It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by SaturnFX
So, your wanting a sort of bunkhouse for men whom were beaten by women or something?
I am in two minds about the violence against women act mind you...I see the practical necessity of it..not all things are equal..men are stronger than women, and have a much greater role of physical intimidation over a woman..this is simple biology.
Is it unfair? no...is it equal? no. I am ultimately not bothered about a place where women can escape abusive partners...but then again, I have a slightly traditional view of men and women. Mostly because biological differences show this is how things simply are.
In your own words, you feel that men should be denied a safe haven because of their gender. The Amendment the Republicans brought(That the NOW opposes), would of forced all Domestic violence shelters that receive Federal monies to offer equal services to male victims of Domestic Violence.
There is no biological difference that justifies discrimination! You keep twisting your words and wiggling around like a psychopathic snake.
edit on 17-5-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by mythos
Originally posted by Signals
The problem with this thread is that you can't sum Christianity up in one word....
It's like saying Islam can be summed up in one word - fanatics.
See, doesn't work, does it?
this is not the OP's opinion, per say, but the results of a poll which the OP has sited... which raises a serious question: why is "Anti-Homosexual" so strongly attached to Christianity?
it is a valid question. one, to be honest with you, i have not seen a legitimate response to in these 25+ pages... which i also find is rather interesting.
of course, this is a sensitive topic, but again, the question is valid - much in the same way that it is a valid topic to discuss why Islam is associated with "fanatics". why is Christianity so closely associated in people's minds to anti-Homosexuality.
there is no trolling, no bashing, no hatinIg... just a legitimate exploration of a sensitive & mature topic. one that seems to sensitive & mature for a majority of folk who have stopped by.
edit on 16-5-2012 by mythos because: semantics
The Christians that do think homosexuality is a sin are not practicing what they preach in a number of ways.
Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by FlyInTheOintment
Hmmmm...true christianity? So whose version of christianity is true and whose is false?
Quotes by WhoKnows100-
our government is now able to legislate morality after the media has fulfilled its purpose of convincing the youth of each generation to accept the relabelling of unnatural as good.
2. Just as Hitler successfully changed the beliefs of his countrymen through film, newspapers and radios, so too has our Ministry of Indoctrination. Walk into the vast majority of Christian churches and you'll hear nothing anti-homosexual.
3. The characterisation of gay men as the "charming, loveable, sweet and funny guy" in every film and tv show has changed beliefs. Not once does the subject population ever see this side of the reality of their lives, because social engineering has to show positive traits in order to gain acceptance of a behaviour that the vast majority reject still as unnatural.
4. Every characterisation of Christianity in that same vehicle of indoctrination - the media - is negative.
5. People reject Christ based on the characterisations that others have given them without even realising where those beliefs came from in the first place.
many Christian parents are rebelling at this forced indoctrination of their children into an an /anti-God moral.
7. We are in the last generation. Each successive generation has further rejected the Saviour and become Godless.
Originally posted by SlowlyLonely
reply to post by acmpnsfal
Therefore, while practicing homosexuality is still a sin in the New Testament, killing the people who practice it is no longer acceptable.edit on 17-5-2012 by SlowlyLonely because: (no reason given)
Originally posted by mythos
how about burning witches? is it still in vogue to set practitioners of that Old Time religion ablaze?
Originally posted by GmoS719
You are wrong.
True Chrisitanity is not anti-homosexual, it's anti-sin.
Homosexuality falls in that category.
God doesn't hate the sinner he hates the sin, true christians do the same.