It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 28
38
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rottensociety
So how about thinking that Christianity, with all its flaws, is the lesser of two "evils"?? Either you live in a world where homosexuality is frowned upon or you live in a world dictatorship where all your freedom is lost - which would you prefer?


Hate the gays, or we are all going to be nazi's...

really..seriously, I don't even know where to start addressing this logical fallacy. Maybe someone else can help me out...preferrably a christian (since atheists are just nazi's anyhow).

anyhow, this thread I made is about a study CHRISTIANS did about their own flock...
so, you saying they didn't think that one through then? that the christian organization is trying to usher in the big NWO dictatorship?

-rubs temples, chuckes a bit also-




posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulReaper
 


thank you for the respectful and thoughtful answer.

regretfully, the nature of my spiritual view is quite different, and Christ, to me, is not the Only Son of God. or a necessary Savior.

in fact, to divulge, i am an ordained Wiccan minister.

however, much of what is taught by Christ is powerful and beautiful, and as a teacher of compassion, his proverbs resonate profoundly.

in fact, if one were to say Compassion is our savior, to this i would agree. however, compassion comes in many forms and need not be wrapped in the shawl of a Judeo-Christian version of the Divine Infinite.

anyway, i can go on and on as well discussing and debating the finer points of theology, but that is not what this thread is about. i respect the path that resonates with you. you have found your light.

the issue i have is that many who walk such a path do not respect those who have found light on another, and instead name us as devils... even as the pharisees named Christ.

peace.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined
 


thank you for the clarification. it is an interesting distinction you make. one to discuss more fully on another thread, as i fear i may have taken a few of us off topic a bit in this one.

i will repeat, however, that i am sure the clergy of the day felt Martin Luther's 95 theses was "new age" and devil sent. not to mention John Calvin, or any of the other founders of the plethora of Christian sects that emerged.

not to mention the Jews in regards to the Christians. alas, many of us fear change. yet, without change, there is no growth, and stagnantation is the only true death.

peace.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Deetermined
 


Dear Deetermined,



Well, last I checked, you were supposed to repent for your sins before you could receive salvation. Is repentance something your church teaches?


Sin means to fall short of perfection, to miss the mark. When they ask, I tell them that homosexuality is a sin and that lust is a sin and that I lust when I see a pretty woman. I am not sinless. I tell them that none of us are perfect and we aren't going to become perfect. The point of the sermon on the mound was to show us that we are incapable of being sinless. Which sin people choose to address in their life is between them and God.

Paul said he was the greatest sinner of all. People tend to skip that part of the bible. As for me, I tell people to focus on faith and being of service to others. I think our focus should be on how we are improving and not on how we fall short or we never improve and get stuck in a rut. Just because we have gay members does not mean it is the focus of our services, it is not. There is plenty of bible to discuss and we do. I am sorry that you think the purpose of the church is to beat people for being imperfect, I disagree.


Beat people? Who said anything about beating people for being imperfect?

I mention that as a leader that you should guide them, talk to them, lead them to scripture, not beat them down.

Since you totally left out any mention of repentance, I'm guessing that your church doesn't feel the need for it. I guess any mention of repentance in general makes people too uncomfortable, so just leave that part out. Whatever.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by SoulReaper
 


thank you for the respectful and thoughtful answer.

regretfully, the nature of my spiritual view is quite different, and Christ, to me, is not the Only Son of God. or a necessary Savior.

in fact, to divulge, i am an ordained Wiccan minister.

however, much of what is taught by Christ is powerful and beautiful, and as a teacher of compassion, his proverbs resonate profoundly.

in fact, if one were to say Compassion is our savior, to this i would agree. however, compassion comes in many forms and need not be wrapped in the shawl of a Judeo-Christian version of the Divine Infinite.

anyway, i can go on and on as well discussing and debating the finer points of theology, but that is not what this thread is about. i respect the path that resonates with you. you have found your light.

the issue i have is that many who walk such a path do not respect those who have found light on another, and instead name us as devils... even as the pharisees named Christ.

peace.




An ordained Wiccan minister, impressive.

My mastery is more along the lines of the Octagon.

Paz
edit on 16-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: 101



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined
 


Dear Deetermined,



Since you totally left out any mention of repentance, I'm guessing that your church doesn't feel the need for it. I guess any mention of repentance in general makes people too uncomfortable, so just leave that part out. Whatever.


Repentance is discussed. Jesus showed a good example of this. After giving the first communion (Lord's Supper), Jesus then washed the feat of his disciples and then went to be captured. The Lord's Supper was our recognition that we were imperfect and needed God's salvation. The response to that repentance is to go out and be of service to others as Jesus was and taught. You cannot get rid of the darkness in the world; but, you can attempt to bring in some light.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   


Well then apparently your reading comprehension should be addressed. Because you own individual ignorance is what missed This

Accountability to who and friggin what FLY??
I will REPEAT acountability to who and what FLY??
Sure play ignorant. The mods love it.
duh
edit on 5/16/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)



you have officially blown my mind, sir.


i have no idea what you mean by FLY... Lord of the Flies? Fly and the Family Stone? seriously, i'm ignorant... so do this dotard a favor and spell out just what in tarnation you mean by this elusive FLY!!!!!!!!!! so i can respond properly.


PS what do the mods have to do with it?



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


octagon as in MMA, or Octagon as in sacred geometry... or octagon as in the I Ching... or octagon as in you're a big fan of geometric shapes whose sum of their interior angles equals 1080 degrees?


hmmm....



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


octagon as in MMA, or Octagon as in sacred geometry... or octagon as in the I Ching... or octagon as in you're a big fan of geometric shapes whose sum of their interior angles equals 1080 degrees?


hmmm....


You are fairy charming for a wiccan, I am starting to like you.

Why not all of them?

Care to step into one with me and find out?
edit on 16-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: .32



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini
 


regretfully my mastery lay more in the pentagon through septagon arena, and i would hate to embarrass myself within the ol' octo... but thanks for the offer!

cheers.


and did you mean "fairy" or "fairly", 'cause both are humorous.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Whoever wrote this thread is a TROLL and a *****.

I as most people know am a follower of Lucifer.

However, I will back the Christian movement and Islamic movement for the first time ever, by saying that both these religions are not homophobic you child.

They are followers of a god that believes STATES it is wrong for a man to lie with another man like they lie with a woman. Its their BELIEF boy.

I can not stand all these homo people inflicting their unnatural ways on the rest of humanity. Homosexuality is proven to be the biggest spreaders of DISEASE by way of sexual contamination. AIDS is spreading so fast BECAUSE of Homosexual men. They spread this disease and have no care for the rest of the planets WAY of life.


I DO NOT condone nor do I support the homosexual agenda or their uncleanliness.

IN THE USA


ATLANTA, Georgia, August 24, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced the CDC's estimate Monday that in the United States AIDS is fifty times more prevalent among men who have sex with men ('MSM') than the rest of the population. Dr. Amy Lansky revealed this statistic during a plenary session at the 2009 HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta.

The CDC had already revealed last year that approximately 53% of the estimated 56,300 new HIV cases in 2006 were in homosexual men, with the African American population being particularly affected.


AID 50 times Higher in Homo men!!

CDC PDF


IN CANADA


Gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM) continued to comprise the greatest proportion (44%) of new HIV infections in 2009. In 2008, persons who inject drugs (IDU) comprised 21% of new HIV infections


AIDS STATS FOR CANADA



In many countries, men who have sex with men have been heavily affected by HIV and AIDS. HIV prevalence among men who have sex with men has been found to be as high as 25% in Ghana, 30% in Jamaica, 43% in coastal Kenya and 25% in Thailand.12 In the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and many parts of Western Europe, more people have become infected with HIV through male-male sex than through any other transmission route



I am of the view that the Christian Religion is NOT homophobic..because homophobia is just a MADE UP political nonsense to pacify the gay population for votes and VOTES alone. NO such thing as homophobia its just a way of controlling the people and another made up BS PC thing like islamaphobia!!



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The problem with this thread is that you can't sum Christianity up in one word....

It's like saying Islam can be summed up in one word - fanatics.

See, doesn't work, does it?



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CannibalCorpse1982
As much as I hate the Christian religion...it is in thier Bible to be anti-homosexual. So i don't see how this is a suprise


Well being ignorant of the bible is no crime.
Bet you don't even know who wrote it. Do you?



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by SavedOne
 



There are zero passages that mention homosexuality in the King James version


From the KJV.

Romans 1:26,27

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.


Maybe not the actual word, but it sounds straightforward enough to me.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Klassified because: Clarity and add quote.


Paul also said that women should keep their .s covered and keep silence it the church, they also were basically communists,since they all put all combined all their money so everyone could be taken care of. But we wouldn't want to do that, now would we?



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos


Well then apparently your reading comprehension should be addressed. Because you own individual ignorance is what missed This

Accountability to who and friggin what FLY??
I will REPEAT acountability to who and what FLY??
Sure play ignorant. The mods love it.
duh
edit on 5/16/2012 by longjohnbritches because: (no reason given)



you have officially blown my mind, sir.


i have no idea what you mean by FLY... Lord of the Flies? Fly and the Family Stone? seriously, i'm ignorant... so do this dotard a favor and spell out just what in tarnation you mean by this elusive FLY!!!!!!!!!! so i can respond properly.


PS what do the mods have to do with it?

It must be a gift to type and not remember what you say to the membership
Originally posted by mythos
.
"this is not christian hating... this is accountability."
========================================

Here it is.
Do not dodge it forever,
Accountability to who and what?
That is my question.
Got anything but spin now?



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   


"this is not christian hating... this is accountability."
========================================

Here it is.
Do not dodge it forever,
Accountability to who and what?
That is my question.
Got anything but spin now?


aha... thank you. i meant no dodge but was sidetracked by the whole FLY business. now that we are clear, i can proceed:

accountability to the whole of society (because not everyone believes as a Christian does) for the persistence and tenacity in fear & hate mongering towards the homosexual community.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by staver

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by SavedOne
 



There are zero passages that mention homosexuality in the King James version


From the KJV.

Romans 1:26,27

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Leviticus 18:22

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.


Maybe not the actual word, but it sounds straightforward enough to me.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Klassified because: Clarity and add quote.


Paul also said that women should keep their .s covered and keep silence it the church, they also were basically communists,since they all put all combined all their money so everyone could be taken care of. But we wouldn't want to do that, now would we?


Is this the NON CHRISTIAN PAUL you reference?

Paul the Apostle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Apostle - Similarto Paul the Apostle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paul claimed to be "of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee." But the Bible reveals very little ...

Conversion of Paul the Apostle - Sola fide - Paul the Apostle and women

`so so sad ljb



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
The problem with this thread is that you can't sum Christianity up in one word....

It's like saying Islam can be summed up in one word - fanatics.

See, doesn't work, does it?


this is not the OP's opinion, per say, but the results of a poll which the OP has sited... which raises a serious question: why is "Anti-Homosexual" so strongly attached to Christianity?

it is a valid question. one, to be honest with you, i have not seen a legitimate response to in these 25+ pages... which i also find is rather interesting.

of course, this is a sensitive topic, but again, the question is valid - much in the same way that it is a valid topic to discuss why Islam is associated with "fanatics". why is Christianity so closely associated in people's minds to anti-Homosexuality.

there is no trolling, no bashing, no hating... just a legitimate exploration of a sensitive & mature topic. one that seems to sensitive & mature for a majority of folk who have stopped by.

cheers.





edit on 16-5-2012 by mythos because: semantics



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by staver
 



Paul also said that women should keep their .s covered and keep silence it the church, they also were basically communists,since they all put all combined all their money so everyone could be taken care of. But we wouldn't want to do that, now would we?

Paul seems to have had a definite problem with females. Maybe he was abused, or maybe it was his upbringing in the synagogue.

Regarding commune-ism. In the stricter sense of the word, yes they were. At least briefly. And no, we wouldn't want to do that.



new topics

top topics



 
38
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

log in

join