It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity in one word: Anti-homosexual

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by SaturnFX

What a killjoy.
At least it's not an abomination.

Meh
Shellfish are also abominations...why the hell did god make soo many abominations?! Did he start drunk creating one day or something?

(actuality of it: abominations was a manmade decision based on things like eating certain foods gave food poisoning if not cooked properly, etc...so, instead of giving out long winded explanations about health services and food prep/infection/military assets, they simply said god said no...therefore no..
gotta remember the times...we are talking about almost cavemen...was a good effort to make them stop crapping right next to the food supply..much less discussing complex issues. Now adays, we have enough information and intellectual fortitude to cook properly, treat before infections (beards) and we don't need a massive standing army due to electronics, so babies aren't as critical to keep up the endless war cycle)

lol.
No man alive would consider 2 women making out an abomination.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Why? because its useless to talk to people whom have to think so simply...their brains simply cannot hold the information required to discuss different views and the like. If someone gets annoyed that I laugh at someone whom suggested I go on romantic getaways with lenin and marx, I don't see the need to defend such notions...but I do see an opening to crack a few jokes...

Don't get me wrong for a minute. As you know me well enough. I to have joined in this way of dealing with these members you have described here. The more simple minded. I do however recognize thier place in the world Saturn.

I have found you to be quite humorous at times.
edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Certainly, Evil is anything that falls short of perfection. Anything that is not completly Pure, Holy, or Righteous is considered by nature an Object of Gods Wrath. This includes all of creation and every single human who has every lived, we all fall under the condemnation of the Divine Law.

This was within Gods Purpose to subject all of Creation to futility in order to point all of humanity to Christ. As it is written in scripture,

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.
(Romans 8:18-21 ESV)

The result of this is that All humans are alike, we all are under the condemnation of the Divine Law and we all need redemption. Christ is the redeemer, he endured Gods Wrath upon himself rather then have it fall upon the Sinner.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
(Romans 3:23 ESV)

And you may very well object to Gods purpose here and if you do, you will remain an unbeliever and under Gods wrath.

You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory—even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?
(Romans 9:19-24 ESV)

If God is at work in you, these words bring Peace, Hope, Love and Joy for you. If he is not, these words will seem like foolishness to you and you will reject them. I will pray for the former.

God bless
Soul

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

You seem to enjoy being provocative.
Can your pan ash stand up to my scrutiny.
I say NO.
You are a anti semite bible basher, a anti- Christianite
and a gay ignorant.
Make of this as you will.
You will not defend your self will you?

They are a Satanist, Saturn was the lord of the rings and his hypno-frog is a play on unclean spirits.

They even have trans-humanist in their avatar.

Does this help you a little?

If not, go get learned on the esoteric.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This study was done by someone who hates Christians

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

not that Saturn FX needs defending, as they seem perfectly capable of doing this for themself, but your base assessment of FX's contributions to ATS is ignorant at best. though i am not always in agreement with FX, i have consistently found their posts to be of substance, informative and rarely reactive.

provocative... of course. that's why i come to ATS. certainly FX can have a bit of a sharp tongue when defending themself, yet rarely have i seen from them as bluntly antagonistic and misinformed a post as yours.

so, before any newbies ('cause your b-day has you here for a whopping 2 months) wish to toss sludge at a valued member, check your facts. read the arguments. don't just spit venom.

just 'cause you don't agree with perspective, doesn't mean the person offering it is all sorts of the nasty # that you have called them.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This has turned into one big hater thread.

I think most of the people here know that Christianity isn't all about hating gays. The rest of you just want to bash religion.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Congratulations - you've managed to find out that a group of 16-29 year olds have been mis-sold a false doctrine package combined with some slick misinformation from anti-Christian quarters.

Christianity is not anti-homosexual; it is only poorly educated/ self-righteous people within the church who promote such hypocrisy and judgmentalism.

So, your thread premise is clearly based around some sort of anti-Christian agenda, not any sort of truth about real Christianity.

Thread fail/ propaganda.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I am in agreement with that Star. Bashturds never have anything to bring to the table.

edit on 16-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I say NO.
and a gay ignorant.

They are a Satanist, Saturn was the lord of the rings and his hypno-frog is a play on unclean spirits.

Thanks
I have known this from the womb. LOl
Let's let him reply and see.
the best ljb

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulReaper

Certainly, Evil is anything that falls short of perfection. Anything that is not completly Pure, Holy, or Righteous is considered by nature an Object of Gods Wrath. This includes all of creation and every single human who has every lived, we all fall under the condemnation of the Divine Law.

If God is at work in you, these words bring Peace, Hope, Love and Joy for you. If he is not, these words will seem like foolishness to you and you will reject them. I will pray for the former.

God bless
Soul

this limited view of Creation is rather daunting and fraught with blind absolutes, as is your generous doling of what is considered Evil. perfection? i cannot think of a more Human construct than that.

it is funny that you can put Wrath & Joy in the same post.

i will pray for you.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I think that was clearly the intention of the OP - to create a hate-filled thread which bashes Christianity as much as possible.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Something is amiss.

Some are saying Christianity DOESN'T hate homosexuality.
Some are saying that Christianity DOES but so do many religions.
Some are saying Jesus spoke out against it.
Some are saying he didn't.

Sounds like a lot of flip flopping from a presumably infallible source material.

If Christianity isn't Anti-Homosexual, is it Pro-homosexual, or indifferent to homosexuals, and can anyone back anything other than anti-homosexual dogma coming from the church?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

i have consistently found their posts to be of substance, informative and rarely reactive.

How does this thread demonstrate any of the qualities you so esteem?

This thread is clearly the product of an antichristian agenda, as it reveals no truth whatsoever about true Christianity. In my church, where we pray in the Spirit and receive prophecy etc, gays are welcome, active and participatory members who are KNOWN to be equals.

So stop supporting a man who clearly knows nothing about true Christianity, and is simply spouting hate-filled propaganda.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Read my post - God loves gay people, and I would testify under oath before congress that this is the case. I have seen evidence of God at work in the lives of homosexuals and straights alike.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
This study was done by someone who hates Christians

The study was done by a christian organization.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

You have seen evidence of some sort of providence that you define as god, because you were raised to define it as such.

You don't know anything about God, because it is an infinite concept, and you have a finite mind. Try using a pencil to draw a line that never ends.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
NO! this is not anti-christian... that is the defensive, persecution complex many fundamentalists uphold in full array. especially when they do not wish to explore an issue that touches a nerve.

i think the intent of the OP was to question why Christianity is so strongly associated with anti-homosexuality. it is a fair question. especially in light of the recent vote in North Carolina, which was funded primarily by Christian organizations:

The committee that supported of the measure was Vote for Marriage NC[10][11][12]
Rep. Paul Stam
Rep. Larry Brown
Rep. Mitch Gillespie
N.C. Values Coalition
Bishop Peter Jugis of Charlotte and Bishop Michael Burbidge of Raleigh[13]
Durham County Republican Party[14]
Faith & Freedom Coalition[15]
Newt Gingrich[16]
Rev. Billy Graham[17]

it is a legitimate question as to why a religion the purports Love and Tolerance, can be driven by such animosity towards a large segment of the population... especially when the "proof" of their conviction lay in a debatable source.

but most fundamentalists are not up for a "debate", and instead insist that they have ALL the answers. well, that simply is not the case, regardless of your devout faith.

i have my own devout faith, no less divinely inspired.

yet a healthy debate/dialogue cannot occur, because the defensive posturing and the "he's hating on christians" line gets tossed about....it is simply a shielf to neglect the true issue.

why are Christians so threatened by homosexuality that their religion is becoming synonomous with this form of bigotry.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

I say NO.
and a gay ignorant.

Thanks
I have known this from the womb. LOl
Let's let him reply and see.
the best ljb

Salron was the lord of the rings.
-sighs-
Seriously...you lot don't know who the main bad guy was in LOTR?!

and hypnotoad is..hypnotoad.
Futurama reference
All glory to the hypnotoad!!!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Dear Deetermined,

So, once again, do you encourage your congregation to read and follow ALL scripture, or just parts of it?

You make so many assumptions. All scripture is good and understanding it is even better. What is more important, salvation or sin? If sin, then what was the point of Jesus' death? Who is sinless? In regards to whether or not the members believe homosexuality is a sin, I would say some do and some don't. As for me, I am not there to judge anyone (judge not less you be judged). The fallacy is thinking that some sins are worse than others, picking and choosing who you condemn.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join