It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Flight Characteristics ~ Right Angle Turns.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey Karl, & thanks for the thread, etc.

I will describe the only eyewitness accounts I know, of this kind of "sudden angular acceleration". I am not fond of posting my personal accounts, because the ridicule machine p*ss%s me off so much. Nevertheless, I certify that they are true, and I could care less what "debunkers" think. I have nothing to gain from this except for the advancement of this study you are on, which helps us all to understand our world a little more (hopefully). I trust my witnesses to the utmost. The stories related to me are to the best of my memory, although my own sighting is much more clear in my memory.

1) My late Grandmother and Late Grandfather were vacationing with another couple also in their 60's, during the middle 1970s. They were not prone to talking about nonsense, and were upstanding citizens in the community. They were at their cabin sitting next to the Nueces River, near George West TX, just talking and enjoying the stars. My Grandmother and the other lady saw "several red lights up near the stars" darting around like nothing they had ever seen before. She described with the motion of her hands, angular turns that were beyond the possibility of our known aircraft. She described them darting around each other, then disappearing upward.

2) One of my best friends, in his sighting that made him a believer, was on a hunting trip with his father, also in S. Texas in the '70s. He described very nearly the same thing that my Grandmother did, and his Father saw them too. He decided he should shoot at one, and his Father told him "no way are you crazy!"

3) I lived in El Paso TX, from around 1971-1973 as a kid. My friends and I saw some weird things. But on-topic: one late evening we were setting off some homemade fireworks we had made. Some of them made quite a bang by our standards, but they were all made out of broken up firecrackers. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a (very bright) blue light hovering near the base of the Franklin Mt. range, the west side of El Paso near Coronado Hills. Probably 3-4 miles away. As soon as I turned my full focus towards it, it made a seemingly impossible upward arc, toward the mountain and over it. It took less than a second.
I've seen other things, but this is all on the topic of gravity defying accelerations.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks for these info!
Nice thread.
I call this: Disclosure!
S&F.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No G force inside the craft for the crew.
That is obvious.

The craft is 'pulled' by a suspension force and a similar concentrated
force for lateral movement.

1935-07-11: Tesla, 79, Promises to Transmit Force
www.tesla.hu...
Making gravity from the ship.

Almost giving up his secrets.
This sort of did him in.
1940-07-12: Aerial Defense 'Death-Beam' Offered to U. S. By Tesla
1940-09-22: 'Death Ray' for Planes
1940-10-20: Proposing the 'Death Ray' for Defense

Unbelievable forces but who was listening.
Some suspect Germany.
The FBI thought so, or heard about it from spies.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

UFO Flight Chararistics
Now this is what I'm talking about, While I realize that a plane, chopper or any of ours do not operate in the same way.
here are some Chararistics I have observed,

No sound
Rapid upward acceleration
Spinning on the underneath side
Rapid verticle and horizontal movement
Different shapes, circular, in different sizes. triangle,
Strange color lights, not flashing. they seem to be like a infared light on the under side.
No streaming fumes,
No streaks left in the sky.
No lights on when in Rapid travel.
Able to stay in one spot.
Able to make sudden stops.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

they also wobble...maybe they have some good beer on board

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Interesting thread, OP. And your theory as to how it works makes sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies
the flight characteristics of this object also sounds very strange - it was witnessed by several Police Officers over California in 1960 and in their official report below, two state patrolmen describe the object's movements as 'unbelievable'.

The object also appeared to exhibit electromagnetic effects as each time it neared the police officers they experienced radio interference.

California -1960:

During a six-day concentration of UFO sightings in northern California, August 13-18, 1960, at least 14 police officers were among the numerous witnesses. At 11:50 p.m. (PDT) August 13, State Policeman Charles A. Carson and Stanley Scott were patrolling near Red Bluff when they noticed an object low in the sky directly ahead of them.

Witness Sketch:

Verbatim text of the police teletype report to the Area Commander:

"STATEMENT MADE BY OFFICER CHARLES A. CARSON CONCERNING OBJECT OBSERVED ON THE NIGHT OF AUGUST 13,1960.

Officer Scott and I were E/B on Hoag Road, east of Corning, looking for a speeding motorcycle when we saw what at first appeared to be a huge airliner dropping from the sky. The object was very low and directly in front of us. We stopped and leaped from the patrol vehicle in order to get a position on what we were sure was going to be an airplane crash. From our position outside the car, the first thing we noticed was an absolute silence.Still assuming it to be an aircraft with power off, we continued to watch until the object was probably within 100 feet to 200 feet off the ground, when it suddenly reversed completely, at high speed, and gained approximately 500 feet altitude. There the object stopped. At this time it was clearly visible to both of us. It was surrounded by a glow making the round or oblong object visible. At each end, or each side of the object, there were definite red lights. At times about five white lights were visible between the red lights. As we watched the object moved again and performed aerial feats that were actually unbelievable.

Stanley Scott 1851
Charles A. Carson 2358."

Link

Thread

Cheers.
edit on 18-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Unknown object witnessed making right angle turns - Illinois, 1964.

Lawrenceville, Illinois, June 8th, 1964.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04389b10d1df.gif[/atsimg]

On June 8th at 9:30 PM in Lawrenceville, Illinois, which is just across the river from Vincennes, a CE1 sighting took place. The witness, Mrs. Helen Reed, described a close-up observation she had of a peculiar looking object which was in the vicinity of her barn and in the air not more than 10 or 15 feet high. It was a typical domed disc with a flat bottom. When she first observed it the dome was glowing a soft blue. The object then moved erratically away from the barn and the dome turned a bright red orange in color. It then executed several sharp right angle turns and disappeared behind her shed.

Walking over to a position between her barn and shed, Mrs. Reed saw the object approach at a moderate speed and then stop within 50 feet of her. She estimated that the object was no more than 15 feet in diameter and she later described a series of round, yellow lights that encircled the base. She said that these lights were "brighter than headlights" but caused her no discomfort as she observed them.

The lights then began to rotate from left to right and Mrs. Reed noticed that there was one space where a light appeared to be missing. (Exhibit 4A) The object hovered in the same position for several seconds with the speed of the revolution of the lights increasing to a high RPM. The object then began to move away; making a sharp, right angle turn to the north and, without gaining altitude, it disappeared from view. Mrs. Reed said that as the object departed, its yellow lights were rotating so rapidly that it gave the appearance of a single band around the object's base. This entire sequence of events lasted, perhaps, 10 minutes.

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Excellent thread, lots of interesting information.

If the craft used an alcubierre warp drive type propulsion system the craft and the crew would not experience g-forces from rapid acceleration, deceleration, and directional changes.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

Bobbox,thanks for the reply - its not realy a right angle turn report but theres another interesting article below from the 1950 edition of True magazine where a UFO was tracked by trained weather observers on a theodolite pulling 20 G's.

As for an Alcubierre warp, have never heard of that one before but does sound very interesting.

White Sands UFO tracked by theodolite

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3044ecf7e6c9.jpg[/atsimg]

In March 1950 True Magazine published an article written by a Navy officer about his sighting of an unknown object.

STATEMENT OF COMMANDER ROBERT B McLAUGHLIN, USN

On a bright, clear Sunday morning in April, 1949, a detachment of Navy men and a group of scientists released a balloon from a point 57 miles northwest of the White Sands Proving Ground base. They were interested in getting weather data from the upper atmosphere, and as the balloon rose, they charted its flight as usual with a theodolite and a stop watch. There were five observers in all; four of them coordinating the instrument data. One followed the balloon through the theodolite's telescope. One called off the readings. One recorded them, and the fourth man held the watch.

Shortly after the balloon was aloft west of the observation point, the theodolite operator swung his instrument rapidly to the east. A strange object, seen by everyone present, had crossed the path of the balloon. The instrument man, confused, had followed it. Swiftly, one of the scientists grabbed the theodolite and began tracking the missile.

An accurate plot of the object's course was recorded. Analyzing this data later, I can state definitely that:

1. The object, viewed in cross section, was elliptical in shape.

2. It was about 105 feet in diameter.

3. It was flying at an altitude of approximately 56 miles. (This was determined by a ballistics expert. An object at a lower altitude on this particular bright day could not have fitted the data taken. For security reasons, I cannot go deeper into this method of calculating altitude.)

4. Its speed was about 5 miles per second.

5. At the end of its trajectory, it swerved abruptly upward, altering its angle of elevation by 5 degrees - corresponding to an increase in altitude of about 25 miles - in a period of 10 seconds. Rough calculation indicates that a force of more that 20 G's (20 times the pull of gravity) would be required to produce this elevation in this time.

6. The object was visible for 60 seconds.

7. It disappeared at an elevation of 29 degrees.

Close questioning of the observers prior to the official report that went to "Project Saucer" at Wright-Patterson Field in Dayton, Ohio, produced an almost unanimous judgment that the objects was discus shaped and that it was a flat white color. High powered binoculars showed no exhaust trail, no stream of light or other evidence of a propulsions system. And, no sound.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Statement about UFO flight characteristics made by Hermann Oberth, father of modern rocketry.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0afd0b6e865.jpg[/atsimg]

"The appearances are usually described as disks, sometimes as balls or ellipsoids. It sometimes happens that these disks place one upon the other, the largest in the center, the smaller toward the ends, to form an object the shape of a cigar, which then flies away with high speed. Sometimes one already saw such a cigar (UFO) stopping and untie into separate disks. The disks always fly in a manner as if the drive is acting perpendicular to the plane of the disk; when they are suspended over a certain terrain they keep horizontal; when they want to fly very quick, they tilt (tip) and fly with the plane directed forward. In sunlight, which is brighter than their own gleaming, they appear glittering like metal. They are dark orange and cherry red at night, if there is not much power necessary for the particular movement, for instance, when they are suspended calm. Then, they also do not shine very much. If more driving power is necessary, the shining increases (brightens) and they appear yellow, yellow-green, green like a copper flame and in a state of highest speed or acceleration extremely white. Sometimes they suddenly blink or extinguish.Their speed is sometimes very high, 19 km/sec has been measured with wireless measuring instruments (radar). Accelerations are so high that no man could stand it; he would be pressed to the wall and bruised. The accuracy of such measurements has not been doubted. If there would be only 3 or 4 measurements, I would not rely upon them and would wait for further measurements, but there is existing more than 50 such measurements; the wireless sets (radar) of the American Air Force and Navy, which are used in all fighters, cannot be so inaccurate that the information obtained with them can be doubted completely".

Profesor Hermann Oberth, pioneer of rocketry - teacher of Dr. Werner von Braun

Technical Overview: What we think we know about UFOs

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
People say electromagnetic but to be correct from the Tesla
conspiracy side of UFO, saucer and Foo the source is electrostatic.
Apparently even though coils are associated with magnetism, a
coil can produce electrostatic effects like illuminate gas in a light
bulb like the fluorescent bulb. Such electricity issuing from the
craft must be the source of incidental illuminations. The craft
may be stabilized by Earth to ionosphere static forces for altitude
control. Those portholes are evidence of the lateral electrostatic
pressure or force terminals for a apparent separate coil. Thus two
electrostatic pulsing potentials are needed for a one way force.
The Foo probably got by with one coil on a semi movable ring
to zig zag its way around. Got no clue if any of this is true.
ED:
drive is acting perpendicular to the plane of the disk; w
from above
Yeah, he knows its suspended cause von Braun worked on
the craft. Tesla said his craft was suspended from above.
ED2: tilt from the side pulling force together with above
suspension

ED: Oberth knows a lot about UFOs. As if he has seen quite a number
from stall hover to high speed. This one is at high speed and very
bright perhaps.

About rockets he must know how the V2 engine improved.

[edit on 2/20/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

T+L thanks for the reply, here's some more statements and testimony about unusual UFO descriptions and flight characteristics - some of the reports sound very strange indeed and date back way before the 1950s.

"Saucers exist (I saw two). They were intelligently flown or operated (evasive tactics, formation flight, hovering). They were mechanisms, not United States weapons, nor Russian. I presume they are extraterrestrial."
Lt. Colonel Richard Headrick, radar bombing expert, 1959.

"I looked out the window and saw this white light.It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said,Have you ever seen anything like that? He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!" We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light.We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."
President Ronald Reagen (Describing his 1974 UFO encounter to veteran newsman Norman C. Miller, then Washington bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal.)

"UFOs defy worldly logic... The human mind cannot begin to comprehend UFO characteristics: their propulsion, their sudden appearance, their disappearance, their great speeds, their silence, their manoeuvre, their apparent anti-gravity, their changing shapes."
Earl of Kimberly, House of Lords Debate on Unidentified Flying Objects, Jan. 18, 1979.

"I am convinced there was thought behind the thing's manoeuvres".
Lieutenant George Gorman, F51 pilot after being in a 30 minute dogfight with a small UFO in 1948.

"It is impossible for any man-made machine to make a sudden appearance in front of a jumbo jet that is flying 910 kilometers per hour and to remain in steady formation paralleling our aircraft. ... Honestly, we were simply breathtaken."
Japan Airlines pilot Kenju Terauchi in 1986

"More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation, eg that they are hallucinations, the effects of light refraction, meteors, wheels falling from aeroplanes, and the like. They have been tracked on radar screens and the observed speeds have been as great as 9,000 mph. I am convinced that these objects do exist and they are not manufactured by any nation on earth. I can therefore see no alternative to accepting the theory that they come from an extraterrestrial source."
Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding, Commanding Officer of the RAF during WWII.

"... no aircraft, neither in the United States, either in the Soviet Union is currently able to achieve the speed attributed to these objects from the radars and from the observatories. These objects appear to be driven by an intelligence the way in which they fly. According to reports from scientists and technical personnel, these objects fly in formation and finish manoeuvres that seem to point out that are not completely driven from an automatic equipment. These objects are in incontestable mode the result of long investigations and highly technological and exceptional knowledge."
Rear Admiral Delmer S. Fahrney, head missile testing of the American Navy on January 16, 1957.

"UFOs are real. I myself had an experience of this sort in 1951. It was a yellowish-silver disk with deep red edges, moving at high speed at an altitude of some 500 meters..."
Vicecommodore Oscar Bario. Argentinian Defense

"From their maneuvers and their terrific speed I am certain their flight performance was greater than any aircraft known today".
Colonel Carl Sanderson USAF, commenting on his sighting of two circular silver UFOs in close proximity to his plane over Hermanas, New Mexico. The UFOs were said to make a series of seemingly impossible maneuvers before disappearing at an astonishing speed and showing up again over El Paso, Texas.

"Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitude and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major US defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles."
Dr .H Marshall Chadwell, former assistant director of the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence, in a December, 1952 memo to then-director of the CIA, General Walter B. Smith.

"This is the most puzzling case in the radar/visual files. The apparently rational, intelligent behavior of the UFO suggests a mechanical device of unknown origin as the most probable explaination".
Air Force Project Blue Book, SPECIAL REPORT NO. 14, May 5, 1955

"Pilot of helicopters wished to stress fact that object was of a saucer like nature, was stationary at 2000 ft. And would be glad to be called upon to verify any statements and act as witness".
Emergency Report from Maxwell Air Force Base on air space violation by UFO, 1954.

"Based on my experience in fighter tactics, it is my opinion that the object was controlled by something having visual contact with us. The power and acceleration were beyond the capability of any known U.S. aircraft".
F-94 pilot, after encountering a UFO, 1952.

"[Object] described as flat on top and bottom and appearing from a front view to have round edges and slightly beveled ... No vapor trails or exhaust or visible means of propulsion. Described as traveling at tremendous speed.... Pilot considered by associates to be highly reliable, of mature judgment and a creditable observer".
Air Force intelligence report, following UFO sighting by F-51 pilot, 1951

"The unidentified craft appeared to take efficient controlled evasive action".
FBI Memo, describing chase of UFO over the North Sea, 1947.

"This thing had to be going double-digit mach making turns that I didn’t think were possible, breaking all the rules of physics,
The man that visited me later told me in no uncertain terms to keep quiet. He told me I would lose my pilot’s license and it would be the end of my flying days, so for 30 years I've said nothing"”
Retired Air Force pilot Milton Torres discussing his F-86D Sabre fighter jet UFO incident in 1957 in which he was ordered to shoot down a UFO hovering over the British countryside.
Air Force Times Interview, Oct 22nd, 2008.

"An object 'like an oblong pearl' drew steadily closer until perhaps a mile away when, right under my gaze as it were, it suddenly vanished. . . .But it reappeared close to where it had vanished. . . .It drew closer. I could see the dull gleam of light on nose and back. It came on, but instead of increasing in size, it diminished as it approached! When quite near, it suddenly became its own ghost. For one second I could see clear through it and the next. . .it had vanished."
Sir Francis Chichester -June 10, 1931 ,Flying in the Gypsy Moth over the Tasman Sea.

"When [the mysterious light] first appeared it was seen moving rapidly from the northeast and heading in a southwesterly direction. As it neared the southern boundary of the city [of Sacramento] it turned directly toward the west and after passing the city went south, being distinctly visible for upward of 20 minutes."
Deputy Secretary of State, California George A. McCalvy -the San Francisco Call, November 25,1896

"Raising my eyes...I observed a torpedo-shaped body, some 300 feet away, stationary in appearance, and suspended in the air about 50 feet above the tops of the buildings. In size it was about 6 feet long by 8 inches in diameter, the shell, or covering, having a dark appearance, with here and there tongues of fire issuing from spots on the surface, resembling red-hot unburnished copper....this object began to move, rather slowly, and disappeared over Dolan Brother's store, southward. As it moved, the covering seemed rupturing in places, and through these the intensely red flames issued."
Bishop Michaud of Burlington, Vermont -letter to the Monthly Weather Review July 2, 1901

edit on 19-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Contd..

"One night in 1968 while on an operation in the Caribbean, I went up to the open bridge to relieve the watch. At 23:45, the other watch section wouldn't leave – this is really unusual because typically they want to get what’s left of the mid-rats (sandwiches and soup served on the mess deck) and hit the rack However, they stayed to observe two UFO’s that were being tracked on radar by CIC.
They were tracking two bright lights, that didn't answer up to IFF – they weren't enemy, friend, foe or commercial aircraft. And were flying at speeds in excess of 400 knots and making turns at right angles. Nothing we knew of could do this but they did.
We saw them hover over the water within eyesight at about a few thousand yards, one submerging and the other as if standing guard above, waiting for the other to resurface. When it emerged, they buzzed off in formation at about a 45-degree angle to exit our planet. As they became distant, turned color from a bright white to a burning amber, and disappearing within about 10 seconds."
Bridgewatchman G M Brinkman aboard the USS Waldron,1968-Near Puerto Rico

"At about 02:00,I saw the first of many strange lights in the sky. The vast majority were in formation, usually quarter line, and all appeared on the port side.Many were in groups of three, some in groups of five or six. They appeared and disappeared instantly at the same speed a computer screen operates.
Suddenly one of these objects appeared at close range on our port bow at a low elevation. It was disc-shaped and consisted of a very bright light with black windows running around the whole side which was visible to us. It maintained perfect station on us for at least fifteen minutes. I scanned the object with binoculars attempting to see into the windows but saw nothing. I counted the windows and recall there were about two dozen. They were very large and close together and completely black.
Although the body of the object glowed very brightly, it did not prevent me from looking directly at it. The object appeared more oval in shape than round. And then suddenly it was gone. There was no sound made at any time".
George R. MacFarlane, Commander Royal Canadian Navy
Canadian Destroyer H.M.C.S. Iroquois ,May 1952.

We were flying at 5000 feet, solid instruments, with our wingman flying a radar position about 3 miles astern and slightly to our right or left. The target, which was slightly larger than our wingman, I picked up on our scope, had been circling the fleet; it left the fleet and joined up on us a position behind our wingman, approximately the same position he held on us.
I reported the target to the ship and was informed that the target was also held on the ship's radars, 14 in number, and for us to get a visual sighting if possible. This was impossible because of the clouds. The target retained his relative position for approximately 5 minutes and then departed in excess of one thousand miles per hour. He departed on a straight course and was observed to the maximum distance of my radar which was two hundred miles.
Upon completion of my flight, an unidentified flying object report was completed, at which time I was informed that the object was held on ship's radars for approximately seven hours."
Lieutenantt Commander M. C. Davies, U.S. Navy -Korean waters,1951.

"The ship reported, emerging out of the ocean, near port bow, a brightly glowing, reddish-orange elliptical object approximately 70 feet in diameter. It shot out of the water traveling at about 700 mph. This event was tracked on the ships radar and substantiated".
Dan Willis, Naval Code Room Operator, US Navy Communication station,San Francisco.
Speaking about receiving a priority message, classified as Secret, from a military ship near Alaska.

"It was about 10 o'clock and we had just set up our equipment after the helicopter left,when we saw a silvery object, shining in the sun, appear over a small ridge below us. It had a flattened-out look and our first reaction was that it was some kind of delta-wing aircraft. We soon realized it was not.The object was about 50 ft. in diameter,on top of its dome there was a little knob, and around the base of the dome there were circular markings. They might have been some kind of riveting, or even windows. They were a bit too small to tell.
Below these, on the face of the disc itself, there were larger rectangular markings which could have been glass or metallic. Our impression was that they were windows. As far as we could see, there were three of them.
It climbed slowly, then all of a sudden it was off- it shot over the ridge, made a sharp turn without skidding and was out of sight in about 20 seconds. We figured it had gone 20 or 25 miles by the time it disappeared."
John Hembling - Chief Geologist and Mining Exploration Manager - witnessed object with another geologist on reconnaissance survey of British Columbia,July 1965.

"There were bright objects hanging over the sea.The closest object was luminous, round and four to five times larger than a Whirlwind helicopter.
The objects separated. Then one went west of the other, as it manoeuvred it changed shape to become body-shaped with projections like arms and legs".
Flight Leiutennant A.M. Wood. - RAF Boulmer,Northumberland.
UFO also correlated on multiple radar and witnessed by two RAF personnel

UK M.O.D. Declassified Report

"This object came at us from the west. At first it looked like a red hot piece of coal about the size of a quarter held at arm's length. In a matter of seconds it was as large as a ruler held at arm's length. That is when it came to a complete stop.
"The shape of the object was distinct. The body of the object was solid bright red and it gave off a pulsating red glow completely around the object. The object hovered a few seconds, then made a left turn and again hovered for a few seconds, then went straight up like a shot. We watched it until it completely faded beyond the stars."
Patrolman LeRoy A. Arboreen - Dunellen, New Jersey, United States December 20, 1958
Object also witnessed by Patrolman B. Talada.

"The bulk of the object was plainly visible at this time and appeared to be triangular shaped with a bright purple light on the left end and the smaller, less bright, blue light on the right end. The bulk of the object appeared to be dark gray in color with no other distinguishing features. It appeared to be about 200 feet wide and 40-50 feet thick in the middle, tapering off toward both ends. There was no noise or any trail. The bright purple light illuminated the ground directly underneath it and the area in front of it, including the highway and the interior of our patrol car.
After arriving at approximately its original position,it went straight up in the air and disappeared at 25-30 degrees above the horizon."
Deputy Sheriff Bob Goode Damon, Texas, United States September 3, 1965.
Object also witnessed by Chief Deputy Billy McCoy

"I know I'm not crazy .. I've always said I didn't believe in this stuff,I don't know what I saw, but I know I saw something . . It's just hard to describe what happened. It looked like an evening star or something,but it kept getting brighter and bigger.
I heard a whirring noise—like a blender . . Like it was straining, when you first put ice in it—and then the UFO started coming closer.
The thing came right over the car,It came right to us, like it was being piloted - the thing just hovered over us, about 20 or 30 feet up, for more than a minute.
There was light coming out from little windows and light changed colors several times, from soft blue to red to green and other colors. It didn't spin or anything. It just hovered around there -then the thing just picked up and took off, north west, toward Satartia."
Madison County Sheriff's Deputy Kenneth Creel - Flora, Mississippi, United States,February 10, 1977
Object also witnessed by Highway Patrolman Louis Younger.

"The light would throb with an increased intensity prior to each change of colour and hover in the sky for some time and then dart and cover large distances, doing a number of right-angled turns at high speed".
Senior Constable Andrew Luhrs -Gladstone,Southern Australia,May 22, 1996

"I always look behind me so no one can come up behind me. And when I looked in this wooded area behind us, I saw this thing. At this time it was coming up...to about tree top level. I'd say about one hundred feet. it started moving toward us.... As it came over the trees, I looked at Barney and he was still watching the car...and he didn't say nothing and the thing kept getting brighter and the area started to get light...I told him to look over his shoulder, and he did.
He just stood there with his mouth open for a minute, as bright as it was, and he looked down. And I started looking down and I looked at my hands and my clothes weren't burning or anything, when it stopped right over on top of us.The only thing, the only sound in the whole area was a hum...like a transformer being loaded or an overloaded transformer when it changes....
.... it went PSSSSSHHEW, straight up; and I mean when it went up, friend, it didn't play no games; it went straight up."
Deputy Sheriff Dale Spaur Portage County,Ohio,April 17, 1966
Also witnessed by Deputy Wilbur Neff.

"The light would throb with an increased intensity prior to each change of colour and hover in the sky for some time and then dart and cover large distances, doing a number of right-angled turns at high speed".
Senior Constable Andrew Luhrs -Gladstone,Southern Australia,May 22, 1996

edit on 19-10-2012 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Adding to the g-forces question here, from some testimony it also seems that these unknown craft are able to impose an independent inertial frame of reference on other (our) aircraft. Consider the 1973 Mansfield Ohio incident, where a U.S Military helicopter crew were exposed to a steep climb, right after an evasive dive maneuver:

Source NICAP

After the object had broken off its hovering relationship, Jezzi and Coyne noted that the magnetic compass disk was rotating approximately four times per minute and that the altimeter read approximately 3,500 feet; a 1,000 foot-per-minute climb was in progress. Coyne insists that the collective was still bottomed from his evasive descent. Since the collective could not be lowered further, he had no alternative but to lift it, whatever the results, and after a few seconds of gingerly maneuvering controls (during which the helicopter reached nearly 3,800 feet), positive control was achieved. By that time the white light had already moved into the Mansfield area. Coyne had been subliminally aware of the climb; the others not at all, yet they had all been acutely aware of the g-forces of the dive.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

An unusual climb.
Caught up in the upward forces.

There are indications that stranded or malfunction saucers are
rescued by a craft directly above.

I recall a posed UFO with a triangle cloud above a sparking craft many
feet below.

Also a ATS post of a sighting on the west coast about the time of
the Arnold sighting that was in "Man Made UFOs'"

Oberth is mentioned 4 times in "Pertagon Aliens" and only with rockets.
When would Oberth talk about UFOs. For sure he knows more than
the appearance of how they move.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Contd..

"I uttered something that brought us to the attention of Dr. Gilruth and the others. "What the crap is that? What caused me to utter that phrase was, the object took off straight up and went out of sight in less than a second. It may have been longer, but seemed like it was gone in the blink of an eye, but I was still aware that it had actually gone straight up. One of the men there, I still think it was Everette Shafer, turned and asked us what we were doing in the room, and we told them that we were there to inspect the fire alarm panel at the rear of the room and to take our smoke break. And to ask a question of our own. What in hell was that about?"
Dayne Hatten -NASA Fireman Apollo 15

"Observations show that UFOs behave 'sensibly.' In a group formation flight, they maintain a pattern. They are most often spotted over airfields, atomic stations and other very new engineering installations. On encountering aircraft, they always maneuver so as to avoid direct contact. A considerable list of these seemingly intelligent actions gives the impression that UFOs are investigating, perhaps even reconnoitering... The important thing now is for us to discard any preconceived notions about UFOs and to organize on a global scale a calm, sensation-free and strictly scientific study of this strange phenomenon. The subject and aims of the investigation are so serious that they justify all efforts. It goes without saying that international cooperation is vital."
Dr. Felix Y. Zigel, Professor of mathematics and astronomy at the Moscow Aviation Institute

"It was cigar shaped and yellow in colour.It travelled along slowly for a few seconds, then shot off into the night at a fantastic speed. We didn’t know what it was, nor had we ever seen anything like it but many reports have been made at the police station of strange lights and objects".
Police Constable William Bryne -Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Object also witnessed by Police Constable Perry Jackson.

I happened to look up and there was that UFO right above the cornfield, it was just hovering right up above the power lines. -i t was just like the ones you see on TV.
Then it took off like a bullet, just tremendously fast -if I live to be 100, I'll never forget it,"
Henrico County Sheriff A.D. "Toby" Mathews Richmond , Virginia, United States August 9, 1966

The object came low over the harbor. It hovered over a moored ship 465 feet in length. A comparison to the size of the ship would place the UFO at about 350 feet in diameter. After a while, a smaller object separated from the main body and fell straight down, disappearing under the water. At that moment, the main part suddenly accelerated and disappeared.
In my opinion,what was seen over Petrozavodsk was either a UFO, a carrier of high intelligence with crew and passengers, or it was a field of energy created by one."
Vladimir Azhazha, a Moscow Physicist and Oceanographer.

“On several occasions the instruments gave reading of material objects moving at incredible speed. Calculations showed speeds of about 230 knots, of 400 kph. Speeding so fast is a challenge even on the surface. But water resistance is much higher. It was like the objects defied the laws of physics. There’s only one explanation: the creatures who built them far surpass us in development".
Russian Naval Rear Admiral Yury Beketov

"It was made and flown by intelligent beings."
Major Shiro Kubuta, of Japan's Air Self-Defence Force (I think). Kubuta and his pilot, Lt. Colonel Toshio Nakamura, were scrambled in an F-4EJ to intercept what they were told was a Soviet Bomber.Once Airborne they were informed that their target was actually a UFO which had been sighted by ground and was being tracked on radar.
When they closed upon the red, disk-like UFO, it began to manoeuvre around the plane, causing Nakamura to take evasive action.

"Of these UFO reports,the radar/visual reports are the most convincing. When a ground radar picks up a UFO target and a ground observer sees a light where the radar target is located,then a jet interceptor is scrambled to intercept the UFO and the pilot also sees the lights and gets a radar lock only to have the UFO almost impudently outdistance him,there is no simple answer."
Edward J Ruppelt USAF Capt 1956

"Here we had a number of object seen coming in across the North Sea on coastal radar. It looked like a Russian mistake. Jet aircraft were scrambled. The objects were travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph and then came to an abrupt halt near to one of these stations not very high up. Jet aircraft picked them up on aircraft radar. The objects then simply made rings round them."
Ralph Noyes,Senior Official with British Air Ministry - retired as Under Secretary of State in 1977

"We had objects with four-way confirmation – ground visual, ground radar, airborne visual, airborne radar. It doesn’t get any better than that. In my following of unusual aerial phenomena for the past 50 years, there seems to be some reason to discredit very viable and very reputable witnesses when they say something is unidentified."
US Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Lieutenant Colonel Charles Brown

On August fifth [1929] - something remarkable! We were in our camp in the Kukunor district not far from the Humboldt Chain. In the morning about half-past nine some of our caravaneers noticed a remarkably big black eagle flying over us. Seven of us began to watch this unusual bird. At this same moment another of our caravaneers remarked, ‘There is something far above the bird’. And he shouted in his astonishment. We all saw, in a direction from north to south, something big and shiny reflecting the sun, like a huge oval moving at great speed. Crossing our camp the thing changed in its direction from south to southwest. And we saw how it disappeared in the intense blue sky. We even had time to take our field glasses and saw quite distinctly an oval form with shiny surface, one side of which was brilliant from the sun.”
Nicholas Roerich, Altai-Himalaya
Roerich Museum,N.Y.

"What I found [in doing research for the book Project Delta] was compelling evidence to claim that most of these aerial objects far exceeded the terrestrial technology of the era in which they were seen. I was forced to conclude that there is a great likelihood that Earth is being visited by highly advanced aerospace vehicles under highly 'intelligent' control indeed."
DR. RICHARD F. HAINES
Retired NASA senior research scientist
Ames Research Center
Research Institute for Advanced Computer Science,1998.

"...and it was up to them to tell us if they (UFOs) were real---some type of vehicle flying through our atmosphere. If they were real,then they would have to be spacecraft because no one at the meeting gave a second thought to the possibility that the UFOs might be a super secret U.S. aircraft or a Soviet development. The scientists knew everything that was going on in the U.S. and they knew that no country in the world had developed their technology far enough to build such a craft that would perform as the UFOs were reported to do."
Captain Ed Ruppelt -Chief of Project BlueBook

"We were asking the Americans, 'Are you operating a prototype aircraft in our airspace?' That, of course, was nonsense. You simply would not do that from a diplomatic and political point of view. It would undermine the entire structure of NATO if you were putting things through someone else's airspace, particularly a close ally, without seeking the proper diplomatic clearance. But we had to ask. And the Americans, having had similar reports, I guess, since the Hudson Valley wave [New York state, mid-1980s], had been quietly asking us if we had some large, triangular shaped object that could go from 0 to Mach 5 in a second. Our response was that we wished we did. This was the bizarre situation: that we were chasing the Americans, and the Americans were chasing us.
The official line from the Ministry of Defense is, 'Yes, this happened. No, we don't know what it is, but we say that it is of no defense significance.' How can it possibly be of no defense significance when your best jet is left for standing by a UFO? And, again, how can it be of no defense significance when your air defense region is routinely penetrated by structured craft?"
Nick Pope, headed up the "UFO desk" at Air Secretariat 2-A, British Ministry of Defense from 1991-1994

Thread

edit on 18-3-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

dart and cover large distances, doing a number of right-angled turns at high speed".

There is a 12 position switch and a few items labeled GE 15kva drawn
from memory in "Pentagon Aliens" that are apparently controls for
the ship.
Once going at some set speed the pilot would move the lever that
looked almost like a train engineer control.
Not too many train parts being hauled on the back of a CIA truck
in New Mexico I suspect as spotted by Lyne.

ED: fast moving no turn:

A standing wave disturbance surrounds the craft. A dirigible or zeppelin design from Tesla powers the ship as a transmission of force works just as he said. Those big coil 'antennas' of Tesla are ether force transmitters. I don't have a clue if thats true but the Tesla UFO, saucer and Foo conspiracy might say its close.

There should be noticeable disturbances around these 'radio' craft.

[edit on 2/21/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

Adding to the g-forces question here, from some testimony it also seems that these unknown craft are able to impose an independent inertial frame of reference on other (our) aircraft. Consider the 1973 Mansfield Ohio incident, where a U.S Military helicopter crew were exposed to a steep climb, right after an evasive dive maneuver:

Source NICAP

After the object had broken off its hovering relationship, Jezzi and Coyne noted that the magnetic compass disk was rotating approximately four times per minute and that the altimeter read approximately 3,500 feet; a 1,000 foot-per-minute climb was in progress. Coyne insists that the collective was still bottomed from his evasive descent. Since the collective could not be lowered further, he had no alternative but to lift it, whatever the results, and after a few seconds of gingerly maneuvering controls (during which the helicopter reached nearly 3,800 feet), positive control was achieved. By that time the white light had already moved into the Mansfield area. Coyne had been subliminally aware of the climb; the others not at all, yet they had all been acutely aware of the g-forces of the dive.

1SawSomeThings, you certainly touched upon a truly remarkable UFO incident there mate and I doubt anyone will ever come up with a satisfactory explanation for that one - as it states at the thread by Internos below, there were also (separately located) witnesses on the ground who saw the helicopter bathed in green light and the '1,000 foot-per-minute climb' manouevre is pretty mindboggling - it's also interesting that the airmen reported the magnetic compass was behaving erratically in the cockpit like with so many other pilot UFO reports.

Clip:

The Coyne incident, Mansfield, Ohio, 1973

Cheers.
edit on 18-3-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix video link

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
There is a 12 position switch and a few items labeled GE 15kva drawn
from memory in "Pentagon Aliens" that are apparently controls for
the ship.

T+L thanks for the reply, thats a pretty strange UFO clip -thanks for posting that one.

I've been told to read 'Pentagon Aliens' by another friend and its definitely on the reading list - here it is in free E-Book format along with another Tesla book which looks like it may well be worth a read:

Pentagon Alien by William Lyne

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83670970b14a.jpg[/atsimg]

Lyne's book is THE most important book published to date on the origin of "saucers" as man-made craft using stolen Tesla technology. Although Pentagon Aliens and its author are seldom mentioned by others, they have had a major impact on the UFO field. In fact, I believe all other UFO books need to be compared to Lyne's Pentagon Aliens to see whether they can hold up to Lyne's information on Tesla, ether propulsion and military disinformation.

Link (pdf)

The Fantastic Adventures of Nikola Tesla, by Nikola Tesla and David H. Childress.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81b745fda4d3.jpg[/atsimg]

First Biographical Sketch (1691), The First Patents (1666 to 1606),
Experiments With Alternate Current Of High Potential & High Frequency (1691), More Patents (1689 to 1900), Transmission of Electric Energy Without Wires (1904), Tesla's Amazing Death-Ray,
The Most Unusual Inventions, The Last Patents (1913 to 1928), Tesla & the Pyramids of Mars ,Appendix: Supreme Court documents on The Dismantling of Wardenclyffe Tower.

Link (pdf)

Cheers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join