It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU AT LAST?? Brazilian Astronomer claims have found rogue planet hidden behind Neptune.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

I'll take the pigeon insult, as a compliment instead, as long as a bird can see things from a better perspective and eventually have the opportunity of taking a dump in the head of some people.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avalessa
Nibiru does not exist. I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't. Other planets exist, but Nibiru doesn't. There is no such thing as a winged planet hat will save humans from disaster. You can't steer a planet.

Says who? You and main stream science? Nowadays we think we know everything. We still have a lot to learn. Including anything is possible.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

In the text you quote the stations of Nibiru/Bel/Ea are Babylonian versions of Anu/Enlil/Ea related bands across the sky,

Babylonian Star Calendars.

Nibiru would equate with a central band, or station, that divided the hemispheres, and also in it's ideogram of the cross, would have been concerned with a star rising at due East achieving the highest ascension, with the zenith in accordance with the North/South axis...that position associate with rulership.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Maybe it's not a planet with wings? What if it resembles a comet or an asteroid and the wings arnt wings, it's the tail? they would have to be close to look like wings(wings of fire the red kachina?) I dunno ? Maybe there is a planet x maybe there is not I think my argument makes more scence than a planet, 1 a

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
reply to post by Phage

Regardless the possibility that Sitchin could have miscalculated the orbit of what the Sumerians called "Nibiru", just the fact that finally someone from INSIDE the club finally admitted the possible existence of this alleged rogue object, looks a pretty good step to start disclosing it.

No one inside your so called club claimed anything about Nibiru you said in one of your posts above that was a conclusion YOU came to.

That's the problem when you type so much BS you forget what you've typed

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I find it amazing that they are now finally admitting to it.

Don't you?

When everyone said nooooooooooooooooooooo....

Facepalm....................

Here is an article from 2008 regarding the topic:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

They aren't admitting anything because there is currently nothing to admit!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Drip

Drip

Drip

Of information

I find it funny that the usual shills turn up right on cue when something like this gets announced... Never on any other threads of course, just these...
edit on 15-5-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

which shills? debunkers or the doomers or on the fence'rs

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

Originally posted by Just Chris
But the article doesn't once mention that it may or may not be Nibiru, just a rogue planet with a size similar to Pluto. Doesn't exactly fit NIBIRU descriptions.

With that in mind however, will be interesting to see what comes of this?

I never said the article mentions Nibiru. It's my own reasoning that it COULD BE the same object from Sumerian genesis. And I assume you didn't read the whole article because he states the object could be 4 times bigger than Earth, was dragged into our Sun's orbit with a very elongated path. Well, IMO this has a big chance of being a candidate to Nibiru.

But there's no such thing as Nibiru even as a myth!!!!!!!! It was invention by Sitchin who badly translated Myan texts. I mean come on The Nibiru myth is itself a myth. You are beliveing in the rantings of a someone who made money selling books about a self invented myth. If Sitchin knocked on your door and sold you insurance you didn't need you would be angry and want compensation. Sitchin sells you a book about a made up planet called Nibiru and it gets lapped up........hmm........time to write a novel and pretend it's the truth..........what shall I pick.......

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lightmeup04

How can you say it is impossible and will never happen? Given the size of the universe, it will happen. Could be in the next billion years or so but it will. And we can can only watch 3% of our skies so if a planet entered our solar system tomorow, we wouldnt know about it.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
[
But there's no such thing as Nibiru even as a myth!!!!!!!! It was invention by Sitchin who badly translated Myan texts. I mean come on The Nibiru myth is itself a myth. You are beliveing in the rantings of a someone who made money selling books about a self invented myth. If Sitchin knocked on your door and sold you insurance you didn't need you would be angry and want compensation. Sitchin sells you a book about a made up planet called Nibiru and it gets lapped up........hmm........time to write a novel and pretend it's the truth..........what shall I pick.......

Not saying anyone is right or wrong, as I am completely staying out of the whole Nibiru argument... but...

Sitchen didn't translate the "myan" anything re: Nibiru. (and it would be Mayan, hehe)

He (badly or not) translated texts belonging to a completely different culture in a completely different era and zone.

Just saying... if you're going to try to present an argument within your rant about someone ranting and trying to get them to believe that a lie is a lie, you might want to present facts as they should be
Otherwise you lose credibility yourself.

Not trying to diss you or anything with it, just tossing a suggestion out. The Nibiru believers, by the way, are never going to listen to anything you have to say, especially with the tone you're using. It has become, like all types of zealotry, completely inviolate to those that are faithful believers.

There's a cognitive dissonance that you'll never break through, especially by "ranting" at them. This holds true with every belief system, by the way, and it's a big problem with the world right now. Force does not breed understanding, it breeds a force in reverse.

As far as this whole article in the OP is concerned, it's noting about Nibiru, per se, but it's going to get grabbed by the throat by anyone that has a stake in the nibiru idealism.

Just saying... dont' stress out, any of you. It's not about who wins. If you believe one thing, fine. If someone else does, fine. Neither one is impacting the lives directly of any other. So why all the hate?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Not a nibiru believer however anyone who has studied our Universe should know its filled with possibilites. We have observed space for only a short time.

What do we know for certain that will not change?

Everyone throwing out insults based on scientific "fact" is blowing me away with laughter.

Really.... I want to know from some of you die hard "science is fact believers" to tell me what is certain that will never ever change?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

The Sumerians called several different things Nibiru; including a star and Jupiter.

Kinda like how we once called the Earth flat, and said "this computer thing probably won't catch on."?
edit on 15-5-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BULLETINYOURHEAD
Maybe it's not a planet with wings? What if it resembles a comet or an asteroid and the wings arnt wings, it's the tail? they would have to be close to look like wings(wings of fire the red kachina?) I dunno ? Maybe there is a planet x maybe there is not I think my argument makes more scence than a planet, 1 a

The 'wings' could be

a. Rings, as with Saturn
b. description of a a mother ship or generational ark- Nibiru could be a verssel

Either way, I love this discovery, but am not understanding why people say that this could not possibly be Nibiru.

Call it a brown dwarf, Planet X, Nibiru, or rogue planet...the planet of our gods is the planet of our gods.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightmeup04
reply to post by eriktheawful

We know the orbital mechanics for how long?? And our solar system is how old?? I don't think we know a whole lot.

Lightmeup04

Exactly

And I see that some people are stating that this planet could not have possibly floated over into our solar system.

Let's grant them that

Then technically, this planet is apart of OUR solar system, just has a very long orbital period (2600 years compared to our 1 year), which is accurate to the ancient Sumerians account.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
astronomer are plain stupid, they claim to find other galaxies and other planets outside of our own galaxy, but they just found out there is a planet behind Neptune in our own solar system. I dont trust any of these news anymore, its all piece of trash. If nibiru exist, let it exist, it will do no harm for our lifetime.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Not a nibiru believer however anyone who has studied our Universe should know its filled with possibilites. We have observed space for only a short time.

What do we know for certain that will not change?

Everyone throwing out insults based on scientific "fact" is blowing me away with laughter.

Really.... I want to know from some of you die hard "science is fact believers" to tell me what is certain that will never ever change?

MamaJ, I know Universe is very complex and it is filled with possibilites. But this astronomers or scientist, you really think they just found this planet now. If they can find other galaxies, other clusters, other earth like planets thousand of light years away, what makes you believe this scientist are telling a fact. They dont even know our own solar system yet, and they are finding other planets outside of our own galaxy. And belive it or not universe is very complex and there is not only one universe, there are millions of other universes -- source (Hinduism), we are just one universe. There are much more advanced universes out there, cant explain all the details, but other more advanced universes exist. Its going to be hard for you to believe this, but that's a fact from the ancient text.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

The reason we're saying it's not Nibiru is because it does not fit the orbital mechanics proposed for Nibiru. For example, the closest it would come is five billion miles. That still puts it out beyond Pluto. I have no problem accepting that this planet could exist. I wouldn't say it's likely considering we had telescopes pointed out in that area all throughout the 20th century looking for a trans-Neptunian planet and all we turned up was Pluto. What I have a problem with is when people try to ascribe the name Nibiru to any hypothesized celestial object even when it doesn't even come close to matching Sitchin's description of Nibiru. Astronomy is interesting in its own right. You don't need to force your science fiction beliefs onto every new discovery to make it interesting.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
why does everyone think its a planet???

i really do not understand why people jump to conclusions. obviously if this was a planet its mass would have some kind of effect on other bodies.... what phage and them are saying.

soooooooo maybe its not a planet guys??? keep thinking

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What I REALLY find amusing is how many of you are going on about a non-existing planet as of yet.

Did ANY of you posters that are banging about this planet even BOTHER to read the article that the OP linked to?

Does Earth have a new friend? An astrophysicist says it's likely that an as-yet undiscovered planet exists on the dark fringes of our solar system, messing with the orbits of celestial bodies in the Kuiper Belt, just beyond Neptune. Rodney Gomes says the new planet could be anywhere from half to four times the size of Earth and is likely a rogue planet that floated over from another solar system. Other space scientists say Gomes' findings may be a lot of hot air and aren't sure his calculations support his theory. Buzzkills. We already lost Pluto. Stop playing with our hearts. Give us the new guy.

Bold emphasis is mine.

OP's Link to Article

You guys are arguing and making claims about a planet that has not even been discovered!

Calling astronomers "stupid" about something that has not even proven to exist yet is: well stupid in itself.

READ the articles that people post. DO NOT just go off what the OP's says, because the OP himself fully admits that his discussion is theoretical and his opinion.

Talk about blind leading the blind!

edit on 15-5-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join