It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Haw

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You seem to downplay how big a mistake it is. That's not just a small mistake to make to say he was not even born in America but in Africa.
Secondly, why was the mistake not fixed sooner than years later?
Just because the person said it was an error that doesn't really settle anything. I need to hear a sufficient explain of why the error was made in the first place.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by kawika

That is the thing, I had to submit my own bio in 1988 and 1989. Presumably, so would Obama. That is if he filled out and returned the bio to them. Otherwise he would be listed with minimal information.

Might have to search out some libraries to find the actual book versus relying on online information. Come to think of it, there may be a lot of unanswered questions to be found.

Why presume when we have actual facts.

The presumption mentioned here is that Obama would also have to submit his own bio to Who's Who. You would have to read my previous post to catch that. I figure that you have but are a bit distracted.

We have the author of the bio herself, and we have the publisher of the booklet both saying independently that the individuals did not write their own bios.

What we have is them currently claiming to have manufactured the bio in the book touted to literary publishers. Could be that they were mistaken. Could be that they are claiming that they were mistaken because they have already been contacted by Obama's staff. If I had the indisputable fact that Obama was born in Kenya due to a professional relationship (literary agent) but was told by my former (or maybe still current client) to lie... I probably would especially if there was going to be a dump truck of money coming and if money was my motivator. Fact is that money is not my motivator and I would sing like a canary, but then again Obama and I do not have a professional relationship.

It makes no sense to make wild accusations when you have facts staring you in the face and you refuse to use them.

I partially agree with you here. Well, except we don't really have any facts. Facts are indisputable. At best we have "truths" Truth is whatever we want and accept it to be. Obama could go on Live TV and say he was sorry but he was born in Kenya and quite a number of people would say he was joking. They would go to their graves believing he lied about being born in Kenya because for them, that is the truth. Just like many "birthers" (I hate that term) believe it to be true that he was not born in Hawaii, yet have no absolute fact.

Personally, I have found the entire issue to be suspicious and a bit curious. But the one truth I hold dear about the entire thing is that we will never see a single solid fact presented either way. The people that hold the information will never release it and the ones seeking will never have access to it. In fact, I have never seen a picture of his diploma to either Occidental nor Harvard signifying he ever graduated from either. Surely neither diploma would a matter of National Security to keep hidden. As I am pretty sure a diploma isn't going to be the passcode to the nuclear arsenal or anything of that nature.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Big deal if he WAS born in Kenya.

We are a REPUBLIC, not a Democracy. The American people don't pick their PResident, and never have.

WOW. short, sweet and TO THE POINT!

Donations decide who becomes president. If you have more then you always win, if you have less than you always lose. BUT the democrats did try and change it and guess what, the republicans knock it down.

Democrats=democracy
Republicans=republicanism

Even if you vote for a democrat you STILL get a republican. The republicans can't lose right?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's perfect example of your bias.
I don't know if she's lying. I cannot get inside her skull.

But here you are, you somehow knew that I thought she was lying? How do you know what I was thinking? Are you psychic? I don't really believe in psychics so much I think it's mostly hocus pocus, especially considering you didn't read my mind correctly.

So I either agree with you or disagree with you? I am not allowed to sit on the fence and allow the facts to speak for themselves?

I never said this was legit, I said the odds of it being a mistake are absurd, and instead a more feasible debunking would be that it was entirely faked. That was just an opinion based on the circumstances rather than a conclusion about validity.

The only fact on your side is that you are 100% opinionated and bias. There is no option that you might be wrong, in fact out of the thousands of ATS posts I have read from you, you NEVER once admitted you were incorrect. It's always "Im right you are all wrong".

If you noticed...that was a question to you...but I guess you didn't notice.

The only fact is that the author said it was her mistake....end of story.

If you want to continue to believe this little bio has any merit as proof
that Obama was born in Kenya...then you have to prove that the author of the bio is lying.

If you can't do that...then all you have is speculation.

I'm taking people at their word...it is the only FACTS we have right now...if you don't like it....start proving that she is lying...otherwise I would think you would just dismiss the entire thing. But it seems you can't....you are stuck on it and there MUST be a conspiracy in here somewhere....right?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I knew it was only a matter of time until someone played the race card lol

so $&@!ing predictable.

Really...where is it???

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Let me bring you up to speed.

Obama is sitting pretty well to be re-elected.

I don't buy into the scary and evil TPTB...so when you say "they" are responsible...it just makes me chuckle.

You're right. He'll win by default because no one wants Romney. The PTB (insert chuckle) planned it that way.

I'll be surprised if 10 million people even show up at the polls this year. People are fed up. Well..the ones paying attention anyway. The others are too distracted and disconnected to care.

Ron Paul 2012
edit on 17-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So much for Obama. He isn't even smart enough to proof a bio for HIS FIRST BOOK?

Thanks for pointing this out - I did the same about a hundred pages ago, but less forthrightly. To me THAT is the biggest question.

So Obama either agreed to their game of "a student born in Kenya becomes a success in America" (disturbing on its own) OR he didn't read it OR it's true.

If there's another choice I'm open to hear it.

edit on 18-5-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

-Show me where the author admitted it was a mistake.

Gladly.

abcnews.go.com...

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me--an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote in an emailed statement to Yahoo News. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

-The publishers claimed it was standard practice to have bio's authorized by the individual they were writing them for before publication (as verified by other people here who have had bios published)

We have unknown ATS members claiming that...but not the publisher of this booklet...and it is right in the OPs article (I guess you didn't read it).

www.breitbart.com...

Acton, who spoke to Breitbart News by telephone, confirmed precise details of the booklet and said that it cost the agency tens of thousands of dollars to produce.

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.

Your welcome...not that you are going to accept any of these facts...but we both knew that even before you asked the questions.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Obama didn't even "proof" it?

So much for Obama. He isn't even smart enough to proof a bio for HIS FIRST BOOK?

Hmmmm.

I remember a few people saying Ron Paul needed to come clean,and was ultimately responsible about some racist newsletters.....

How the shoe doesn't fit,when it comes to Obama,hey?

I would actually call those who said that hypocrites........
edit on 18-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't know...you'd have to ask him if he did...the publisher admitted that not everyone approved their bios before hand.

Your argument is getting weaker and weaker by the page...but at least you are now admitting he didn't write it...I guess we can call that progress.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by spoor

You want the Supreme Court to use a bio authored by someone else in a booklet that promotes multiple books as evidence that Obama was born in Kenya????

Are you seriously kidding me???

No, they are not kidding you, that is exactly what birthers want!

Why do you have to "label" people who question something?

Why are they called nasty words intended to belittle and marginalize them?

Why can't you just answer the question sufficiently and avoid the personal attacks?

There is only one answer Birthers will accept...and that is Obama was born in Kenya...they aren't just asking questions...they are trying to confirm their pre-determined conclusion that they have no evidence for.

It's right here. Unless of course you are implying that "birthers" are bigots. Which is equally predictable. Perhaps you should clarify what you mean by "hateful" or... I don't know... clarify what you mean by "birthers".

You seem to have us all pegged so well.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by beezzer

Hmmmm.

I remember a few people saying Ron Paul needed to come clean,and was ultimately responsible about some racist newsletters.....

How the shoe doesn't fit,when it comes to Obama,hey?

I would actually call those who said that hypocrites........
edit on 18-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

A valid point, sir. However, Paul did not release a photoshop document as a birth certificate

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

But when you couple this on TOP of everything else, you'd have to be in complete denial bordering on comatose, to not at least raise an eyebrow.

When you couple this on top of what???

All the other Birther lies and hoaxes???

How many Birther cases have been thrown out of court? The one that actually was heard was defeated and Obama and his lawyer didn't even have to present a defense....the prosecutors did a fine job of defeating themseleves.

So what exactly are we coupling this with besides more Birther non-sense that has been proven false???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Obama was born 1961

Kenya was formed in 1963

- This crushes and destroys any possibility of Obama being born in Kenya.

- If you believe Obama was born in Kenya you believe impossible things.

Do you see why most Americans laugh at you for being flat uneducated?

Since Obama was born in 1961 and Kenya was not formed until 3 years later its is impossible for Obama to have been born in Kenya.

And the newspaper announcement in Hawaii at the time of Obama's birth is also another huge piece of evidence that in fact the data points towards Obama being born in Hawaii.

History of Kenya

As part of East Africa, the territory of what is now Kenya has seen human habitation since the beginning of the Lower Paleolithic. The Bantu expansion from a West African center of dispersal reached the area by the 1st millennium AD. With the borders of the modern state at the crossroads of the Bantu, Nilo-Saharan and Afro-Asiatic ethno-linguistic areas of Africa, Kenya is a truly multi-ethnic state.

European and Arab presence in Mombasa dates to the Early Modern period, but European exploration of the interior began only in the 19th century. The British Empire established the East Africa Protectorate in 1895, from 1920 known as the Kenya Colony.

The independent Republic of Kenya was formed in 1964. It was ruled as a de-facto single-party state by the Kenya African National Union (KANU), a Kikuyu-Luo alliance led by Jomo Kenyatta during 1963 to 1978. Kenyatta was succeeded by Daniel arap Moi, who ruled until 2002. Moi attempted to transform the de-facto single-party status of Kenya into a de-jure status during the 1980s, but with the end of the Cold War, the practices of political repression and torture which had been "overlooked" by the Western powers as necessary evils in the effort to contain communism were no longer tolerated. Moi came under pressure, notably by US ambassador Smith Hempstone, to restore a multi-party system, which he did by 1991. Moi won elections in 1992 and 1997, which were overshadowed by political killings on both sides. During the 1990s, evidence of Moi's involvement in human rights abuses and corruption (Goldenberg scandal) was uncovered. He was constitutionally barred from running in the 2002 election, which was won by Mwai Kibaki. Widely reported electoral fraud on Kibaki's side in the 2007 elections resulted in the 2007–2008 Kenyan crisis.

edit on 18-5-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

link   
I'd say "Let's agree to disagree". the fire brigade is on the way to put out this flame war.
But all joking aside. At this point, if you don't think there is anything to the question of Obama's birth then no amount of evidence is going to dissuade you. And likewise, if you do believe Obama was not born in the united States, chances are no silly argument on ATS will dissuade you either.

Obama has his faults (too many to name) and so did Bush... and so did Clinton, and Bush Sr, and Reagan, and Carter, and Ford, and Nixon, and LBJ, and Kennedy.... You see where I'm going with this?

No one man can be blamed for the ills of The united states nor the World as a whole. They are just a series of figureheads and scapegoats.

The solution? every elected office has a STRICT 2 year term limit.And no man (or woman) can hold more than 2 positions in their lifetime.
There should not be such a thing as "Career politician". If we want a government by and for the People it should be run BY AND FOR THE PEOPLE.
All of our problems come down to one thing: Preservation of Power. Whether that power be political or economic in nature.
In other words: GREED
I'm telling you. My plan for term and office limits would solve many of our problems.

But anywa, back to the question at hand - Obama is hiding the truth of his birth, the MSM is in collusion and no amount of bitching, moaning, or arguments online is going to change a damn thing about it. the damage is done and will continue unabated and there is nothing we can do about it...now.

link   

As hard as you were to Ron Paul for those racist newsletters,your going to give Obama a pass ?

Priceless.

Obama HAD to know,what was being said about him.

Hes just as culpable,if he let the lie,go. Dishonesty is Obama's REAL name.

link   
Is there any information that explains why the author of the bio went with Kenya as the birthplace? They must have chose it for a reason. Is it just that his father is Kenyan? They made it clear in their statement "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii..." so what information did they have to suggest that he was?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Mods please stop them from getting away with using pejorative labels designed to infuriate and upset people.

Look there is a terminology for people who question the President's origins, and it is only used to attack and ridicule them. It is not used in any legitimate format, but rather as a trolling mechanism to create mud slinging matches and fight over pointlessness.

Or is it ok if we can just name call them back?
Like guy 1: You birthers
guy 2 : You idiots

Is this how ATS should be? Or should we have higher standards and attempt to avoid the petty name calling?
Just an honest question.

How exactly is "birthers" a pejorative label...it is a descriptive label from my perspective.

Birthers: Ones that have issue with Obama's birth place.

Now they have gotten a bad name because they have come up with so much non-sense...but that doesn't make the label negative on it's face.

If you think "birthers" is a negative label...it's only because Birthers themselves have created a negative stereotype of themselves.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind

You seem to downplay how big a mistake it is. That's not just a small mistake to make to say he was not even born in America but in Africa.
Secondly, why was the mistake not fixed sooner than years later?
Just because the person said it was an error that doesn't really settle anything. I need to hear a sufficient explain of why the error was made in the first place.

Why would it matter back then?

Why would they re-print something that took them tens of thousands of dollars to print to correct a mistake in a, at the time, relatively unknown person who's birthplace didn't matter???

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
So the hard facts point towards Obama being born in Hawaii.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join