unto her family.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by EvanB

I did notice in the comments section of the article the way that conspiracy theorists was given the blame for this girls death.. And the comments were quite vehement...

Truth is no conspiracy theorist put the rope around this girls neck.. She did it herself and her family.. But still, a shame... She may even have had an account here..
edit on 18-5-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

So what about all those people who kill themselves based on the say so of their cult leader? Would you say that that cult leader is totally blameless after all they never pull the trigger, wrap the rope or force ingestion of poison do they?

Do all those teenagers duped into performing obscene sex acts by being contacted through the internet have only themselves to blame and the "observer" blameless?

Of course not some people are easily influenced especially the young. It all depends on the language used and the force with which arguments are made. Some of the defenders of conspiracies use language which, to be perfectly honest, verges on the religiously fanatical. And we all know how that can influence people.

Good point..

Maybe we should ALL be wiser with our words..

As another poster said, our words do indeed have power

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IPEEINTHESHOWER

Very nice poem

I have stolen it! lol

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
She clearly didn't do enough research and was a problem child to begin with. Do people not think things through anymore? This is the stupidity the world is coming too. What a shame.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The world just got a little lighter.....

I have no sympathy for this girl. She seemed to not use any critical thinking, you can't just believe everything you read about these things, you should take everything with a pinch of salt. If you thought the world was going to end, and was so certain that you would hang yourself, then why would you kill yourself anyway? Why not just die when the world ends? At least then there is a chance that you would survive because it's not true (personaly, im not a 2012 believer).

No doubt people will jump on the bandwagon and blame people here and blame people there, but the fact is that there if no one to blame, it is her fault, no one elses. I may sound like a horrid person, or someone lacking in compasion, but in all seriousness, she did it, and it was no one elses fault.

Sadly, this is nature's way of thinning the herd

There's a reason why some baby gazelles are picked off by lions: because they just couldnt cut it in this world. I'm no one to say who IS able to cut it though. My heart could stop before I finish this sente...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You have no sympathy for a teenage girl confused and mostly likely depressed enough to take her own life? Pour pitiful you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IPEEINTHESHOWER

I disagree. You speak of compassion, but who is left to pick up the pieces? The family and friends of the victim. And in many cases, they never really recover. I wouldn't call this girl a coward, because I don't know the whole situation, if she sought help or was getting it. But I definately don't consider suicide a brave thing to do. Its a move of desperation to end their own suffering. I believe its a choice, a right every person has, to willingly end their own lives. But ask yourself, how many people who commit suicide are truly without hope? I would say many of them could have been helped.

This young girl seemed to have given up too soon. People at her age shouldn't be thinking about all this doom and gloom. She exposed her mind to the corruption surrounding her, when she should have focused on just growing up and having fun. What possible change could a teenager accomplish when even the rest of us adults have no idea what solutions to better the world. RIP.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ok, people are not happy with my responce, and i fully expected this, but let me lay out a few pointers that may be hard to swallow for people, but bottom line is that there are many others like me.

Someone killed themself, this happens everyday, all the time. I personaly have known a couple of people who have taken their life, it is a horrid thing to happen, and i feel for the people that are effected, but at the end of the day, i don't know them, i don't know what was happening in her personal life, and neither do any of you. I can not say that her death has effected me in any way, it has not effected any way that i think.

Someone has died, yes, its sad for their family and their friends, but i am none of those. Do not victimise me for not being saddened by this event, otherwise you are acting against your preaching. Do all of you feel bad for every, single person who has died from starvation? From war? From desiese? No. You feel bad for the collective, simple. Can any of you name a person who has died from starvation in the last week? Someone who died, who wanted to live? I doubt it.

She took her life, it was her decision. Yes, she may of been mentaly ill, but saying that and putting it around the internet is only going to hurt her parents even more, and maybe even put them into the same situation as their child, would you want that on your consious?

She has died, and with all walks of life, a death is a sad thing, however, to ask a human being to feel compasion for every single human alive, on the other side of the globe, without even meeting, talking, or knowing the situation of the person in question is just asking an unrealistic demand. People take their lives, and for reasons, in many occasions, that no one else knows. This is one of them. She has died, by her own hands, lets leave it at that, let the family build themselves back together from their disaster, and carry on with their lives, but don't try and poke me with a fork for me to cry over her death, because those tears will not be sincere.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join