It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and 'falling leaf' or pendulum motion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
bumping this to add something interesting i found in an abductee account

in this particular case said abductee spoke with the aliens,and what was mentioned was this

"you try to thrust your ships upwards when you should try to do it sideways"

i immediately remembered this thread.interesting and should explain why ufos look like they are on water while flying

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Truly you jest.
Saucers have a main horizontal thrust for altitude.
The next force is forward or backward as identified by Mr. Tesla.
There is a ring of thrusters about the sides for forces at various angles that
are given misinformation as windows.
All reports are censored and if you say what they want like aliens were sighted
or said something by mind transfer, see that can't happen and obvious lie and
so are aliens, that makes them happy.
Official press releases are going to mislead if security is involved but the question
now is what is involved here.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Saucers have a main horizontal thrust for altitude.
The next force is forward or backward as identified by Mr. Tesla.
There is a ring of thrusters about the sides for forces at various angles that
are given misinformation as windows.

T+L, here's a strange close range saucer report mate -it doesn't involve pendulum motion but the object is described as executing right angle turns and what's interesting is that one of the UFO's 'lights' was said to be missing - the other ones were also reported to be rotating rapidly.

Don't know if they're thrusters (or what's going on really) but I've never heard of a similar case.

Lawrenceville, Illinois, June 8th, 1964.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04389b10d1df.gif[/atsimg]

On June 8th at 9:30 PM in Lawrenceville, Illinois, which is just across the river from Vincennes, a CE1 sighting took place. The witness, Mrs. Helen Reed, described a close-up observation she had of a peculiar looking object which was in the vicinity of her barn and in the air not more than 10 or 15 feet high. It was a typical domed disc with a flat bottom. When she first observed it the dome was glowing a soft blue. The object then moved erratically away from the barn and the dome turned a bright red orange in color. It then executed several sharp right angle turns and disappeared behind her shed.

Walking over to a position between her barn and shed, Mrs. Reed saw the object approach at a moderate speed and then stop within 50 feet of her. She estimated that the object was no more than 15 feet in diameter and she later described a series of round, yellow lights that encircled the base. She said that these lights were "brighter than headlights" but caused her no discomfort as she observed them.

The lights then began to rotate from left to right and Mrs. Reed noticed that there was one space where a light appeared to be missing. The object hovered in the same position for several seconds with the speed of the revolution of the lights increasing to a high RPM. The object then began to move away; making a sharp, right angle turn to the north and, without gaining altitude, it disappeared from view. Mrs. Reed said that as the object departed, its yellow lights were rotating so rapidly that it gave the appearance of a single band around the object's base. This entire sequence of events lasted, perhaps, 10 minutes.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Low altitude and slow speed sightings are the best and witness details are best when
not changed in the process of National Security. The ships are so strange that who
would ever guess how they operated.

The flat surface of those circular objects must by vibrating the air into illumination.
Something Tesla did and people still do with coils and mostly turn the light off to see.
Static electricity waves must have enough force to make the illumination happen.

If the flat disks, actually thought to be the flat surface of a 1/2 sphere shown in the
Tesla Radiant Energy patent, control forward flow of forces there might be a change
in the idle mode of rotating lights. What might the lights mean if forces are assumed,
well the ship might be moving slightly but not noticed by the crew. I think the crew is
assumed not to feel the exchange of forces they under go.

The round or saucer type ship seem to have the flat lights as a standard feature.
Thus they might be placed on any ship powered the same way. Has any one put
in a large order for solid metal 1/2 spheres, we might follow them to a saucer works.
Or an array of radiant energy generators. This part might be available on the net,
I think I searched once.

Having one disk black might mean movement in that direction.
The top and bottom lights indicate the charge forces of suspension some how related
to North and South Pole Aurora which are different. There is more physical activity
than electrical even though we see illumination. Physical force illumination and not
electrical even though electricity is converted to charges at an extreme rate the
movement of atomic matter in the result.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jumping right past the usual 'tesla this' and 'tesla that' and 'insert random fact with random assertion here'.

The blue colour is related to the lowest state of excitation, the colour results from the ionisation of nitrogen in the air surrounding the craft. The colour is not emitted from the craft but from the ionised air surrounding the craft.

www.thephysicsofufos.com...

In one reported mentioned in Dr. Hyneks The UFO Experience. (1): ".....when the UFO landed it changed from the original red-orange color to a bluish green but that when it rose it changed back to the red-orange."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

Not so fast cause the light effects are from physical movement of the air.
Give Dr. Hyneks a treat and tell him so, enough of your Tesla tricks.
ED: That goes for you star mates as well.
ED+: Any more official story pushers around, don't mention Tesla because there
is no official word on Tesla. Mums the Word. Keep it cool.
ED++: 'tesla this' and 'tesla that' Capital letters please to make it official.
Ed: 'insert random fact with random assertion here'.
and your source tell us what we already know. Thanks.
ED: www.thephysicsofufos.com... WRONG
UFOs Tesla ship style have nothing to with magnets or currents going through coil
to magnetize anything. In fact taking the current in a coil to zero has everything
to do with the physical force that lifts the ship and ionizes the air for Dr Hyneks.

edit on 10/26/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
As briefly mentioned by Jacques Vallee in the video below taken from Orkojoker's UFO Education thread, sometimes 'patterns' of UFO behaviour can be studied and there seems to be quite a few reports down the years of unidentified flying objects performing a kind of pendulum or 'falling leaf' motion during vertical descent.

For those that are interested, NASA's Paul Hill goes into more detail below about specific UFO flight characteristics and there's also a good section dealing with the subject taken from NICAP's 'UFO Evidence' report - the RAF Topcliffe incident is also posted but if anyone is aware of any more case examples then please post away.

Video:

I tried to access this video at Youtube and it was scrambled!
edit on 26-10-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Well now it's working. ???
edit on 26-10-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think Oberth has noted the saucer tilting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Statement about UFO flight characteristics made by Hermann Oberth, father of modern rocketry.

when they are suspended over a certain terrain they keep horizontal; when they want to fly very quick, they tilt (tip) and fly with the plane directed forward.

Perhaps worked on saucers to know so much and must have observed saucers but lacks to
give us dates and environmental conditions at the time.
Jacques Vallee is a tender foot compared to Oberth.
Does he have any sources. Yes all the debunked sightings. Thats great.
Also posted in the same series by Karl 12 the missing bulb

Unknown object witnessed making right angle turns - Illinois, 1964.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

UFO saucer Karl 12 posted for me to give my opinion on, nothing random
just the facts that are withheld like the death of Tesla or Hitler. To bad
they were forced by the Illuminati to develop the saucer forces.
edit on 10/26/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
These strange movements, how does this ties to the Kenneth Arnold 1947 sighting? iirc he said the ufo group are flying like stone skipping on water, with the tailing ufos closely following the leader like a chinese kite.

one more example is the Fatima ligh sighting, witnesses said the light / sun drop down from the clouds (it was raining) and move like falling leaf. thousands of witnesses see the light and its been photographed too.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What i am trying to say is this, from all the sighting report concerning UFO strange motions, can we detect a pattern ? are they doing this out of habit or are they doing this out of necessity or are they doing this move to fool us? (by THEY i mean the perpetrator of UfO phenomena, not necessarily ET, but can be extrapolated to other non human beings)

i believe we should be able to detect pattern from all these sightings.. anyone already detect the pattern of UFO phenomena in ATS ?

- Time of Sighting , Peak time / high frequency of appearance, is it after dark ?
- Method : Did UFO mostly appear to single or small group of people ?
- Purpose : Are these beings trying to scare people ? trying to manipulate people ?
- Location : are these UFO territorial? different type of UFO phenomena on different region? are they separated by landmass/water?
- landmark : whats UFO's relationship with water, why most of sighting occured near or above body of water? some occured on mountains, some in the middle of sea. Did these beings rule different parts of the world according to their mandate?
- legend : anyone can correlate faerie legend pattern with UFO pattern? is UFO waves just another one of the old Faerie movement (which should be avoided by humans) ? how many people in UFOlogy still use Passport to Magonia as their textbook ? How many people research UFO phenomena from the ancient times and not just 20th century sightings?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Addenum :

about faerie legend, the color GREEN are common sight as worn by faeries. In asia there is local legend / mystic that forbid wearing Green clothing near the Sea ruled by a supernatural queen. she and her underling are not faerie but still the pattern of that asian legend matched perfectly with faerie legend halfway around the world.

Some of the UFO sighting also mention GREEN on the occupant's dress/uniform. did anyone else also notice this pattern?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo

What i am trying to say is this, from all the sighting report concerning UFO strange motions, can we detect a pattern ? are they doing this out of habit or are they doing this out of necessity or are they doing this move to fool us? (by THEY i mean the perpetrator of UfO phenomena, not necessarily ET, but can be extrapolated to other non human beings)

Milomilo, don't know what this object witnessed by two pilots back in 1956 was doing but flight characteristics such as undulating motion, instant 90° turns, lazy 8's and square chandelles are mentioned -the UFO was then reported to have shot off in a steep climb at 'fantastic speed' (maybe it was showing off).

UFO Skeptic Pilot Witnesses UFO Near Aircraft

Just after this exchange, the object began to maneuver. It darted hither and yon, rising and falling in undulating flight, making sharper turns than any known aircraft, sometimes changing direction 90 degrees in an instant. All the while the color remained constant, a brilliant blue-white, and the object did not grow or lessen in size. Macintosh and I sat there completely flabbergasted at this unnerving exhibition. I thought of calling the passengers over the public address system, but the object was dead ahead of us and putting on its performance in an area whose arc was not large enough to enable anybody in the cabin to get a view of it out the side windows. After a half minute or so of this dancing, unorthodox flight the object suddenly became motionless and hovered dead still. We were simply confounded by this.

Bates Tower called back, "Capital 77, we are trying to raise ths Brookley Tower"

Right at this moment the strange light began another series of crazy gyrations, lazy 8's, square chandellea, all the while weaving through the air with a sort of rythmic, undulating cadence, the likes of which neither Pete nor I had ever seen. Then, apparently content at the consternation which it had wrought, the object shot out ever the Gulf of Mexico, rising at the most breathtaking angle and at such a fantastic speed that it diminished rapidly to a pinpoint and was swallowed up in the night.

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Pendulum UFO motion reported again in New Orleans during the October 1973 UFO wave.

“We stopped the patrol car and got out. The object moved as a pendulum on a clock, then it would travel at a fast rate of speed in a northerly direction. Then back and forth. After each spurt of speed. It would stop and move as a pendulum again.”

* New Orleans, Louisiana. Daily Record. 17 October 1973.

Some UFO Notes By Loren E. Gross

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Witness describes solid, oval shaped UFO moving back and forth with a pendulum like motion - September, 1973 (full pdf file also has nice article on UFO performance characteristics).

NICAP UFO Investigator - Dec, 1973 (pdf file)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks for the interesting post. Reading the description of this 'falling leaf' pattern of UFO movement reminded me of the object found at the end of Apollo 11 sequence camera magazine H. Initially the object was described to be 'tumbling', as it seemed to roll and rotate randomly on itself while moving along in fairly straight path. This is the same object which I described to be 'freaking out' because it suddenly changes direction and speed right before the abrupt ending of the film.

When this object was viewed in slow motion and zoom, using some common filters such as emboss and inverse color, the result was interesting. I think the object's 'tumble' motion becomes more clear as does its shape. What seemed to be random tumble initially, is now looking more like rotation of disc-like object on tilted axis. The possible shape of the object can also be seen, as there is a glimpse of a raised top on this disc-like object.

I am wondering if the 'tumbling' motion of the object in this video may be related to the 'falling leaf' motion. Reference clip below.

edit on 9-3-2013 by PINGi14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Wow!
When I read the title of your thread the hairs stood up on my neck.
The encounter I had showed that element as well as other movements. I had never heard of that motion being attributed to other sightings before.

As soon as I get my 20 posts I will write a detailed thread about my sightings.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Falling Leaf movement.. didnt the fatima ball of light also do this movement in front of thousands of witnesses..

reminds me of a ... pendulum..

witnesses of close encounters are documented seeing rotating lights, moving lines, pendulum movement,

are these artifacts some kind of activity to hypnotize the witness ?

en.wikipedia.org...

"I feel incapable of describing what I saw. I looked fixedly at the sun, which seemed pale and did not hurt my eyes. Looking like a ball of snow, revolving on itself, it suddenly seemed to come down in a zig-zag, menacing the earth. Terrified, I ran and hid myself among the people, who were weeping and expecting the end of the world at any moment." — Rev. Joaquim Lourenço, describing his boyhood experience in Alburitel, eighteen kilometers from Fatima.[21]

"The sun, at one moment surrounded with scarlet flame, at another aureoled in yellow and deep purple, seemed to be in an exceedingly swift and whirling movement, at times appearing to be loosened from the sky and to be approaching the earth, strongly radiating heat." ― Dr. Domingos Pinto Coelho, writing for the newspaper Ordem.[19]

"The sun's disc did not remain immobile. This was not the sparkling of a heavenly body, for it spun round on itself in a mad whirl, when suddenly a clamor was heard from all the people. The sun, whirling, seemed to loosen itself from the firmament and advance threateningly upon the earth as if to crush us with its huge fiery weight. The sensation during those moments was terrible." — Dr. Almeida Garrett, Professor of Natural Sciences at Coimbra University.[20]

"Before the astonished eyes of the crowd, whose aspect was biblical as they stood bare-headed, eagerly searching the sky, the sun trembled, made sudden incredible movements outside all cosmic laws — the sun 'danced' according to the typical expression of the people." ― Avelino de Almeida,[17]

edit on 11-3-2013 by milomilo because: spelling

edit on 11-3-2013 by milomilo because: grammar spelling

edit on 11-3-2013 by milomilo because: aaa

edit on 11-3-2013 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Appreciate the posts and although it doesn't specifically mention falling leaf or pendulum motion there's more about the Fatima sightings found in this U.S. Rand document (pdf)
-also found testimony of the motion described in the Buff Ledge case from the 7th of August, 1968 and that really is a freaky one.

Buff Ledge UFO.

As the two steadfastly watched the light, three smaller lights seemed to drop from the larger one, which quickly moved up and disappeared from sight. The three smaller objects began to move over the lake.

They were obviously under intelligent control. The objects put on a show for Michael and Janet, doing zigzag maneuvers, loops, and then descended like falling leaves. The three objects now moved even closer to the two baffled teenagers. After forming a triangle, two of the objects pulled back. Michael would later recall a sound "like a thousand tuning forks" when the two left the third craft alone.

link

Encounter at Buff Ledge (pdf)

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Two newspaper articles from 1947 sourced by A51Watcher (thanks very much mate
).

June 21 1947 - Idaho - 11:55 a.m. Oregon Journal

(AP) A Spokane woman saw eight discs the size of a house flying at 600 mph, descending with a "dead leaf motion", and landed before ten witnesses near the shore of the Saint Joe River in Idaho.

July 20 - ...swing back and forth in a pendulum motion...

(a UFO) Idaho Falls, Idaho 2:30 A.M. PST

The Day Before Roswell

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Good section on falling leaf pattern from Otto Binder's great book 'What We Really Know About Flying Saucers' (free E-book link below).

Falling Leaf Pattern

Remarkably consistent, described over and over the same way by countless witnesses, is the "falling leaf" (or"dead leaf") manner of a UFO's losing altitude when it wants to descend a short way. This is often during the time it is approaching the ground for a landing, or for low-level and treetop flight.

Outstanding examples are:

September 26, 1954, Col du Chat, France . Fifteen people saw a disc like an "inverted plate" that was descending "like a falling leaf."

February 24, 1958, Salvador . Three people observed a hemispherical UFO descend from 90 feet to 9 feet above the ground by imitating a "falling leaf."

September 20, 1952, Topcliffe, Yorkshire, England. Following a Meteor-Jet, a silvery disc descended with a "pendulum motion

July 1957, Azusa, California. A disc-shaped UFO with a row of amber lights on its rim descended with a "wobbling motion."

December 25, 1960, Cottonwood, Minnesota. A family observed a hemispherical ball slowly flutter down like a "falling leaf."

For some reason that may have to do with their propulsion (see chapter ahead), UFO's sometimes adopt a spiraling motion to gain altitude, the reverse of the falling leaf descent. But this maneuver is rare enough to be unimportant.

E-book

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join