It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Christians believe the Bible as the word of God. The Bible says that homosexuality is an abominable sin. For Christians, this is the final say on the matter. Christians are not taught to be anti people, which is what is assumed. Christians are not anti homosexual in the sense that some want to be known as a person by such a phrase. Christians love people, but not sin. Sin is defiance to God, and Christians will not bless sin nor approve of it.

Homosexuality comes from being tempted to do what is not natural. The reward for this is the excitement of doing it and nothing more, the same as if someone rapes a woman or is a pedophile who wants little kids as sex objects because to them it brings hidden pleasures of sin.

The book of Romans in the Bible says that those who do such things take pleasure in them not only knowing God disapproves but also defying God by driving Him from their conscious mind in hatred. Not only this, they also applaud others who do the same. It goes on to say that God eventually gives them over to the vile nature to be destroyed in it and later judged for their sin on whom the wrath of God abides. So there comes a point where God will stop trying to turn the person committing homosexual sin away from their sin and they will no longer feel guilty for doing it.

All sin is sin. Unmarried sex, extra marital sex, sex with animals, homosexuality, pedophilia, rape, sex with close relatives, sex with your parents, sex with your children, etc. These are all sins of physical lusting, to have what is not permitted.

It is not a sin to be black, or a Jew, or a woman or a man, but it is a sin to practice homosexuality.

And as a Christian I do not hate homosexuals (people who practice it), but I do not accept the sin.

And there you have it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by SaturnFX

If you notice my first response, I congratulated you on finding a small opinion poll which demonstrates only that the perception of Christianity held by the study group is false.

I agree with you
The perception of christianity demonstrated here is arguably false
but it is the perception the study had shown.

You haven't addressed any of these positive aspects of my posts;
I'm not defending a religion as a whole - just pointing out that true religion has nothing to do with hating anyone.

This isn't a religion issue so much as a marketing issue imo.

The study however is not skewed..this isn't some atheist group goading people into saying hateful things..this is a christian group doing a big study trying to understand why they are losing the young adults..this is the results they got.

Does religion in general (christianity specifically) do good things? sure..of course.
How then does that become the perception verses just the anti-gay thing?

My views have nothing to do with this thread overall...but people get frustrated and attack verses contemplate the greater issue at hand.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlowlyLonely
Second, people who abandon Christianity because their church disapproves of homosexuality do not abandon the religion because Christian churches don't accept gays. Instead, they choose not to attend a church that accepts gays.

Thats actually something to consider.
Many abandon church..does not mean they abandon faith..they just don't go to the business of church to practice their personal faith.
Which ultimately I find to be a good move (you don't need a building to teach you how to connect to your spiritual nature, be it through books, meditation, etc). It can be comforting to find like minded people, but it is unnecessary, and often times with less depth.

Your last sentence..not sure if you typed it wrong, but it brings up a relevant aspect anyhow. People whom don't attend church because they don't want to be next to people they deem sinners...are missing the point of the religion to begin with.

If the good christians don't want to be seen rubbing elbows with sinners, then they are neither good, nor christian.
(cash?)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hmmm lots of hatred being spewed in this thread and whaddayaknow, most of it is coming from those who are religious. Way to be Christ-like.

Rant and rave about gays as much as you like, we've always been here and we are not going to go away so you might as well get used to it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Nice try on the propaganda, but no. I'm a Christian (dont goto church because its been tainted) and I am not anti-homosexual. So get off the pony.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve
I'm a Christian (dont goto church because its been tainted)

Interesting

So, if you had to give one word about your perception of the current christian church, what would it be?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Tainted by the powers that be.

Sorry I didnt see the one word reply, I'd say the one word for the current christian "church" is Tainted.
edit on 17-5-2012 by iWantToBeelieve because: Didnt see the one word part

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by SoulReaper

jama.jamanetwork.com...

This study clearly points out that women are at less of a risk of catching an STD from another woman than they are a man. The study also goes on to suggest that homosexuality isn't necessarily the cause of any of these conditions, rather unsafe sex practices are to blame, regardless of sexual orientation.

aje.oxfordjournals.org...

Same findings as the above. Lesbians less likely to get cervical carcinoma because of a lack of exposure to HPV. Humans more susceptible to cancer if HIV is present.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yet another AIDS study with the same findings.. This isn't looking good.. unless you are under the impression that AIDS is something only homosexuals can get.. I will read the rest of these studies over the next day or so, and if I find anything worth mentioning, I will bring it up. Right now, I'm not really impressed.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

Like I said gay man are more at risk of increased health risks then woman are... I am not biased on this matter.. I gave you studies that show this fact...

if you can't understand the studies that isn't really my fault.

If you can't understand the increased health risks for Gay Men due to their lifestyles.. I guess I can't help you there either..

Soul

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Like I said gay man are more at risk of increased health risks then woman are... I am not biased on this matter.. I gave you studies that show this fact...

if you can't understand the studies that isn't really my fault.

If you can't understand the increased health risks for Gay Men due to their lifestyles.. I guess I can't help you there either..

Soul

Well, cheeseburgers and french fries leads to heart disease (The nations top killer). People have no issue with that though

So, if its practices we need to concern ourselves with, it goes from worst to best:

Cigarettes
fatty foods
cars
homosexual men
hetrosexual couples
homosexual females

Risk to rewards...better to be a gay woman than a smoker or fast food eater (especially if your eating fast food while driving and smoking)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Soul

No. You are putting the cart before the horse. This isn't about 'gay men', this is about 'lifestyle' choices. Nothing in these studies indicate that 'gay men' are at any more risk than anyone else. The only risk comes from poor 'lifestyle' choices.

The studies also draw a comparison between socio-economic levels and disease, and that poor education is also to blame.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Maybe it's more accurate to say modern, fundamentalist Christianity is homophobic:

www.disinfo.com...

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have no issue with a straight christian telling a gay christian they must stop practicing their homosexuality mind you.
I would just add a caveat that in order to tell him/her that, they walk the path with them and take a oath of celibacy themselves. to have no partners, to experience the loneliness with them, to want but not have, etc.

A good christian would not judge someone, then make them walk alone..they would walk with them for the sentence they give.

To do so would be admirable. Respect the man that will walk the talk with you.
To just tell someone what to do, then not walk with them..well, thats just being a bully and an ass. Jesus came to mankind to experience our issues..he took an oath of celibacy...follow in Christs example. if your going to tell a person what to do and not do, then do it yourself...experience the consequences with them by your orders. Help your fellow man and sinner. Show them the way by example.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Maybe it's more accurate to say modern, fundamentalist Christianity is homophobic:

www.disinfo.com...

Fundy christians need to stop beating people with bibles and start washing feet.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

The study however is not skewed..this isn't some atheist group goading people into saying hateful things..this is a christian group doing a big study trying to understand why they are losing the young adults..this is the results they got.

Does religion in general (christianity specifically) do good things? sure..of course.
How then does that become the perception verses just the anti-gay thing?

I just want to point out that it's not just young adults who are turning away from Christianity in this day and age.

Here's what the Bible says about the falling away of the Christian Church:

2 Timothy 4:1-4

1) In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge:

2) Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage —with great patience and careful instruction.

3) For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

4) They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Here's a good article on the subject:

As one reads news articles from around the Christian community, it is hard not to notice that many churches and denominations seem to stepping away from "controversial" biblical teachings in favor of a world view version of the bible. This means that tough topics such as homosexuality, abortion, adultery, and going to hell for not acknowledging Jesus as Lord and Savior, are not being discussed, let alone preached about in churches. Moral relativism and congregational entertainment seem to be all the rage. So are we in the period prophesied in the Bible as the "great falling away" of the church; the age of the church apostasy?

worshippingchristian.org...

So, as more people turn against Christianity, you'll probably see more and more churches turning away from the original and full message in order to suit everyone's personal preferences as stated in the article above.

We're living in a day and age where people are trying to mold God into what they want Him to be as opposed to trying to mold themselves into what God wants them to be. Once again, the selfish narcissists of the world won't be happy until every last institution has bowed down to their wants and desires, thereby destroying it altogether in the end.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Whoever wrote this thread is a TROLL and a *****.

I as most people know am a follower of Lucifer.

However, I will back the Christian movement and Islamic movement for the first time ever, by saying that both these religions are not homophobic you child.

They are followers of a god that believes STATES it is wrong for a man to lie with another man like they lie with a woman. Its their BELIEF boy.

I can not stand all these homo people inflicting their unnatural ways on the rest of humanity. Homosexuality is proven to be the biggest spreaders of DISEASE by way of sexual contamination. AIDS is spreading so fast BECAUSE of Homosexual men. They spread this disease and have no care for the rest of the planets WAY of life.

I DO NOT condone nor do I support the homosexual agenda or their uncleanliness.

IN THE USA

ATLANTA, Georgia, August 24, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced the CDC's estimate Monday that in the United States AIDS is fifty times more prevalent among men who have sex with men ('MSM') than the rest of the population. Dr. Amy Lansky revealed this statistic during a plenary session at the 2009 HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta.

The CDC had already revealed last year that approximately 53% of the estimated 56,300 new HIV cases in 2006 were in homosexual men, with the African American population being particularly affected.

AID 50 times Higher in Homo men!!

CDC PDF

IN CANADA

Gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men (MSM) continued to comprise the greatest proportion (44%) of new HIV infections in 2009. In 2008, persons who inject drugs (IDU) comprised 21% of new HIV infections

AIDS STATS FOR CANADA

In many countries, men who have sex with men have been heavily affected by HIV and AIDS. HIV prevalence among men who have sex with men has been found to be as high as 25% in Ghana, 30% in Jamaica, 43% in coastal Kenya and 25% in Thailand.12 In the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and many parts of Western Europe, more people have become infected with HIV through male-male sex than through any other transmission route

I am of the view that the Christian Religion is NOT homophobic..because homophobia is just a MADE UP political nonsense to pacify the gay population for votes and VOTES alone. NO such thing as homophobia its just a way of controlling the people and another made up BS PC thing like islamaphobia!!

Posting this again for those who might have missed it regarding health issues.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So SaturnFX, are you getting especially giddy as the Ring of Fire eclipse approaches?

Or are you just some Fool playing taking things too lightly? Be careful I hate to see any souls lost in Forest Fires . . .

edit on 17-5-2012 by MasterGemini because: Non Serviam Nocturnis

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
So, as more people turn against Christianity, you'll probably see more and more churches turning away from the original and full message in order to suit everyone's personal preferences as stated in the article above.

We're living in a day and age where people are trying to mold God into what they want Him to be as opposed to trying to mold themselves into what God wants them to be. Once again, the selfish narcissists of the world won't be happy until every last institution has bowed down to their wants and desires, thereby destroying it altogether in the end.

There are points of agreement I do share with you. Some churches had indeed been turning away from the original message as you claimed, and EQUALLY as well, focussing the original way ROBATICALLY, for the sake of numbers, power and wealth.

Truths had been revealed to many's eyes on such realities, as churches neck deep in financial gains, luxury, prestige, etc are seen on a horrid regular basis in today's world, lamely excused away as a means to attract even more parishnors, and most certainly not for our Creator's gain, but only themselves.

Our very ancient ancestors in this current recorded civlisation of 5000 yrs, had faced rather 'harshed' laws and commandments from our Creator, simply only because they were uneducated and lived in a world of free will where barbarism was utilised instead of following the right path. And most certainly judging by TODAY's modern educated and 'civilised progression won by the blood of many' standards, those guidelines were harsh and many ignorant are thus turned away from religion, which the true message was about civilisation progression.

As civilisation progressed, so too must archaic laws be modified to suit a modern world in order to progress, not hold it back and most critically, without compromising the ESSENCE of those laws and guidelines. One of the most critical of them is 'thou shalt not kill'.

Every human life is precious and means something to another. Killing one will only result in further killings as hatred will grow, and during irrational flawed mortal moments, it will only lead to murder, and the cycle of hate spreads.

The only time we mankind have justification for killing is ONLY when we and our loved ones are attacked, by animals or humans turned beastly with murder intent, just as how our ancient ancestors had to defend themselves when attacked by such beasts.

Evolution is never easy, for we mortals are only flawed, and mere children compared to the age of the Universe. It is only by mistakes, acknowledging them and correcting them will we learn and evolve.

The homosexuality issue is nothing new, and there are ROOT causes as to why it happened. We must identify those roots, acknowledge them, and correct them so that we may evolve. And those roots lay not just in one person, or two, but societies as a whole.

Should we follow the law robotically and presume 'righteousness', we will only end up discriminating or even killing them, whom are our fellow humans, and would have broken the crtical law of 'thou shalt not kill'. Some nations stone or kill homosexual outright. Some discriminate against them, resulting in broken relationships, and suicide occurs.

They are not animals or beasts, and had hurt none, to deserve such aggravation. What had happened, had already happened, and change for them may bring more harm than good. It is the next innocent generations that we must ensure they know full well the choices they have and to make.

The Messiah came to preach and lead our world towards our Creator's guidelines, but with compassion and better understanding, for then mankind had a glimpse of what civilisation was all about and a future possible, as more were educated.

Today, we are far more educated than 1st Century men, and should be more enlightened than them. We need to progress and evolve, but with compassion and pragmatism ruled by logic as our Messiah and divine teachers had taught us, without compromising the essence of original laws.

Let us not be too hasty, robotical, or lay claim to a moral highground of righteousness over the issue of homosexuality which will end mankind if the majority seeks for it, while neglecting the root causes of it. Without acknowledging the root causes, we will only have foolishly stigmatize and may even broken other laws that we sought to uphold, and even be manipulated by the power hungry to serve their own selfish agendas in the misused name of religion.

edit on 17-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well....I guess grammatically and technically there IS a difference between pedophile priest (who molest little boys) and homosexuality!

Hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlowlyLonely
reply to post by mythos

For the sake of clarity, it's best not to compare the legalities of the New Testament to the legalities of the Old Testament to criticize one or the other.

and yet that is what many folk do... once again, each faction has there own interpretation & justification of what is sin and what is not. cherry picking the parts of the bible, New or Old that serve them. so for you to tell me not to confuse the Old & the New is simply one more faction of Christianity cherry picking what scripture they will to back up whatever point they are trying to make.

and arrogant?
if that's how you see it.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWantToBeelieve

Nice try on the propaganda, but no. I'm a Christian (dont goto church because its been tainted) and I am not anti-homosexual. So get off the pony.
Try reading instead of reacting, you'll sound less dumb that way.

This thread is based on a study of what young people see Christianity as. All the OP said was that Christians need to stop letting their bigots speak the loudest (as they should) and instead have reasonable people take that position. It's sad to see so many ignorant people on a message board whose motto is "deny ignorance".

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join