It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If you do not take your rightful responsibility and program your own mind the world will program it for you.

Suicide is a waste, only places I can see it as an option is in rare cases where you knew that your capture would lead to the deaths of others and perhaps those afflicted with horrible incurable suffering.

As they say in Huna, "Energy goes where attention flows." Be careful what you feed your mind.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Honestly, I cant wait, the world as we know is suppose to end and we begin the new cycle. so bring it on.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm sitting here and reading this thread go by with a profound sense of sadness. This is by no means directed to any one ..or more... people. Although if someone thinks my thoughts include them in saying this, there might be some basis for it.

We have gathered on these boards many times now to lament the horrors of society and the evil kids can do onto each other when one or more of them decides to commit suicide but are too cowardly to do what this girl did. They have to kill many others FIRST in a school or mall shooting. In other cases, it's their own families they shoot to pieces and THEN kill themselves. I rarely, if ever, hear people doubting the basis of THOSE kids and suggesting they were just weak minded idiots who couldn't cope...and so..good riddens.

Those are the very ones I think we OUGHT to feel that way about, by the way. However, when a young teenage girl loses herself to despair, depression and fear to the point of quietly taking her OWN life....just hers....it's a source of endless ridicule and derision.

Whats wrong with this picture? The punks killing innocent people first almost seem to gain a cult following among some here. This poor girl? Just a pathetic piece of garbage to wonder why anyone even bothered to share the story, to hear many speak tonight.

Yes... It's sadness. Not anger, not even disgust. Just sadness. If we can't even find an ounce of empathy within ourselves for a 16yr old girl who is dead today, and shouldn't be, then what have we to show when the situation is far closer to home and that empathy might truly make all the difference to others?

Ok well I guess I havent been on this site long enough to see that. I think I understand what your saying though. Lets use columbine for an example. In this case I see a bunch of popular kids picking on these kids. Probably using physical abuse half the time. So the argument is that these popular kids pushed them to the brink, a lot of the time by physically hurting them.

This girl acted alone, and purely on written words. Nothing spoken and no physical harm happened. It would be a better argument if the girls house had been physically shaken in an attempt to convince her of an increase in earthquakes. Maybe then would your comparison hold water.

Actually there were a fair share of people at my school who didn't deserve to live. Not that I would ever kill anyone based entirely on character. You can not deny that there are some straight scumbags in schools. These kids were not killing themselves because of a fear that something would happen that probably wont. They killed themselves so they were not captured by the police, who would do so for sure. There was certainty in the columbine case. The Columbine shooters true intention was to kill the people who had caused them so much pain, killing themselves just happened to be the end result.

This is like attacking The Boondock Saints for promoting violent solutions to evil. Imagine if the Columbine shooters had seen the Boondock Saints at one point. Would that movie have to take some responsibility. I dont believe it should, people should be responsible for their own action

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Doomsday research was one of the factors...wonder what the others were?

Anyway...should make some feel bad!

Tragic either way!

At the very least those who know that what they write is made up.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The debunkers are to blame for not debunking hard enough! Shame on you!

In all seriousness, why would she kill herself? I mean if there really was going to be an apocalypse, why wouldn't she just wait until then? She could have enjoyed living another seven months. She didn't have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete so soon.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

We have gathered on these boards many times now to lament the horrors of society and the evil kids can do onto each other when one or more of them decides to commit suicide but are too cowardly to do what this girl did. They have to kill many others FIRST in a school or mall shooting. In other cases, it's their own families they shoot to pieces and THEN kill themselves. I rarely, if ever, hear people doubting the basis of THOSE kids and suggesting they were just weak minded idiots who couldn't cope...and so..good riddens

I believe our first reaction to atrocities mentioned in your statement is what MONSTERS these killers are. That is a gut reaction to learning that another person had to"take out" innocent people before themselves. To me this is the ultimate SELFISHNESS! The words "Corageous or cowardly" do not correspond to this type of behavior! Atleast not in my world!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

I completely understand where you are coming from it is not the fault of the authors of any book, article, site, etc, but...the excuse she made was the Dooms day websites, info, etc. it was not the reason. The reason was her inability to cope. At 16, I would say her parents didn't see or understand the signs of the mental instability. I am not saying oh, she was just depressed, give her prozac, no what I am saying is that many of our children today are not being parented and thus gain no coping skills. The parents are told by the media AND our government that parents do not have the right to butt in on their kids lives. They want to have sex, can't stop 'em, they want abortions no say from the parents, they want to experiment with sex, drugs and whatever, absolutely no parent involvement states our schools, our media and our government. When parents loose sight of their children their children loose sight of themselves and without a support network what was her other option. Remember she was just a kid. 16 IS NOT AN ADULT. sure she may have physically developed but her brain and its rewiring is not yet complete, so there is no way that she could or even should have allowed to roam the internet without a parent knowing how or what she was feeling about what she was reading.
This should be a warning to all parents, who cares if your kids think you are cramping their style, ASK THEM WHAT, WHO, HOW, WHEN and WHERE. It keeps them safer and smarter than any vaccine.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
She was 16, a very challenging age. I don't believe she is at fault here.
If anything, I am angry at the people who keep lying on a daily basis and post false so-called 'channeled' messages and so on (not saying that channeling is impossible but it is definitely rare); also at the people who call reading things online (without thoroughly checking their sources) "research" and so on. That will never be authentic research. Sure, coming up with theories, possible explanations and predictions is great, but calling them facts or unshakable truths is irresponsible.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Isayeva

At 16, she does hold a lot of the blame. On the other hand, the family dropped the ball a bit. Yeah, in teen years kids change a lot, get distant, get rebellious. On the other hand, while allowing some distance, allowing for mistakes, there is a fine line. I hope that if my girls get so fearful of life, that they are about to off themself, that I would notice beforehand.

They are both entering adolescance, I am walking that tightrope now. I am giving them some space, while still keeping the communication lines open, and giving them responsibility, along with the consequences. They are free on the weekends, as long as they are keeping up with my schoolwork. I will allow some lip sure, but if it crosses into disrespect, then there is punishment. They may get mad at me for not buying them cellphones, or allowing them on the net without supervision. They will get over it someday I hope.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It does make you mad when you understand how the world really works. You just have to accept it and enjoy the freedom of knowing.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This girl was mentally ill, if it had'nt been doomsday she would have found some other reason to end her life.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm sure it wasn't the doomsday threads that caused her to commit suicide.

A happy person is not gonna say "The world is ending so I might as well just kill myself now", these are words that a person already depressed would say.

This should NOT be used to restrict people's freedom of speech. Maybe

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just imagine what the kids of some of these 2012ers must be going through.. they cant get away from it just by simply not going online.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Good point. Not much different than kids of a lot of crappy circumstances though. When your home life is hell, it makes the world seem like a horrible place indeed.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
She was obviously suffering from some other mental imbalance. Probably depression.

The changing religion because of the strife in the world is the first indicator. She adopted a religion which is based on "all life is suffering".

Then she went looking for things to reinforce her convictions of suffering. She found doomsday scenarios which supported that and then used that as a reason to do what she probably already intended to do.

Now, conveniently, she has selected a religion which not only justifies her suicide but also promises resurrection.

Poor child needed help, she was obviously mentally distressed.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I wonder if she was playing with "Auto-erotic asphyxsiation" that the kids are messing with these days...
The parents wouldn't want to admit that's what she was doing I'm sure.
What a shame either way...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Can you name any life that isn't suffering? No, I am not that religion. My problem begins with the fact that that religion teaches you to accept suffering, and move on. Yeah, the founder was rich, that is what he would want you to do. Oversimplification of course, but the same is taught in a lot of mainstream religions these days. I try my hardest to change things that cause me suffering, and that might cause my descendants the same suffering.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It sickens me that it seems most in our Society have to find someone or something to blame for everything before even considering they may be the responsible party all along. Sadly in the U.S. at least we have many Laws that stop many of the idiots from removing themselves from the gene pool. Now dumb people do dumb things then blame everyone else and others actually buy into their line of thinking. In the end none of it probably matters as we are here for such a short period of time but its less than amusing to have to deal with people who have that mind set.

Responsibility is what it is, if its yours own it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I haven't read all replies here yet, but, first of all females do not usually hang themselves-this is not at all a typical ofting suicidal method for females-secondly, she was just 16, there is no telling what all was really going on in her life, in her mind, and seriously, people should show a bit of compassion.
Are we responsible-no, if this was something that bothered her, I promise you she spoke random things related to this doom, to her friends, if not also family.
But, I will read all the comments, and we do need to limit the amount of doom in our lives, it is unhealthy. I know I do. I will read different threads when I have "free" time, and I have spaced out the readings way more. The doom is gloomy, rather it is true or all crazy thoughts complied together from all doom-sayers-it is gloomy. But, it makes a really good read for down time, or switching gears.
It is also interesting how many factual news stories you can read and learn of first here, so someone who is that young may have become addicted? Could not separate the gloom from living a great life? Gee, I miss the grand years of my teen years-and we did not have computers like these. We went out and socialized, maybe no one under the age of 18 should focus on gloom, but anyway..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Risqman

Is that really big these days? I remember people saying the same when I was a teen, and no one I knew was into it. And yeah, we talked about all kinds of erm..... Intimate details? I remember one guy we hung at getting all kinds of ridicule from us, because he thought ice cubes was cool, during intimate situations. The females he tried it on, disagreed totally. Numbing sensitive areas, seems was counterproductive to pleasure. He still gets made fun of for that to this day many years later

edit on Fri, 18 May 2012 22:34:11 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join