It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 16, Kills Herself After Researching 2012 Doomsday Threads...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PotentSativa

Over time you'll learn for yourself that much of what you have read and (naively) believed isn't real. It's part of life. We all go through it.

When I was 15 I believed that aliens built the pyramids!

As for the subject of this thread, I'm not convinced that fear of 2012 was the reason for this girl's tragic decision, though it's an obvious one for the media to pick on and in some ways it may even be easier for her family to believe this, since it at least offers an explanation. That said, I expect a lot more suicides in the coming months. Heaven's Gate may look trivial in comparison.

And those who have promolgated the 2012 'end of the world' scenario will all be in some way complicit.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Thing is even people older than ourselves are convinced of separate realities to the one we live in and are perfectly sane.

There is no doubt that there is SOMETHING at the core of everything.. Something that we cannot make sense of yet know its there, at the tip of our tongues or corner of our eye, so we search and search, and get led astray by all sorts of things.. Other peoples truths..

I think we should all look for our own truth. Not other peoples, and we SHOULD question everything..

Trouble is there is way too much information out there today.. A lot of it corrupted information.. And when you have TOO MUCH information, like a computer, the system starts to crash...

A part of this also is that there seems to be no more frontiers.. No next hill to see what is on the other side.. So we create "frontiers" of our own, sometimes to our own destruction..

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You can feel bad for her, and that's normal... You could not give 2 $#!+$ and by todays standards that's normal too, but to me...

10 out of 10 people will die --Me

Whether it's by an individual’s own hands or a neighbor Super Nova Star, all human beings WILL die. Even in a fairytale situation where someone live for 100's of years... they still die.

Most likely she killed herself due to emotional distress from life itself. When you’re a kid (for the most part) life is pretty easy and full of hope and wonder.... until you grow and experience, then you realize what's really going on in the world and that 9 out of 10 people are trying to **** you for profit or some other sick gain...

Life is hard and she (like many others whether death or crime) took the easy way out....

For me, my whole life has been a constant uphill battle to stay afloat, let alone progress... and to this day I will still help out anyone I can. Maybe not by giving them money, but I'll do things like fix a little old lady's kitchen faucet or broken toilet seat at no charge or resolve someone’s computer issues so they don't have to spend money to get it fixed, and when they try to pay me, I ask them to cook me some food instead in the hopes to give more (as in companionship).

I’d go on more… but if I did, I would just end up deleting all of it and never posting….

edit on 18-5-2012 by FORMe2p00p0n because: I'm a $#!+

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

A profound and eridite comment - deserves more than just a star

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The world just got a little lighter.....

I have no sympathy for this girl. She seemed to not use any critical thinking, you can't just believe everything you read about these things, you should take everything with a pinch of salt. If you thought the world was going to end, and was so certain that you would hang yourself, then why would you kill yourself anyway? Why not just die when the world ends? At least then there is a chance that you would survive because it's not true (personaly, im not a 2012 believer).

No doubt people will jump on the bandwagon and blame people here and blame people there, but the fact is that there if no one to blame, it is her fault, no one elses. I may sound like a horrid person, or someone lacking in compasion, but in all seriousness, she did it, and it was no one elses fault.

Yeah, this is just a media sensationalistic thing. First of all the girl was already "fed up" with the world etc. But there have been doomsday scenarios out there for decades. Something else was wrong with this poor kid.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Questioning wouldn't help. Anyone who questions the OP in a fearmongering thread either gets met with more fear or the label of shill/disinfo agent. I and many others have tried to do our part to dispel the fear but when we're being told we're disreputable sources by everyone in the thread an impressionable youth isn't going to listen to us. Many here have lost sight of the goal of ATS. It's no longer about finding the truth. It's game of who can come up with the craziest theory that you can still get people to believe.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

well was gonna say hey if we were both in the same room ,,that would be 2 out of 10,,

AND THEN I SEEN THE DAMN CLOWN FACE ,,GOd i hate clowns,, especially clowns that have ,,sorry

ya ok,,, 2 out of ten ,, thats a start right,,, lol

Me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ComputerPothead322

Just a heads up, in case you didn't read the T&C, Talking about the use of drugs is looked down upon by the Mods and owners so i would just watch what you say if you know what i mean.

not trying to be rude but trying to help you stick around longer without many problems.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thread title is miss-leading. She did no research, she read 15-20 articles?

"Girl, 16, kills herself after reading about 2012 threads on the internet."

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I felt like ending it all when It finally sunk in how corrupt this world actually is, but i already had kids when I was woken up. Maybe this girl did the right thing for herself, who are we to judge a persons most intimate moment "death". Allot easier way to go out than what many of us will experience.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WarCry

easier for her, maybe. but what about her family and friends im going to say it was not easier for them. I think they would of liked her to stick around for you know like 50 - 60 more years.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Life is hard and she (like many others whether death or crime) took the easy way out....
And this made me think...how many kids are not really taught how to deal with hard circumstances. We make their lives as easy and comforting as we can unconsciously and consciously. We don't let them experience any hardships if we can help it. Maybe some parents do, but I see more coddling, then the opposite. Either way, this is a tragedy and the mystery of why this young girl took her own life will stay buried with her.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A tragic tale indeed, but as many have already stated, there's no way this can be the whole story. In all honesty, I believe that the doomsday research was just the icing on the cake for her amidst many other problems that come with being a teenager in modern society.

I can relate to the girl a little bit since the first time I stumbled upon doomsday scenario articles (Specifically 2012, oddly enough) about six years ago when I was twelve. I was scared out of my mind, yes, but that's because I was twelve. Even at that age, though, I realized suicide would be stupid if the world was going to end one way or another, which makes me wonder why someone four years older than that, with a brain much more developed and can reason about fifty times better, would arrive at a different conclusion...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is what happens when an unstable individual reads threads created by other unstable individuals. She took her life because of what others wrote. Not writings based on facts, but conspiracy theories.

Next time you post something that's completely batsh*t crazy (like 99.9% of the stuff on here), just stop for a moment and think who might actually take you seriously.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
This is what happens when an unstable individual reads threads created by other unstable individuals. She took her life because of what others wrote. Not writings based on facts, but conspiracy theories.

Next time you post something that's completely batsh*t crazy (like 99.9% of the stuff on here), just stop for a moment and think who might actually take you seriously.

Well said...and by the same token, I'd note something for those who are Johnny on the Spot to label other members 'Trolls' for being openly skeptical to the point of ridicule at times. Some folks think it's as important to bring balance to those nutty ideas and theads as the folks who absolutely had to share the latest way 6 billion people are going to die horrible and slowly. The topic of this thread is precisely why.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Did she write a note explaining that was why she killed herself?

Because if not, then her parents are trying to lay the blame on something other than themselves.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Thousands of years ago, the discovery of the earth being round was pretty "bat#" crazy. Should we suppress our ideas because a few people cannot handle them?

The girl made her own choice. I don't feel bad. Sorry.
edit on 18-5-2012 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Didn't she videotape it? I swear I've seen the video...

But could be wrong

Edit...no, it was a different girl. A Swedish teenager.

So sad....rip
edit on 18-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join