It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

To some extent, I agree. I have said that, well, it's not if anymore, it's when another Great Depression occurs, 70 percent of the population will not makes it. Certainly not here in the U.S.

However, I don't blame the average citizen for this. I blame the constructors, if you know what I mean. We have, on up to this point, been living in what most would term a "nanny" state. I mean, really, I need to have a cup full of hot coffee with a lid on it cautioning me that it is hot??? Really?

Now, the system is on the brink of collapse. Who do most look to? The very people who engineered this society and its collapse. "Please help us!!" We say.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Very sad and may she rest in peace. Sending regards to the family.

I don't want to play the blame game but I really do wish her parents were more cautious and monitoring what she was researching, talking to her about it. The news articles(MSM or not) on internet and other can be dangerous for such young(or even older people) fragile mind. Real news senarios or not can confuse someone who may be already, especially in the teenage years, on the verge of or have depression and suicide in mind.

Let me state I believe there's more to the story than that news article has expressed, as often occurs in the news.

Though, I am sending a plea to parents(or to even other family or people that you know who are obsessed over doomsday scenarios) if you have especially sensitive children who worry and care for the world find out what they are studying, investigate for yourself so you will understand what they are researching. Start by or what you feel is best to encourage to them hope in the often bleak view of a world that has always had problems, to help prevent these tragedies.
edit on 19-5-2012 by dreamingawake because: more

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I dunno, maybe she was just thinking ahead. Im not a believer in the doomsday stuff myself, but she could have thought "heck, i dont wanna have to try and survive if things are going to get that bad" - Mayyyybe, wait and see and if it DOES happen - then off yourself???

I personally, would find the sexiest chick, say to her "Oi, we are all about to die....do you ermm...you know...before we all go?" Giggiddy giiggidyy OOO riiighht
edit on 19-5-2012 by experienceislife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
all i can say is, thanx , more oxygen for the rest of us.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Well there really are some very sad, narrow minded, individuals on here

Not going to say who but if the cap fits!

To those that put this down to natural selection, perhaps thats the reason your more than likely still live with your parents and cant find a girlfriend. Natural selection is definatly in evidence there.

To those that consider this death a good thing because its more oxygen for everyone else, maybe you need it because it obvious your brain needs some more in order to work correctly.

Perhaps you would like to make your comments face to face to her parents. Its easy to be brave sat behind a computer screen, somewhat more difficult in the real world.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yosemite Sam

Originally posted by headorheart
reply to post by Trolloks

I don't your a horrid person, but here is obviously other contributing factors. People in their right minds don't just kill themselves because they get scared. I definitely do not agree with the people that will defend her by blaming her parents, the internet, or conspiracy theorists. This is her fault and her responsibility as is every suicide.
edit on 18-5-2012 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

Please explain all of the people that jumped out of the world trade center.

Those people had the choice to suffocate or jump. They faced certain death. They were murdered, they did not commit suicide.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with killing herself due to the 2012 doomsday itself. A good friend of mine has the same problem and is on the verge of killing himself. The concept is once you know knowledge such as "the world ending", school becomes a nightmare and all your job dreams and desires are destroyed BUT you parents would not believe you and think your crazy so imagine being stuck in a room studying your but off for no reason and going to school everyday knowing it is completely pointless , KNOWING that all your dreams are crushed because your going to die in less than 7months KNOWING that everyone is against you because they think your crazy. There was probably no plausible way out of this situation except suicide, Knowledge IS power. This is the life the poor girl probably went through.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CowAndFat

A 16 year old girl doesnt begin to have the necessary world experience or (likely) the scientific data to support the assumption that education or dreams are "pointless" as you suggest. Which is precisely why a responsible parent should have noticed the key warning signs and been able to intervene with well thought out and compassionate guidance for her.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join